PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE] Xandu's Media Player 1.2d {NOW WITH CUSTOM SKINS AND ID3V2!!}

-Xandu-
August 18th, 2007, 13:00
Changelog for 1.2d:
-ID3v2 now supported!
-Theme support added and opened.(This means you can do your own themes!). See screenshots.
-Album Art support refined. (JPEG errors reduced)

Features:
-Supported formats: MP3,WAV,OGG,MOD,S3M,IT and more to come!
-iPod graphics (including animated songbar)
-iPod clickwheel using analog
-Mp3 streaming (which means you can load up huge sized Mp3s)
-Shuffle mode
-Music Quiz
-Album Art
-ID3 tags (ID3v2)
-iTunes friendly (song info)
-Lyrics functional
-XMP can enter folders in folders (like: PSP/MUSIC/FOLDER1/FOLDER2/Music.mp3), the XMB Mp3 player can't.
-XMP is louder than the XMB ;).
-And much more inside!!..

Screenshots:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/xmpthemes22.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/xmpthemes2.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0064.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0060.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0061.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0062.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0063.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0004.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0007.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0058.png
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/snap0006.png

Known issues:
-Some songs may not have proper songlength.
-Some songs with higher bitrate may cripple or crash.

Don't forget to check out the PDF user manual included inside ;).

Works on:
PSP Firmware 1.50
PSP Firmware 2.00+ (eLoader)
PSP Firmware 2.7X SE
PSP Firmware 3.XX M33
PSP Firmware (All the custom firmwares which support 1.50 kernel)

Now compatible with PSP Slim (PSP-2000) using Dark Alex's Time Machine (unconfirmed)

Special thanks to:
Homer - For his great help and support.
pspfan - Great bug reports.
Jake20324 - theme graphics.

Important Notes:
-Make sure it's in PSP/GAME150 to work perfectly.
-Make sure your music is in PSP/MUSIC or MUSIC.
-Read the User Manual troubleshooting section.
-Make sure your files don't have foreign characters (Chinese or Japanese for example).

Alternative Download :
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/glossy-pro-button2.png (http://www.badongo.com/file/5191853)

Hope you like it and don't forget to vote :).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sonicboy 101
August 18th, 2007, 13:03
This is a great release man nice job! :thumbup:

ALTIMITHacker
August 18th, 2007, 13:40
This is coming along nicely, however, I just got a crash after listening to two songs, lol. Of course, these MP3s are kinda complex ones, not your average files. I would recommend working a bit on functionality, implement things that LightMP3 has, like Volume boost. Also, if you want the files that the program is crashing on, I can send them to you.

-Xandu-
August 18th, 2007, 13:43
This is coming along nicely, however, I just got a crash after listening to two songs, lol. Of course, these MP3s are kinda complex ones, not your average files. I would recommend working a bit on functionality, implement things that LightMP3 has, like Volume boost. Also, if you want the files that the program is crashing on, I can send them to you.

Hmm, make sure they don't have foreign characters. Try any other two songs and report back ;).

mfz64
August 18th, 2007, 13:44
wow! this looks awesome!

ALTIMITHacker
August 18th, 2007, 13:50
Hmm, make sure they don't have foreign characters. Try any other two songs and report back ;).

My other songs work perfectly, its just my linkin park album, which i dont see any foreign characters, unless the "-" counts. The info for the song is definitely screwy, it comes up in foreign characters, but it shouldn't. It will play fine, then i switch to another song in the same album and it crashes. also, on the first song, it starts with a really loud screech, then plays normal. You sure you dont want the files? I could just email them.

EDIT: Actually, forget it. Im gonna download a new linkin park ablum, cause this one is obviously screwy. It works in LightMP3, and the XMB, however, I can tell that it barely works in those two places(Makes a loud screech on loading in LightMP3 as well). I might as well get rid of them since they are a bit strange.

-- Done. The new album is compatible.

Safari Al
August 18th, 2007, 14:27
Always glad to see a new one man! The skins thing is great!

giggity giggity goo
August 18th, 2007, 14:29
so does this one support foriegn charactrs in song titles?

i'm not worried if i can see em, i memorized all my foriegn albums but id like to play em

btw keep it up:thumbup:

ALTIMITHacker
August 18th, 2007, 14:36
I figured out why it wasn't working. It uses the Normal LR Stereo mode verse the joint(MS/intensity) mode. Oh well, doesnt matter, I switched out those songs anyway. Now all my songs are using the joint mode.

