PDA

View Full Version : Global Map Download Tool

UsayWt
August 13th, 2007, 19:01
Hi all!

How do I configure GMDL to go to Google Maps Germany?

Thx

Codaz
August 13th, 2007, 23:06
Simply scroll to germany and select preview 1 :) And then download the map.

PDG
August 14th, 2007, 08:17
Simply scroll to germany and select preview 1 :) And then download the map.

Follow my guide if youre unsecure ;)
What You See In 1x Is What You Get ;)

W.Y.S.I.1x.I.W.Y.G *Lol*

schnab
August 14th, 2007, 09:15
I do not unterstand how to get google hybrid maps?
I would like to use them, because they are much sharper here in germany than those msn maps.

PDG
August 14th, 2007, 09:29
I do not unterstand how to get google hybrid maps?
I would like to use them, because they are much sharper here in germany than those msn maps.

Just select Hybrid maps or Satelite on Google before downloading, having trouble with it follow my guide ;)

it usually seems to help people ;)

What you see in 1x preview is what you get when generating maps ;)

Airwave
August 14th, 2007, 14:38
I can help a little bit for Germanuser ;)

For UsayWT and Schnab

Was habt ihr denn für Sorgen;)?

ich habe nun schon ein paar Karten meiner Region konvertiert.Klappt eigendlich ganz gut.Das mit den Hybridmaps denke ich wird eh zu groß werden als Datenmenge.

Ja richtig PDG hat recht,was ihr in der Vorschau seht das wird dann auch in mapthis zu sehen sein.Also das in der 1x Preview.Könnt euch auch per pn melden.

mfg Airwave

tdettman
August 14th, 2007, 15:12
Is there any way to download a map with address information? One of the best things about most GPS systems is that you can key in an address and get directions from whereever you are at to that address.

Sorry if I am asking a question that was already answered somewhere.

UsayWt
August 15th, 2007, 07:47
Hi Airwave!

Wenn ich GMDL starte würde ich gern die deutsche Google Map Seite starten und dort meine Route eingeben, denn dann sind die POI's in Deutsch!!

Hast du schon Geodaten Karten für Deutschland erzeugt?

Gruß UsayWt

PDG
August 15th, 2007, 09:12
Hi Airwave!

Wenn ich GMDL starte würde ich gern die deutsche Google Map Seite starten und dort meine Route eingeben, denn dann sind die POI's in Deutsch!!

Hast du schon Geodaten Karten für Deutschland erzeugt?

Gruß UsayWt

UsayWt

If you want your maps to load when you start the software just edit the config.txt file and enter the name of the map you want to start.

About routing and POI lets just wait for Airwaves comment.

Cheers

Translation to bad German :) :

UsayWt Wenn Sie Ihre Diagramme laden wünschen, wenn Sie die Software gerade, die config.txt Akte zu redigieren beginnen und den Namen des Diagramms einzutragen, möchten Sie beginnen. Über Wegewahl und POI läßt gerechte Wartezeit für Airwavesanmerkung. :)

UsayWt
August 15th, 2007, 21:28
Hey PDG!

My question is being understood, let me try again. :-)
If i start GMDL, the English version of google map (http://maps.google.com/) will be displayed, if i configure my root, all POI's are going to be in English. There is also a German google maps (http://maps.google.de/), which would mean that the POI's i download will be in German.
Now my question, can I configure GMDL to go to map.google.de if I start it?

Thx

deniska
August 16th, 2007, 00:39
there is a drop down on POI/route pages - just select google.de

UsayWt
August 16th, 2007, 08:55
Hi deniska!

Thx, for the info.... i think i need some glasses :-)

AlexRoxUrSox
August 16th, 2007, 09:32
Do note that when your zoom level is in excess of 6, you will at first generate LARGE files...but after the download is complete, the program generates GPSFS files which compress the original JPEG/BMP/PNG files to 5 GPSFS files.
Just to say, the compression is smart but ineffective for large countries like the whole of germany and the whole of the UK, as I always crash.
I travel to the UK alot now so finding the nearest supermarket takes like 5 restarts to be stable.

in7ane
August 16th, 2007, 12:22
UsayWt, to make it default to maps.google.de on startup generate translation.txt and edit these lines to be:

GMdl.poiGoogleURL(maps.google.com)=maps.google.de
GMdl.dirGoogleURL(maps.google.com)=maps.google.de

Navigation is always through maps.google.com

black_phoenix
August 22nd, 2007, 16:22
Hi!

I need help on some questions below:

1) I manage to create my local map and create some direction with some POI's! But the Icon does not load up in the map?

2) Once direction or POI file created, where do I put my files in Map This?

3) What are KML.....csv....ov2 used for?

4) Can I have multiple direction in one map?

