PDA

View Full Version : Wii production expansion delayed

wraggster
August 18th, 2007, 13:21
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/17/wii-production-expansion-delayed/)

You know that Wii shortage you were certain Nintendo would alleviate by now? We hate to inform you that plans to expand production on the console has been delayed due to their constrained supply of specific components, according to a report by Digitimes.

Though the goal was originally to have production ramped up starting this past June, the Taiwan component makers now expect the shortage woes to last through the end of the year. With Smash Bros. and Mario Galaxy almost guaranteed to move units this holiday season, it'll be such a tease (not to mention detrimental to Nintendo's bottom line) if the Wii is still, after over a year, impossible to find in stores.

mcdougall57
August 18th, 2007, 20:24
im expecting the wii to supass the 360 when those two games come out

Heero808
August 18th, 2007, 20:29
You wouldn't believe how much they price their wiis in hawaii.
$360 for the console. Good thing i bought it at a different store but it took me 2 weeks though.

Hypershell
August 18th, 2007, 20:44
Wow.

Man, I hope Nintendo really throws their weight behind manufacturing. Metroid Prime 3 is already being criticized due to Nintendo not advertising it as a system-seller, but you gotta wonder, what's the point of doing so if you can't find the system in stores in the first place? If the same happens with Galaxy and Brawl, it'll be a shame.

werpu
August 18th, 2007, 23:00
Wow.

Man, I hope Nintendo really throws their weight behind manufacturing. Metroid Prime 3 is already being criticized due to Nintendo not advertising it as a system-seller, but you gotta wonder, what's the point of doing so if you can't find the system in stores in the first place? If the same happens with Galaxy and Brawl, it'll be a shame.

No real shortages here in central Europe anymore and it has been like that for quite a while, the only shortage we have is Nintendos game releases... still waiting for the release of super paper mario here :-)