-Xandu-
August 18th, 2007, 14:54
Glad you liked the new version!
Don't forget to vote ;).

acn010
August 18th, 2007, 14:55
i cant believe you typed such manner to make the xmb mp3 look like shit XD
this is awesome

yoshinatsu
August 18th, 2007, 16:15
Sorry to everyone, but where can I vote for the NEO Flash Summer Coding Competition?

xg917
August 18th, 2007, 16:25
lol, awsome indeed

-Xandu-
August 18th, 2007, 16:29
The Neo Flash Summer Competition is closing on 20 Aug, so you can vote by then.

Check out www.neoflash.com for more information.

parkermauney
August 18th, 2007, 17:23
Wow, this is looking amazing.

Buddy4point0
August 18th, 2007, 17:28
sweet! im gonna download this now. it looks really good man, thanks for alll the great work.

scarph
August 18th, 2007, 18:34
great work.
ill waste my precious memory stick space on mp3s

NeimadTheHacker
August 18th, 2007, 19:40
Don't work anymore with me :(
I don't understand what's the matter !! With the latest version it crashed too :mad:

I'm in 3.52 M33-2, i've got music in the folder PSP/MUSIC. XMPBETA is in GAME150...

I can run XMPBETA but when i wanna choose "Music Library" or "Music Quiz" it crashed :confused:
"Settings" works well

ps : sorry for my english, i'm french :D

-Xandu-
August 18th, 2007, 20:11
Don't work anymore with me :(
I don't understand what's the matter !! With the latest version it crashed too :mad:

I'm in 3.52 M33-2, i've got music in the folder PSP/MUSIC. XMPBETA is in GAME150...

I can run XMPBETA but when i wanna choose "Music Library" or "Music Quiz" it crashed :confused:
"Settings" works well

ps : sorry for my english, i'm french :D
Maybe that's why, try to remove foreign characters from the Mp3 files such as é or á and try again.

NeimadTheHacker
August 18th, 2007, 21:19
Okay thx, i'm trying :)

DarthPaul
August 18th, 2007, 22:26
Many thanks Xandu!
Nice jobe once again. Your music player rule over the PSP scene,no doubt. :)
I have a noob question.. What's ID3v2?

NeimadTheHacker
August 18th, 2007, 22:29
Maybe that's why, try to remove foreign characters from the Mp3 files such as é or á and try again.

I tryed but it change nothing :(

SnoopKatt
August 19th, 2007, 00:06
Very good release, now I can sync my PSP with J. River Media Center :)

tuta
August 19th, 2007, 02:16
can this cool player view jap fonts or chinese fonts

Searching4me123
August 19th, 2007, 03:59
Nice!!

aznTerz
August 19th, 2007, 08:36
heyz...
does anyone else have this problem...
wen it finishes loading the splash...
then it displays.... "press start to restart"
and i cant access the menu....
any help?

-Xandu-
August 19th, 2007, 10:41
heyz...
does anyone else have this problem...
wen it finishes loading the splash...
then it displays.... "press start to restart"
and i cant access the menu....
any help?

Make sure XMPBETA is in PSP/GAME150 and not in any other folder.

aznTerz
August 19th, 2007, 12:21
wat about just normal GAME folder...?
coz im like on fw 1.5 -_-"

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 12:40
Wow dude,that's old-school.
Why don't you use a Custom Firmware?

aznTerz
August 19th, 2007, 13:04
lolz probably is...
but i just don feel like upgrading up to cfw....

TripHH
August 19th, 2007, 15:10
Very great work!

I love your work... This Media Player is the first Mediaplayer with Ogg Support....! Bug ive found Some Bugs!
Now i will tell you them:

-> If a start a song with the filetype ogg the programm crashes if i want to change to a other song....
-> The ID3 Tag inside Ogg Files doenst work
-> The PSP Remote Control doenst work :( Will it be implamentatet/fixed soon?
-> I dont know how to Play the music quiz.... Could someone tell me what i have to do?
-> If i change my skin the xmp crash!

Sry for my bad English!

gregnoid
August 19th, 2007, 15:23
Hi good music player but a very important thing is missing !!
.The fast rewind/ forward

-Xandu-
August 19th, 2007, 17:10
Very great work!

I love your work... This Media Player is the first Mediaplayer with Ogg Support....! Bug ive found Some Bugs!
Now i will tell you them:

1-> If a start a song with the filetype ogg the programm crashes if i want to change to a other song....
2-> The ID3 Tag inside Ogg Files doenst work
3-> The PSP Remote Control doenst work :( Will it be implamentatet/fixed soon?
4-> I dont know how to Play the music quiz.... Could someone tell me what i have to do?
5-> If i change my skin the xmp crash!

Sry for my bad English!

