PDA

View Full Version : Team M33 is back | 3.52 M33-3 Released!

Pages : [1] 2

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 11:27
Via Team M33 (http://m-33.narod.ru)

The famous Russian coders are back with another release,this time we got the Custom Firmware 3.52 M33 version 3! With some great changes to look for.

Spread this News (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_3_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_3_Released

What's new:

- Added more speeds: 75 and 133.
- Added flash2 and flash3 usb to recovery
- Added a setting in recovery to change the usb device to which XMB will connect.
- Added "vshmenu", which is a menu that will appear when HOME is pressed in the XMB. It will interfere with existing
XMB plugins that use HOME, so it can be disabled in recovery.
- Added umd video iso support. The umd video isos are playes using vshmenu. Video isos go in
/ISO/VIDEO folder. They require an UMD inserted because NO-UMD does not work.

Changes in popsloader:

- Support for 3.30 firmware. Instructions are same as in previous release, except 3.30
firmware did not have libpspvmc.prx, so just ignore that file.
- Warning: There is an incompatibility between 3.30 savedata and later ones. If a savedata exists from 3.40+, the emulator will freeze.

Some notes about the usage of vshmenu, and umd video isos:

- vshmenu cannot be loaded when the browser is active. If you exit the browser, the firmware will
still keep it in memory until you enter other area of xmb, until you do so, you will not be able
to access vshmenu again either.
- video isos and the game isos show in xmb use the same core. Due to this, when you enter in game
menu and there is some iso, if a video iso was currently mounted, it will automatically be unmounted.

- cso format is not supported for video isos.

- UMD audio isos are theoretically supported, but not tested. They go to /ISO/VIDEO.

Spread this News (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_3_Released)

Update at your own risk, we are not responsible to what happens to your psp using this!

DCEmu suggest that you clear the cach from both you p.c. and psp before running. We have had reports that your psp may get brick if it has visited certain blacklisted sites (PS3news.com). DCEmu is not a black listed site.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

goliath182
August 19th, 2007, 11:35
Looks good downloading Now

mikebeaver
August 19th, 2007, 11:47
glad to see M33 are fully supporting Team Wildc*rd in their action against sh*tnews.

Also, great news to see they are improving the firmware still, Thanks M33 :)

urherenow
August 19th, 2007, 11:49
I can understand these people are pissed off but this : Not respecting the license will bring the PSP to BRICK, because the program will refuse to run

is totally uncool and I'm frankly quite surprised to see such nonsence posted on dcemu.

wraggster
August 19th, 2007, 11:51

wraggster
August 19th, 2007, 11:52
removed that ps3news rubbish, the less we talk about the idiots the more people will ignore them

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 11:56
Wow my bad,I didn't know that would make people mad..

Geez,I didn't notice that new feature.. that I can choose which USB to connect through the XMB's icon! That's awesome,that means that I won't have to go to recovery to access the Flash0 through USB,uh? Amazing!

Oh,another thing..I saw that the new speeds[75,133] are only on the M33 VSHMenu prx,they're not in my Recovery Menu.

yoshinatsu
August 19th, 2007, 11:57
SUPER Cool!!! :p
This custom firmware update ROCKS!!!
Thanks to our new coding team :)
All hail M33!!

MicroNut
August 19th, 2007, 12:11
Sweet.
Watching Ren and Stimpy Vol.1 from the memory stick now.
Love the new home menu.
AWESOME!
(Would love to see reboot, sleep and power down added)

TrUeJaY
August 19th, 2007, 12:28
Hi, can someone please help me.

I would really appreciate it if someone could helpme update my popsloader and send me those plugins to me from decrypting the firmware as i don't know how to: -

Extract the following prx of a firmware: /kd/popsman.prx, /kd/pops.prx, /vsh/modules/libpspvmc.prx and /vsh/modules/pafmini.prx and copy them to /seplugins/popsloader/ with names like popsman3XX, pops3XX.prx, libpspvmc3XX.prx, pafmini3XX.prx, where XX is 40, 51, or 52.

Please Help

Thanks;)

junaed
August 19th, 2007, 12:35
Please can u help me....don't know how to install this!!! I'm still on 3.40 oe and want 3.52 m33-3. do i just run this update??

Paho
August 19th, 2007, 12:38
This seems really nice! I've got one question tho. Im using 3.51 M33-7, can i just update to this version directly or must i update all the other previous updates first?

