PDA

View Full Version : New Mario Galaxy scans show Boo costume, cubed planets

wraggster
August 11th, 2007, 17:41
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/10/new-mario-galaxy-scans-show-boo-costume-cubed-planets/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2007/08/m-galaxy-scans-490.jpg

New scans from the latest issue of Famitsu have popped up on the NeoGAF forums with new pictures and information on Super Mario Galaxy (which, as we all know, was originally just two Super Mario Star Clusters duct-taped together).

Shown in the new scans are cube- and torus-shaped planets, Mario in his bee costume and also a few images of Mario as a Boo. According to translations found on Go Nintendo, Bee Mario can use his stinger and Boo Mario will be left alone by other Boos (though one of the Boo Mario images show him apparently getting hurt by another Boo).

Also according to the translations -- we haven't verified the information ourselves, so we can't confirm its validity -- is that six worlds will be in the final game, each with multiple planets. Also, as per the usual post-N64 Mario game, Galaxy will feature 120 stars you can collect.

Super Mario Galaxy is hoping to move a few units when it's released November 12 in North America.

More Info (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178737)

VampDude
August 11th, 2007, 18:28
Mario Galaxy looks nice, I can't wait for a UK release! :D

Sonicboy 101
August 11th, 2007, 18:44
Mario Galaxy looks nice, I can't wait for a UK release! :D

Same here. :thumbup:

ganondorf
August 11th, 2007, 19:04
Yeah!, november 12th is the day im going to get it. Cant wait.

acn010
August 11th, 2007, 19:10
it will be one of the greatest games ever released!!!!
lmao i want to buy it now

mcdougall57
August 11th, 2007, 20:00
a definite buy no questions asked even if i have to import it or tear someone limb from limb

Accordion
August 11th, 2007, 23:29
anyone care to explain why this game will be so great?

looks too much like the latest Wario DS game to me.

shiftybill
August 12th, 2007, 01:10
why will it be so great? its a mario game!!

ganondorf
August 12th, 2007, 01:13

Its way different than wario for the ds. The game is made by shigeru miyamoto. This game is literally gonna be one of the best. You will know what I mean when it comes out.

why will it be so great? its a mario game!!

So true

Gold Line
August 12th, 2007, 13:07

because its on Wii

Wii = Win

Accordion
August 12th, 2007, 16:48
nobody?

ganondorf
August 12th, 2007, 16:55
nobody?

What do you mean nobody? You need to buy a wii right now and you will understand.

Accordion
August 12th, 2007, 17:37
i have a Wii.

VampDude
August 12th, 2007, 18:44
Same here. :thumbup:

You say that to everything I say? lol

Firstly: It's a Mario game

Secondly: It's on the Wii

Thirdly: Mario and Wii equals fun.

Its way different than wario for the ds. The game is made by shigeru miyamoto. This game is literally gonna be one of the best. You will know what I mean when it comes out.

Both "Mario" and "Wario" are creations of Shigeru Miyamoto.

ganondorf
August 12th, 2007, 19:00
Both "Mario" and "Wario" are creations of Shigeru Miyamoto.

Yes I know that. But it like saying twilight princess looks like legend of zelda for the gba. You cant really compare them and say this game is better.

Accordion
August 12th, 2007, 21:09
nobody?

Sonicboy 101
August 12th, 2007, 21:12
You say that to everything I say? lol

of...course...not....
:rofl:

Junixx
August 12th, 2007, 23:12
What do you mean nobody? You need to buy a wii right now and you will understand.

Probably meaning he wants REAL reasons... not just cause its on Wii or its Mario...

Dee-Lite
August 13th, 2007, 14:57
nobody?