1 - Weird, works fine here.
2- Never knew OGG had ID3 :confused:
3- Maybe, yeah :).
4- Enter Music Library, choose a folder with many songs, go back to the menu, choose Music Quiz ;).
5- Common error, don't change the theme like 12 times!
6- Vote for XMP! :p.

TuncaCeleste
August 19th, 2007, 18:57
Holy crap! This thing looks sweet! And with Vorbis sound support, great.

Any chances of adding support to Lossless music? (i.e. FLAC, WAVPACK, etc.)

Cheers.

Btw, where do I vote? O.o

iwantanimac
August 20th, 2007, 10:49
Great release! Many of the problems i found earlier have been rectified! ID3v2 - Hellz yeah!

Any chance you'll support m4a audio (AAC it would seem) in the future? Half my stuff from iTunes is in that format...

Lovin' the skin feature. I'll whip one up soon.

-Xandu-
August 20th, 2007, 11:13
Yeah, I've been thinking about adding more formats in future versions.

I think voting starts today (20 AUG) at www.neoflash.com. There will be a voting thread here too I think.

Ranmax09
August 20th, 2007, 19:52
Whenever I try to start this up in iR Shell on 1.5 kernel it tells me to. "press start to restart" everytime after the flash loads. What's the problem? I'm on firmware 3.52 M33-3 BTW. I have my kernel set to 1.50 in recovery mode and it's in the GAME folder.
The only way I can start it up is putting it in GAME150 and starting it from the XMB :p

-Xandu-
August 20th, 2007, 19:59
Whenever I try to start this up in iR Shell on 1.5 kernel it tells me to. "press start to restart" everytime after the flash loads. What's the problem? I'm on firmware 3.52 M33-3 BTW. I have my kernel set to 1.50 in recovery mode and it's in the GAME folder.
The only way I can start it up is putting it in GAME150 and starting it from the XMB :p

Yep, you need to put it in GAME150 folder not GAME ;).

UltimaDude
August 20th, 2007, 20:16
Xandu, How can I get this to run on PSP 1.5, I know 1.5 is old but I can't really leave 1.5.

Thanks,
UltimaDude

P.S Great work, I'm voting for you =D

-Xandu-
August 20th, 2007, 20:49
XMP 1.2d Directory patches.

If you need XMP to run under the following directories, replace the corresponding SYSZ.mtz with the original one.

GAME - For 1.5 Firmwares and Kernel.
GAME340 - For 3.40 OE Firmware and Kernel.
GAME350 - For 3.50 M33 and Kernel.

UltimaDude
August 20th, 2007, 21:46
I got it working, It's great so far I hate the errors i'm getting so far.

One saying a mp3 is a invalid JPEG file and the press start to reset appearing alot.

-Xandu-
August 21st, 2007, 17:59
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u120/SXandu/votenow.png (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4600.0.html)

usp8riot
August 22nd, 2007, 01:14
As said before, a ff/rewind function would be greatly appreciated. I love the interface but I've had a couple bugs with it that were mentioned. Also using the shoulder buttons just to change songs would be nice for when it's in the case and I'm carrying my psp around.

-Xandu-
August 24th, 2007, 16:29
Also using the shoulder buttons just to change songs would be nice for when it's in the case and I'm carrying my psp around.

Yep, you currently change songs with L/R shoulder buttons.

EDIT: I've been thinking about features for future versions:
-Visualizer (Almost done)
-Equalizer thanks to Homer.

Post your suggestions here!

burrito
August 24th, 2007, 19:01
I need some help, -Xandu-. I have 3.52 M33-4, and whenever I get in it (v. 1.2d), I see the coding contest picture, then a black screen loads saying "Press start to restart". I press it, then the same thing happens over and over again. I can't get in the actual media player. I tried moving to different folders (game, game150), and tried changing my kernal (1.50, 3.52). None of the SYSZ.mtz patches even worked. Maybe you just need to make a new SYSZ.mtz for 3.52 M33. And it would be nice to have the SYSZ.mtz patches included with the next versions of your media player.
Nothing seems to fix it. If you can get it working for me, you will get my vote. :)

-Xandu-
August 24th, 2007, 19:53
I need some help, -Xandu-. I have 3.52 M33-4, and whenever I get in it (v. 1.2d), I see the coding contest picture, then a black screen loads saying "Press start to restart". I press it, then the same thing happens over and over again. I can't get in the actual media player. I tried moving to different folders (game, game150), and tried changing my kernal (1.50, 3.52). None of the SYSZ.mtz patches even worked. Maybe you just need to make a new SYSZ.mtz for 3.52 M33. And it would be nice to have the SYSZ.mtz patches included with the next versions of your media player.
Nothing seems to fix it. If you can get it working for me, you will get my vote. :)

And what's the difference between a visualizer and an equalizer?

