PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 3.52 M33-3 To Be Released Tommorow!

BelmontSlayer
August 18th, 2007, 22:09
Team M33 has announced that they plan to release the newest update to their firmware on August 19th. This version will finally allow the loading of UMD Videos via a memory stick! The rest of the changes are listed below...

What's New In M33-3:

Recovery Menu:
-Added new CPU speed settings - 75 and 133
-Added access to flash2 and flash3
-Added "vshmenu" which allows you to dump a UMD to the PC

XMB:
-Added support for UMD VIDEO iso (Use vshmenu for selection)

And:
-Support for 3.30 in popsloader

via PSPx.ru (http://www.pspx.ru/news/content/module/248/id/830/) (Translation by Nnemo (http://www.pspx.ru/forum/member.php?u=86969))

Digg This (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_3_To_Be_Released_Tommorow )

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_3_To_Be_Released_Tommorow

ExcruciationX
August 18th, 2007, 22:28
Awesome! :)

Sonicboy 101
August 18th, 2007, 22:32
Good news!

zheg_pagaza
August 18th, 2007, 22:34
great news
and to get this is necesary to upgrade first to 3.52 m33 2?

SnoopKatt
August 18th, 2007, 22:37
^Yeah you need 3.52 M33 to get this update.
Anyways, what is the flash2 and the flash3?

Veskgar
August 18th, 2007, 22:41
A popsloader update, an entirely new feature for the XMB to allow backing up UMD to PC, and the long desired UMD Video via MS support!

The M33 Hacking Team continues to deliver in a BIG way.

This is actually going to cause a surge in UMD Video sales. I only have 2 UMD Videos, but hearing this news, I want to go out and get more. The convenience of having them backed up to memory stick makes a big difference to me. I'm just a little concerned about size. I'm curious as to how big the UMD Video backups will be. I'll probably end up using a separate 4GB memory stick for for UMD Videos.

I guess its time to scour the bargain bins of all the retail stores that still sell them. I saw a bunch for $5.00 each at a GameStop a short while back.

Nothing beats PSP homebrew and the great contributors to the scene.

DarthPaul
August 18th, 2007, 22:42
Freaking awesome!
I've been waiting for this moment for so long.. Thanks for the news!

kjetil1991
August 18th, 2007, 22:59
wow! can i sleep tonight? wating for this!

Buddy4point0
August 18th, 2007, 23:06
awsome!!! m33 is great.
ill upgrade to this as soon as its out.
i donno about enabling flash 2 and 3.
sounds like noob brickage month to me

MicroNut
August 18th, 2007, 23:15
Sweet!

mcdougall57
August 18th, 2007, 23:18
no point not upgrading anymore cos it supports 3.30 pops

watupgroupie
August 18th, 2007, 23:18
awsome!!! m33 is great.
ill upgrade to this as soon as its out.
i donno about enabling flash 2 and 3.
sounds like noob brickage month to me
It's not used anyway. How could you brick using it?

yoshinatsu
August 18th, 2007, 23:36
It's not used anyway. How could you brick using it?

If it was not used there wouldn't be a reason for them to make it. What do flash2 and flash3 contain? Does anybody have info?
But really, it seems like on the best custom firmware updates of all times!! :p

blaz3d
August 18th, 2007, 23:37
isn't flash 2 and 3 the RAM?? wouldnt reccommend messing with it, just incase.

3.30 pops support?!?!?! does that mean that the game save format does not affect it anymore?! hope so, cant wait to give it a try

peace

yoshinatsu
August 18th, 2007, 23:38
"It's not about where you've been, it's about where your at"
Nice saying blaz3d! A little something for those people who post their PSP firmware history:D

ohnonotme
August 18th, 2007, 23:41
flash2 and 3 have no use....yet
they are completely empty
get usbsss and see for yourself

SpooForBrains
August 18th, 2007, 23:42
Ooh, ISO talk, and on the news page at that.

Tut, tut, tut. I am ashamed.

blackrave
August 18th, 2007, 23:54
I've been looking forward to updates from M33, and this is definitely worthy enough for me. Thanks for the news. :)

CaptainMorgan4
August 19th, 2007, 00:07
Yeah this is good news, I'm ready to upgrade to get these new features.

ab88
August 19th, 2007, 00:13
If it was not used there wouldn't be a reason for them to make it. What do flash2 and flash3 contain?

