PDA

View Full Version : New PSP Firmware in September

wraggster
August 16th, 2007, 18:56
September is the date for the release of the next firmware for the PSP, its not known if this will concur with the date of the release of the PSP Slim but i would hazard a guess that its gonna be the same. Talk around the Net is that the next firmware will be v2.60 because of the release of the PSP Slim.

Heres some info posted on Sonys Asian (http://asia.playstation.com/eng_hk/index.php?q=node/988) site:

If you are using PSP® with OS version 3.52 to play PlayStation® classic game 『BIO HAZARD DIRECTOR'S CUT®』(CAPCOM) which is purchased at PLAYSTATION®Store,there might be malfunction happening in the 「ORIGINAL」,「BEGINNER」and「ARRANGE」modes.

The malfunction is expected to be fixed in the next PSP® OS Update (tentatively scheduled in the beginning of September). The game is running properly on PLAYSTATION®3.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused. Please kindly be advised to update your PSP® to the latest version once the next software update is available.

Spread This News: (http://digg.com/gaming_news/New_PSP_Firmware_in_September)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/New_PSP_Firmware_in_September

Will the next firmware have support for the extra 32mb of ram in the PSP Slim, if so then thats the firmware that all PSP Hackers should be setting their targets onto for Homebrew hacking.

gamefreak199101
August 16th, 2007, 18:59
u said 2.60 isnt it supposed to be like 3.60?

xg917
August 16th, 2007, 19:02
in the video of the psp slim demo thing. i zoomed into the video and saw 3.50 but obviously that wont be the firmware equipted with the slim because of the lumines exploit. or maybe it will be equipted so that stupid people try downgrading and end up bricking their new psp slims :p not funny..

O-bake
August 16th, 2007, 19:08
Funny thing that the official Sony coders are facing the same problems as the homebrew emulation-coders ;)

wolfpack
August 16th, 2007, 19:16
this new psp... this thing will be hacked for awhile until someone can fully hack it and make cfw's with it, and then play homebrew on the telly :p

xg917
August 16th, 2007, 19:24
i would love to play NES on the telly once again.. ughh that was years ago!

Anonymous D
August 16th, 2007, 19:50
havent we got biohazard running? already by using the id change thing.

Buddy4point0
August 16th, 2007, 19:55
all that wait for just a psx emulation upgrade. thats dumb. they should add streaming video, now that psptube is out they know its totally possible and should try and do it in the internet browser

xg917
August 16th, 2007, 20:02
they couldve done it since the release of 2.00.. they just didnt feel like it. and now that we have psptube whats the point..

F9zDark
August 16th, 2007, 20:24
If they hack the slim PSP, I will be in line to buy one. Would be hot playing Emulators and homebrew games on the TV (and without having to mod my current PSP).

acn010
August 16th, 2007, 20:40
meh........
ill wait for the slim

blackrave
August 16th, 2007, 20:50
If they hack the slim PSP, I will be in line to buy one. Would be hot playing Emulators and homebrew games on the TV (and without having to mod my current PSP).

Yup, same here. I won't buy one without certainty that homebrew can be run on it. I just can't see how exploits of the 1.00/1.50 caliber could ever show up, anyway. Let's all hope some clever mind works it out. :rolleyes:

xg917
August 16th, 2007, 20:53
most likely there are hackers out there anxiously waiting to get their hands on the slim

yoshinatsu
August 16th, 2007, 21:34
You REALLY believe it won't be hacked, or you're just saying it to spend your time?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm getting one Day 1. :p

watupgroupie
August 16th, 2007, 21:55
You REALLY believe it won't be hacked, or you're just saying it to spend your time?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm getting one Day 1. :p
Ya i'll probably be getting one to BUT think about this. Whenever we found an exploit we made a downgrader, and where else to downgrade to but the exploited firmware which then aloud us to crack open later firmwares. Now that the new psp is coming out on the newer firmwares they don't have a hacked firmware to do anything on. The only thing i could see them doing is finding a in game exploit and using it to install a version 1.50 firmware but i have no clue if thats possible.

blackrave
August 16th, 2007, 22:41
Ya i'll probably be getting one to BUT think about this. Whenever we found an exploit we made a downgrader, and where else to downgrade to but the exploited firmware which then aloud us to crack open later firmwares. Now that the new psp is coming out on the newer firmwares they don't have a hacked firmware to do anything on. The only thing i could see them doing is finding a in game exploit and using it to install a version 1.50 firmware but i have no clue if thats possible.

Exactly, Kent, that's what I think, too. And I bet they have some pretty strong security revisions to prevent us from running anything unsigned. But on the other side, everything can be cracked. It just needs some investigation and experimentation. The firmware is sure to be decrypted within a month, and that's a great place to start.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 16th, 2007, 22:53
can't wait........it's like "sony versus homebrew" round 2.lol. of course we won the 1st round, sony realsing the psp slim proves this!!!

xg917
August 16th, 2007, 22:56
even if its exploited the only thing we can do is wait because sony must have more internal changes than before which prevents the system to run any lower versions.. aka remember the IDstrorage needed to be changed for ta-082 motherboards? well something similar mustve been implimented..

Fanjita
August 16th, 2007, 23:10
Exactly, Kent, that's what I think, too. And I bet they have some pretty strong security revisions to prevent us from running anything unsigned. But on the other side, everything can be cracked. It just needs some investigation and experimentation. The firmware is sure to be decrypted within a month, and that's a great place to start.

Yeah, we'll see. ;)

burrito
August 16th, 2007, 23:41
u said 2.60 isnt it supposed to be like 3.60?
It must be a typo.

acn010
August 17th, 2007, 01:37
Yeah, we'll see. ;)

i hope it will.... serves no purpose on buying it if its not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ab88
August 17th, 2007, 02:09
I don't doubt it's going to be "hacked". On the other hand I think it never will be able to run as smoothly as current PSP's homebrew wise. Think TA-082/TA-086, The were "fixed" to be normal but it required some editing to prevent hardware level problem. The new PSP is an entirely new machine in that matter. Certainly a whole new way of running "custom firmwares"(if there is ever one found) will be needed.

jurkevicz
August 17th, 2007, 16:26
I can't wait for this new firmware! Bring on M33!