If it's in GAME150 it should work, don't apply any patches though. And check that your download is valid.

burrito
August 24th, 2007, 20:07
If it's in GAME150 it should work, don't apply any patches though. And check that your download is valid.
Should my kernal be set to 1.50 or 3.52? And can my music be at PSP/MUSIC/ ?

burrito
August 24th, 2007, 20:10
Xandu, have you tested it on 3.52 M33-4?

-Xandu-
August 24th, 2007, 20:11
Should my kernal be set to 1.50 or 3.52? And can my music be at PSP/MUSIC/ ?

It should be set to 1.50. And yeah, your music can be in PSP/MUSIC or MUSIC.

Make sure XMPBETA is in PSP/GAME150.

If the error persists, try redownloading ;).

And no, haven't tested it on M33, but it should work. I didn't get any M33 complaint besides yours.

burrito
August 24th, 2007, 21:46
It should be set to 1.50. And yeah, your music can be in PSP/MUSIC or MUSIC.

Make sure XMPBETA is in PSP/GAME150.

If the error persists, try redownloading ;).

And no, haven't tested it on M33, but it should work. I didn't get any M33 complaint besides yours.
I tried everything, even redownloading. But I still get that "Press start to reboot" screen.
Can you please upgrade to 3.52 M33 to test it out for yourself?

-Xandu-
August 24th, 2007, 21:49
I tried everything, even redownloading. But I still get that "Press start to reboot" screen.
Can you please upgrade to 3.52 M33 to test it out for yourself?

That's odd. Alright, try putting it in PSP/GAME and patching.

Do you have anything in MUSIC?

burrito
August 24th, 2007, 21:54
That's odd. Alright, try putting it in PSP/GAME and patching.

Do you have anything in MUSIC?
Which patch should I use?

And I only have my music in PSP/MUSIC, because a prx for playing music in while in a umd requires it to be there.

-Xandu-
August 24th, 2007, 21:56
Which patch should I use?

And I only have my music in PSP/MUSIC, because a prx for playing music in while in a umd requires it to be there.
Use the GAME patch. IM me since this thread is going nowhere.

lost101
August 25th, 2007, 19:34
I followed your advice earlier and upgraded to v1.2d. The vanishing dir issue appears to have gone. Wav files are still crashing with memory error or just freezing.

Also there is now an issue with track info either appearing partially and messed up or not appearing at all, in the 'now playing' screen.

Any tips for manually adding cover jpegs without using itunes?

Thanks for homebrew btw. :)

--
lost101

-Xandu-
August 25th, 2007, 20:22
I followed your advice earlier and upgraded to v1.2d. The vanishing dir issue appears to have gone. Wav files are still crashing with memory error or just freezing.

Also there is now an issue with track info either appearing partially and messed up or not appearing at all, in the 'now playing' screen.

Any tips for manually adding cover jpegs without using itunes?

Thanks for homebrew btw. :)

--
lost101

For the track info, make sure they're ID3v2 using iTunes.

For the Album Art yes, you can add them manually using iTunes ;).

Don't forget to vote! (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4600.0.html)

lost101
August 25th, 2007, 23:45
I cast my vote, now cut me some slack, I have no desire to install itunes and I am sure I am not alone.

For the Album Art yes, you can add them manually using iTunes ;).

Don't forget to vote! (http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4600.0.html)

burrito
August 26th, 2007, 00:18
I cast my vote, now cut me some slack, I have no desire to install itunes and I am sure I am not alone.
This free program can add album art: http://www.download.com/3001-2141_4-10670257.html

lost101
August 26th, 2007, 00:59
This free program can add album art: http://www.download.com/3001-2141_4-10670257.html

Thank you.

--
lost101

JPJunkie
August 26th, 2007, 16:10
Got my vote great app:thumbup:

punkonjunk
August 26th, 2007, 19:21
Awesome!
Hey, I was wondering, does this support the PSP remote? The one that comes with the PSP headphones. I know the older version doesn't, and I hope this one does. If it doesn't, you should include support for that in the next release. :)
I mean, it works, the volume keys do, it'd just be nice if you added support for the two skip buttons, and the pause button.
Also, how about m4a, and wma support? That'd be nice, as almost all my music is in those two formats. :P

EDIT
Also, for some reason, the albums I DO have with the correct format don't actually work. When I enter the folder, it appears blank, although i know for a fact the music is in there, and it isn't flagged hidden or anything. It played fine in the old player, the 1.2beta, and now it wont' read their existance at all.

mikhded
August 26th, 2007, 20:56
Hello,

Ogg files still don't automatically go to next track. I need to manually go to next track by pressing the R button. Maybe it might be related to the shuffle icon not showing up/not being able to toggle shuffle mode?

