PDA

View Full Version : problem with running large map

minli00
August 8th, 2007, 16:45
My psp-gps works fine with the regular size map(<400mb), locked the satellites in 2 min. It start frequently freeze or crash when I play with a 1gb map. Please help me to solve the problem, since I love the PSP-GPS & map this. BTW, I have V3.03 oe-c, psp-290,map this v0.499, map was download through GMDL 0.17. no umd, cpu-111hz. Thanks.

minli00
August 8th, 2007, 17:05
each time when I wake-up the psp to the MAP THIS from sleep mode, the psp will crash.

PDG
August 8th, 2007, 18:03
each time when I wake-up the psp to the MAP THIS from sleep mode, the psp will crash.

Seems like compability issues.
Try following My FAQ "see signature"
I use a PSP-290 + 1.4Gb maps on a 3.52 M33-2 PSP and i made my guides by following my own examople and extracting my own .prx files.

Downloading other .prx files may cause compability problems if you dont run the same FW version.
Therfore i always tell people to extraxt their own and thats why i made my guides. :)

Hope my guides works for you, keep us posted ;)

minli00
August 8th, 2007, 18:27
thanks for your answer. but I dont wanno upgrade to 3.52 m33 right now, since the compatible and stable problems. I am not saying the new fw is not good. I wanno stick with the V3.03oe-c, since it is compatible with the asian version game and I am a little bit lazy. I respect everybody's all the works have done with PSP.

Ol'Drunk
August 9th, 2007, 01:15
I can't get maps over 80megs in size to load, I must be doing something really wrong after read this.

deniska
August 9th, 2007, 01:45
make sure that CACHMAPINDEX=O in config.txt

If problem still persists, try to open a really small map first, then open a large one...

PDG
August 9th, 2007, 09:24
thanks for your answer. but I dont wanno upgrade to 3.52 m33 right now, since the compatible and stable problems. I am not saying the new fw is not good. I wanno stick with the V3.03oe-c, since it is compatible with the asian version game and I am a little bit lazy. I respect everybody's all the works have done with PSP.

No problems :)
What FW you use is entierly up to you, i havent noticed any capabilityerrors with 3.52 M33-2 and beleve me i have really tested it *Lol*

I have another PSP that my girlfriend uses at home and that one has 3.03 OE-C or A just because im to Lazy to flash hers *Lol*