PDA

View Full Version : 3.40oe gps-290 help

tommynason
August 13th, 2007, 05:33
Hi
Just got my gps-290 in the post and i have installed map this. The latest beta did not work so im using the previous one.
I managed to make a map of my area and stuck it in there it all displays fine.
However, im having difficulty getting it to work with the gps-290. when you push square it says gps on but never connects to any of the satellites.
I got the green program thing to test it and it just reboots my psp after about a second.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.
:confused:

Ninja_NZ
August 13th, 2007, 06:54
While in the map, click start, then go to the bottom left to GPS Info. Then click down twice to make CPU speed to 111Mhz. Then stand outside in a nice clear area and some satellites should show up, wait a bit longer for some satellites to be fixed, once you have a few satellites fixed, press select twice to get back to the map then press square and your map should scroll to where your current position is.

With the green program, use the prx's for your firmware, not the included prx's.

kabura
August 13th, 2007, 07:00
I actually had the same problem. You need the right usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx versions in the mapViewer folder. I used a usbacc.prx (2.71) and usbgps.prx (3.03) and that seemed to work fine for me. As for the green tester thing put those prx's in the proper folder.

tommynason
August 14th, 2007, 03:30
So what are the correct versions of the prx's?
if im running 3.4oe do i need the 3.4oe prxes or will a combination of others work?
is there anywhere that has them all that you can download?

Also is anyone having any problems with the latest version of map this not working? Mine crashes when you load a map

Thanks for helping me

Ninja_NZ
August 14th, 2007, 08:07
You can get your prx's from going into flash0 through recovery mode, or you can download the 3.40 OE-A prx's from this thread which is the same:-

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61524&highlight=loading+accessory+module+error

Mine crashes and turns off sometimes when I load a map for the first time, all you need to do is restart and try again. You might want to give it a few seconds before clicking X to load the map as I think if you click X too fast after loading MapThis! may be the cause for it not loading and shutting off.

PDG
August 14th, 2007, 09:14
You can get your prx's from going into flash0 through recovery mode, or you can download the 3.40 OE-A prx's from this thread which is the same:-

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61524&highlight=loading+accessory+module+error

Mine crashes and turns off sometimes when I load a map for the first time, all you need to do is restart and try again. You might want to give it a few seconds before clicking X to load the map as I think if you click X too fast after loading MapThis! may be the cause for it not loading and shutting off.

Ive set my MapThis to Autoload my standard map and i have never crashed the program ever.

Im running Custom Fw 3.52 M33-2.

Follow my guides and maby things work out better for you ;)

Ninja_NZ
August 14th, 2007, 10:05
Your guide offers nothing new. I used mainly used mhouse947's video guide to get mine working.

I saw somewhere that it maybe something to do with firmware 3.40OE-A that it has some issues or maybe it's just MapThis! 4.99 beta is unstable which is the reason.

tommynason
August 15th, 2007, 06:03
i heard 0.5 is ocming out soon?
any idea when?not sure exactly wat version im running at the moment because i downloaded someone elses files that they use on 3.4oe.
ive tried heaps of different prx's and cant even get satelited in view let alone locked on.

map this also says that gps state is off no matter hw many times i turn it on

PDG
August 15th, 2007, 09:07
Your guide offers nothing new. I used mainly used mhouse947's video guide to get mine working.

I saw somewhere that it maybe something to do with firmware 3.40OE-A that it has some issues or maybe it's just MapThis! 4.99 beta is unstable which is the reason.

Gee thanx dude ;)
It may not offer something new but itīs a guide that shows step by step how to get it running without crappy YouTube quality :)

All guides arent good guides, and yes, you can pause both the youtube guides and mine :)

I made the guides after i struggled to get it all working and then i reflashed my PSP and installed all again step by step whilst making the guides.

What guides people use is up to them, i just provide information and i enjoyed every step of it :thumbup:

But if you want something new then sponsor me on my new project :D i need:
1x PSP, 1x PSP-290 GPS, 1x PSP-300X Camera plus 1x USB Hubb with support for external power.

I was thinking of getting a PSP-290 GPS + one PSP-300X Camera working at the same time or just one at the time :) maby even mount the camera way back in the car and use ut as a electronic Rear wiew mirror and throw the one i have out and replace it with the PSP :D

Ninja_NZ
August 15th, 2007, 09:53
Sorry dude if you thought I was trying to diss your guides, as I was not.

Your guides go through each step slowly get clearly on getting MapThis! working.

I would've used your guides to get mine working but I found mhouse's first which goes through pretty much the same thing anyway.

Cheers for your great work. :thumbup:

PDG
August 15th, 2007, 12:56
Sorry dude if you thought I was trying to diss your guides, as I was not.

Your guides go through each step slowly get clearly on getting MapThis! working.

I would've used your guides to get mine working but I found mhouse's first which goes through pretty much the same thing anyway.

Cheers for your great work. :thumbup:

No way :)
Im to old to take disses personally :rofl:

Sharing information is caring :p