Sorry for the many questions but i really appreciate for any answers as I need to generate them for my upcoming long trip next week!

Thaks in advance!

~BP~

Edit:

Got all my answers after toggling around with Map This Screen menu!!! 8P

Thumbs Up for GMDL & Map This!!!!!

Airwave
August 23rd, 2007, 22:46
you must take the directionfile in your folder from your createt map.then you go to look poiicon in menue and you should see your directionroute,yes you can create so many poifiles,for example airport or food all what you want.
try it.

sorry for my bad english ;)

gry mssy
August 26th, 2007, 00:31
is there software for speed cameras for uk for map this

October 8th, 2008, 17:30
is anyone know where i get global map download tool for psp thick one and how it install plzzzzzz

kawabanga
October 26th, 2008, 10:50
regarding the map downloader, i've follow the step providing by the member here, but when i going to hit the preview 1x buttpn, these message appear:

something not quite right with this page, change to map view (is fine if there is no detail)

then i change the map to map view, the message still appears.

anybody here pls tell me how to do it right?

foureyes420
November 21st, 2008, 11:46
hi everyone,
can someone help me, i can't get mapthis and GMDL to work properly.
i'm using psp 1001 cfw 5.00 m33-3, i use gps 290 and i'm running on 1.50 kernel

problem on mapthis!:
-the usb gps state is always off how can i turn it on?

oyeah i think i don't have any usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx, cos when i toggled flash (0), i don't have KN folder, i have KM folder and there's no usbaac and usbgps prx. so i download the 2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx from 'yet another FAQ for mapthis' page, and put it in on mapviewer folder, and on flash (0), but the gps still don't work.

i also tried the keycleaner, still not working...

problem on GMDL:
-i'm using gmdl ver.0508b and when i opened the exe file the program wont show the map, i tried typing town, state, country, but still wont show a thing.how am i supposed download the map if i can't even see the map? huhu

anyone can help me??? oyeah i live in indonesia

thank you guys :)

astronaughty
January 5th, 2009, 05:45
Does gmdl support google.com/mapmaker? Cause google mapmaker has better maps than maps.google in asia. If not, then how can I make it work with google maker?

Serpentlord
January 14th, 2009, 16:45
i have trouble downloading from yahoo maps.
is everyone here can download from yahoo maps with GMDL or not???

darkdex52
August 10th, 2009, 22:03
I can't download from Google maps :( . The street view. I can't download from the street view. Terrain & Hybrid is OK, but on normal, street view, it doesn't want to preview or download. It shows blank images (with a little red 'x' on top).

Can someone please help???

binhusc
August 11th, 2009, 05:13
I can't download from Google maps :( . The street view. I can't download from the street view. Terrain & Hybrid is OK, but on normal, street view, it doesn't want to preview or download. It shows blank images (with a little red 'x' on top).

Can someone please help???

First... try to do a little search before post. If you had read the lasts posts updates you should be able to see that too much people had the same problem.

Take a look at this topic:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81496&page=4

Regards

Zubo
August 12th, 2009, 09:22
Hi all,
Does GMDL can convert existing cash to GPSFS ?
I have more than 16 Gb cash in 1,6 millone tiles, it is "QRST"- files jpg lied in 18 Zoom folders. I have
separate cash for satmap, hybrid.
is it possible ?

русский.

binhusc
August 22nd, 2009, 14:19
I don't know, but I don't see why you couldn't use it. I think the only problem could be the jpg format as the GPSFS uses png as source.

lupin398
November 21st, 2009, 09:06
Would it be possible to save a larger section of map with GMDL?

binhusc
December 29th, 2009, 01:30
Not with the current version of GMDL. Unfortunely, some maps could get larger than you think with detailed zooms and, if in7ane release some version with this possibility could generate too large maps.

Seegras
January 29th, 2010, 21:47
I'm also having trouble with GMDL. It won't work with .NET 2.0 on wine at all, and it crashes when selecting "Download the Map" on mono. And it freezes when clicking on most other items. And besides it's too big for my 1024x768 resolution, so it looks crappy, but I can live with that.

What I would need in effect, is a tool to convert an .osm-File (which can be conveniently downloaded per country from http://downloads.cloudmade.com/) to a GFSFS. Preferrably on the command-line, but such a functionality could also be added to GPSFS_util.exe (which, in contrast to GMDL, works and does not crash).

binhusc
May 1st, 2010, 18:12
You could search over the forum about Nieko. I think he did something about this.

sixsense
June 27th, 2010, 10:34
can anyone help, how can i download geodata for hungary? ang how can i get small map from hungary?

THX

Johnylawrenciyo
November 13th, 2012, 09:24
Just choose Multiple charts or Satelite on Search engines before installing, having issue with it adhere to my information ..it usually seems to help individuals.......
What you see in 1x review is what you get when producing charts