PDA

View Full Version : new to mapthis v.5?

yenracer
August 19th, 2007, 05:48
man i really do appreciate this app. this has got to be one of the best app i've used and i give props to the creators of mapthis and gmdl.

anywho back to my question. i am still trying this out and have not been disappointed and was wondering if it was possible to make a route from say like my hometown arlington, tx to travel to see my friends up in kansas city missouri. i sorta know how you make a map and directions and put the directions inside the folder of the map that you just made. but wouldn't it be impossible to fit all the terrains i pass to get to my destination. is there a method you can do this because a 4 gb sandisk will not store all that info to direct me to kc, missouri?

thanks again for your input and help and have a nice day. :D

deniska
August 19th, 2007, 07:03
you can select the zoom range in advanced mode of gmdl... set min zoom to 2-3 and you'll end up with much smaller map..

yenracer
August 19th, 2007, 08:11
cool deniska, i'll try it out and thanks for the quick reply.

HE3HAYKA
October 1st, 2007, 00:56
thanks a lot for this release. it still crashes sometimes while zooming maps (w/ & w/o GPS).
some config strings from previous versions are not available in v0.5.
also "startupmap" doesn't work for me.

PSP 3.40 OE-A, PSP290

deniska
October 1st, 2007, 03:56
thanks a lot for this release. it still crashes sometimes while zooming maps (w/ & w/o GPS).
some config strings from previous versions are not available in v0.5.
also "startupmap" doesn't work for me.

PSP 3.40 OE-A, PSP290
-Have you tried 0.501 with CFW3.51-2(4)?
It has not crashed on me just yet...
-make sure your startupmap does not have ^M at the end (any windoes editor would put one in...

HE3HAYKA
October 1st, 2007, 07:28
-Have you tried 0.501 with CFW3.51-2(4)?
It has not crashed on me just yet...
-make sure your startupmap does not have ^M at the end (any windoes editor would put one in...

- V0.501 - is the "1 year addition" or there is a newer version you're talking about?
- it means I have to upgrade to 3.5(X). Where to find a stable one, which worked for you? And which one is better (X=1, 2, 3 or 4)
- my startupmap string looks like: "STARTUPMAP=_NAME". What do I do wrong? btw It worked so in previous releases 0.4X

PDG
October 1st, 2007, 09:27
- V0.501 - is the "1 year addition" or there is a newer version you're talking about?
- it means I have to upgrade to 3.5(X). Where to find a stable one, which worked for you? And which one is better (X=1, 2, 3 or 4)
- my startupmap string looks like: "STARTUPMAP=_NAME". What do I do wrong? btw It worked so in previous releases 0.4X

Im running 3.52 M33-4 on all my PSP units exept for my Slim that is running 3.71 M33 and all works fine with MapThis v0.5 i havent installed the v0.51 yet ;)

Both my TA Mobo PSP and my older Mobo fatties runs great.