They are not used in Custom Firmware at all. Only in official Playstation emulation by the non-hacked sony POPs loader. And even then only one of those is used, the other is yet to be seen mentioned in any PRX file.

isn't flash 2 and 3 the RAM?? wouldnt reccommend messing with it, just incase. It's not RAM. This is a flash partition on the same NAND not an entirely new storage space. In fact I believe one of them could fit the location free player just nicely.

yoshinatsu
August 19th, 2007, 00:27
They are not used in Custom Firmware at all. Only in official Playstation emulation by the non-hacked sony POPs loader. And even then only one of those is used, the other is yet to be seen mentioned in any PRX file.

It's not RAM. This is a flash partition on the same NAND not an entirely new storage space. In fact I believe one of them could fit the location free player just nicely.

Why? Would you use it anyway?:p

yoshinatsu
August 19th, 2007, 00:29
Ooh, ISO talk, and on the news page at that.

Tut, tut, tut. I am ashamed.

Gosh, I've seen you hundeds of times speaking about anti-ISO and anti-piracy generally...
Don't be so obsessed, are you a lawyer or something?:confused:

PS: Sorry for the double post :(

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 00:32
really, i like the update ill wait for it XD
and about iso's.... who cares!!! just dont talk on where to get them or how to rip them..or anykind of help what-so-ever

yoshinatsu
August 19th, 2007, 00:40
and about iso's.... who cares!!!
*COUGH* *COUGH*

just dont talk on where to get them or how to rip them..or anykind of help what-so-ever
How to rip them?!?!?!?!?!?
You have are 100% legal when you rip your own copy of a game or whatever for PERSONAL use. ISOs are faster. And not using the UMD drive saves battery. And some people have broken UMD drives. All those people are not illegal.

emuking
August 19th, 2007, 00:51
WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE PLEASE!
BECAUSE WE ARE PIRATES!
lmao good update :)

yoshinatsu
August 19th, 2007, 00:57
WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE PLEASE!
BECAUSE WE ARE PIRATES!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHH!!!!!
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I'M A PIRATE AND I LIKE IT! AT LAST SOMEONE WHO LOVES PIRATING!!:p

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 00:59
everyone does it, even me... but shhhh....... >.> <.< >.>

zheg_pagaza
August 19th, 2007, 01:06
freak out!!

carlitx
August 19th, 2007, 01:12
wtf is flash 3?

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 01:15
another storage in the flash

yoshinatsu
August 19th, 2007, 01:16
everyone does it, even me... but shhhh....... >.> <.< >.>

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
-----------------------------------------------------

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wraggster
August 19th, 2007, 01:19
No Piracy Talk Whatsoever

SnoopKatt
August 19th, 2007, 01:33
You are a pirate!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3AzpByR3MvI

masamune
August 19th, 2007, 01:38
Man I wish they would make their firmware compatible with the gta cheatdevices, thats all I use... still at 3.03 oe-c and there I shall remain seemingly till the end of time... :)

blackrave
August 19th, 2007, 01:41
masamune; you can always use CWCheat. ;)
But is that the only thing keeping you from upgrading? :eek:

Nicko01
August 19th, 2007, 01:48
And some people have broken UMD drives.
That sounds just like my situation... I own a ton of umd's yet my drive is broken.

m_d_uk
August 19th, 2007, 02:06
Man I wish they would make their firmware compatible with the gta cheatdevices, thats all I use... still at 3.03 oe-c and there I shall remain seemingly till the end of time... :)

why dont you upgrade and run cheatdevice in 3.03 using devhook ;)

Classic80s
August 19th, 2007, 02:30
Lol at people still going DARK_ALEX 4 LYFE LONG LIVE 3.40 OE

Ok.

pspandrew2006
August 19th, 2007, 02:52
OoOoOo I can`t wait for this update to come out im upgrading as soon as it come`s out.