That said, I still like this program so much more than any other music player I've found, because a) it plays ogg and b) it can search (inside) folders for music, not needing a playlist (like pspradio).

Thanks for your great work!

brxkid
August 27th, 2007, 09:30
ok i need help i put it on my psp then i open it and this is wut came up (the game could not be started) can some 1 help me?

i have 1.5 and i have GAME not GAME150

-Xandu-
August 27th, 2007, 11:52
ok i need help i put it on my psp then i open it and this is wut came up (the game could not be started) can some 1 help me?

i have 1.5 and i have GAME not GAME150

You need to KXPloit it and use the GAME patch.

punkonjunk
August 27th, 2007, 21:36
Awesome!
Hey, I was wondering, does this support the PSP remote? The one that comes with the PSP headphones. I know the older version doesn't, and I hope this one does. If it doesn't, you should include support for that in the next release. :)
I mean, it works, the volume keys do, it'd just be nice if you added support for the two skip buttons, and the pause button.
Also, how about m4a, and wma support? That'd be nice, as almost all my music is in those two formats. :P

EDIT
Also, for some reason, the albums I DO have with the correct format don't actually work. When I enter the folder, it appears blank, although i know for a fact the music is in there, and it isn't flagged hidden or anything. It played fine in the old player, the 1.2beta, and now it wont' read their existance at all.

^?

brxkid
August 28th, 2007, 04:33
umm how do u do that im a noob 2 this

EDT: i did that know it say press start restart i did that and it just keeps saying it so wur ain=m i doing wrong..:confused:

-Xandu-
August 28th, 2007, 14:01
umm how do u do that im a noob 2 this

EDT: i did that know it say press start restart i did that and it just keeps saying it so wur ain=m i doing wrong..:confused:

Download the patch from here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=20375&d=1187639338) and patch it using the GAME patch ;).

punkonjunk
August 28th, 2007, 14:44
-xandu-, why are you ignoring my posts?

-Xandu-
August 28th, 2007, 15:00
Awesome!

EDIT

Sorry haven't read them.
XMP doesn't have remote support at the moment, but will be added soon.

As for the album problem, make sure they are ID3v2 Tags using iTunes or similar program.

brxkid
August 28th, 2007, 16:55
iight cool it works know all i need 2 do is add music

punkonjunk
August 28th, 2007, 23:33
Sorry haven't read them.
XMP doesn't have remote support at the moment, but will be added soon.

As for the album problem, make sure they are ID3v2 Tags using iTunes or similar program.

ID3v2? why can't I just copy music over from my library? The older version played stuff, but this one won't. Also, is there a reason the player doesn't support m4a and wma file types? I know they're proprietary, but I can't imagine you'd get in any trouble just for creating software just to interpret them.

-Xandu-
August 28th, 2007, 23:46
ID3v2? why can't I just copy music over from my library? The older version played stuff, but this one won't. Also, is there a reason the player doesn't support m4a and wma file types? I know they're proprietary, but I can't imagine you'd get in any trouble just for creating software just to interpret them.

iTunes converts them automatically, I'll look into this problem.

And as for the WMA and M4A support, I simply didn't have time to add support for these yet. I may add them in future versions.

punkonjunk
August 29th, 2007, 00:37
I don't have itunes, I just rip them off CD's with Windows media player. :P

punkonjunk
September 1st, 2007, 02:32
Alright, well, at this point... it really seems like there is no reason to use this media player rather than the PSP's embedded one. I mean, the only real convienience is that I can browse my music in a similar folder layout to my computers, but it isn't hard to just copy the album folders instead of an artist folder. It's actually a bit easier on me.

Could you possible explain why this would one-up the PSP's media player?

The built in one works right away, on my homebrew enabled PSP. No problems, plays all my file types - WMA, mp3, m4a, ect. No ogg files, so I don't need to worry about it.
It works well, and now that I know how to turn off the screen, it's not like it's much of a battery drain.

Xandu's PSP iPod media player DOES NOT support two of the file types I use the most - m4a and wma.
That's a huge disadvantage to me, and others.
Your media player also does not support my music without these crazy id3v2 tags. Look, I'm not an apple whore, I don't know what is up with iTunes, I hate iPods because it's shittier than a PSP for triple the cost, but the media player would be neat, if it had something more to offer.
Additionally, it may be louder, but it frequently "crackles" with all of my headphones, including the PSP ones.
it has NO remote support, which I can imagine would only be a few mere lines of code compared to a feature like skinning and theming.

If iTunes converts something automatically, great.

