PDA

View Full Version : CUSTOM FIRMWARE 3.40* LE (Leaked Edition) - Team Wildc*rd

On The Rise
August 6th, 2007, 21:12
Awesome News from Team Wildcard, heres the full release info of a new killer Custom Firmware for the PSP that was reverse engineered from the Dark Alex Custom Firmwares, well done lads :).

Heres a screen

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/in-XMB20config.JPG

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Team_Wildcards_Custom_Firmware_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Team_Wildcards_Custom_Firmware_Released

CUSTOM FIRMWARE 3.40* LE (Leaked Edition) - Team Wildc*rd

This is the initial release of our custom firmware. We completely reverse-engineered 3.10 OE, updated all the tweaks for version 3.40, and added our own sexy patches.

-----------------
3.40*'s features:
-----------------

* Everything you know and love from 3.40 OE-A
* Sexy new SCEP-style recovery menu
* In-XMB configuration menu
* Auto-detection of the kernel needed for homebrew - no need for GAME150 and GAME340; just put it all in GAME

-----
Notes
-----

The new DATA.DXAR file will be placed in the root of your memory stick; feel free to delete it or save it for later once you've installed.

None of the installer files need to stay on your memory stick once 3.40* is installed. You can delete them all.

To view the recovery menu/config menu in the XMB, press R + SELECT

--------------------------
Team Wildc*rd's Shout-outs
--------------------------

* Thanks to Mathieulh and Dark_AleX before all others! They inspired us with their awesome releases. Without them this wouldn't have happened.
* Greetz to poison for making SCEP open-source
* Greetz to eXonet and Malloc.us
* Greetz to Noobz. You continue to be most excellent.
* Greetz to Skylark, adrahil, and our benevolent testers.

------------------------------
Team Wildc*rd's Two Minute Hate
-------------------------------

* Greetz to the leaking ***s (you know who you are) for being as unoriginal as ever!

..._^ ^___
[..(\(*'O')/).\ --< the cat is out of the bag! >
../\______//
./|.........|\/
..|_____|

P.S. Thanks to all the doubters in our other release thread here, especially those who called us a bunch of hex editors. It's truly appreciated....
- Team Wildcard

P.P.S: We were also working on a 3.52 custom firmware with even more features which luckily was not leaked. But after recent events, we can no longer be sure if it will ever see the light of day.

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Team_Wildcards_Custom_Firmware_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Team_Wildcards_Custom_Firmware_Released

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

xg917
August 6th, 2007, 21:17
dam. you shoulda posted in the submit news forum. i like the new styled recovery menu :)

On The Rise
August 6th, 2007, 21:22
im not allowed to post threads in the news forum. Yea I like the new styled recovery menu and you access it while in the xmb just press select and R. :)

xg917
August 6th, 2007, 21:24
"Submit News Forum" which is the fourth forum on the first page

splodger15
August 6th, 2007, 21:40
Now this is what I call a custom firmware no need for GAME150 folders no doubt M33 will copy on this idea in later releases nice work Wildcard and I look forward to seeing future releases from you guys

Buddy4point0
August 6th, 2007, 21:44
i love the auto detection thing. putting everything in game will be great for noobs. im sure m33 will take the idea, and as you gave them permition to do so on your open source thread, that will be cool. also the in xmb confiuration is really good. having to reset my psp every time i wanna change a plugin setting was anoying. im sorry but i wont be using this, but it is really good. if you do quit i really hope m33 uses your source to add to there 3.52 m33-2. this firmware is really good and i seriously hope if you do quit m33 continues for you.

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 21:45
nice work, lets spread this news on digg before the tossers who leaked it in the first place do

Draak332
August 6th, 2007, 21:55
this looks great:)
thanks guys, keep it up
sorry for the leak:(

Shrygue
August 6th, 2007, 22:06
Oh...wow.... this looks so good, I will upgrade to this version of custom firmware right now!

double_d
August 6th, 2007, 22:23
Great work devs. It looks fantastic.
I can see this being the best firmware if it's continued.

One question though. Any body know if IR Shell works with it?
I don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't want to flash if it doesn't.
Feel free to insult my laziness. :rolleyes:

Tesseract
August 6th, 2007, 22:28
I definitely hope that the Wildc*rds will continue toheir work despite the idiots that felt it necessary to hack their way into the server rather than waiting patiently.