masamune
August 19th, 2007, 03:15
masamune; you can always use CWCheat. ;)
But is that the only thing keeping you from upgrading? :eek:

well yeah, gta lcs and vcs are the only games I own/play on psp other than socom... its seems all the newer custom fw only focus on iso's and how many different ways you can use them... indeed I could just use devhook but its not worth the effort to do all that when I would gain nothing else from upgrading... although it is interesting to see what else they can do with their fw :)

pt9087
August 19th, 2007, 03:16
Im not a fan of M33, but this is different! i will be updating to M33-3 when its out! :thumbup:

ab88
August 19th, 2007, 03:49
Why? Would you use it anyway?:p

You are quite correct I wouldn't use it (We have PIMP Streamer) But some people might need it, and it is nice to add it without deleting other things.:)

That sounds just like my situation... I own a ton of umd's yet my drive is broken.
Sadly I too have a broken drive in the PSP in my car (Music and GPS). Got it for 150 when they were still 250 more than a year ago, so no real loss here.

Joe88
August 19th, 2007, 04:58
now I can play that silent hill special video umd video I have...

watupgroupie
August 19th, 2007, 08:07
For everyone wondering about the flash 2 and 3, they are currently doing nothing and probably only backup, just in case. Which obviously hasn't happened. No it is not RAM and there is no possible brickage if you have a brain what so-ever. I personally have no use at all for this umd video iso player and personally would wish people would put some effort towards a video player with some bigger codecs like avi and mpeg or in fact a list of all the ones like in vlc media player. In my opinion that would be the only thing thats missing currently on my psp, or better yet incorporate it into the firmware which is probably impossible but i can dream.

goliath182
August 19th, 2007, 08:56
I personally have no use at all for this umd video iso player and personally would wish people would put some effort towards a video player with some bigger codecs like avi and mpeg or in fact a list of all the ones like in vlc media player.
I agree an XviD Player incorporated in PSP firmware would be Awesome.

SpooForBrains
August 19th, 2007, 10:31
Gosh, I've seen you hundeds of times speaking about anti-ISO and anti-piracy generally...
Don't be so obsessed, are you a lawyer or something?:confused:

PS: Sorry for the double post :(

Not at all. I think the anti-ISO talk rule is stupid and short-sighted. I'm not anti-piracy either, although I acknowledge that it's important for big-name sites to maintain an anti-piracy stance to cover themselves legally. That part makes perfect sense.

However, a blanket ban on ISO talk, especially when using ISOs is a key part of using popstation, which is, of course, talked about effusively all over the site, is very silly. Yes, ISOs can be used for piracy, but so can memory sticks. Shall we ban memory stick talk?

Backing up your own legally owned UMDs to memory stick and running them that way is only sensible IMO, and constitutes fair use. The only reason it's illegal is under the DMCA, which, lets be honest, makes nearly EVERYTHING illegal, including running custom firmware in the first place.

So, every time I see ISO talk here go unchallenged, I make a point of mentioning it, because if the no ISO talk rule is enforced properly then a lot of threads on this site would have to go, meaning perhaps wraggy or whoever might consider relaxing the rule.

adamos22
August 19th, 2007, 10:50
there is that upgrade from M33

http://files.filefront.com//;8350531;;/

Gabba Gandalf
August 19th, 2007, 11:12
realy cool ^^ :thumbup: now i can save my damaged 8 mile umd :-)

wraggster
August 19th, 2007, 20:32
hmm that digg addon seems to have messed this up a bit, die thread die

SpooForBrains
August 19th, 2007, 23:13
hmm that digg addon seems to have messed this up a bit, die thread die

Looks fine to me ...

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 00:29
Is anyone else experiencing the same bug in 3.52 M33-3 as me, I can't get the XMB to go 333mhz even though it's selected in the recovery menu. I'm using PRXInfo plugin to view my mhz speed (and battery and etc) in the XMB and it won't go 333 in "M33-3" but worked fine in "M33-2"?

xg917
August 20th, 2007, 02:27
is there a setting in the vshmenu to set clock speed? if so, check it

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 02:32
if there is then i didnt see it. It works for me

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 04:23
You actually have a plugin or something that shows you your clock speed, I've been using PRXInfo 0.1 to see my battery levels and clock speed (hasn't failed me once in months). I can get 333 in the XMB in M33-2 but not this update, I even recovered to 1.5 then back to M33-2 then to this and still the same problem. The only way I know how to set the clock speed is through the Recovery Menu, I've set it over and over and it says it's 333 in the XMB and for UMD/ISO's (just like in the past), but for some reason it won't go to 333 anymore, HELP??