PDA

View Full Version : Someone must be able to help me???

Saber06
August 15th, 2007, 11:06
Hi everyone ! I need help really badly. Heres my problem.
i use firefox as a web browser and havent done a microsoft update in a while, (they were turned off, because last time i think i got a virus through a update somehow and had to wipe my whole pc) and im using Kapersky internet security. Basicly i tried to use men live messenger and got a Error message - 80048820 not letting me sign in. so after some investigation i try to do a automatic update to see if it can solve the problem, BUT. i cant go onto www.microsoft.co.uk or any other microsoft site. my browser just loads to 4 little green bars showing no website immage and then just says this website cannot be displayed. ive tried the new ie7 and firefox. Also the automatic updates dont work. so i downloaded windows deffender of a external (not microsoft) website. Installed it and ran it, it didnt find anything,nor did kapersky when i scanned, but the windows defender wont update. (error 0x80004002) not only microsoft websites but my pc wont go onto some other websites anyway. im starting to get worried, Please help me??
Cheers
Tom

gdf
August 15th, 2007, 12:09
contact ms? by letter?

Saber06
August 15th, 2007, 12:48
....:(

bah
August 15th, 2007, 13:45
Thats just strange and i really have no idea, theres no virus I know of that adds '127.0.0.1 microsoft.com' to your hosts file but I guess its possible if the rest of the net is working.

Copy/paste C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\etc\HOSTS into the address bar in a windows explorer window and choose to open it with notepad, check for anything that mentions microsoft.com or whatever site isn't working.

I really doubt that's it, but i cannot think of anything else that would block only a few sites unless you've set up that security product to block sites.
Uninstall it completely and try again.

ganondorf
August 15th, 2007, 13:55
I recomend this site to anyone in the world who has a computer.

Make sure you save it in your favorites

http://forums.spywareinfo.com/index.php?

Saber06, if you go to that site, im sure you will solve your problem.