View Full Version : Hacking Sites Targeted Now ?

wraggster
August 6th, 2007, 22:08
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/tehskeen.jpg

Last week we had the storys of stores and homes being targeted by USA authorities but now something more of a concern for the Homebrew and Hacking Scene, Tehskeen website (http://www.tehskeen.net/) which has a wealth of information about Gamecube and Nintendo Wii Hacking and Homebrew and Modding has today shut it doors with a RIP sign on the website.

Speaking to Brakken he claimed outside pressures but with the actions taken last week its pretty obvious that the site has been taken down by a mixture of legal threats both to him and his hosts.

DCEmu UK would like to offer any Homebrew and Emulation coders for the Wii and Gamecube a home at our network. Hopefully tehskeen will arise somehow but its a concerning moment for any Hacking Site/ Community.

Spread This News (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Hacking_Sites_Targeted_Now)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Hacking_Sites_Targeted_Now

DimensionT
August 6th, 2007, 23:22
What, pirates weren't enough? Now they have to go after the legitimate mod users? This is seriously F'ed up. Why don't they go after the numerous torrent sites instead?

They need to get their damned priorities straighted out...

Mr_Biggs
August 6th, 2007, 23:28
im scared, wraggy... if you ever need a good hitman, i'll book a ticket to the UK.

DimensionT
August 6th, 2007, 23:44
It might've had something with their modchip reviews, and links to where you could buy them. In which case, DCemu is in the same boat. Maybe it would be a good idea to take down the links and any info about chips, at least for the time being.

This is the only reason I can think of that would've had any baring worth taking the site down... I mean, they can't shut a site down just for homebrew software and games.

NeoXCS
August 6th, 2007, 23:50
Whatever happened to free speech? In my opinion thats all this is a form of. Free speech. Why is everyone being pushed around when they are doing nothing wrong but exercising their right to put out information. The internet is supposed to be a place to get out ideas and information to the masses, to give people a place to find out new and cool things. It sickens me to see how free speech is being ignored. :(

kcajblue
August 7th, 2007, 00:37
this sucks.
i remember going there when i first started doing stuff with my gc.

pibs
August 7th, 2007, 00:58
thats lame, this will only hurt the big companies in the end.

jamotto
August 7th, 2007, 01:09
It's only the beginning, I expect anything dealing with modchips here in the U.S. will have a hard time for the foreseeable future.

titch.ryan
August 7th, 2007, 09:37
i just hope this wont happen to dcemu!

John Vattic
August 7th, 2007, 09:52
Hope you all like corporate slavery. that's what this is all about. New World Order and DRM hand in hand. The war on terror is really just being used to control the masses and the things you buy.

"from my cold dead hand", that's where you'll find my psp you treasonous federal scumbags.

DimensionT
August 7th, 2007, 10:17
Damn, this thread came at a bad time... I thought DCemu got taken down. Guess it was just down a few hours for other reasons.

It's the US gov. that's doing all the raiding right? Maybe they aren't allowed to touch DCemu because it's hosted in the UK. Anyone know where tehskeen was hosted?

Killer Bee
August 7th, 2007, 10:18
wow, this sucks badly. Hope that this isn't going to happen to DCEmu.

kiore
August 7th, 2007, 10:30
Gee!........ that was money well spent ,shutting down a web site which will only be replaced by another. wake up and smell the cheese....

naruto777
August 7th, 2007, 11:12
I don't wanna help creating funerals for DCEmu!!!!

Martin
August 7th, 2007, 11:16
Don't worry, DCEmu is going nowhere. Sorry to hear about Tehskeen though :(

Mr. Shadow
August 7th, 2007, 11:59
How can we be sure that this site isn't going anywhere?

User Name:
August 7th, 2007, 12:50
http://psx-scene.com/wii/portal.php?styleid=45

Safari Al
August 7th, 2007, 13:47
If they take down dcemu i figure a riot will start somewhere. I don't get why they just won't let us be. These games are made by people, and this means they should be allowed to play their games. It's not like homebrew is illegal. They just don't want it, which is wrong of them to shut down tehskeen and even think about taking down DCemu, a site that was paid for! I really hope these people just let us live our own lives and stop pestering us.

mr_nick666
August 7th, 2007, 16:26
Damn shame as TehSkeen was the best place to find Wii/GC homebrew and actually talk to the devs themselves :( Its where I met rodo who did the GCSCUMMVM version.

Is there any decent sites like TehSkeen for devs anymore?

mike_jmg
August 7th, 2007, 19:15
im scared, wraggy... if you ever need a good hitman, i'll book a ticket to the UK.

LOL, :rofl:
Me too

Damn, this thread came at a bad time... I thought DCemu got taken down. Guess it was just down a few hours for other reasons.

It's the US gov. that's doing all the raiding right? Maybe they aren't allowed to touch DCemu because it's hosted in the UK. Anyone know where tehskeen was hosted?

I thought it was down again because of this too:(
Let's hope this never happens

kjetil1991
August 7th, 2007, 20:26
i dont like it when homebrew becames a shame its ok but developers hate it of course=(

maxipower90
August 7th, 2007, 23:48
how can DCemu be so confident,? is there something im missing

ochentay4
August 8th, 2007, 01:03
i miss tehskeen, it always had emus for gamecube, specially snes, genesis, neogeo... and they all work on wii! i am looking forward to another website that replaces or hopes to replace tehskeen!

Gnimm
August 8th, 2007, 01:21
There was this guy who had just recently been testing a port of Quake for the Gamecube.

A couple of days later, the site goes down permanently.

A couple of goals that should be carried on with respect to Gamecube homebrew

-Nintendo 64 emulator which loads from a self-contained .dol
-Gameboy Advance emulator which loads from a self-contained .dol
-Atari 7800 emulator which loads from a self-contained .dol
-More PC abandonware. Classic adventure games? Duke Nukem 3D?

Kojote
August 8th, 2007, 01:58
It's indeed a shame to see tehskeen.net going as it had tons of interesting information, not to mention the homebrew programs for GC/Wii. Probably the combination of too excessive MOD-Chip advertising in combination with the homebrew releases were the problem, probably even the permanent emulator releases, which were also working on GC's.

After all everyone should have the right to do whatever he/she wants with his/her console. One thing is clear, tehskeen.net never directly promoted piracy and as far as I know they also stepped far away from anything like this.

Instead of bugging a hand full of "freaks", whoever was responsible for forcing brakken to take his page down, should go after the tons of pirated roms and pirates selling modded consoles along with pirated "goodies".

Most of the people using homebrew are just coders and 101% freaks, which want to enjoy their hardware in a different way. I doubt many have the knowledge or the time, to activly do pirate stuff with the information which is supposed to be for homebrew coders.

linkenski
August 8th, 2007, 03:23
remember lotsa backup of the site wagg!!! by the way... why is r4ds.net down this long... been since end-june

PeterM
August 8th, 2007, 09:06
Shame TehSkeen went down - it was a great site for talking about legit (no mods/chips required) homebrew too. I found everyone there had a great attitude and were always ready to help out.

I'm the guy working on Quake GameCube. A beta version is available now:
http://code.google.com/p/quake-gamecube/