View Full Version : Laptop???

ninja9393
August 7th, 2007, 19:18
I want to get a pretty cheap but good laptop

My price range is between $400.00 - $500.00

do you guys have any recommendations

Man
August 7th, 2007, 20:00
Steal one. lol look in your local paper or kijiji adds just type in google kijiji (insert city name). and then search laptop.

mexicansnake
August 7th, 2007, 20:04
Go dell. Or maybe a compaq presario.

Man
August 7th, 2007, 20:24
Dont go with dell they suck. my grandmother bought a laptop, im going to remind you this is my grandma, and the harddrive made a crunching noise and died. then they tryed to tell me it was our fault. THEN they said they didnt make harddrives smaller then 120GB and we had to buy a new one from them and it wasnt covered under waranty. so i would never go with dell. EVER!!

dejkirkby
August 7th, 2007, 20:27
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DNCWHA1&s=dhs

VampDude
August 7th, 2007, 20:37
Dont go with dell they suck. my grandmother bought a laptop, im going to remind you this is my grandma, and the harddrive made a crunching noise and died. then they tryed to tell me it was our fault. THEN they said they didnt make harddrives smaller then 120GB and we had to buy a new one from them and it wasnt covered under waranty. so i would never go with dell. EVER!!

My mum's PC's hard drive is 36GB, and my mum's PC is a DELL... But it was bought in 2004, but back then the hard drives were smaller - don't know why they still aren't as small for people who don't want the extra space? They should still do smaller hard drives for people who don't want masses of memory.

Man
August 7th, 2007, 20:54
Ya they told my grandma that, and she told me and i called them back and they changed their tune, so to speak, but we still needed to buy a new harddrive but i just installed it for her.

kcajblue
August 7th, 2007, 21:46
doesnt frys have cheap laptops?
i dont know if they have this store in other countries, but i know they have it in the US, or at least in california.

mexicansnake
August 7th, 2007, 22:02
I just want to warn you, DONT buy a toshiba or a gateway.

BrooksyX
August 7th, 2007, 22:37
For $400 - $500 i would go with a Compaq or HP laptop(Same thing basically), their going to give the best quality and bang for your buck at the price range.

If you wanted to spend a little bit more money I would suggest probably a better HP or an Asus.

acn010
August 7th, 2007, 22:42

callese!!!!!! toshiba es bueno dependiendo el modelo:thumbup:
i recomend you hp computers(it is also compaq)

VampDude
August 7th, 2007, 22:52
Ya they told my grandma that, and she told me and i called them back and they changed their tune, so to speak, but we still needed to buy a new harddrive but i just installed it for her.

Look at the bright side, least you can have the hard drive from her PC as an extra :D

The King
August 7th, 2007, 22:57
why not i have a tosiba wen i havent used it yet