Keep it up! I'd love to see this hit 3.51! In-XMB configuration would be nice!

Lodis
August 6th, 2007, 22:34
Dark Alex has said that this source leak is most useful to Sony than anyone else. With Sony getting their hands on the source they can really make specific attempts to successfully prevent Custom Firmware now. The leak was completely irresponsible. We may have these great Custom Firmwares now but consider the future. Releasing the source is like giving Sony a Custom firmware shield if you ask me.

DarthPaul
August 6th, 2007, 22:43
Great news!

..._^ ^___
[..(\(*'O')/).\ --< the cat is out of the bag! >
../\______//
./|.........|\/
..|_____|
Shameful cat..

if you do quit i really hope m33 uses your source to add to there 3.52 m33-2.

I guess you meant 3.52 M33-3.

One question though. Any body know if IR Shell works with it?
I don't see why it wouldn't, but I don't want to flash if it doesn't.
Feel free to insult my laziness. :rolleyes:

Wow you're so freaking lazy! Haha joke..
Yeah it works,remember that this is technically just a reversed OE,so it's all the same.

BrooksyX
August 6th, 2007, 22:46
Great release, Hopefully team wildcard won't mind if M33 copy some of their ideas.

Sp3ct0r
August 6th, 2007, 22:55
Frikin sweet!! :D

double_d
August 6th, 2007, 23:02
Well then, thanks for the info, which I already knew.
But I just have to second guess myself.
Meh, I figured somebody else would have tried it, so why not ask right?

I'm definitely going to flash this.
It's not like I use No-UMD, and that's the only new feature I see in M33 that's of any use.
Here I come fantastic looking recovery menu.

And of course, this will definitely be some nice competition for the firmwares.
Should get everybody moving and competing.

V3N0M
August 6th, 2007, 23:08
Well looks like I'll need to update my custom firmware reference thread! Here is the thread for those interested.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68856 If anyone would like to help just send me a PM. ( You are credited for any information you provide. )

sedated_bush
August 6th, 2007, 23:29
am i the only one or does the skip sce logo say activating wma..

tophead420
August 6th, 2007, 23:43
Man this looks great. I may just go to this from 3.52 M33. I really hope they make a 3.52 version of this tho. And I like the teams name Team Wildc*rd oyeah thats good stuff there.

scarph
August 6th, 2007, 23:56
i like this idea, this team looks pretty talented. Integrated recovery int o xmb is good.

One thing im worried about is the more extravagant a recovery menu is, the less likely it will work in a catastrophic fail. I mean it probably only lowers your chance of working by like 0.5 percent, but that's important to me.

Leaked source code means nothing. Sony could reverse engineer it in 5 minutes if the wanted to.

The only problem is gonna be brickers built on the source code, someone with a mod chip is gonna have to test every sing cfw release.

Good working though wildc*rd, i appreciate the innovation.

Cloudhunter
August 7th, 2007, 01:20
Nah, it'll work - it's stable :)

Cloudy

ALTIMITHacker
August 7th, 2007, 01:44
With these new features, this CFW is my favorite. The homebrew kernel detection makes it beat my M33 firmware.:thumbup: Im gonna switch over to this. And btw, im sure they will use the 100% No UMD feature(The Sony Driver) when it hits 3.52 because it is only able to work on those firmwares(well 3.50 and above), sounds wierd but its true. Anyway, this is a great release, even if it was released because of leaked information.

b_simpson1999
August 7th, 2007, 10:25
I love this, it so good, my plugin (*cough*usbmount103*cough*) seem to not enable even when I disable and enabling it back on it uses select to sort of load not sure if that makes any difference, wonder if you change the menu to press l+r Trigger instead, and when reformating ms you still have game150 & game340 folder still on, wot is file manager under recovery as i can't acess it if am suppose to. wots with the Game folder hombrew option if this loads both.

brasssmunky
August 7th, 2007, 12:52
this looks definately solid.
i just dont feel like switching from my m33
i would if i had more time or something.
just to try it
i like th ehomebrew kernel idea ALOT
that is very handy
i just like how it makes my memory stick not cluttered with folders.
i hope wildcard will at least work with m33 a bit so they can easily add the kernel mode, and the in - XMB recovery
hmm, can anyone tell me if you can get to standard recovery?
like i mean, get to it before your XMB loads?
that would be ideal to have it with both.
thanks.

