PDA

View Full Version : PSPTube: Watch YouTube on your PSP! [OUTDATED]

Pages : [1] 2 3

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 18:20
*OLD, DEPREICATED, OUT OF DATE. PLEASE USE THE NEWER VERSION HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181469)*

Via NekoMiMi (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?%CA%AA%C3%D6#a24210f3)

Ok guys,I was searching and reading forums around the web and I found this neat application.

This let's you play and watch the videos directly from the YouTube (http://youtube.com) website,you don't have to download and convert FLV files or anything.

Installation:

- Download and unzip the file attached here.
- Choose the folder corresponding to your PSP's firmware version.
Example:
* 100 for firmware 1.00, 150 for 1.50 and 200over for custom firmwares.
- Copy the PSPTube folder to the GAME3XX folder.
- Create an account here (http://youtube.com/dev).
- Open the psptube.cfg file with a Text Editor.
- Find the ev_id = "ABCDEFGHIJK" dev_id = "" text in the file and insert your account information there.
- Set your Game kernel mode to 352.
- Start the application from the main menu and select an internet connection with the O button.
*Note: It'll show as "No Videos",just press O to search for the videos.*
- Enjoy!

Controls:
Start Button - Play/Pause
O - Select/Enter
X - Go back to Results
L Trigger - Go to the Previous Results page
R Trigger - Go to the Next Results page
Select Button - Change Screen size

Watch video: here (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=15386267)

Note: a newer version of PSPTube [1-27-2009] is available here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=181469).

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSPTube_Watch_YouTube_on_your_PSP)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSPTube_Watch_YouTube_on_your_PSP

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
August 9th, 2007, 18:32
sounds very decent, lets hope theres a way of supporting Joox too :)

buildit92
August 9th, 2007, 18:43
$H!T YEA! i was waiting for this! This is awsome. I trying it out now!

Axelius
August 9th, 2007, 18:49
Does this really work? And do you have to set the kernel to 3.52? Cause I'm on 3.40OE

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 18:52
Does this really work? And do you have to set the kernel to 3.52? Cause I'm on 3.40OE

I can confirm that this works,I tested it and I'm uploading a video right now. And this is very fast too! I thought it would go in slow motion for being the PSP.
And if you're on 3.40 OE switch the Kernel to 340 of course.

buildit92
August 9th, 2007, 19:04
i dont understand how to do the devolper code and put it in. i have the code and i also have a youtube account. can someone please explain how to set up the .cfg for me bc im confused.

Squidman
August 9th, 2007, 19:07
can we use our youtube acct.? or do we have to make a different one, that's the only thing that confuses me about this

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 19:08
i dont understand how to do the devolper code and put it in. i have the code and i also have a youtube account. can someone please explain how to set up the .cfg for me bc im confused.

Open the Configuration[cfg] file with a Text Editor,like Notepad or Wordpad. Scroll down through all the text and words and you'll find somewhere that says dev_id="". Write your Developer ID between those "",save the changes and that's all. If your Developer ID doesn't work try one of these:
1- ugP3HnT7ruo
2- ysH_M2BJk8I

Good luck.

Like this:

YouTube‚“‰‚ŒŸ‚‚Žž‚•K—v‚‚‚‚‚B
; uMy Account‚Account SettingsvuDeveloper Profilev‚‚Ž“‚‚‚‚B
; uDeveloper ID:v‰E‚11Œ…‚•Žš‚ƒ_ƒuƒ‹ƒR[ƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚Š‡‚‚Đ’‚‚‚*
; ‚‚‚B
; —)dev_id = "ABCDEFGHIJ"
dev_id = "ugP3HnT7ruo"

can we use our youtube acct.? or do we have to make a different one, that's the only thing that confuses me about this

You need your normal YouTube account to create a Developers' one. But if you don't want to make a developers' just use one of mines.

Ari
August 9th, 2007, 19:11
On the line where it says dev_id = "" just put your dev code in between the quotes.

buildit92
August 9th, 2007, 19:12
yes!!!!! THANKS FOR THE HELP! ITS GOES NOREMAL SPEED TO!

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 19:17
kool. trying it now.

On The Rise
August 9th, 2007, 19:17
this is freaking sweet and its only a alpha
f you don't want some choppyness of the video... you could pause it by pressing START... then wait a little while then press START again to play... then when the video start to lag... then press START again... do it this way so that you won't experience choppyness... but you will pause a lot...

to help the system... reduce the size of the video... don't play it full screen... press select to view it on original video size... i think 320x240... i guess... it will reduce some choppyness... then use the start method again...

L shoulder for previous search result page... then R shoulder for next search result...

button x to go back to result page when playing video... button o is the select keys...

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 19:18
@On the Rise:
Wow thanks for the control system! I'm gonna add that to the Main Thread.

This is the video I made of this in action for those unbelievers.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=15386267

buildit92
August 9th, 2007, 19:18
founds something! use L and R triggers to switch search pages!

Squidman
August 9th, 2007, 19:22
oh thanks Paul, i got it working

but the screen is really messed up on the bottom for some reason...

ICE
August 9th, 2007, 19:32
mine just freezes at the screen that says no video

EDIT: nevermind fixed it :D

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 19:33
k i have a problem: my firmware is 3.52 M33-2 just to let you know

i have the psptube for 200&over in GAME352 like u said to put it in. my game folder kernel is 3.52. okay, now i start up psptube and it shows a black screen with names of a few routers. i press X the first time and it says connecting and then my psp shuts off. then second time i try it. i press O on my router instead and it says connecting... done! and then it says searching for thread or something like that. then it shuts off there. HELP PLEASE!

1st time: i press X and it doesnt connect.
2nd time: i press O and it connects then it freezes right after
3rd time: i started up psptube and left it on the first screen it comes up for a few seconds. and it freezes when i didnt even do anything.
4th time: same thing as 3rd..

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 19:37
mine just freezes at the screen that says no video

Weird. You must put it in the 3XXfolder,need to have Kernel mode to 3XX,CPU Speed to 333,and try disabling any plug-in.

k i have a problem: my firmware is 3.52 M33-2 just to let you know

i have the psptube for 200&over in GAME352 like u said to put it in. my game folder kernel is 3.52. okay, now i start up psptube and it shows a black screen with names of a few routers. i press X the first time and it says connecting and then my psp shuts off. then second time i try it. i press O on my router instead and it says connecting... done! and then it says searching for thread or something like that. then it shuts off there. HELP PLEASE!

Weird too. Try that I just said,disable plug-ins already enabled and set the CPU Speed to 333mhz and report back.

