PDA

View Full Version : Yabause 0.8.6 Released

BlueCrab
August 19th, 2007, 02:06
Its been less than two months, yet there's already a new release of Yabause. Today, the Yabause team released Yabause 0.8.6 for all platforms that it supports (Dreamcast included). This version is a bugfix release, and really doesn't include any new Dreamcast-related optimizations.

As for general fixes, there was a change to the 68k core to make it so that the emulator doesn't crash if for some reason a game jumps to an invalid address. There were also a few fixes in the VDP1 core, most importantly however was a fix for a bug that caused local coordinate commands not to be executed.

Anyway, you can download it from here (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89991&package_id=94504&release_id=533041).

Dull Blade
August 19th, 2007, 06:10
Thanks for the update, your work has no gone unappreciated. It feels nice to say that the DC houses the best saturn emulator out of all the consoles. See DC still == #1

аlex
August 19th, 2007, 14:51
Emulator very slow, 3-6 fps, no sound. :(
2 BlueCrab
will in the near future be new versions of emulator Sega Saturn for Dreamcast? :)
And possible do emulator playble for Dreamcast?

I_Highway
August 19th, 2007, 17:02
great work, BlueCrab, we still count on you!

BlueCrab
August 19th, 2007, 17:06
Emulator very slow, 3-6 fps, no sound. :(
2 BlueCrab
will in the near future be new versions of emulator Sega Saturn for Dreamcast? :)
And possible do emulator playble for Dreamcast?
As I said, there have been no dreamcast-related enhancements since the last version, so it still runs that speed. ;) Also, as for sound, it doesn't make much sense to enable it until the rest of the emulator runs full speed. Sound will be HORRIBLE if the emulator is not running full speed, hence why its not enabled (it is being emulated by the way, just not output).

Anyway, to answer your question, yes I will continue to update Yabause, but whether or not it is feasible to see a full-speed version any time soon, I don't know. It will certainly require a lot more time than I have to put into it at the moment, but it is something I'd like to see.

ron
August 20th, 2007, 13:16
Thanks a lot.

Waiting for next release...

Elven6
August 22nd, 2007, 16:59
The thing is none of this has been made for the Dramcast architecture, hopefully it will be in the future so we could get some decent speeds.

Nitrosoxide
August 31st, 2007, 18:12
Saturn emulation on Dreamcast would probably be the coolest emulation project ever accomplished. Let me say I been following all sorts of stuff since I first got my hands on the internet, and let me say that I haven't been this attracted to a project.

I'm a dreamcast fan, but I'll go right ahead and admit I didn't get one until probably the last year Sega was still making them.

You see Sega had pissed me off into not getting the Saturn with the 32X, which I believed I had purchased for the very reason of making it so I wouldn't have to buy another console for awhile.

But, I was a Sega fan at heart and being a young kid I assumed that the DC would play all those Saturn Games I missed out . In fact, I remember going to the store and having the new console in my hand as well as a couple Saturn games I wished to play, as not many Dreamcast games that were on the shelf interested me at the time.

It broke my heart when the store manger informed me that DC wasn't able to run them, unlike the upcoming PS2, which could also run all Playstation games. My Dad and the clerk and I discussed it, and agreed that the best choice would be to wait for the PS2 because it would be like getting "two systems for the price of one" and plus I would have a whole slew of PSX games to choose from even if the launch titles didn't get my interest.

Sega I'm sure wished it could have included saturn emulation as the launch library would have been quite something.
And believe me even all these years later if somebody like you could accomplish this, it would still mean a great deal to the Sega fan inside me.

Nitrosoxide
August 31st, 2007, 20:11
Oh and one other thing.

If you having any trouble with certain aspects of the Saturn , why not try contacting some of the team members of the infamous Sonic Xtreme game for Saturn. These guys worked for Sega Technical Institute so perhaps they might have a few bits of info.

Chris Senn, director of the project, currently is helping out with Project S and usually hangs around the Development Forums. (http://www.senntient.com/forums/index.php) He was mostly a art guy but I'm sure he might be able to help a bit. Plus, he is the easiest to contact and posting on that forum should get you a response pretty fast.

Then there's the Senntinet Fourms, and while Chris mostly hangs at the Development forums hxc should be able to help you. While not a staffer hxc has been known to be in contact with a good deal of the staff. Just mention his name in the topic.

In the senntinet forums
Chris Coffin, the coder for the game also sometimes checks here. But, as of yet haven't.

hxc also, has a account on assemblergames (http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/member.php?u=4530). So you could also try PMing him there or at Sonic Cult.

Perhaps, he can help you make contact with some of the guys. The guys from Sonic Xtreme have known to be a fairly generous bunch, releasing tons of concept art videos and giving many interviews.

PS: don't let the sites lackluster activity fool you, its worth giving it a try. Especially in the development forums, since remember most of the activity is in the closed part of the forum.