But you better hope all the judges on the panel are apple whores, or they'll probobly see this the same way as me. I'm not trying to be uselessly cruel, honestly, it would probobly take just a few hours of hard work and a bit of QA to get this program at about 100x better than the PSP's built in media player. And although it might be just me, I'm sure there are quite a number of people who've downloaded it and it wouldn't play their music, or didn't support the remote, or something, and they were like "**** it, the PSP has a better damn media player"
The problem with this kind of media player is there is a simple, free, built in alternative. You need to give it something MORE than what sony already gave us.

usp8riot
September 1st, 2007, 03:01
I hate to agree with rants criticizing homebrew software but I agree. I use either Sony's or mp3lite. Sony's is overall the best there is so far for general use while mp3 lite is fine long term listening such as while working out, walking, etc for good battery use.

The thing I like about Sony's is control over music. The fast forward feature especially. Also the volume features on some apps like this seem useless. As mentioned, you get crackled audio. But I consider this constructive criticism. I may not like some homebrew audio apps as well as Sony's but I'm sure not against anyone doing better than theirs. To anyone who can code such an app, you have more talent, or perhaps patience, in your pinky than I have as a whole. It may seem like some here don't appreciate or understand the time and talent put into these apps, but I'm sure everyone does appreciate it.

-Xandu-
September 1st, 2007, 11:35
Hmm, thanks for the critics, it gives one more suggestions on how to improve their product.

As for the exclusive features it has, you can say (Lyrics, OGG support, IT,MOD,S3M support). And I'm planning on adding a visualizer and an equalizer in future versions maybe. And more formats ;).

HomerSp
September 1st, 2007, 20:40
@punkonjunk, you obviously don't understand the difficulty and time needed in adding m4a and wma support to xmp. It's just not a simple copy-paste from a windows app and there are no (I think) psp apps which support those formats.
If you're gonna say that "the built-in player has support for them and is free" then first of all, it's not free. When you buy the psp you also buy an license which gives you an unlimited amount of official updates, including all the applications that comes with it.
Secondly, yes it does support those formats. But think like this, Sony is a huge company with thousands of employers, and Xandu is just one person who does it for fun.

climt
September 5th, 2007, 22:33
I got a problem...
I'm on a firmware 3.52 M33-4 and when I start XMP, I have the image with NeoFlash and Summer Code Competition but then I always got a black screen "Press Start to Restart".
I changed the kernel and used the different patches but I always have the same thing.
"Press Start to Restars" !
=(

(Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm french...)

-Xandu-
September 6th, 2007, 11:22
I got a problem...
I'm on a firmware 3.52 M33-4 and when I start XMP, I have the image with NeoFlash and Summer Code Competition but then I always got a black screen "Press Start to Restart".
I changed the kernel and used the different patches but I always have the same thing.
"Press Start to Restars" !
=(

(Sorry if I made mistakes, I'm french...)

Where have you placed the XMPBETA folder?

climt
September 6th, 2007, 17:12
I tried GAME and GAME150...
I also tried XMP 1.2c.
It started but I got the same results when I tried to enter the library.

-Xandu-
September 6th, 2007, 17:55
I tried GAME and GAME150...
I also tried XMP 1.2c.
It started but I got the same results when I tried to enter the library.
Check that you have music files in PSP/MUSIC or MUSIC. And also check that they don't have any foreign characters.

climt
September 6th, 2007, 18:12
How stupid I can be ! =S
I used the wrong Memory Stick !
And there wasn't any music ! =S

But I got the "Press Start to Restart Message Curl" again twice in the settings.
And on Freeze.

I'm so sorry for my musical mistake !
And thank you for your job !
=D

punkonjunk
September 8th, 2007, 02:58
@punkonjunk, you obviously don't understand the difficulty and time needed in adding m4a and wma support to xmp. It's just not a simple copy-paste from a windows app and there are no (I think) psp apps which support those formats.
If you're gonna say that "the built-in player has support for them and is free" then first of all, it's not free. When you buy the psp you also buy an license which gives you an unlimited amount of official updates, including all the applications that comes with it.
Secondly, yes it does support those formats. But think like this, Sony is a huge company with thousands of employers, and Xandu is just one person who does it for fun.

You seem to think I'm much more naive than I am.

I am simply arguing that if you own a PSP, you have the software. It is absolutely trivial and embarassing to your own intellegence to imply that the software is not free, because for all intensive purposes - it is.
Honestly, that statement could have no purpose but to argue with me.

