PDA

View Full Version : First screens from PSP's Aliens/Predator game

Shrygue
August 15th, 2007, 20:20
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170124)

We rported last week that a new Aliens/Predator game was heading to PSP, and now we've first screenshots to entertain your eyeballs.

In development at Rebellion - no stranger to the Aliens/Predator license having delivered the excellent Aliens vs. Predator PC FPS - the third-person action-adventure's based on a new Aliens/Predator movie.

You may or may not be disappointed by the fact that you only get to play the Predator, tooled up with his nifty camo and vision tricks and weaponry to splatter humans and aliens.

The game includes a co-op multiplayer mode allowing you and a mate to go Predator and run amok against loads of Aliens.

Screenshots here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=183961)

mike_jmg
August 15th, 2007, 21:02
I heard somewhere that the game is based on a future sequel of the Alien VS Predator movie

Most of the games based on movies suck, let's hope this one breaks the rule, cause it sounds very cool

acn010
August 15th, 2007, 21:45
and looks cool

Broadus
August 15th, 2007, 23:38
Man, no playing as aliens or marines?
I never liked the other AvP games because they would do their best to make the player alone in single player, even if the player was an alien.

Buddy4point0
August 16th, 2007, 00:46
the graphics look pretty nice. good high res textures.

Murdock
August 16th, 2007, 06:51
I doubt the game will look like the screens "ingame". These screens might be from the engine, but I bet it's like in games like "daxter". The models look better in the "ingame movies" than in the actual level, u know?

So this might also be kinda "ingame video" that should make u guys hunger for the game :( sad but true

sukhi-2006
August 16th, 2007, 12:17
Avp graphics on psp look amazing i hope it plays good as it looks most majority psp games have cool graphics and gameplay for example tekken and ridge racer 2 they look outstanding on psp.

odino
August 16th, 2007, 13:06
I doubt the game will look like the screens "ingame". These screens might be from the engine, but I bet it's like in games like "daxter". The models look better in the "ingame movies" than in the actual level, u know?

So this might also be kinda "ingame video" that should make u guys hunger for the game :( sad but true

Uhmm... you know GOW? Psp can make a great gfx with cpu at 333.

blackrave
August 16th, 2007, 13:35
Oh, right, I guess this game will be taking full advantage of the PSP's CPU! At least I hope so. It looks really, really neat, and I highly doubt those are so-called pre-rendered graphics. I also think that you will be able to play as Aliens or Marines, but that they haven't gotten that far in development just yet.

To be honest, I think Rebellion (they made AvP1, but not 2) will develop this into a great game, even if it means breaking the "movies <-> games-productions suck fact". Time will show. BUT, I don't think the movie will be that good. :p