PDA

View Full Version : PBPCat

wraggster
August 7th, 2007, 20:17
Flatmush posted this release on PS2dev forums (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=8736):

I come bearing a release of a tool which I hope some of you will find useful. PBPCat adds extra files into an EBOOT.PBP, and basically works as an alternative to bin2o in the way that it lets you store files within the eboot and allows you to read them back from within the program.

There is a small sample included, and the packer was compiled with mingw and only comes with a windows makefile. You should use the header files included with the sample to extract files.

This is a really simple program using the PBP file description found in YAPSPDoc.

An EBOOT.PBP can have a maximum size approaching 24MB, I assume that this is because at some point in the loading process the whole pbp is loaded into memory, however as you will see in the sample the additional data is not loaded into memory until you load it.

Hopefully this will improve the way homebrew is packaged, meaning fewer files are cluttered around and making it very slightly harder for people to steal sprites, etc.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

jamotto
August 8th, 2007, 00:49
Nicely done.