PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable PaRappa sequel likely, says creator

Shrygue
August 9th, 2007, 20:18
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=169794)

"Kick, punch, it's all in the mind," and Masaya Matsuura, the creator of that classic Parappa the Rapper quote, has more lyrical genius on his mind for a likely sequel by the sounds of it. Err... yeah!

In light of the recently released PSP port of the original PSone classic, Matsuura declared: "If I had a chance to make another PaRappa for some hardware, of course I would love to do that."

Developers say this sort of thing all the time, but Matsuura goes on to say that Sony has expressed interest in a PaRappa sequel, and although nothing official has been discussed, it's commonly brought up in casual conversation. He also points to the PlayStation Store as a possible host for the long-sort after sequel.

"Personally, I really love the downloadable games on PS3, but currently I don't have any discussion with Sony Computer Entertainment people right now. We are exchanging casual e-mails, meeting up sometimes. I would not be surprised if these kinds of discussions will be started in the near future," he told 1Up.