PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Kickflip World 3D Skateboarding

HardHat
August 8th, 2007, 05:52
Team Sushi consisting of: HardHat, PSPJunkie, Meyitzo and Mark G aka Fatcat have been working on another 3D game, and we're bubbling to share a little bit of what we've done so far.

Attached are some screenshots of the skateboard moving around the skatepark running on the PSP. The skater model is nearly done, and we expect to have game play working in about a week.

The game engine is a progression from the subway preview that was included in the game Last Call from the GBAX compo. It includes: lighting, textured and untextured models, Wavefront OBJ importer and soon will have MD5 (Quake 4) model support replacing the MD2 and MD3 support which we previously implemented.

For these screenshots, there are no display optimizations, so I expect that there will be both speed ups and slow downs as optimizations and features are added.

The planned release will allow both mission based challenges and free style skating, and offer the ability to customize the skater, and even mod the skateboard yourself.

Attached are the promised screen shots, in the comments area.

For more pics, you can check out my blog (http://www.pspsmm.com/)

HardHat.

Gizmo356
August 8th, 2007, 06:12
Awesome hard!

long time no see :D

siulmagic
August 8th, 2007, 06:30
very nice

ICE
August 8th, 2007, 06:35
haha very nice indeed.

titch.ryan
August 8th, 2007, 07:51
wow awesome. i cant wait!

GSA1508
August 8th, 2007, 08:37
Altough I am not a big fan of sport games.... I definitelly will like to try this, specially when is done by normal people, and not corporative jerks....

Good Job Guys!!!:thumbup:

tophead420
August 8th, 2007, 09:52
OMG you guys friggin own. I think that devs can read my mind cause i was just thinking about a skateboard homebrew game for psp like two nights ago and now this. Me being a skateboarder I will so love this game. O and one suggestion once this project takes off implement a park editor. I know its to early for it now but later you must do it Lol. Keep it up and can't wait for this. And please don't drop this project like most poeple do. I wanna see this devolope to the best homebrew game of all time. Nice work

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 8th, 2007, 10:43
omg! Your team ownZ!!!! Homebrew tony hawk lol!!! can't wait!!:)

kjetil1991
August 8th, 2007, 11:16
the pics where good loking forward to testing it=)

Malksta
August 8th, 2007, 12:36
Looking nice, not suprised.. It is work from HardHat ;)

ALTIMITHacker
August 8th, 2007, 12:47
Its good to see more homebrew devs working on 3D games VS the 2D ones. Though I am no expert, Im assuming it is much harder to come out with these types of games, making sure the FPS remains relatively high and is able to load properly on a PSP. I support the effort in these types of games, don't let your hard work end yet, keep up the progress. It will make it all the sweeter.

fatcat04912
August 8th, 2007, 14:35
Yes there will be a level editor :)

acn010
August 8th, 2007, 15:13
not a skateboard game fanatic
i hope it progresss

IM back!
August 8th, 2007, 16:24
homebrew ownz!

Buddy4point0
August 8th, 2007, 18:00
very nice work hardhat. i love skate boarding, and skateboarding games. i cant wait for this one man. really i will deffinantly have this on my psp.

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 00:14
Nice job there guys,I won't say "I can't wait to try this" like others,because I really can wait,I won't kill myself or anything if I don't try this soon haha. I'm not trying to say is bad. ;)
Very nice work,and very original. I mean.. this is the first skating homebrew game for PSP ever.

jaws365
August 9th, 2007, 12:36
Yay! I dig skateboarding games ever since SKate Or Die on C64. Sure hope you'll be putting some fast hardcore punk music to it :)

Buddy4point0
August 9th, 2007, 15:38
yea what will you be doing for music? demention T does good music and you could ask him to make some for this game.

HardHat
August 9th, 2007, 15:53
That sounds good to me. Maybe I'll PM him. Hmmm...that's not the correct spelling of his name.

I've been looking for suitable creative commons music, but I can't say my teammates like any of the music that I've selected so far. Music is so personal that it's hard to please everyone.

I'd like to have 3 included songs, plus play music from your /psp/music folder.

tophead420
August 10th, 2007, 10:51
That sounds good to me. Maybe I'll PM him. Hmmm...that's not the correct spelling of his name.

I've been looking for suitable creative commons music, but I can't say my teammates like any of the music that I've selected so far. Music is so personal that it's hard to please everyone.

Could you also make it play music from ms0/MUSIC. Thats where I keep all of my music at on my psp. And also have sub folder support for both Music folders whether it be ms0:/MUSIC or ms0:/PSP/MUSIC. As far as music goes I would go Rock/Punk Rock. Thats the only kinda music to skate to. Everything else just makes for a unhappy day of skating. Well it does me anyways :p

HardHat
August 10th, 2007, 14:33
Do you have any creative commons licensed suggestions for music?

Buddy4point0
August 10th, 2007, 17:40

sorry, his name is. DimensionT.
some of his music you can check out on myspace at
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2158362
hes pretty good. be sure to pm him.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 10th, 2007, 21:20
wow, a 3d psp homebrew game! amazing, im gonna try it