ICE
August 9th, 2007, 19:41
yeah i got it all sorted out. anywho this is CRAZY!! VERY nice work and thanks!

xg917
thanx darth. now i can enter text to search i guess :D

Gabba Gandalf
WOOOOT great man this is so freakin awsome
but a little bit difficulty
1. create a youtube account
2. go to this site http://youtube.com/dev
3. on the right site there is a small text with an link

Get Started with YouTube APIs

If you haven't already, create a YouTube account and fill out your Developer Profile
4. here is the link http://youtube.com/my_profile_dev
5. wrote something in the box and click on submit
6. now above the big box theres a number copy it and paste it in the psptube.cfg
7. go to that lines

[YouTube]
; YouTube̊J*pIDݒ肵܂B
; YouTube̓鎞ɕKvȂ̂łB
; uMy AccountAccount SettingsvuDeveloper ProfilevɂĎ擾ł܂B
; uDeveloper ID:vE11̕_uR[e[VŊĐݒ肵Ă*
; B
; )dev_id = "Here you have to paste the number""
dev_id = "Here you have to paste the number"

8. save it and transfer it to your psp game352 folder
9. set the homebrew kernel to 352 and start it
10. in the menu you have to use O to click

myschoo
August 9th, 2007, 19:44
how can you have 3.52 kernel together with GAME352 folder?? doesnt make sense

GAME folder Kernel 1.50: Folders GAME and GAME352

GAME folder Kernel 3.52: Folders GAME and GAME150

anyway its cool!! and works pretty fast aswell!! nicee

Codaz
August 9th, 2007, 19:47
It's only working with WEP protection or also WPA ?

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 19:48
definately worth it :D im watching to 10 family guy moments now. lol. great POC!! glad to kno this can be done. many people had doubts.

acn010
August 9th, 2007, 19:58
now thats crazy XD

buildit92
August 9th, 2007, 20:06
I found two fetures. use L and R triggers to change search pages. and hold select to change screen size.

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 20:15
u dont have to hold select. just press it and screen size will change. there are a lot of sizes..

Codaz
August 9th, 2007, 20:28
Only works on WEP protection for now.

I found a new workaround for videos that won't load.

If it says:

Buffering.0
Video:0%
Audio:0% Error: could not retrieve source

http://cache.google.com/....

Then press X and try a few times more on that video it will work.

The program isn't very stable so needs a lot of work.

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 20:31
i got the video google message thing on one video. i was like wtf?

devdj
August 9th, 2007, 20:43
it takes roughly about 1 min and a half for a minute video of a drano bomb but at least it works and is way better that swf player mod thing that came out there yesterday

BrooksyX
August 9th, 2007, 20:53
This is a really sweet program.

Hopefully someone can make it into a prx so we can replace one of the icons in the network xmb with this.

Codaz
August 9th, 2007, 20:56
i got the video google message thing on one video. i was like wtf?

Press X to go to back to search results and try again a few times more onto the same video, it will start working.

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2007, 20:59
Crap my router never works with homebrew that goes online :P

tyranos
August 9th, 2007, 21:07
somehow it doesnt work on my 3.03

the 1.50 version cashes after showing no videos
and i tried with both kernel mode and every gameXXX
folder

Buddy4point0
August 9th, 2007, 21:16
sweet! i will deffinantly be using this! mabey someone could use this and make it as a plugin to stream video on the psp web browser! that would be awseome!!
i cant wait to try this.

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 21:19
-disable all plugins
-use game folder and set kernel to 3.03
-once u get to no videos press O and you should be able to type in your search then.

hope this helps

acn010
August 9th, 2007, 21:28
sweet... i give a 5 out of 5

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2007, 21:29
lol nvm I updated to 3.52 m33 and it works

scarph
August 9th, 2007, 21:34
darth paul what kind of video is the one you put on page 2. for some reason firefox wont show me it. says i need to d/l a plugin, but then doesnt tell me which

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 21:39
It's a Flash video of the application in action.. it's from MySpace. I can't see that neither,lol. I need a plugin too! And I don't know which one..
Well but you can watch the video in the Page 1,main thread where it says "Watch video: here".
Or watch it ->here (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=15386267)<-

pspdude0519
August 9th, 2007, 21:40
do u need to have the m33 firmware because when i try to load the prog. on my OE firmware, (I have 3.40) it freezes up and turns itself off.

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 21:46
do u need to have the m33 firmware because when i try to load the prog. on my OE firmware, (I have 3.40) it freezes up and turns itself off.

Read well the instructions in the first page. Make sure you have the Kernel mode setup to 340kernel,it must go into the GAME340 folder,if you have any plugin enabled,disable it,and/or switch your CPU Speed to 333.

Zero1992
August 9th, 2007, 21:47
Hey ive done the dev id now it says starting searchthread...
Is this meant to take long?
and if so does it take this long always?

pspdude0519
August 9th, 2007, 21:51
ok, it finally shows the keyboard but now when i enter something to watch, it gives the name of wat i typed and no video right next to it. am i doing something wrong?

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2007, 21:54
Wow it loads huge vids I just played an 88 min video

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 21:54
Hey ive done the dev id now it says starting searchthread...
Is this meant to take long?
and if so does it take this long always?

Hm.. I don't understand what you're trying to say..but it's not supposed to take long though.

ok, it finally shows the keyboard but now when i enter something to watch, it gives the name of wat i typed and no video right next to it. am i doing something wrong?

If you mean that the Results ain't showing any Thumbnails for the videos,that's normal. The page doesn't look exactly like Youtube,but it is.

pspdude0519
August 9th, 2007, 21:59
no, sorry i didn't write that too well but i mean i enter something into the search box and instead of giving results, it is just telling me that there are no videos and sends me back to the keyboard. how exactly am i supposed to search for vids

DarthPaul
August 9th, 2007, 22:01
no, sorry i didn't write that too well but i mean i enter something into the search box and instead of giving results, it is just telling me that there are no videos and sends me back to the keyboard. how exactly am i supposed to search for vids

Huh..? What if the video really doesn't have any results at all? Did you try searching for something else?

pspdude0519
August 9th, 2007, 22:04
i tried family guy, karate, PSP and still no results. am i supposed to replace the dev_id: "ABCDEF" etc as well as the dev_id "" with my own dev id?

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 22:05

when it says no videos you have to press O. then type in what u want then press start twice and you should see results.

i tried family guy, karate, PSP and still no results. am i supposed to replace the dev_id: "ABCDEF" etc as well as the dev_id "" with my own dev id?

only the second dev_id "" <- put your ID in between the 2 quotation marks

Zero1992
August 9th, 2007, 22:24
[QUOTE=DarthPaul;489634]Hm.. I don't understand what you're trying to say..but it's not supposed to take long though.

It just says Starting SearchThread...
and doesnt do anything its still loading!!

pspdude0519
August 9th, 2007, 22:45
still is not working for me. i don't kno wat to do now. maybe its the OE firmware. Thanks for the help tho.

Zero1992
August 9th, 2007, 22:52
Still isnt working for me maybe someone can upload there PSPtube folder that works

acn010
August 9th, 2007, 22:54
cant get it to work

ICE
August 9th, 2007, 22:56
why dont videos from google load?

Gizmo356
August 9th, 2007, 23:17
When a video fails go back to the video selection page and seclect the same video and it will load.

Mr.Denny
August 9th, 2007, 23:20
I don't get it

This is what I have for my dev id

[YouTube]
YouTube‚“‰‚ŒŸ‚‚Žž‚•K—v‚‚‚‚‚B ; uMy Account‚Account SettingsvuDeveloper Profilev‚‚Ž“‚‚‚‚B ; uDeveloper ID:v‰E‚11Œ…‚•Žš‚ƒ_ƒuƒ‹ƒR[ƒe[ƒVƒ‡ƒ“‚Š‡‚‚Đ’‚‚‚* ; ‚‚‚B ; —)dev_id = "ABCDEFGHIJ" dev_id = "ugP3HnT7ruo"

It says my dev id is wrong

:(

Any help?

