PDA

View Full Version : Music prx 0.55 (aka irsmp3.prx)

wraggster
August 15th, 2007, 21:35
Joek2100 has released a new version of Music Prx, heres the release details:

This is the new version of the irsmp3.prx which now has support for atrac3, which is why I changed the name.

If you don't know, this is a custom firmware plugin which allows you to play music while playing a game and using the vsh.

Read the file called PLEASE_READ_ME.txt, for installation and usage

I'm not going to copy the whole readme file here, but there a somethings you should know:

This has new hardware decoder will work with all umd games/the vsh/ and most homebrew. (Thanks to cooleyes)
- It will not work with homebrew that uses the ME (SnesTYL ME, dosbox .71, etc)
- It will not work with copy protected atrac3's
- In the next release I'll have it switch back to the software decoder (mp3 only) when the ME is in use, but until then you'll have to use the non-ME version
- Also when playing an mp3 that has a samplerate different from 44.1kHz, you need to pause the song before the vsh's video/music player will work

If you have a problem with a game starting, try waiting until you are at the main menu to start playing music.

If you get an error message/if you hit play and don't hear any music, turn on the on screen display, and look for a line in blue.

Heres whats new:

0.51: (beta)
- Fixed a bug which would prevent playback in some games (You can now remove hw.prx, it is no longer used)
- Since many people are reporting problems, I made this a "beta" version, I'll try and fix the bugs as soon as I can, see me last post in this thread for details
0.52: (beta)
- Fixed a bug which prevented some (I guess a lot) of atrac3 files from playing properly,
0.53: (beta)
- Fixed another bug making atrac3/atrac3 plus files not play, please update to this version before reporting any bugs, if you still have problems
0.54 beta:
- Removed the settings file because it was causing a problem
- Added those settings into music_conf.txt
- NOTE: In 3.40OE (and possibly other fws, setting the cpu speed > 222 will cause the vsh to not work/crash)
- This seems fixed in 3.52 M33-2
- Now that I think about it, the above might just be a problem with my one psp

0.55:
- Fixed a bug which would cause some mp3s to hang at the end of the file

Future plans:
-auto enable the software decoder when the ME is in use, so playing mp3 can work with any homebrew that uses the me
- improve the on screen display
- add some sort of playlist in folder support (each subdir would be a seperate playlist and you can switch between them, something like DJEK was talking about in the old thread)
- add more formats
- figure out how to get pops mode working
- have button inputs that are used in the prx ignored by everything else

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via joek2100 (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1725060&postcount=1)

yoshinatsu
August 15th, 2007, 21:44
Hahaha, good jod Joek, I just updated to 0.54 and figured out the bug, REAL quick update, way to go:thumbup:

mcdougall57
August 15th, 2007, 23:21
nice release !!

acn010
August 15th, 2007, 23:27
sweet.. his is good

Chameleon
August 15th, 2007, 23:50
sweet, now my game menu doesnt stall when i use this update :)

schluptnut
August 15th, 2007, 23:50
I saw that bug but I didnt think it was worth reporting. I liked the function of the prx, although I was doing really well in Tekken Dark Ressurection when the game froze as I was listening to the end of "Stuntin Like My Daddy" and lost a bunch of money when I reset PSP. What in the Shell? Thanks for a good update.

avtools
August 16th, 2007, 05:07
This new plugin seems to work fine if enabled alone, but it has conflicts when Custom Firmware Extender Plugin 1.3 (CFE) is enabled. If both plugins (music.prx and cfe_vsh.prx) are enabled, the PSP freeze after boot screen.

This problem does not happens in with the old irsmp3.prx 0.4f. Meanwhile I will stick to the old version, but I would like to see this issue solved.

Thanks for this marvelous plugin!!

yoshinatsu
August 16th, 2007, 13:44
This new plugin seems to work fine if enabled alone, but it has conflicts when Custom Firmware Extender Plugin 1.3 (CFE) is enabled. If both plugins (music.prx and cfe_vsh.prx) are enabled, the PSP freeze after boot screen.

This problem does not happens in with the old irsmp3.prx 0.4f. Meanwhile I will stick to the old version, but I would like to see this issue solved.

Thanks for this marvelous plugin!!

I wanted to report this too.
I use Custom Firmware Extrender for screenshots, and when both enabled, NONE of the plugins work, and it's all getting messed up.

DarthPaul
August 18th, 2007, 01:52
Hell yeah! I wasn't able to play any OMG audio with 0.5,let's see if this fixes that.

Russoxley187
September 12th, 2007, 15:38
what buttons do you use to activate it?
I cant reas the read me file..

mikebeaver
September 26th, 2007, 11:13
Any news on if this can/ will be ported to the 3.xx kernel that is used in the slims and newer frimware?

Thanks, Mike..

Cloudhunter
September 26th, 2007, 13:36
Any news on if this can/ will be ported to the 3.xx kernel that is used in the slims and newer frimware?

Thanks, Mike..

It already does run in the 3.xx kernel, but the nid's of many functions have changed, which I'm sure causes problems for the ME.

Cloudy

mikebeaver
September 29th, 2007, 00:52
So it is possible to fix it, it will just need to be found again in it's new address then?

Mike..

jxx2005
March 5th, 2008, 20:00
never mind
i updated to 3.90

NovaKane
March 5th, 2008, 20:34
^ Would like to know as well...

LAMPRO
April 17th, 2008, 07:16
bump: rip this out of ahmanns irshell to work with 390m33..

who is gonna tackle this> i would if i had any prx knowledge at all.. it would be top priority for me ASAP...

please someone get this out@!

bacalacadaca
April 18th, 2008, 05:44
does this work for 3.90m33??

and can anyone give me some simple instructions on how to use this and install im so confused

ahh **** it i'll try some other time

No_one_in_particular
April 18th, 2008, 09:07
As far as I know it doesn't work.

But thanks to LAMPRO for finding this thread and coming up with the un-thought-of genius that is 'ripping' the music.prx out of IRShell. Expect a release any day now!

LAMPRO
April 18th, 2008, 17:55
But thanks to LAMPRO for finding this thread and coming up with the un-thought-of genius that is 'ripping' the music.prx out of IRShell. Expect a release any day now!

hint of sarcasm? you on 352m33 lovin your standalone music.prx.. while those of us higher upon the march33 ladder lost that plugin. what- i can ony use the plugin if it comes bundled with a bunch of other stuff i dont really need- in a 'firmware extender' ??- where said prx doesnt really work right? why not just rip it out and create the 390m33 stand alone music.prx??

right now imo, redsquirrel is ontop of prx dev releasing a handful lately, i hope he reads this and will exert some of his genousity on it.. bless us!!