PDA

View Full Version : Pirates selling GameCube titles as Wii games

Shrygue
August 6th, 2007, 20:47
via Nintendo Wii Fanboy (http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/06/pirates-selling-gamecube-titles-as-wii-games/)

Filipino site GameOPS found that pirates are up to their old tricks again, copying GameCube games onto DVD discs and packaging them as Wii releases. Titles like Luigi's Mansion, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition are advertised with new covers that've been rebranded with Wii logos and boxart elements. Unlike official GameCube-to-Wii ports, these don't even feature tacked-on waggle controls!

When asked about the "Wii" copy of Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes on display at ShopesVille, a department store in Manila's Greenhills Shopping Center, one of the salesladies explained that it's the same Metal Gear Solid release as the upcoming PS3 game. We bet that all the people who argued about the Wii not being able to handle next-gen graphics feel a bit silly now! Check past the break for a couple more photos of the counterfeit case jackets.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2007/08/gc-wii-discs-1-nwf.jpg

DimensionT
August 6th, 2007, 21:21
Dad-zookes, Batman!!! They released Wind Waker and THUG 2 for the Wii? TO THE DOUCHE BAG MOBILE!!!

People are retarded when it comes to falling for schemes like this. Even more so when they try to MAKE people fall for them...

parkermauney
August 6th, 2007, 21:24
Yeah. The THUG2 remake for wii has a different cover. At least the one I bought.

JKKDARK
August 6th, 2007, 23:13
lol you must be very retarded for buy piracy...

mcdougall57
August 7th, 2007, 16:39
technically speaking they are still for the wii, but i can see a grandparent or somebody similar falling for this scheme as they might see it as a nice present for a grandchild

VampDude
August 11th, 2007, 18:37
technically speaking they are still for the wii, but i can see a grandparent or somebody similar falling for this scheme as they might see it as a nice present for a grandchild

They could fall for it, but the poor packaging would give it away.

acn010
August 11th, 2007, 19:09
that is just sad.... lol
another way to get money, and fast