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 23:25
try making a new one then?

Mr.Denny
August 9th, 2007, 23:30
My apologies, it's working. :)

Zero1992
August 9th, 2007, 23:31
Can anyone help me plz

After i Select My Connection
it stays like that without any progress:
Connecting to Network.................Connected
Starting SearchThread...

Thats its my Dev Id is 7_F2rt2qys8 if it helps

hmong
August 10th, 2007, 00:15
Can anyone help me plz

After i Select My Connection
it stays like that without any progress:
Connecting to Network.................Connected
Starting SearchThread...

Thats its my Dev Id is 7_F2rt2qys8 if it helps
do you have id dev "ABCDEFGHIJK" replaced w/ ur ID and the next one with the "" w/ ur ID.

Anyways, most video dont work 4 me... it says
Video 0%
Audio 0% (flashes a quick not available or something)
then its like http://cache.googlevideo....
and it just lags

But its still pretty cool cuz i got some Family Guy clips to work!
Thanks! Peace Out!

xg917
August 10th, 2007, 00:23
u arent supposed to replace the id dev "ABCDEFGHIJK" ...... only the second dev id ""

carlitx
August 10th, 2007, 00:57
nice find man this is big!

ICE
August 10th, 2007, 01:00
for the videos by google that wont load just hit X after a few seconds and then go back into the video and it will load perfect.

cloud.x
August 10th, 2007, 01:04
damn it... i cant get this to work...
it always says network failed!:(
even if i disable wpa or wep....anyone has an idea?

Zero1992
August 10th, 2007, 01:11
do you have id dev "ABCDEFGHIJK" replaced w/ ur ID and the next one with the "" w/ ur ID.

Anyways, most video dont work 4 me... it says
Video 0%
Audio 0% (flashes a quick not available or something)
then its like http://cache.googlevideo....
and it just lags

But its still pretty cool cuz i got some Family Guy clips to work!
Thanks! Peace Out!

I tryed that but still didnt work
:mad:
Ive got 3.52M33,i did switch to 3.52 kernel

xg917
August 10th, 2007, 01:20
that doesnt work for me neither..

ball3r90
August 10th, 2007, 01:33
Does this work with WEP only, because my router doesnt need to enter thet WEP key, its just connect to it....
HELP..

because i keep getting the connecting failed thing..:(

XM312
August 10th, 2007, 01:35
Anyone else having this problem?

After it gets to "initializing network...done" it goes to
"There is no network setting. You have to set it."

I have a network setting and it's WEP (if that matters) anyone know what's wrong?
The translation of the release was horrible and even though it stated the problem, I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

NovaKane
August 10th, 2007, 01:38
This is one hell of an app for the PSP. I'm really lovin' this.

My only thing with this is that the videos are really out of sync for some reason.

Is there any difference when you wait for the whole video/audio to load?

ball3r90
August 10th, 2007, 01:45
God, mine keeps saying,

Initiilizing network...failed.
error code: 80030021 or something like that,

help?

XM312
August 10th, 2007, 01:57
God, mine keeps saying,

Initiilizing network...failed.
error code: 80030021 or something like that,

help?

Fixed that by putting it in the GAME352 folder.
Now I'm on "no network setting" :(

ball3r90
August 10th, 2007, 02:15
im running 3.03 OE-C, and it got that error, but now im waiting, and gonna update to 3.40 OE, waiting for battery to go to 75%...

jaguarb2000
August 10th, 2007, 02:48
Cant get it to work :( i get to where it says No video but when i press "O" nothing happens and then my psp crashes and turns off:confused: i have 3.51 M33-7 firmware by the way and disabled my plugins and have it runnnig at 333 speed but still wont work. :confused:

XM312
August 10th, 2007, 02:58
For anyone else stuck where I was, it was fixed by just creating a fake network config.

Maybe it was just my SSID or something.

lalalabomba
August 10th, 2007, 03:39
i dont see a sumtin that sais kernel #

Zombo
August 10th, 2007, 03:44
Sorry for sounding like a noob but I really haven't a clue on how to start a video! >_>
Am I supposed to hold start, or wait for it to load on it's own? :\

xg917
August 10th, 2007, 03:54
u have to press O on the video u wana watch..

Zombo
August 10th, 2007, 03:58
Are you talking about for when it buffers,because that's what im talking about. :\

xg917
August 10th, 2007, 04:02
o its supposed to buffer. and the percentage of audio and video go up to around 7-9% then the video starts itself

jaguarb2000
August 10th, 2007, 04:09
Ok..so i updated to m33 3.52 and i didn't have a "GAME352" folder so i created one and then i set the psp to run on 3.52 kernel but when i select the psptube program it says "game could not be started". Yet when i run it on 1.50 kernel it runs fine and gets me up to the point where it says no video but then crashes:confused: anyone know what's wrong?

Edit: never mind got it working finally :)

Zombo
August 10th, 2007, 04:11
Wow I feel so dumb,really it's so simple, but thanks!

saocore
August 10th, 2007, 04:16
This is awesome, works like a charm, just a little slow when buffering but I guess its caused by my connection

just one question... what do i need to have at 333, the xmb? or the iso/umd? or both?

gunntims0103
August 10th, 2007, 04:26
this is awesome. If veoh was supported i would pass out :D

pkmaximum
August 10th, 2007, 05:24
Oh wow this is really really great, I can't wait to see another release! This has been something I have been waiting for, for an extremely long time =)

Iceman^2
August 10th, 2007, 06:29
This is simply amazing! I can't wait until an improved version is released because the only problem is the fact that I can't charge my batteries and watch videos at the same time. Another great reason to have homebrew!

UD1121
August 10th, 2007, 06:45
no matter what i search for i get "no video"

silentedge
August 10th, 2007, 08:19
Hey.. OMG, thanks
worked on the first try for me
i have to say... it had preety good quality...

i made a video of it..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nozZ7-Umvb0

mind to comment?
lol

again
thanks dude!!!:thumbup: :eek: :cool: :D :)

~Tommy
August 10th, 2007, 08:46
where can i change my kernal to 352? i can only see 340 and 150
i figured how to do that..
now it says starting searchthread...
and freezes

hatrix
August 10th, 2007, 08:50
I am also having the "No Video" problem for no matter what search I make : /

Ranmax09
August 10th, 2007, 09:01
where can i change my kernal to 352? i can only see 340 and 150
i figured how to do that..
now it says starting searchthread...
and freezes

You're not on firmware 3.52 that's why you don't see it. Since you're on firmware 3.40, leave the kernal 3.40.

I am also having the "No Video" problem for no matter what search I make : /

Just wait a minute or 2. It takes a while for it to search and load up depending how fast your internet is.

kjetil1991
August 10th, 2007, 09:35
help! i just get a no video screen nothing more

nikephreak111
August 10th, 2007, 09:37
ok im totally new to this whole psp modding thing...soooo what's a kernel and how do i change it?...annnndddd how do i make a game3xx folder and where do i put it?...please helpp!!...thanks in advance!