Look mate if you don't like it - move on. Have you ever bought a game on your own judgement I wonder? I don't care if people say a game is good or sh1t. If I like it I will give it a go and make my own judgement only after i've played it. This game I think will be amazing and it's tipped by Nintendo themselves as the true succesor to Super Mario 64 - if that doesn't mean anything to you, then you've no hope

Dee

Accordion
August 13th, 2007, 16:58
Look mate if you don't like it - move on. Have you ever bought a game on your own judgement I wonder? I don't care if people say a game is good or sh1t. If I like it I will give it a go and make my own judgement only after i've played it. This game I think will be amazing and it's tipped by Nintendo themselves as the true succesor to Super Mario 64 - if that doesn't mean anything to you, then you've no hope

Dee

¿mate? i don't know you at all.

I never stated i didn't like the game, how would i know that? it hasn't been released.

I am asking a very simple question, what features make this game deserving of all the attention?

All that has been stated is:
it's Mario.
it's on Wii.
it's a sequel.

not really much of an argument if your not blindly following a company.

Panini
August 13th, 2007, 19:21
I really hope this game does live up to the hype (unlike super mario sunshine). So far there havent been many games from nintendo on the wii that deliver the goods. I own quite a few games but none of them totaly stand out... a few of my favs being: mario stirkers which is fun but not an essential purchase, resi evil 4 rocks but is just really a GC port and my fav wii sports is really just a funky tech demo (but it still gets lots of use).

So far from the screens and vids ive seen of mario galaxy this game does look finally like a class A title from nintendo, but until i play it for myself I'll reserve judgement.

I reckon for the first time in ages Accordion will be dusting off the cob webs from his wii and will love this game once its released. :)

...off topic but according to to your sig you have a ps3 which i would hardly say is value for money and has no good games out at the mo - and for the record I also personally think Resistance is a pile of poo but each to their own. lol My mates got a ps3 and hes kept motorstorm but swapped every other game he owned for bluray movies cause of the distinct lack of good games to play (we get more time in playing Mortal Kombat 2 and Super Sprint from the ps3 store lol).

Gold Line
August 13th, 2007, 20:17
¿mate? i don't know you at all.

I never stated i didn't like the game, how would i know that? it hasn't been released.

I am asking a very simple question, what features make this game deserving of all the attention?

All that has been stated is:
it's Mario.
it's on Wii.
it's a sequel.

not really much of an argument if your not blindly following a company.

OH MY GOD! your noob level is over 8000 :eek:

Gold Line
August 13th, 2007, 20:36

oh a spam post thats nice :)

feddon
August 24th, 2007, 13:50
Well i got a wii on launch, with the words "sliced bread" and "best thing since" in my head but have been overwhelmingly dissapointed with it so far. Im in the Uk and the delay on paper mario reallywound me up. I bought afew launch games; Zelda, Redsteel ect and apart from Zelda being zelda and therefore worth anyones time like many i found myself playing wii sports the most and now i play my gamecube games on it more then my 10 or so wii games which just cant be right. If mario galaxy and metroid prime 3 dont live up to the hype then i will lose my faith in nintendo which ive been gathering up since the NES days. they just have to be good, simple as that.

ganondorf
August 24th, 2007, 14:40
First, look this thread is pretty old.

Second, you have ten games and you play wii sports the most?

You must have awful games. There are great games out there available for the wii. You just need to know which one's. Im sure metriod and mario galaxy with live up to the hype. If not, then those are just 2 games. You dont expect those 2 games to be the only good games for the wii, do you?

feddon
August 24th, 2007, 15:10
yeh my games are pretty awful but i think in nearly a year there could have been more developers making more interesting games for the wii, not for the ps2 and porting them. i think the reason i dont play my games mainly is because there all minigame games, warioware was good for a while, but rayman, wii-play (remote made it worth the buy) etc just dont hold your attention. And sonic and the secret rings is pretty much the same story, looks good but is just pretty boring after a little while. of course theyll be loads of games out for the wii worth playing, im looking forward to FFCC too as well as RE UC but for alll the other consoles ive owned (which has been a lot) i dont remember it taking this long for me to go into a games store and not to see one game i really fancy buying.
Sorry for bumping an old topic btw, didnt realise how old it was to be honest.

thanks.