PDA

View Full Version : August brings Metroid and Super Metroid to Virtual Console

wraggster
August 10th, 2007, 19:28
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/10/august-brings-metroid-and-super-metroid-to-virtual-console/)

Big N is giving Samus the loving treatment she deserves this month, with all of August being redubbed the "Month of Metroid." First off, there's a new Metroid Prime 3: Corruption preview channel on your Wii, where you can see some trailers for the game as well as gameplay videos. You can find that in Wii Ware, for all your promotional needs. That said, if you're the sort of Wii owner who hasn't bought a game since April (read: most of you) then you're probably not going to need much convincing.

This month will also bring the long-awaited Virtual Console releases of Metroid (for 500 points) on August 13 and Super Metroid (800 points), considered by some to be the greatest game of all time, on August 20. As you've probably already guessed, this is all leading up the the reason for the season: The release of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on August 27. Now go, little one. Hang your ice beam over the fire and try once again to get your lady friend to put on the armor you bought her as you insist that it's part of the holiday spirit.

ganondorf
August 10th, 2007, 20:53
Im definitly getting corruption. Its gonna be a while for me to finish the game.

stedaman
August 10th, 2007, 22:33
Important to note this is only in the US. I think the UK release will be November...sucky.

acn010
August 10th, 2007, 22:34
lol im so gettting metroid!!!!!!

onetwentyeight
August 10th, 2007, 22:35
the preview channel is a glorified double dose of youtube vids. two streaming videos with two more to come on the 13th is nice and conserves our precious 512MB limit, but it just leaves me wanting. plus, that bridge scene looks way too much like the one that goes to the lab in the first metroid prime until the transports arrives. can't wait to shield yank away!

LinkOfTime
August 11th, 2007, 12:36
I can't find the Metroid Prime 3 channel on my Europian Wii, did it come out only in the US?

mcdougall57
August 11th, 2007, 14:01
im definitely gonna import metroid prime corruption

i dont really like super metriod but i do like every other metroid game god knows why :s

Dee-Lite
August 12th, 2007, 14:36
No one seems to notice in the trailer it says "Samus' last mission"

So is the end of the Metroid saga? If this game ain't got online looks like we will never see an online Metroid game for the Wii if this is going to be the last.

Also have and PAL Wii owners been able to download this preview because I haven't!!

Dee

masterpaul
August 12th, 2007, 16:00
NO, it is says its SAMUS's last mission.

So the metroid universe will remain. Maybe in the next game you will take control over a soldier.

In that way, online wouldn't have to have 30 Samus running around.

Thanks to playing as soldiers...

There could be no single player.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There would be an campain (only multiplayer). It would have a story and everything. The story would be progressed by battles.

Before the start of the campaign... players would have to chose sides. The Intergalatical federation or the space pirates.

Before the battles there would be side missions like trying to infintrate your oppononents base, to gather information or technology.

All the battle plans would be planned in your base. Some players would have to guard your base, while others sort out the battle plan.

In the battles... some players would have to control lets say.... a space ship. Which would drop amunnition, health packs, and even vehicles.

The game's ending would change depending on the outcome of the battles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Then there would be your usual multiplayer options like deathmatch etc.....

Junixx
August 12th, 2007, 21:57
No one seems to notice in the trailer it says "Samus' last mission"

So is the end of the Metroid saga? If this game ain't got online looks like we will never see an online Metroid game for the Wii if this is going to be the last.

Also have and PAL Wii owners been able to download this preview because I haven't!!

Dee

Well I read somewhere that this is the last "Metroid: Prime" game, maybe thats what it means... I'm REALLY looking forward to this game though... :thumbup:

Dee-Lite
August 13th, 2007, 10:57
NO, it is says its SAMUS's last mission.

So the metroid universe will remain. Maybe in the next game you will take control over a soldier.

In that way, online wouldn't have to have 30 Samus running around.

Thanks to playing as soldiers...

There could be no single player.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There would be an campain (only multiplayer). It would have a story and everything. The story would be progressed by battles.

Before the start of the campaign... players would have to chose sides. The Intergalatical federation or the space pirates.

Before the battles there would be side missions like trying to infintrate your oppononents base, to gather information or technology.

All the battle plans would be planned in your base. Some players would have to guard your base, while others sort out the battle plan.

In the battles... some players would have to control lets say.... a space ship. Which would drop amunnition, health packs, and even vehicles.

The game's ending would change depending on the outcome of the battles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Then there would be your usual multiplayer options like deathmatch etc.....

ok I think that's going into it a bit too far lol cool idea though

Dee