PDA

View Full Version : Horcrux Creation

iamharrypotter
August 17th, 2007, 16:50
How did Voldermort accidentally make Harry a Horcrux?

In HBP, when Slughorn is talking to Tom Riddle about making Horcruxes he says that it involves the ultimate evil - murder, and also a spell to encase the Soul. Sounds like quite a deliberate process so not sure how Voldermort could accidentally do this in the process of an Avada Kadava spell, with or without Harry's mother's protection.

Also, on a completely different subject, if Snape really did actually love Harry, why did he have to be such a complete bastard to him? Ok there were pretences he had to keep up, but on some occasions it seemed he was getting a real kick out of it.

SnesR0X
August 17th, 2007, 19:42
Dumbledore theorized that Voldemort was going to make is final Horcrux by killing Harry, but when he sort of, you know, GOT KILLED, he couldn't really aim.

As for Snape, now that's actually a reasonable question. We find out he actually did care about him deep down, but indeed he seemed to enjoy Harry suffering sometimes, probably because he looked so much like James.

Swimkid
August 17th, 2007, 19:55
It's people like iamharrypotter and 7thbookafailure that are going to make me leave DCEmu.

Cloudhunter
August 17th, 2007, 23:14
It's people like iamharrypotter and 7thbookafailure that are going to make me leave DCEmu.

Lighten up :rolleyes:

As for your question, Voldemorts soul was already so fractured and unstable due to how many time he has split his soul into pieces.

When the curse rebounded, a bit of Voldemorts soul - because Voldemort should have died - splintered of, and settled in the nearest living thing - Harry.

As for Snape - he more loved Lily, than Harry. I'm sure he probably had a great resent for James, because of his bullying - and because of him being with Lily, when he'd like nothing better in the world. Of course, Harry looks very much like James, apart from his eyes - which is why ultimately, Snape would do anything to protect Harry.

As for him getting a kick out of it - He probably did. Remember, before he turned spy for Voldemort, he was a death eater. As I believe Mad Eye Moody said "Some marks just don't come clean." - and he probably had a great liking for being in power over someone who looked practically the same as one of his school bullies.

Cloudy

SnesR0X
August 17th, 2007, 23:26

I think it's fun to prove them wrong, and if they piss you off, just don't go on the Harry potter section.

Swimkid
August 20th, 2007, 18:33
I've had my fill of proving them wrong and I think I'm getting a tummy ache. lol. I'll just sit back and read what the guys have to say. I'll stop responding.