Ranmax09
August 10th, 2007, 09:43
ok im totally new to this whole psp modding thing...soooo what's a kernel and how do i change it?...annnndddd how do i make a game3xx folder and where do i put it?...please helpp!!...thanks in advance!

What firmware are you on? and to change kernel, you need to hold R and turn your PSP and it'll take you to the recovery menu. Choose configuration and look for the Kernel option.

nikephreak111
August 10th, 2007, 09:53
i have 3.52 and did you say to hold down R and turn the psp ON?...because i did that and it just turned on normally.

sourced
August 10th, 2007, 09:55
wow, this is cool. it even runs at normal speed :O

kjetil1991
August 10th, 2007, 10:00
nikephreak you got sonys firmware or what? sorry to hear that because custom fimrware got recovery =(

nikephreak111
August 10th, 2007, 10:03
yeah i download it on the psp where it says update....do i have to do that lumines thing to like make it homebrewed or w/e? sorry im like totally new to this....=/

kjetil1991
August 10th, 2007, 10:26
sorry but you cant run homebrew =(

blackrave
August 10th, 2007, 10:27
You can't do the Lumines thing, because it's only for firmwares 3.50 and down. There's no way at the moment for you to run this or any other homebrew. Wait for a downgrader, which may be released in the future sometime, or for SONY to implement official homebrew support (or YouTube support, for that matter).

Anyway, fantastic application. I will definitely use this a lot, and regularly check for updates on it.

siulmagic
August 10th, 2007, 10:28
this works like a charm im loving it

nikephreak111
August 10th, 2007, 10:42
damnittt that sucks...o well....thanks for your help...but if they do implement an new homebrew for newer firmwares would they still be based off that lumines mod?....or would it most likely have something different?

SoQb0nc5r
August 10th, 2007, 10:44
same problem as ~Tommy and Zero1992

i have 3.51 m33-3 and placed the folder in GAME351 which kernel 3.51 selected.

It runs but keeps loading at starting searchthread, green light is continously on, i have seen it should go through it instantly if it works.

kjetil1991
August 10th, 2007, 10:46
could someone upload their gfc file i dont get it does not work=(

nikephreak111
August 10th, 2007, 10:50
wait nvm i have version 3.51 not 3.52 for firmware...but i still cant downgrade can i?...DAMNIT!!!

w4aqar
August 10th, 2007, 11:36
ok for the people who cannot get it to work try putting the 2.0 folder in the psp not the 1.50

offbow
August 10th, 2007, 11:44
thank works 100%

SoQb0nc5r
August 10th, 2007, 11:51
I did use the 200over folder....

DarthPaul
August 10th, 2007, 12:52
Wow I was reading and a lot of people said "I just get a "No Video" screen" ... all you have to do is press O when that screen shows up.

SoQb0nc5r
August 10th, 2007, 13:06
any1 has 3.51m33 or 3.52m33 and running this?

M-Lin
August 10th, 2007, 13:42
Just a quick note - I have the 2+ version in GAME352 with my GAME kernal set at 1.50 and it runs perfectly.

damn fine work - especially for an alpha - can't see it getting much better!

deceiver117
August 10th, 2007, 14:08
i have m33 3.52-2 fw, and it works practically perfect

there are only a few bugs. one being that it doesnt work on my wpa encrypted access point at home, but here at my job where its open(mac filtering), it connects fine. second bug is that at 222 or even 333mhz the videos that i play go out of sync. meaning that the video plays faster than the sound after a few seconds of playing. i remedied this by jus pressing select and making the video take up the whole screen. which makes the video display some tearing(frame skipping) as for now, no biggie. but definitely a very nice app, props to the author/s!

SoQb0nc5r
August 10th, 2007, 14:17
Just a quick note - I have the 2+ version in GAME352 with my GAME kernal set at 1.50 and it runs perfectly.

I previously had 3.52 kernel selected, now selected 1.50, but still same prob, after Network connects, it says Starting SearchThread and remains there. The psp is not stuck, i can go to xmb and it responds.

The development team, please look into this and try to fix it before the next update, ty v much. Good work.

M-Lin
August 10th, 2007, 14:21
I previously had 3.52 kernel selected, now selected 1.50, but still same prob, after Network connects, it says Starting SearchThread and remains there. The psp is not stuck, i can go to xmb and it responds.

The development team, please look into this and try to fix it before the next update, ty v much. Good work.

Are you sure it's not just slow for you? it runs slower for me than what I've been reading - but when it gets there the video is perfect

SoQb0nc5r
August 10th, 2007, 14:45
Are you sure it's not just slow for you? it runs slower for me than what I've been reading - but when it gets there the video is perfect

well i waited for 5 mins each time, then the green light was off, so i went to xmb..

djlenny51
August 10th, 2007, 15:50
thank u for this app its a great, although the vid i was watching froze and sent me to the apps menu.

Hiryu
August 10th, 2007, 16:27
My only problem with it is it takes videos form google video, not necessarily youtube.

Otherwise, it works great.

Many props to the developer. Runs great for an alpha version!

---------- Edit

Scratch that. I thought google didn't integrate their own databases with youtube too well (seeing as some videos failed). I was wrong, whatever =p

pkmaximum
August 10th, 2007, 16:48
I'm looking forward to another release, because sadly the audio and video syncing to me is the only "major" problem. Because I do want my audio to stay in sync when I'm watching the video, but in my eyes this fix shouldn't be too far, its just a matter of keeping the 2 in sync through some means of speed? Who knows does anyone have news on the next release?

ALTIMITHacker
August 10th, 2007, 17:17
Another release would be nice. This one did tend to have a few problems, though don't get me wrong, its a nice piece of homebrew. I just didn't find waiting at the gray screen for a few minutes nice. I'm sure that if you fix up some sort of interface that informs the user that something is loading, that would help. At first, I was sitting there thinking I did something wrong, lol. Anyway, some tweaking would do this program some good, thats all.

xg917
August 10th, 2007, 17:27
i saw a picture of his psp with thumbnails of the video. thats really importante to me ^_^

be on the look out for another release

ThumbsUp
August 10th, 2007, 19:13
ok so im kinda noob to this psp stuff and this site but how do i change my kernel? i read some of the earlier posts and some guy sayd "you have to hold R and turn your psp" turn on or off?

pspmaster353
August 10th, 2007, 19:19
I got to where it said pick a connection and I chose mine, the it said accuring network.. connected and now its stuck on starting search thread. Its been liek that for 10 mins.

EDIT: NVM got it.

basicPSP
August 10th, 2007, 19:53
:eek: Help Please :eek:

I've installed it onto my PSP fine.
I run the app, and the following screen appears:

White text on Black

PSP Tube verison Aug 5 2007 alpha - SofiyaCat
Loading config file...done
Initializing network... done

1: home
2: work

I select 1:home and hit circle (o)

Connecting Network .............failed

It does this over and over. When I check using the internet browser my wifi connection is 100%.
So why does this do this?
Does it have anything to do with my security being WPA-PSK (TKIP) ?

Thanks in advanced guys.

miquonranger03
August 10th, 2007, 20:08
damn it... i cant get this to work...
it always says network failed!:(
even if i disable wpa or wep....anyone has an idea?
Probably already answered, but if you have 3.51 M33, download a fix for the Wifi at dl.qj.net.

miquonranger03
August 10th, 2007, 20:08

White text on Black

It does this over and over. When I check using the internet browser my wifi connection is 100%.

