PDA

View Full Version : FIFA '08 details surface, precision is key

Shrygue
August 8th, 2007, 21:42
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/08/08/fifa-08-details-surface-precision-is-key/)

If you've got to have your soccer on the go (or football, if you're anything but American), then you might want to reconsider FIFA '08 for the PSP. It's getting a pretty big overhaul in terms of gameplay, which to us means EA might actually care about this title more than we think. The PSP is gaining manual controls to create precision when it comes to through-passes and crosses as well as complete control over the goalie in one-on-one situations. If that's not enough, you can create your own strategy down to the location of every player on the field, assigning them different offensive or defensive tactics.

Manager mode has also been changed and a new mode, Quiz mode, has been added. The former now includes pre-season friendlies, a training option, and board expectations that change depending on your performance. Quiz mode is fairly obvious -- test your knowledge! Who knows, perhaps Quiz mode will include questions about each of the 30 featured leagues, 30 locations, or 12,500 recreated players. It sounds like EA is taking steps to dribble this title to success, so keep an eye on it!

Prasoc
August 8th, 2007, 21:58
sounds cool. i might buy it when it comes out because i have fifa 06 :(

Sterist
August 9th, 2007, 00:58
sounds cool. i might buy it when it comes out because i have fifa 06 :(

in other words, 2005 release.

why do they always name the games with the next year? lol

ill never get that

eugenemcardle
August 9th, 2007, 09:44
If you've got to have your soccer on the go (or football, if you're anything but American),

Aussies call football soccer as well 'cos they are wana be wanks er I mean yanks

Cokemusic
August 9th, 2007, 10:12
Not convinced to be honest.

Avenyet
August 12th, 2007, 12:20
in other words, 2005 release.

why do they always name the games with the next year? lol

ill never get that

becasue its for that football season so the game released in 2005 is the season from August 2005 to may/june 2006

it also because the football season is normally called by the following year so this season that started yesterday is season 08