PDA

View Full Version : psp-290 newbie question.

aka_little_dragon
August 14th, 2007, 23:01
Sorry for these newbie question. I got 3.52 M33-2 with MapThis in the GAME350 folder, I got the London Map working and my GPS information saying that I lock up with two SAT. These are some of my question.

1) How do I lock on to myself on the map?

2) Can you type the Post Code to get the location? I know it has zip code.

3) Does it make the root to the loction I want by marking it?

george224
August 14th, 2007, 23:08
you need to press square then you wait for satelites you need a fix before it can track you so either go outside some where that you can see the sky.

deniska
August 15th, 2007, 04:20
1) seeing 2 satellites on gps info screen - is not equal to locking on to them
2) you need to type it begining of a street address
(Example: 10 John st.) zipcode only searches are disabled since they yeild to many results..
you do need geodata for the area on the map.
Currently US only is available/usable)
3) no auto-routing yet - it will show the direct line/distance to your mark.. you can generate a route with, say,google and import it via gmdl

aka_little_dragon
August 16th, 2007, 00:18
Thank you for the reply, one more question. Could used a different map then Google? I want to get the maps for Japan, google has it but everything in Japanese.

PDG
August 16th, 2007, 07:46
Thank you for the reply, one more question. Could used a different map then Google? I want to get the maps for Japan, google has it but everything in Japanese.

You should be able to use any Web based map service, Microsoft, Google etc.. :)
Just try some and see what happens :)

Btw: "Little Dragon" Aka: Jackie Chan :p

AlexRoxUrSox
August 16th, 2007, 09:36
1) seeing 2 satellites on gps info screen - is not equal to locking on to them
2) you need to type it begining of a street address
(Example: 10 John st.) zipcode only searches are disabled since they yeild to many results..
you do need geodata for the area on the map.
Currently US only is available/usable)
3) no auto-routing yet - it will show the direct line/distance to your mark.. you can generate a route with, say,google and import it via gmdl

Yeah, I've told this to some people already, they ask why they "Just get a straight line accross town".
Is auto routing implicated in the future 0.5?