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 12:43
This seems really nice! I've got one question tho. Im using 3.51 M33-7, can i just update to this version directly or must i update all the other previous updates first?

Please can u help me....don't know how to install this!!! I'm still on 3.40 oe and want 3.52 m33-3. do i just run this update??

Install 3.52 M33 first,then this.

John Vattic
August 19th, 2007, 12:52
i'd try this but there is something fishy about it.

i'll pass until i see the averge number of bricks.

:D

Gold Line
August 19th, 2007, 13:00
This is great a bunch of new options to play with

jay641
August 19th, 2007, 13:04
Finally updated from 3.40 OE and works great!

Decided to update because of the new vshmenu, means i don't have to go into recovery to change clock speed and other stuff.

Thanks M33!

junaed
August 19th, 2007, 13:05
i'm trying to install 3.52 m33 but its still 'writing 3.52 firmware...' been like this for 6mins!!!

Anger
August 19th, 2007, 13:07
i hate to say this but this update is going to brick a LOT of peoples psp's.

let me explain, this is from the license:
'You are an active forum member of a criminal site.'
i was once a member of THAT site but i got banned from there however does it mean if i even go to the site by accident i will get bricked???

'You downloaded this software from a criminal site.'
how do we know exactly what defines a criminal site???? i do know of the site that they mean but thats wwwaaayyyy to open to interpretation.

this one will stop coders that make good mods of custom firmwares:
'You use stolen source code in your psp program (or your parody of program). In this case, both, the application and the stealer are banned.'
theres just too many possible ways to get banned and hence bricked. it can happen even by accident and you wouldnt even know it until your bricked.

i dont know about you but i cannot accept this license, and if you all were smart you wouldnt either. im not demeaning there work but there going too far by deliberatly bricking machines with ANY links to sites they define as illegal. i understand FULLY there reasons for this but its just not acceptable to brick other peoples psp's. i CANNOT support this, so please wildcard continue your work, or m33 take back the possible bricking - thats just not right, there are better ways.

junaed
August 19th, 2007, 13:09
Yo still says the same thing!! I know its not supposed to take this long!

junaed
August 19th, 2007, 13:13
What a ****ing piece of shit. i think i'll stick to my 3.40 oe. bloody thing takes far to long!!!

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 13:14
Lol junaed be patient. The installation time depends on your Memory Stick,give it some more minutes.
Mine installed like in 1-2 minutes though..

TrUeJaY
August 19th, 2007, 13:35
can you stop the installation in between?
What will happen ... how do u go back to ur previous one?

TrUeJaY
August 19th, 2007, 13:38
Yo Junaed, what firmware are you on now?
DO u know how to install them plugins for the poploader?

karsha
August 19th, 2007, 13:54
updated from 352_M33_2 ---> 352_M33_3. Sucks... just BRICKED my psp... GRRR red light, memory flashes, black screen. wtf........????

TrUeJaY
August 19th, 2007, 13:59
how did u brick it?

karsha
August 19th, 2007, 14:02
how did i brick it???
good question.. F knows
cant get back to recovery mode. pulled battery out..

karsha
August 19th, 2007, 14:03
apart from the obvious "buy a new one" and no sarcastic remarks, any suggestions?

John Vattic
August 19th, 2007, 14:07
Updated no prob:D good new features but, it's just the fact that there is something in it that will brick people's psp's. That just leaves me uncomfortable with my current psp.

!Yes this will brick a crapload of psp's, and not from the reason's mentioned in the license. It will be from people(noobs) not aware that ps3news is a shady site. Alot of innocent psp's will die from this:(
Good software, not so good decesion.

Like attacking Iraq when the saudi's we're way more guilty. Bonehead George Bush mentality:D but from russians? c'mon

still great work! though will advise noobs against this update.

TrUeJaY
August 19th, 2007, 14:10
what do you mean about the ps3news site?
Please explain properly on how and why the psp will brick?
thanks

ALTIMITHacker
August 19th, 2007, 14:10
Nice to see their trying but it seems their still too far behind compared to Team Wildcard. Oh well, its always good to see competition.

Safari Al
August 19th, 2007, 14:19
Yes finally i like the usb change thing!

*downloads*

Dutt
August 19th, 2007, 14:21
yep mine bricked to...damn...
is there anyway to run recovery eboot without recovery mode working?

I bootup...memory light flashes then stops and green power light just stays on and thats where it stays...