I know sony is much bigger. Sony is also a bunch of dicks and wouldn't thank me for the criticism, they'd shit on my face some more. I hate sony, but I love my PSP.
I'd love to NOT support sony's crappy broken software. I was upset, but I wanted to voice all my oppionions fairly and with a good tone, and I feel I did so. In a few months, this thing might be ****ing killer, it just needs a little work to be good for everyone.

chunkywonky
September 8th, 2007, 20:03
hi anybody can u help me installing xandu when i play it it say game cant be read please
help thanx yeah i got version 3.40 on the psp

Johnny Rash
September 10th, 2007, 08:11
Screenshots look VERY good.
But I'll stick to the XMB player.
Is there a way to hide the file extensions while browsing?

donchan
September 12th, 2007, 05:46
why does everytime I press L/R to change track it is lagging? I am using 3.03OE hehehe

napalm613
September 15th, 2007, 13:59
Xandu,

The OGG files encoded with oggdropXPd @Q0 is not playing properly on this - it's playing at a much higher tempo than it should be. Would you mind to have a look at it?

Ghost DOG
September 20th, 2007, 08:23
Is this going to get updated? because i really like it, But it still needs a bit of improving.

/_[][]_\2.0
September 20th, 2007, 09:09
i tested it on my slim. no luck even with the eloader.
will there ever be a slim version?

Reflected_God
September 22nd, 2007, 20:32
Hi Xander.

I've discovered your homebrew aplication... and IS AWESOME!!!!
I was looking for an application that could reproduce ogg... and now my PSP is an iPOD!!

Thanks for this great work.

I'll be waiting for future versions.

superboysahil
September 28th, 2007, 10:03
didn't worked on official 3.71

KillACommy4Mommy
September 29th, 2007, 16:07
Hi, been trolling on here a little while now got my courage up. Umm, I've been trying to make this work 1.5 (i know i know i've used m33 before but it didnt really waggle for me). ANyways, Xandu, it's kxploited, i replaced the GAME patch (for 1.5) however, still no dice. I see the penguins and then it gives me the 'press start to restart'. Yes, the download is valid and no foreign characters. Also, i have at least 6 mp3s and they are in PSP/MUSIC. Any suggestions because I really love this program and want it to workkkkkk. Thanks

james9416
October 14th, 2007, 00:08
uh just one question, is there a way to make this work for the official 3.71 firmware or am i screwed?

punkonjunk
October 14th, 2007, 00:14
Yes, there is a way. Pandora's Battery.

boogschd
October 19th, 2007, 11:06
very nice work man!

-Xandu-
October 19th, 2007, 23:35
Some fan art I found today lying around in my Inbox. :p
http://uploader.nfresh.nl/images/550078ipsp.jpg
My thanks to PartyPooperX.

Shadow_Mourner
October 20th, 2007, 00:25
Are you going to change the gui to look like that :eek:

That would be awesome :)

xcjzerox
October 21st, 2007, 00:18
thanks for your hard work question thought i get a picture then it said to press start to restard and it keeps saying that what should i do

Blizz407
October 21st, 2007, 03:18
Nice themes and app

davanholmes
October 27th, 2007, 00:18
Wot File Do U Put It In To Get It Working And How Do U Run It

Ranmax09
October 27th, 2007, 00:48
Hey -Xandu-, could you please make this compatible with the Slim?

Thanks

nick48
October 27th, 2007, 04:45
I need help. I jus downloaded it and everytime I go to start up the media player, it says "This game cannot be started. (80020148)

D-Pak
October 28th, 2007, 04:14
make sure that you have the xmpbeta folder in
PSP/GAME150/

btw Xandu thanks for the great work with XMP.

I wanted to ask you one thing. I hear a screeching/crackling sound while changing from one song to another using the shoulder buttons. Is this a common problem or is there something wrong with my songs.

Its just that, XMP works awesome but when the song is going from one to another, there is this annoying sound.

-Xandu-
October 28th, 2007, 20:31
Yeah it's a small bug, will be fixed in.. XMP 3! :p

D-Pak
October 29th, 2007, 04:55
cool. would be awesome if the stuttering sound while changing songs is removed :)

ribenaboy
October 29th, 2007, 12:21
yes, that must be removed, its a music player after all
and also i can't find any fast forward button?

$habz
November 5th, 2007, 20:32
Hay You Guy's There Is Something Wrong With The Media Player Ipod Thing When I Click On It It Says "the Game Could Not Be Stared" But It's Not A Game. So Does Anyone Know What To Do.

zack_haha
January 20th, 2008, 10:33
HELP! It does not work on my 3.71 m33-3... It keeps saying error 80020148... I have try putting it on PSP/GAME150 and PSP/GAME but both doest work.. hep.. what should i do..