Thanks in advanced guys.
Same thing.

miquonranger03
August 10th, 2007, 20:20
When I get to the connections, I pick one, hit circle, it connects, I see "no video", but when I hit circle, nothing happens, and the PSP is frozen. What should i do?

silentedge
August 10th, 2007, 20:32
idk why so many people are having so many problems with this...
it worked for me on the first try
plus, im using devhook to emulate 1.5
hahah
lmao

also, if you're having problems with the connection, go to "Settings" on your psp, and go to network config...
and press X on infrastucture, and put in the info of your wireless settings

if ur having a grey screen.. idk
lol

just let it load for some time..

basicPSP
August 10th, 2007, 20:47

White text on Black

Thanks in advanced guys.

I'm using DA FW 3.40 OE.
PspRadio works fine. Browser works fine.
So Im a bit lost.
I set this up on my friends PSP. Exact same setup as mine. On my work network and worked fine.

HELP!!!!!!

blackrave
August 10th, 2007, 20:53
I'm using DA FW 3.40 OE.
PspRadio works fine. Browser works fine.
So Im a bit lost.
I set this up on my friends PSP. Exact same setup as mine. On my work network and worked fine.

HELP!!!!!!

If it works just fine on your friend's PSP with the exact same settings and environment, then try to reformat flash1 on your PSP using the flash1 formatter, or reinstall the/another firmare.

[...]

The reason is probably that your router has WPA-PSK (TKIP) encryption, yes. But are you running the 200 version which runs at 3.xx kernel and lies in GAME?

stracer159
August 10th, 2007, 21:06
Mine seems to be workin fine , but when I come across a certain file it gives me this video.google.com crap

basicPSP
August 10th, 2007, 21:10
I have the PSPTube in I:\PSP\GAME340
I installed both mine and my mates PSPs onto FW3.40 OE.
So Im left to think that its WPA-PSK (TKIP) encryption messing things up for me. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I cant change the wifi encryption method though. SO any changes on the PSP end that will amend this issue?

Thanks guys

homy
August 11th, 2007, 00:53
I'm new here, so help me guys.

As I understand, in order to have this software to work on my psp I have to have a custom firmware (I cannot just copy the software onto my brand new psp?)?
If so which firmware is the best one?

Thanks,

Broadus
August 11th, 2007, 01:01
Homy, if you just bought a brand-new PSP you'll need to look into firmware downgrading first.

PSPtube used to work for me, now it stops at "Starting SearchThread...", which normally appears an instant before PSPtube gets to the "No Videos" section.
The PSP doesn't freeze, because I can still go straight to the XMB via the Home button, but PSPtube will stop functioning once I select an Internet connection. Then it just says "Starting SearchThread..."
I've seen someone else with this exact-same problem and he never got an answer.

fox1202
August 11th, 2007, 01:18
i got it in my psp but when i go to look for a video so link comes up at the bottom and the video dont start i need help with that

miquonranger03
August 11th, 2007, 02:58
Wow I was reading and a lot of people said "I just get a "No Video" screen" ... all you have to do is press O when that screen shows up.

When that was happening, it was always in conjunction with the PSP freezing, so that was impossible...me trying to press the circle button was how i found that out. Actually, the solution seems to be if you have 3.51 m33, keep the kernel at 3.51 and rename game150 to game351. that's what worked for me, anyway.

mfz64
August 11th, 2007, 03:39
One of the best apps ever made....

Broadus
August 11th, 2007, 03:49
PSPtube used to work for me, now it stops at "Starting SearchThread...", which normally appears an instant before PSPtube gets to the "No Videos" section.
The PSP doesn't freeze, because I can still go straight to the XMB via the Home button, but PSPtube will stop functioning once I select an Internet connection. Then it just says "Starting SearchThread..."
I've seen someone else with this exact-same problem and he never got an answer.

dragonslayere
August 11th, 2007, 04:29
same here i even updated to 3.52 m33.

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 04:51
works for me.. i have 3.52 M33-2 and it works..

deven987
August 11th, 2007, 05:54
how do i change the game kernel mode?

xg917
August 11th, 2007, 06:17
do you have custom firmware? if so

go to recovery menu -> configurations -> select gamefolder homebrew to switch the kernels

fo0ob
August 11th, 2007, 06:24
okay im running 3.03 OE right, and i put the psptube 150 folder in "game" while running 1.50 kernel. go to xmb, starts up and i connect, but it goes to "no video", freezes, and quits back to xmb. tried all kinds of combinations , what freaking psptube folder am i supose to put in which game folder running on which game kernel?

Broadus
August 11th, 2007, 06:26
Deven, you fully shut off the PSP, then hold R and start up the PSP whilst holding R the entire time. Then go to Configuration, and you'll see something that says Game Kernel Mode or something like that. Pressing X switches it between 1.50 and whatever your custom firmware is.
You don't have to change the kernel, you can just make a GAME3## folder (## being the last two numbers of the firmware) and stick the file in there, though you'll have to rename the game folder every time you get a custom firmware update.

Fooob, you have to use the "200over" version and put it in either a GAME folder with a 3.03 kernel or a GAME303 folder. The 100 and 150 versions don't work on custom firmwares.

So what about the "Starting SearchThread..." problem? I'm not the only one who has it. PSPtube used to work perfectly, and now it won't work on either of my PSPs.

fo0ob
August 11th, 2007, 06:44
Broatus i did what you said, switched to 303 kernel and used the 200 over folder first in GAME, then in GAME303. both times it got past the gameboot, but then said "game could not be started". at least when i was on 150 kernel running the 150 version it actually started up and connected, what am i doing wrong?

deven987
August 11th, 2007, 06:46
im totally new to this stuff and i like know nothing

thebuddybud
August 11th, 2007, 08:45
Help, I freeze at the part where it lists which network setting you want to choose. It lists my choices, but i cant go up or down, it just freezes and shuts off

Gizmo356
August 11th, 2007, 08:48
turn all your plugins off.

thebuddybud
August 11th, 2007, 08:53
thank you so much for fast reply, it worked!

Gizmo356
August 11th, 2007, 09:22
np have fun.

I hope my hentai sites work on this one day.....lol :P

tyranos
August 11th, 2007, 13:09
i have the same prolem as foob , i think i will try devhook and emulate 1.50

michealscofieldwm
August 11th, 2007, 13:37
i'm having problems. everything works fine till i start searching for videos. whatever i search for, it tells me no videos and a few seconds later, the text entry thing pops up.

blackrave
August 11th, 2007, 13:41
i'm having problems. everything works fine till i start searching for videos. whatever i search for, it tells me no videos and a few seconds later, the text entry thing pops up.

The same thing happens if I use a connection with static IP. If you are, try using DHCP instead.

pspbeg27
August 11th, 2007, 16:39
ei what about the kernel thing? im now curently runing firmware 3.52.. thx guys

Gizmo356
August 11th, 2007, 17:02
Put the kernal to 3.52 and put PSPTUBE in the game352 folder

blackrave
August 11th, 2007, 18:38
If you put the 3.xx kernel version in the GAME352 folder, the kernel for the GAME folder has nothing to say at all! If you, however, put the 3.xx version in the GAME folder, then that folder MUST be set to 3.xx kernel, and not 1.50.

