PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars

wraggster
August 13th, 2007, 16:00
Newly released at Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-b9-49-en-84-j-70-1z85.html)

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/54/pa.92309.1.jpg

features
New multiplayer function via Ad Hoc: Go head-to-head and compete for the highest fare. As a bonus, a turn-based multiplayer feature is also available that allows two players to challenge each other on a single PSP® system.
Custom Music Player: Transfer your favorite songs to the PSP® system to create your own personalized soundtrack.
Mega mini-games: There are 32 mini-games where you can perfect your skills, making it ideal for people on the go.
Intuitive controls: Crazy Taxi maintains its classic arcade-style gameplay with easy pick-up-and-play controls.
Save your best games: Show off your best fare runs to friends.

description
Crazy Taxi™: Fare Wars on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system brings multiplayer gameplay to this fan-favorite series for the first time. It's an all-out bumper brawl as cabbies race, ram, smash and dash to steal fares and score big tips. Crazy Taxi™: Fare Wars combines Crazy Taxi™ and Crazy Taxi™ 2 with hilarious new features that allow players to meddle with their opponents in brand new ways. Ram your opponent's cab to steal their passengers and use the new interference feature to slow down their fare delivery time. This is no ordinary cab ride - this is war!

brunobelo
August 13th, 2007, 16:28
It's a shame, but this game, on PSP, sux. :( I Love Crazy Taxi, I have the 2 games on DC, I have the game on PS2 too, but the PSP version almost made me cry. Crappy framerate, the worst fr on the CT series. :(

Stay away from this game, if you don't want to be angry. :(

kidSN
August 13th, 2007, 18:00
^ ..4real? Hmm il get a backup of my friends Crazy Taxi so i can see if its that bad
..instead of wasting money =/

blackrave
August 13th, 2007, 18:03
Is the choppy framerate the only thing that cuts this game down? Some people say the framerate is bad, while others say it's good, so it's hard to know what to believe. Does the framerate change when running at 333 Mhz?

Have a look at the Metacritic (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/psp/crazytaxifarewars) page for the game. At the moment, it's got 75/100 from IGN and 51/100 from Game Almighty.

brunobelo
August 13th, 2007, 18:22
Well, I played at 333mhz and it was crappy. I wonder how crappy it is using 222mhz. :-\

Damn Sega! Do they even PLAYED the game before they released it?!

mike_jmg
August 13th, 2007, 20:47
yup, crappy framerate, specially on crazy taxi 2

It's like with power stone collection, Power Stone 1 has horribly big loading times and power stone 2 works fine with decent small loading times

just that this time is the other way around cause the first crazy taxi works better and still playable, but No. 2 is just awful

jamotto
August 13th, 2007, 20:51
I've had no issue with the framerate, both CT 1 and CT 2 run well for me. The fact that there is only two different button configurations, might disappoint some people. The custom soundtrack option was a nice addition. It is nice not to have to convert your mp3's like you had to do in GTA. Oh, I guess it might bother some people, but so far all of the "real places" in the game I have seen have been renamed, Pizza Hut is now Pizza Palor and KFC is now Fried Chicken Shack.

blackrave
August 13th, 2007, 21:40
I've heard that to use the custom soundtrack feature, you have to convert the tracks to a special format that Crazy Taxi understands. So that isn't the case?

jamotto
August 13th, 2007, 22:39
I've heard that to use the custom soundtrack feature, you have to convert the tracks to a special format that Crazy Taxi understands. So that isn't the case?

No converting is needed. You just place mp3's in the ms0:\music\crazytaxi\ folder and turn on the custom music option in the game settings menu. It loops the song that it picks to play. When you get tired of hearing that song you press select to make the game pick a new song play.

brunobelo
August 13th, 2007, 23:59
Crazy Taxi 1 (on PSP) is almost playable, if you're a fan, but Crazy Taxi 2 (on PSP) is IMPOSSIBLE to play, even if you're TEH Sega Fanboy. :-D

Crazy Taxi on GBA is better, at least is curious, by the techical point of view. :-)

xxhiroshi21xx
August 14th, 2007, 02:28
Played earlier, awful, following in the footsteps of most Sega games.. :/

shaney2k
August 14th, 2007, 06:59
Played earlier, awful, following in the footsteps of most Sega games.. :/

i wasnt quite sure if i hit the wrong button in ct2 and i was in bullet time or something its terrible. would it of really killed them to actualy make a brand new CT or wud that actually require effort