-Xandu-
January 20th, 2008, 21:06
HELP! It does not work on my 3.71 m33-3... It keeps saying error 80020148... I have try putting it on PSP/GAME150 and PSP/GAME but both doest work.. hep.. what should i do..

Make sure you have the 1.50 addon installed.

aiou
March 12th, 2008, 08:07
help!! it does no work on my 3.90 m33-2
It keeps saying error 80020148... I have try putting it on PSP/GAME150 and PSP/GAME but both doest work.. hep.. what should i do.. i have the 150 addon
and already change the kernel to 150
it doest work again
please help me....

aiou
March 12th, 2008, 08:08
or can you made patch for 3.90 m33-2
please
i will vote you....

aiou
March 12th, 2008, 08:31
pleaaseee heellllppp

No_one_in_particular
March 12th, 2008, 15:32
SHUT THE **** UP. Ask once, or **** off.

1.2d isn't the latest version, at least get that.

pspmodel1001
March 12th, 2008, 16:21
How do you get iTunes to connect to the psp. I have no clue. I would love if you tell me how.

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 18:12
You can't :)

Cloudy

-Xandu-
March 24th, 2008, 11:34
1.2d isn't the latest version, at least get that.
It isn't? I always thought it was :p.

Or else my uber cool private beta with coverflow, games compatibility and synced lyrics (karaoke) was leaked. Then it wouldn't be the latest.

No_one_in_particular
March 24th, 2008, 12:55
Well don't I look like a complete mong ?! LOL

In fairness I done a search - I must have presumed your Announcing Xandu's Media Player 2 (XMP2) (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61710) thread was the 2.0 version...:o

Either way, he still pissed me off. :rolleyes:

-Xandu-
March 24th, 2008, 13:17
Well don't I look like a complete mong ?! LOL

In fairness I done a search - I must have presumed your Announcing Xandu's Media Player 2 (XMP2) (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61710) thread was the 2.0 version...:o

Either way, he still pissed me off. :rolleyes:

Yeah well this is XMP 2 1.2d :p.

No worries ;).

aiou
March 26th, 2008, 14:27
WHO pissed who?????
HELP MEEEEEEE

-Xandu-
March 30th, 2008, 19:03
WHO pissed who?????
HELP MEEEEEEE
If you're using PSP Slim, load XMP via Dark Alex's Time Machine.

If you're using PSP, make sure you have the latest 1.50 Kernel addon installed.

www.dark-alex.org

ferromalo
May 23rd, 2008, 09:58
Dear Xandu: would it be possible to reprogram your XMP to include homebrew application COVERFLOW? It would be fantastic, from now on I put the application's link to you:

COVERFLOW (http://dl.qj.net/Coverflow-v2.5-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/16906/catid/151)

Thank you very much for your great appz :thumbup:

mastermind794
June 5th, 2008, 13:50
help always get an error cant play it it always says cannot start application and i followed every step... my CFW is 3.90m33-3 i dont know if it works so pls reply back thx..

7andwin
June 15th, 2008, 18:37
Don't know if this is already old, but you wrote

Now compatible with PSP Slim (PSP-2000) using Dark Alex's Time Machine (unconfirmed)

Well, I've tried it and it works ^^

pravesh
August 17th, 2008, 15:10
how to load XMP using time machine on slim my firmware is 4.01m33

kiore
August 26th, 2008, 10:31
Are you working on further versions, sorry if this has already been asked

chrisjokerx
November 22nd, 2008, 21:18
Hi im still kinda new and thanks Xandu on this lovely app, but im currently running 4.02 m33-2, will you ever make an update to support these latest version? anyway keep it up xD

ElectricHead87
December 10th, 2008, 05:53
hey xandu, thanks a lot for this app. i just tried it out and it kicks ass! if it wasn't for the few bugs i'd use this all the time

did you ever update it, get the the XMP 3 and fix all the bugs?

ElectricHead87
December 10th, 2008, 05:55
*subscribed to thread*

p6pe
December 15th, 2008, 09:25
i doesnt work on my psp with 5.00m33 firmware can you guys help me with this

kokumotsu
May 4th, 2009, 02:49
im having a problem, its not reading on my psp it keeps saying that the game could not be started, firmware 5.00 m33-6

axelsora
June 13th, 2009, 02:44
when i run the player, it just goes to the black screen and then shuts down the psp

firmware : 5.00 m33-6 , phat psp

any ideas?

thx

arie2u
November 22nd, 2009, 05:29
Not A Good Media Player. Just Not It.
People Move Forward Not Backward.
Pls Update Ur Apps For New Cfw.

arie2u
November 22nd, 2009, 05:30
because ppl live in cfw 5 or later.
see u in the future.