PDA

View Full Version : OMFG! Brainwave!

gdf
August 18th, 2007, 20:00
Building on Ex's VCS idea.......DCEmu Radio! How cool would it be to have like a podcast (or pspcast) every month with songs and skits with some games chat thrown in as well?! AWESOME, that's what it could be. If there was a team of a few: writers; editors; DJs......it would maybe work...

SnesR0X
August 18th, 2007, 20:06
lol, it's still a good idea, why didn't you just post in the other thread?

gdf
August 18th, 2007, 20:39
i was going to but i had the last post there. i thought more people would notice if it was a new thread rather than a crappy edit.

Cap'n 1time
August 19th, 2007, 00:46
A podcast maybe... but it's hard enough just keeping up with the news (if it wasnt for you guys submitting news wed be lost). Don't let me stop you though. If one of you pulls something off, and it's really cool we'd probably officially support it.

Anonymous D
August 19th, 2007, 00:53
you mean a podcast like the torrent freak one, mb just go throught the main stories with a bit of comment etc

edit:im using torrent freak as a podcast example not for any kinda ottrent asociations

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 00:58
sounds crazy yet ill support it

ExcruciationX
August 19th, 2007, 01:51
Interesting idea, gdf.

You'd have to update it every month, though.

Welshboy
August 19th, 2007, 02:50
A lot tends to happen in a month. A lot tends to happen weekly lately. In fact it's going so fast I've given up updating my PSP until it's necessary.

wolfpack
August 19th, 2007, 05:07
one of the songs on the dj list has to be "Dead puppies arent much fun, and Poisoning pidgeons in the park by Dr. Demento" that would be great :D

gdf
August 19th, 2007, 20:02
yeah i'll think about putting something together...

what if we had several hosts, each covering a different aspect of the show. one main games guy, and a couple more to provide different news regarding homebrew or whatever. there could be fake adverts, and other skits and stuff. COOL. i'll keep thinking...

Triv1um
August 19th, 2007, 21:34
I would do whatever I could do to help.

pt9087
August 19th, 2007, 22:35
My brothers a DJ but he wont help out lol! music maybe a bad i idea! many DCEmu Users have different styles and then conflicts will come!

gdf
August 19th, 2007, 23:52
it would have to be a mix, it would be like a sample of what some users enjoy, it wouldn't stick to one style. just no rihanna, unless it's a picture.....but that can't happen on the radio, so PLEASE no rihanna! or that prick mika.....or piss poor, me-too generic dance.......ha!

and thanks triv...i'm sure you'd be a big help.

hey we could have one member give a one track demo from their band each time, that would be cool.

parkermauney
August 20th, 2007, 02:42
The only song that plays should be midi songs like in all the gbc games.

LIEK OMG! 2,000th post!

gdf
August 20th, 2007, 11:48
nah that can be the theme tune...omg super mario- blip, blip, bli-blip bliiiiblipblip, bliblip bliblip blip blip blip bliiiiblip boufhghghykhkyiriy(sounds broken and fades out)....(Guitar continues in cheesy manner)

i just realised.....i don't know how to record it. how should i go about it...i don't have a good mic...

Cap'n 1time
August 20th, 2007, 15:56
Actually, if you wanted to do something cool you could go through and discuss some of the new homebrew releases every month. Often we don't/can't describe things enough in the news and great software goes unnoticed. Of course we'd expect you to review more than just PSP software as the DS, GP2x, and etc are also important. Once again, if you can pull off some quality stuff I could try to see to it that DCemu officially supports it.

gdf
August 20th, 2007, 16:01
yeah i was thinking along those lines. i'd need someone who actually followed each respective scene though.

gdf
August 22nd, 2007, 16:22
eh....bump!

anyone know how i should go about recording it?

Anonymous D
August 30th, 2007, 13:14
microphone into micorphone port? use something like audacity to capture it as well. works well on xp, vista not so but still works. but you ight need an adapter for the mike input

VampDude
August 30th, 2007, 14:59
eh....bump!

anyone know how i should go about recording it?

If you don't have a microphone you can always talk into the sound recorder on your cellphone then bluetooth it to your PC, my phone records in .wav format so it's easy to convert to .mp3 and so on.

gdf
August 30th, 2007, 16:39
My phone is like a calculator...

VampDude
August 30th, 2007, 16:47
My phone is like a calculator...

Oh yeah, I remember you posting a while back about buying it or something along those lines. You need a microphone then, you can get a cheap pair of headphones (that are quite good) with a microphone for £5 in Tesco.

gdf
August 30th, 2007, 17:10
Ah well, I might as well wait until next month.

ICE
August 30th, 2007, 17:54
why not just have a podcast and discuss homebrew news. you'd need more than one guy though or you're just talking to yourself..

gdf
August 30th, 2007, 19:22
That's the problem, none of my friends are into games really, and homebrew is a total no no. Unless each one was scripted or people just came and did their own sections it would never work.

ICE
August 30th, 2007, 19:30
yeah same here. only like one of my friends is a gamer and he doesnt do homebrew yet. we could have a member for each section we're gonna cover. someone long winded for psp lol

gdf
August 30th, 2007, 19:35
Maybe a couple of people on PSP duty, but we could also cover commercial games...