JPJunkie
August 7th, 2007, 13:21
Wow is this for real! Team Wildc*rd you have raised the bar for cfw

b_simpson1999
August 7th, 2007, 14:08
hmm, can anyone tell me if you can get to standard recovery?
like i mean, get to it before your XMB loads?
that would be ideal to have it with both.
thanks.

yeah you can press the right shoulder button to get to the recovery mode menu or in the xmb & even in a game right shoulder+select to see normal menu

masamune
August 7th, 2007, 14:42
hell yeah, imma try this...

won't be long before becus comes back to add a second recovery... lol

jinqui242
August 7th, 2007, 15:54
The separate game folders never bothered me. I always have my kernel set to 3.52 and never had a problem.

Chameleon
August 7th, 2007, 16:24
Im not going to upgrade to this, I have a good system to put homebrew games in my GAME150 folder, and emulators in my GAME folder

Harshboy
August 7th, 2007, 17:16
Looks nice, I might install it when I get back from Vacation...

Raekwik11
August 7th, 2007, 18:18
I wonder when pops will finally be stable. Playing ff8 with a million freezes got annoying

mike_jmg
August 7th, 2007, 18:42
I wonder when pops will finally be stable. Playing ff8 with a million freezes got annoying

whoot?, have you tried 3.52 M33, FF8 works fine, with the original game code.

I've had no freezes, (just casting scan but meh!)

I like this firmware, and the recovery menu on Xmb looks sweet
But I'm already on 3.52 M33, so I wont try it, maybe if they release a 3.52 one enabling the sony prx

Let the battle of the firmwares begin :thumbup:

acn010
August 7th, 2007, 22:55
team up!!! let the army of devs unite!!!!

sourced
August 8th, 2007, 02:13
interesting. although it looks a little shady if you ask me.

Cloudhunter
August 8th, 2007, 02:26
Why is it shady? o.O

Cloudy

xcjzerox
August 8th, 2007, 02:44
i was in m55 3.52 CF then i use recover to go to 1.50 and then updated to 3.40 oa .. then i could upgrade to this verison right..

Cloudhunter
August 8th, 2007, 02:52
Of course :)

Erm but... No need to go back to 1.50 or to OE-A to go to this.

Cloudy

John Vattic
August 8th, 2007, 15:30
I'll pass. but keep up the work.

Zalamander
August 8th, 2007, 22:52
Im sitting on a older 3.02 OE-B and having some trubble using this update, it refuse to run the updater from GAME folder. Is it safe to run the updater meant for 1.50 from GAME150 folder with this cutom firmware instead?

edit:
Ah nwm, solved it by going to 3.02 OE-B Boot recovery menu and changing to 1.50 operation mode.

Raynel
August 9th, 2007, 16:30
yu that shit **** my psp after it says restart manually my psp doesnt do anything:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

shard743
August 15th, 2007, 23:34
Hey just like wanted to say but I bricked off of this, I know is was probably something stupid I did and I have a random idea of what it was. but I followed the read-me and did everything that it said too....I have a wonderful 82 motherboard and I was on 3.52 M33....but anyways for my random and not accurate conclusion. I had used the applecor theme for the 3.52 cfw...Well in the readme of that them it says

"The big files have been compressed so there no need to have anything on your memory stick, just Delete the DIC folder if you need space, and flash the files to their corresponding locations. "

Well turns out I did need some space so I deleted a FEW files in the dic folder....thinking that it wouldn't make a difference and afterwards my psp started up fine so I thought all was good...but I noticed while the flasher for 3.40 le was running it was deleting every file individually and when it got to the dic folder it stopped and went to flashing the fw to the psp....Could it be because I deleted a few files in the dic folder that it reached one of the ones I had deleted and it stopped without deleting the rest? and then in turn bricking my psp?

Well if anyone else had this problem or I'm just stupid and its no problem at all just let me know please....
Have a good day
~Steve