The same thing goes for 1.50 kernel homebrew. If the GAME folder is set to 1.50 kernel, then all 1.50 kernel homebrew goes there, or in GAME150 (it can go there no matter what kernel the GAME folder is set to, just like GAME352 for 3.xx kernel homebrew).

Gizmo356
August 11th, 2007, 18:59
It only works for me the way I just said to do it just like remote joy.

Mazu
August 11th, 2007, 20:49
Whats with the "Failed to open source" that flashes for a second then lists a URL? Sometimes that very same video will load and then it wont sometimes.

Mazu
August 11th, 2007, 21:44
Sorry, another question... Why does switching my kernal get rid of my wallpaper and set it to a black background? Also, when i set my wallpaper again it returns me to 1.50 kernal. Can i just make a 3.40 game folder and place this in there and not worry about the kernal like mentioned above? my firmware is 3.40 OE

ICE
August 11th, 2007, 22:50
it worked yesterday but now it just stops at starting search thread.

blackrave
August 11th, 2007, 23:16
Sorry, another question... Why does switching my kernal get rid of my wallpaper and set it to a black background? Also, when i set my wallpaper again it returns me to 1.50 kernal. Can i just make a 3.40 game folder and place this in there and not worry about the kernal like mentioned above? my firmware is 3.40 OE

Yes, make a folder named GAME340 and put it in there.

ICE
August 11th, 2007, 23:18
So what about the "Starting SearchThread..." problem? I'm not the only one who has it. PSPtube used to work perfectly, and now it won't work on either of my PSPs.No i have the same issue.

EDIT: Restart your router. that fixed mine.

Greg_Alexander
August 11th, 2007, 23:55
Now we just need a PornoTube version... :D :D

Ranmax09
August 12th, 2007, 02:46
New version released! 2007-08-12

Hello.

I updated new version.
but I am check 1.0 FW and 1.5FW only. very sorry.

-button swap :)
-fixed some bugs.
-favorite folder(video download)
-maybe thumbnail work...(you have to set to 1 at psptube.cfg)

thank you.

These are the fixes and I've tested:
-Google error
-Thumbnail

To use the video download feature, press /\ (triangle) on the video that you want to download and save. When it's done downloading, press select to go to your favorites and play the video.

If this doesn't work for you, create a folder in PSPTube and name it "favorite" without the quotes :)

Click here to download! (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/dev/PSPTube/PSPTube20070812.zip)

ss123
August 12th, 2007, 03:21
Does it work with regular psp versions or only homebrew?

Ranmax09
August 12th, 2007, 03:21
Only homebrew.

ss123
August 12th, 2007, 03:25
soo is there a downgrader for 3.50 without using lumines?

xg917
August 12th, 2007, 03:28
no, go get lumines.

phlex
August 12th, 2007, 03:54
everthing works until i go to choose a conection and it says falied and then goes to home again :( how do ifix this?

xg917
August 12th, 2007, 03:56
did u add your dev id in the cfg file? maybe you have a week connection with your router. that happened to me when i was downloading something on my computer. then the download finished and i was able to go on PSPtube on my psp

pkmaximum
August 12th, 2007, 05:35
Just wanted to thank the coder behind this again, and how much I love this application, honestly great work, and love the thumbnail support =) I just think a little more tweaking has to be done to keep the audio and video in perfect sync because to me that is the only problem, other than that this is a flawless application, and it would be nice to see this script work on other things too such as veoh, dailymotion, stormberry, anime eden, and things like that. But honestly great work I love this application sooo much =)

dragonslayere
August 12th, 2007, 05:36
No i have the same issue.

fixed mine too

phlex
August 12th, 2007, 06:50
The router strength was at 100% and the dev i.d is in the text document :(

Buddy4point0
August 12th, 2007, 06:52
okk after you make a developer profile where does it say your dev id?
dit: k im an iddiot, found it. lol

Broadus
August 12th, 2007, 07:16
No i have the same issue.

It didn't fix mine.

dragonslayere
August 12th, 2007, 07:23
reset it to default....

Buddy4point0
August 12th, 2007, 07:28
i put in my dev id and all, but when i try to watch a movie it just stays at 0% buffered for aduio and video then after a while my psp shuts off.

mace89
August 12th, 2007, 09:26
im new i have sony firmware 3.50 can i use this without luminess or can i use custom firmware without luminess.

Buddy4point0
August 12th, 2007, 09:35
im new i have sony firmware 3.50 can i use this without luminess or can i use custom firmware without luminess.

no and no. you need a unpatched lumines game to change to a custom firmware. from a custom firmware you can play all homebrew, but from offical you cant play any. DO NOT UPGRADE to 3.51 or 3.52. go out and get lumines, then switch to custom firmware 3.52 m33.

bollyjack
August 12th, 2007, 20:48
I installed the program and everything, i select the video that i want to play............

but, all it does it buffers???
Video 0%
Audeo 0%

But, for a split second, when it started buffering, right next to Audio 0%, it says "failed, cannot open source"

anybody catch that or is it just me?

psman
August 13th, 2007, 06:44
ok so i get to the point where i can start typeing in words when i type in anything i get no video with anything i enter. can anyone tell me how to use this awsome program so search results show

lilcrazyaznboy
August 13th, 2007, 11:25
Thanks DarthPaul for sharing.. This lil application works great on psp 3.40OE-A..

blackrave
August 13th, 2007, 11:40
See, this is why I suggested that you rename the threads to include dates so it's easy to see which one of them is newer. Now people are confused and will bump this obsolete version.

basicPSP
August 13th, 2007, 17:03
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Just installed the updated PSPTube onto my PSP (FW 3.40 OE)

Thumbnails work great, and quick.
The favorite feature is excellent.

Cracking little application. My vote for one of the best homebrew programs yet.

I look forward to more updates such as,

1: when in favorites thumbnails appear.
2: Also when saving a favorite the option to rename the clip.
3: And when in favorite the option to delete a clip. so that you dont have to do that when in usb pc mode.

Thank you very much...

:thumbup:

Greg_Alexander
August 13th, 2007, 17:13
It's a great app.

Greg_Alexander
August 13th, 2007, 17:26
How do you save favorites?

xg917
August 13th, 2007, 17:30
press triangle over a video

Gizmo356
August 13th, 2007, 17:30
Press triangle on the video

Greg_Alexander
August 13th, 2007, 18:39
It would be good if future versions can give you the choice to save the link and/or the actual video.
Also, the option to increase/decrease the amount of buffering(video keeps chopping, for me).

adobo24
August 13th, 2007, 23:25
Hey guys, I just registered on the website today and was amazed at browsing the comments on earlier pages.

