PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters opens new Guildford Studio

Shrygue
August 9th, 2007, 19:51
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27500)

Codemasters has opened a new studio in Guildford, Surrey, and appointed former EA Criterion exec Adrian Bolton as studio manager.

The new studio will initially take on programming support with a head count of around 35. Codemasters Studio Guildford now joins the HQ in Southam and the recently opened art studio in Kuala Lumpur.

"Following our investment announcements and recent product successes, it is clear to see that these are very exciting times for everyone within the expanded Codemasters Studios group," commented Gavin Cheshire, VP of Codemasters.

"With Codemasters Studios in Southam, Kuala Lumpur and now Guildford, we can continue to grow our business and bring additional titles to the portfolio.

"We look forward to welcoming a new wave of development talent to Codemasters as we continue to grow both our product range and technology assets with projects such as Neon," he added.

The new team will initially work with middleware engine Neon as well as forthcoming titles Race Driver ONE and Operation Flashpoint 2.

VampDude
August 10th, 2007, 04:51
Guildford...

...My guessing is the old "Bullfrog" building?

I used to go past there quite regularly when I was younger.

yaustar
August 10th, 2007, 14:18
Not that I know of. The Bullfrog building is still owned by EA AFAIK. So we now have Lionhead, EA UK, the guys who are doing Little Big Planet and Codemasters all in Guildford.

VampDude
August 10th, 2007, 20:54
Not that I know of. The Bullfrog building is still owned by EA AFAIK. So we now have Lionhead, EA UK, the guys who are doing Little Big Planet and Codemasters all in Guildford.

Then it looks like Guildford is becoming the capital of the UK's game publishers. :)