PDA

View Full Version : Updating While in Firmware Question!

Gargeezy
August 9th, 2007, 10:08
i am running 1.50 firmware and i use devhook to emulate up to 3.02 some of the games i have require a higher firmware than that.

now heres the question.

the game has a option to update to the required firmware to play it. what would happen if i let it update?

would it update my main firmware or the emulated firmware. i dont wanna take any risks and ruin what i got going for me.

thanks so much

Axelius
August 9th, 2007, 10:37
DevHook is really oldschool. Today the use of Custom Firmware is the way to go.
For example 3.40OE by Dark Alex. It is basically a combination of good old 1.50 and Sony's 3.40. It gives you all the features of the newer firmwares, without losing be ability of playing homebrew.
And it's even safer than 1.50: If you mess with your flash0 on 1.50, you're screwed, on 3.40OE there is the recovery menu: If you're lucky you can recover from a semi-brick.

sourced
August 9th, 2007, 10:40
i am running 1.50 firmware and i use devhook to emulate up to 3.02 some of the games i have require a higher firmware than that.

now heres the question.

the game has a option to update to the required firmware to play it. what would happen if i let it update?

would it update my main firmware or the emulated firmware. i dont wanna take any risks and ruin what i got going for me.

thanks so much

ditch DevHook and go with custom firmware.

and the answer to your question, your psp will brick if you do that.

Gargeezy
August 9th, 2007, 21:09
thanks so much i am now running 3.40OE-A its amazing!!! but now i have a new problem i was using DGEN for 1.50 for my sega games it worked fine now ive been tryin to use it on 3.40OE-A and it wont work i downloaded several versions and updated the DGEN 1.60 to 1.70 but everytime i run it, it just says game could not start..

Shrygue
August 9th, 2007, 22:36
In recovery mode, set the kernel to 1.50 under Configuration/Game Folder Homebrew. You can access the recovery menu by holding the R sholder button while turning on your PSP (will not work if waking up from standby). You could also try instead making a folder called GAME150 in X:\PSP.

Gargeezy
August 9th, 2007, 22:49
your the ****ing man!!! thanks all you guys sooo much finally mine and my gfs psps are what we wanted them to be!!!