One question I had was, does this app work on FW 2.60? I haven't updated my PSP in a year, haha. If I do update, what's the latest FW and will it work?

xg917
August 13th, 2007, 23:29
update to 2.71 and downgrade to 1.50 from there.

adobo24
August 13th, 2007, 23:41
Say wha? I think the update will automatically install 3.52 if I do choose to update.

xg917
August 13th, 2007, 23:48
dont update through there, you will need to download the update from a website then put it on your psp.. im kind of busy so i cant realy help you out at this time.. make a new thread in the PSP help forum so that people can help you there

blackrave
August 13th, 2007, 23:50
Yes, it will, but I would not recommend doing that. You won't be able to run any kind of homebrew. But why go so off-topic in this thread! Just update to 2.71 and downgrade from there to 1.50. You should find a guide somewhere by yourself.

silentedge
August 14th, 2007, 03:06
ugh
wtf
it worked for a LONG time...
and now, its stays stuck at the first screen when it says
"Searchthread.." thingy....
anyone knows what thats happening...?

MoForce
August 14th, 2007, 03:10
After I select the connection "cancel" appears right after the last connection then it just brings me out of the program and onto my regular psp menu

what should I do?

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 03:10
turn off your router then turn it back on

MoForce
August 14th, 2007, 03:27
After I select the connection "cancel" appears right after the last connection then it just brings me out of the program and onto my regular psp menu

what should I do?

I tried turning off my router then turning it on but no luck... I know my internet works cuz I tried it on my PSP as well. Thanks but are there any other options?

MoForce
August 14th, 2007, 03:38
I got it to work now but when it comes to buffering.... now it doesn't load

railpressureflip
August 14th, 2007, 11:45
What's this game kernel? how do I change it? I've got firmware version 2.71 se-c...

railpressureflip
August 14th, 2007, 12:08
How do you fix the problem where it shows "no videos" and then you press O and then it shuts down???

pimpjuice10
August 14th, 2007, 18:42
muahah works perfectly

djbrotherson
August 15th, 2007, 00:15
GOD this is pissing me off....

I have 3.40 OE-A

I installed PSPTube in many different ways

the first way, I took the 2xx folder and put it in the GAME150

2nd time I took the 2xx and put it in the GAME340 folder

The 3rd time I changed the kernal to 3.40 and tried the GAME340 folder

EVERY SINGLE TIME (and i put my developer thing in) it goes

loading config file..... failed and tells me to put a damn developer code in which im assuming is my youtube username right??

so what the hell is going on?

someone please HELP

Gizmo356
August 15th, 2007, 00:18
No your developer id isn't your user name so use this as your developer profile aBuK0nsR5VI

djbrotherson
August 15th, 2007, 00:22
ohhh, what is it then? where do i get one from?

Anselh
August 15th, 2007, 00:54
ahh im new and i have a 2.80 fw psp what do i have to get to have this psptube

phlex
August 15th, 2007, 06:43
Download the link on the first page xetract and copy the 200over file to ur game280 folder change ur kerenal to 280 i would assume and add the developer id to the cfg file :)

bobbob123
August 15th, 2007, 19:49
thanks tried and works

davy91
August 16th, 2007, 18:03
could anyone please tell me how to change the kernal cos im confused about that. and where do you put the "readme" file that has the dev_id becos i dont where its supposed to go.

Davy

Gizmo356
August 16th, 2007, 18:22
What firmware do you have?

davy91
August 16th, 2007, 18:31
I have a probem, could you help me out?

I did everything Darth Paul sed and wen i go to game and try to load it up, it just says "this game cannot be played" and then loads of numbers. Im confused about the Game Kernal, wat do i do to change it to 352. And where does the "readme" file go wen you have typed the Dev ID?

davy91
August 16th, 2007, 18:45

Gizmo356
August 16th, 2007, 18:55
If its the sony firmware than you can't use this.

Anonymous D
August 16th, 2007, 23:35
damm no wpa support, no youtbe for me

pspruler
August 16th, 2007, 23:49
Read well the instructions in the first page. Make sure you have the Kernel mode setup to 340kernel,it must go into the GAME340 folder,if you have any plugin enabled,disable it,and/or switch your CPU Speed to 333.

I have done that, but then I get The game could
not be started (8002014C)

theghost121
August 17th, 2007, 00:36
when i try to start it it says game can not be started can someone help

xg917
August 17th, 2007, 00:46
wat firmware r u on..

theghost121
August 17th, 2007, 01:48
i hav 3.52

CaptainMorgan4
August 17th, 2007, 17:34
Ok guys I have it in my GAME352 folder and it works and everything but I still have questions. I didn't set my kernal fodler to 3.52 because after I did it I didn't see any difference in performance so I put it back to 1.5 and it still works. My second question is about the CPU speed, in the CFG file I see where it says 222 and then 333 and then where it looks like what it's actually set to 333 a little further down. Is my CPU set for 333 for this program, I believe so but I wanted to be sure? Everyone is experiencing a little lag with the video and audio on some videos right, I read about the start button trick and I will try it, lastly is there a new version of this comming out today?

mike03$$$
August 18th, 2007, 00:05
First of all nobody needs to make a new account first sign in your regular account then goto youtube.com/dev then after that make developer acc it will just overwrite your regular account and thats it

blackrave
August 18th, 2007, 00:17
Please, please, please, someone explain to me why this outdated version keeps getting bumped? Why not rather discuss in the newer version (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70858) thread? I've requested two times that the thread titles get edited in order to seperate them more from eachother, but no one seems to care. Oh well, I don't care anyway.

At the dev's site (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?%CA%AA%C3%D6#a24210f3), this version has got a strike-through through its text, which he does with outdated versions, so I guess this means a new one is close! I receive all updates through RSS, so if I see something, I'll be sure to post a news thread about it (and remember to clarify the date of the release in the thread title).

gt4forever
August 18th, 2007, 05:23
:) Hi everyone. I'm new to homebrewing. All I've ever done with my psp is download a few demos on it. I'd like to know how to use the psptube, so if anyone can help me out, i'd really appreciate it. I tried it out, but got a error message (80020148)

Here is some info about my psp:
It's running on the official version 3.52 software from sony. Do i first have to download a custom firmware and if so, where can i get it?:confused:

I'm having problems with the game352 folder because i don't think i have it. And also, i don't have a game kernel thing either. :confused:

So please help me out. Thank you in advance.:)

omega_phaze2007
August 18th, 2007, 08:18
oy do we have to have a pc to do this? im on my psp right now.

