PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Worms: Open Warfare 2 - Demo Released

blackrave
August 17th, 2007, 15:16
Via THQ UK (http://www.thq-games.com/uk/news/show/2535)

THQ has released a demonstration version, 4 MB in size, of their upcoming action/platform/strategy game -- Worms: Open Warfare 2.

Within, there's a sneak preview of the Pirates level and a few new weapons: including the electromagnet! You can play single player or against a friend in 'Hot-seat mode'.

Note that the demo requires firmware version 3.52 to run! Works just fine on M33 3.52-2.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

It's great that developers give us demos of their games to try them out. We get way too few of those.

Sektor
August 17th, 2007, 20:51
These are the only items you start with and there are no weapon/utility crates:
Bazooka (infinite)
Grenade (infinite)
Shotgun x 2 (unusual to limit shotgun ammo)
Mine x 2
Fire Punch x 2
Blow Torch x 1
Jetpack x 1
Dynamite x 1
Magnet x 1 (this is one of the new items that wasn't in previous games).

The AI is much faster than it was in the original Worms Open Warfare. I'm looking forward to the full game, this demo doesn't show much but it's better than nothing.

Here's a screenshot from the only level that is actually in the demo. I took it using the capture.prx plugin.

blackrave
August 17th, 2007, 21:03
Yeah, thanks, Sektor. I just took the shots that were on the official site. I'll update the post with some shots I took myself.

I think they could've at least made the level regenerate randomly every round. And I miss the Ninja Rope. :(

kcajblue
August 17th, 2007, 21:12
they got rid of the rope!?!?!

that thing was awesome.

and i cant wait till the game comes out, i liked the first one, so this one must be good.

Sektor
August 17th, 2007, 21:22
The rope will be in the full game (should be released on August 31st) but it's not in this demo.

gamefreak199101
August 17th, 2007, 21:29
thanx imma try this out rite now

yoshinatsu
August 17th, 2007, 22:53
Ok, link removed, thanks for informing me.

blackrave
August 17th, 2007, 22:57
yoshinatsu; I did attach it in the beginning, but speaking to Kaiser on IRC revealed that it might be illegal without the developers' consent. So we agreed he could remove it.

Sektor; thanks for the support and suggestions.

Sektor
August 17th, 2007, 23:46
"Click here to register and download" just loads a blank page if I click on it. It works if I drag it to the URL bar.

Perhaps better to link to http://www.thq-games.com/uk/downloads/demos

blackrave
August 17th, 2007, 23:55
Hm, it loads just fine here directly. It gives me a registration form (since I'm not logged in). But I'll edit the link. Thanks again.

luxoflux
August 18th, 2007, 01:12
:thumbup: OMGOMGOMGO I love this game, ive been following it since worms 2 on the pc, even tho the demo doesnt show much its still nice to see new versions of the game coming out. Oldschool the way it should be in its 2d original glory =D :rofl:

pibs
August 18th, 2007, 01:36
wow can't wait for the full release, I love worms!

parkermauney
August 18th, 2007, 02:47
I was very dissapointed by Wow 1 for psp, it lacked almost every weapon existing in armaegeddon, and that could fit on a 128mbit n64 card!

luxoflux
August 18th, 2007, 03:14
Infastructure for part 2 is gonna rock.

sonofsamus
August 18th, 2007, 03:16
Is it just me, or are the blast craters much, much smaller than they were in Armageddon? The dynamite barely makes a larger hole than the bazooka. The weapons seem. . . wimpy.

blackrave
August 18th, 2007, 12:55
Yes, there are some things that should be fixed before the final release .. If it's not too late. But the blast crater might be adjustable, you know. And I agree with parkermauney. Number 1 barely had any weapons at all. I'm looking much forward to its final version, especially the multiplayer mode.

mcdougall57
August 18th, 2007, 13:08
i hope there is more stuff 2 do in this one such as a campain mode, i wouldnt complain if worms armagedon worked on pops

luxoflux
August 18th, 2007, 19:05
I really despised part one because there was no single player campaigne.