PDA

View Full Version : Kay.. im thinking on getting a DS! :)

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 04:17
i noticed that there are a lot of kool games for the ds. yes i am a psp owner and proud of if but i wish to share love to both my nintendo games and sony games :D

now. . .

first im thinking on going to walmart to buy a DS lite and buying a kool game for it.

would that be the right choice? also what game should i get?

next, im thinking on getting a flash cart or something so i can use homebrew and play back ups and other kool stuff.

what is the best cart to get in your opinion and why? can you send me a link to it?

lastly, i am running on Mac OS X. would this be a problem for me and my DS? i have a windows xp laptop as well but its not mine. but i can use it sometimes.

thanx in advance :D

SSaxdude
August 14th, 2007, 05:27
Get New Super Mario Bros. and Mario Kart DS, both extremely good games.

I have a flash card for my DS Lite; a M3 SD version. Sure it sticks out, but it works great and is very easy to use. There have been many new flash cards released since I bought my card, so a different one might be better and cheaper.

I'm not completely sure, but I think you can use DS flash card software on a Mac. But you could always use your XP laptop.

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 05:33
oo so theres software to it.. its not as easy as drag and drop like psp's memory stick? o well. the game im definately looking at is new super mario bros. mario kart DS doesnt appeal to me as much.

where can i find flash cards? i want to check out how much memory and other specs it has

::Xraxa, plz:.
August 14th, 2007, 18:22
You could try out an r4, its a good slot1 device too. Its easy drag and drop, plus you just need a microSD and youre good. http://www.r4ds.com/index-en.htm

Gold Line
August 14th, 2007, 18:27
oo so theres software to it.. its not as easy as drag and drop like psp's memory stick? o well. the game im definately looking at is new super mario bros. mario kart DS doesnt appeal to me as much.

where can i find flash cards? i want to check out how much memory and other specs it has

mario kart DS looks like a small n64 copy but its not trust me its a great game if you get a DS (witch you should :)) buy New super mario bros, mario kart DS and pokemon Diamond/Pearl.

eomund
August 14th, 2007, 18:43
I agree with the other posts on Mario and Mario Kart. Being as your also a fan of Sony, you would prolly enjoy FFIII. Sonic Rush, albeit short is a fun game too.

Man
August 14th, 2007, 18:45
Dont get mario cart i didnt like it at all. Also whatever you do, do not go for the cheapest flash card. I bought the DS-linker, and its a peice of s**t ! it always gets f**ked up and screws me around, iv heard the R4 is the best choice if you can find anybody who has them. and the R4 is just drag and drop.

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 19:41
yea i heard R4 and M3 Simply are the best flash cards out there. R4 seems to be my top choice at the moment.

thanx everyone and thanx ::Xraxa, plz:. for linking me the R4ds website :)

one last question. is it just insert and play? or do i have to flash my psp with the gba flash cart and all that other shit?

DimensionT
August 14th, 2007, 20:08
one last question. is it just insert and play? or do i have to flash my psp with the gba flash cart and all that other shit?

Your PSP has a GBA slot :confused:.

Seriously though, it should be insert and play. I have a Supercard CF, and the only flashing I have to do is to the Supercard it's self (when a new firmware comes out).

Slot-1 one carts and slicker and easier to use, but they totally lack usage for GBA games and homebrew.

Slot-2 carts are better in my opinion, because they support GBA... And because some of them have extra ram that coders are begining to tap into.

Supercard comes with NES, PC-Engine, Gameboy and Sega Master System emulators built in if that's a selling point for you (though they're pretty outdated and run in GBA mode). Just drag the games to your card and play :thumbup:.

Man
August 14th, 2007, 20:22
Nope, just plug and play with the R4 at least.

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 20:23
lmao sorry i ment NDS not PSP :p silly me

hmm well R4 Seems like its just insert and play and thats good enough for me. i saw a video of this guy flashing his NDS and he had to take the battery cover off and take like a metal pic and move it around these 2 holes at a certain angle. i was confused.

kcajblue
August 14th, 2007, 20:26
Dont get mario cart i didnt like it at all. Also whatever you do, do not go for the cheapest flash card. I bought the DS-linker, and its a peice of s**t ! it always gets f**ked up and screws me around, iv heard the R4 is the best choice if you can find anybody who has them. and the R4 is just drag and drop.lol. i told you that it was a piece of crap.
anyway. you guys shouldnt get ds linker and the ds link confused.
they are different products.
the ds link is way better than the ds linker.
but maybe not as good as an r4 or m3 ds.

DimensionT
August 14th, 2007, 20:33
i saw a video of this guy flashing his NDS and he had to take the battery cover off and take like a metal pic and move it around these 2 holes at a certain angle. i was confused.

That was probably a FlashME tutorial. You can use a custom bios instead of the one that comes with the DS. You don't need to do this to play homebrew and such if you have a flash cart. Actually I don't see any reason to use FlashME, aside from not getting the warning screen when you turn the DS on... Yey???

If you're planning on playing back-ups, I would suggest getting a high speed storage device (SD, Compact Flash, whatever the cart you're getting uses). Alot of games tend to lock up if they can't read the data fast enough. I have a 150X speed 1GB CF for my Supercard, and I haven't had any problems... But with my older 50X CF I do.

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 20:42
k.. so

-R4 revolution is my choice for now. where can i get it? i live in USA, i was checking amazon.com and found 2 products.
-it requires a micro sd card which i think im going to get the 1gb kingston brand from target.
-black DS lite
-new super mario bros game

anything else you guys can suggest me?

xg917
August 14th, 2007, 23:48
please. can someone link me to a website where i can buy R4 Revolution? i heard there are fake R4 carts and i dont want to be scammed..

Man
August 15th, 2007, 00:20
I dont know there used to be a page on the R4 Site but now its down and there are not any distributors on it. i bought mine from http://www.kickgaming.com/ and i think they have the R4 cards, and why would you buy new super mario bros. if your buying a flash card ?

xg917
August 15th, 2007, 00:52
idk.. :p

and thanx man, but they dont have R4 cards.. :o i found a site luckily though :)