Lunisneko
August 20th, 2007, 11:16
I haven't read every post so this may have been said already, but for those using IRShell, make sure NETHOSTFS is DISABLED before trying to connect. PSPTube doesn't understand the "already connected to access point" warning, and thinks it's an error.

killadowngrada
August 23rd, 2007, 04:41
hey guys i just got this and did all the things the guide said to do also, i put my id thing in the "" , but do you have to change the ABCDEFG or w.e to your username too? and i tried that too but everytime i start it up it said loading config...ok
then it says network somthing and says failed iuno whats rong:S

usp8riot
August 23rd, 2007, 05:18
Are you using WPA or WEP? I could only get it to work using WEP while the newest one I hear can work with WPA also.

killadowngrada
August 23rd, 2007, 22:13
im using wep but it still doesnt seem to work

playa2fly
August 27th, 2007, 16:30
every time i try it it says game cannot be started can some1 help me

playa2fly
August 27th, 2007, 16:38
duh

dangee
August 27th, 2007, 20:06
d/l & use the Beta from THE OTHER PSPTUBE THREAD ('til the
next release) - more reliable than the alpha
Use 1.5 eboots in FW1.5 or 1.5 emu under devhook.
For all other FWs (except 1.0) use 2.xx EBOOT (in CFWs
run from the 3.xx Folder).Any other config may cause
'No Videos',or search lockout.
In .cfg: CPUClock = 333, Vsync = 0 to avoid tearing
(still seems ok tho to run the CPU at 222)
Increase buffer(%) in .cfg to fix screenjerk
You can rename favorites to anythng.flv

JpAnim4
August 28th, 2007, 22:35
:) Hi everyone. I'm new to homebrewing. All I've ever done with my psp is download a few demos on it. I'd like to know how to use the psptube, so if anyone can help me out, i'd really appreciate it. I tried it out, but got a error message (80020148)

Here is some info about my psp:
It's running on the official version 3.52 software from sony. Do i first have to download a custom firmware and if so, where can i get it?:confused:

I'm having problems with the game352 folder because i don't think i have it. And also, i don't have a game kernel thing either. :confused:

So please help me out. Thank you in advance.:)

Same thing here:
I need help with psptube, I already got a developers ID and put it into psptube.cfg, but where is the game352 folder? And what do you mean by 'kernels'?
Im new to homebrew, so I really need some help here....

dangee
August 29th, 2007, 01:09
a kernel is the default set of firmware modules used in a
custom firmware configuration.

before kernels, configs,cfws ...or running PSPtube, or any other homebrew ,
you first have to downgrade your 3.52 to 1.5.
try browsing the PSP help forum...

zouking
August 30th, 2007, 08:35
my psp is running on 3.30OEA, i done everything as accordingly already, but i still get the no video thing and alway putting me back to the input keyword screen. anyone know ?

JPJunkie
August 30th, 2007, 10:58
Must have missed this release have to download

dangee
August 30th, 2007, 15:03
my psp is running on 3.30OEA, i done everything as accordingly already, but i still get the no video thing and alway putting me back to the input keyword screen. anyone know ?

not sure about this but it seems quite a common prob.
maybe somethng to do with the net connection. U could try
get hold of a .flv by normal d/l ,
transfer to /favorite on memstick and view in offline mode.

GlanvilleN
September 5th, 2007, 22:02
how do u switch 2 kernel?

GlanvilleN
September 5th, 2007, 22:03
how i switch to kernel?

Gizmo356
September 5th, 2007, 22:39
Are you on sony's firmware?

qwertyq123
September 6th, 2007, 20:32
Via NekoMiMi (http://nekomimi.cafe.coocan.jp/wiki/?%CA%AA%C3%D6#a24210f3)

Ok guys,I was searching and reading forums around the web and I found this neat application.

This let's you play and watch the videos directly from the YouTube (http://youtube.com) website,you don't have to download and convert FLV files or anything.

Installation:

- Download and unzip the file attached here.
- Choose the folder corresponding to your PSP's firmware version.
Example:
* 100 for firmware 1.00, 150 for 1.50 and 200over for custom firmwares.
- Copy the PSPTube folder to the GAME3XX folder.
- Create an account here (http://youtube.com/dev).
- Open the psptube.cfg file with a Text Editor.
- Find the ev_id = "ABCDEFGHIJK" dev_id = "" text in the file and insert your account information there.
- Set your Game kernel mode to 352.
- Start the application from the main menu and select an internet connection with the O button.
*Note: It'll show as "No Videos",just press O to search for the videos.*
- Enjoy!

Controls:
Start Button - Play/Pause
O - Select/Enter
X - Go back to Results
L Trigger - Go to the Previous Results page
R Trigger - Go to the Next Results page
Select Button - Change Screen size

Watch video: here (http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=15386267)

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSPTube_Watch_YouTube_on_your_PSP)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/PSPTube_Watch_YouTube_on_your_PSP

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
I've got firmware 3.52. can you talk me through how to install for dummies as i dont undestand most of it.

Gizmo356
September 6th, 2007, 20:34
You can't if you have sony's 3.52 firmware.

cal360
September 6th, 2007, 20:36
You can't if you have sony's 3.52 firmware.

Gizmo's right you will have to downgrade then upgrade to a custom firmware, then you will be able to use it.

elmere
September 6th, 2007, 21:48
mine is sony's 3.52 firmware how can I downgrade it to play psptube.

Thanks,
elmere

eggyolk
September 7th, 2007, 08:21
I'm getting this error message every time.

"Connecting Network...........Connected
Starting SearchThread. Can't resolve host [www.youtube.com]. check DNS server setting."

I am on M33 3.52-4. Went into recovery and disabled all plugins. Also set CPU speed to 333 and kernel to 3.52.

Not working. I've tried with WPA then WEP and finally with no encryption. I've tried giving the psp a static DNS..... nothing working. I've also tried a few other's developer's ID. No go.

Someone help. Please before I lose all my hair.

diapers
September 9th, 2007, 22:12
do u knw how to set the kernel on psp???
i don't get it...cos, we have to set the kernel as the version of the psp, right???
so, how to set the kernel???
my psp is 3.52 m33-4
thx.....

diapers
September 9th, 2007, 22:39
does anybody know why the bufferring is so slow...too long...or it doesn't work???cos, everytime i watch a movie on psptube it will be buffering in very long time n it will come out "http://cache.googlevideo.com/get_video?xxxxxxxx:-5" wht is tht meant????

buugtdbgt
September 10th, 2007, 00:52
umm this isnt working i edit everyhting n its sying about my favorite folder loading error oor somthing

goran
September 10th, 2007, 00:56
it doesnt work fr me dont kno wats wrong

eggyolk
September 10th, 2007, 04:59
do u knw how to set the kernel on psp???
i don't get it...cos, we have to set the kernel as the version of the psp, right???
so, how to set the kernel???
my psp is 3.52 m33-4
thx.....

Go into recovery mode by turning off psp then hold down R trigger while you turn it back on. Make sure you hold the power switch in the "ON" position for few seconds. You can adjust kernel among other settings once in recovery mode.

steve520
September 10th, 2007, 05:10
gosh i love this thing i can watch star wars kid on my psp i love it.

EasyLay
September 10th, 2007, 13:44
Hi

Sorry is this has been asked before, but does anyone know a solution for the problem where audio starts getting out of step with the video?

why do only a few of the flv files I save to my favourites folder work? I would have thought they would all work, and be perfectly synched. why do the files save with mad filenames?

thanks in advance ;)

abc111
September 12th, 2007, 23:22
Hi

Sorry is this has been asked before, but does anyone know a solution for the problem where audio starts getting out of step with the video?

why do only a few of the flv files I save to my favourites folder work? I would have thought they would all work, and be perfectly synched. why do the files save with mad filenames?

thanks in advance ;)

the audio on a vid from youtube even on a computer are not perfect just play the vid then replay the vid it will be in ur cache so u should get less lag or even none and it could also be ur bandwidth it takes an average-good one in order to playback a vid perfect hope this helped and i though this app worked better on 3.40 oe i get no lagg or less lag than the m33 custom ones

and audio is lighter than vid data so there for audio may be faster hoply this will be fixed sometime but this app is great if i had morer than 2 thumbs i would skick them up XD