John Vattic
August 19th, 2007, 14:28
This is bad:D

very bad:thumbup:

Spyzius
August 19th, 2007, 14:28
when you bricked does recovery meniu working?

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 14:30
This is bad:D

very bad:thumbup:

Lol and why the smiles?

MicroNut
August 19th, 2007, 14:36
I've watched Ren and Stimpy Vol. 1
& Sin City with some problems.

I did run into a few small snags

1) After about 15 minutes I got some jittery video playback and then a crash of the videos.
I did re-dump the video strait to memory card with the same result.
I am going to try another dump method.
NewUMD vs. USBSSS

2) Swapping out UMD games when a UMD Video was mounted.
I received a game cannot be played because it is wrong region... it is not.
I rebooted the psp and it was fine again.

Testing playback on two psp's.
One with counterfeit ebay memory card, one with official Sony.

I only own these 2 UMD movies.
Maybe its time to buy more :P

3) To avoid bricking your psp,
If you think you might be on "the list",
There is a way to avoid being bricked...
Dont edit the source

UPDATE:
I was using New UMD Dumper and getting major playback problems.
I tried using USB-SSS and now everything seems to ok.
I changed the ISO mode between M33 and ISO9660... didnt seem to make any difference.
Tested the movies listed above.
Sony 4gb stick performed as well as the 2gb counterfeit card.

Dont use New UMD Dumper
USB-SSS (http://s3phir0th115.googlepages.com/UMD.html) seems like a good choice.

Spyzius
August 19th, 2007, 14:45
I check in http://m-33.narod.ru/
team m33 not released 3.52 m33-3 yet

m_d_uk
August 19th, 2007, 14:46
I check in http://m-33.narod.ru/
team m33 not released 3.52 m33-3 yet

its on the pspx.ru forum...

Also, i think it may be worth editing the first post to mention the ps3lamers site - may prevent bricks.

zoson
August 19th, 2007, 14:49
I upgraded without issue/brick. I've never visited ps3news so GOOD FOR ME. ;)
Read the readme, they tell you how to prevent getting bricked.

Just an FYI for people:
VSHMenu is not compatible with vshanalog.prx. Vshanalog will override the home menu button and continue functioning as normal though. VSHMenu will not function.

The file IS on the M33 site, it's on the left side of the list below M33 3.52 original.

Psphreak
August 19th, 2007, 14:51
its on the pspx.ru forum...

Also, i think it may be worth editing the first post to mention the ps3lamers site - may prevent bricks.

So basically, don't download the one from that site right?

m_d_uk
August 19th, 2007, 14:52
So basically, don't download the one from that site right?

Its not just that - if you have ps3news in your PSP's browser cache too.

Sonicboy 101
August 19th, 2007, 14:58
This is awesome news - great features added to make me wipe the dust from my psp.
Thanks Team M33! :thumbup:

John Vattic
August 19th, 2007, 15:06
i smile because mine works fine. i only trust dcemu for my news.:thumbup: (some of us do miss shadowprophet!!!!)

i also smile because i'm hiccupping drunk:D and have to go to work in an hour. coffee ma friend:thumbup:

but yeah nut,
ican't get my video to work properly, same problems. did you have custom theme? may downgrade and re upgrade clean "ideal" m33
i'll try more settings at work, time permitting.

kaosu
August 19th, 2007, 15:31
Hey Dcemu. I remember when DAX quit. I thought it was over for us. M33 is so awesome for alleviating these fears

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 15:45
Hey Dcemu. I remember when DAX quit. I thought it was over for us. M33 is so awesome for alleviating these fears

Dark_AleX is back.

Safari Al
August 19th, 2007, 15:46
M33 was designed to be a program to be shared with all PSP homebrew community.
Because we have noticed that there is rubbish inside the community, we have
the rights of making our application NOT TO WORK for certain people or organizations,
in order to protect our rights, the rigths of legitimate homebrew developers, and
the PSP homebrew community.

Because of the nature of the program, which starts with the system, the refuse of
the program to work means too the unability to start the psp device, a.k.a. BRICK.
Our software doesn't contain any malicious code, but code to refuse to start in
those cases, which is legitimate since it is our work.
If you don't agree to this term, you are not allowed to use this software.

^This scares me for others. Some one explain this part of the Liscense.txt!

Sonicboy 101
August 19th, 2007, 15:48
I honestly don't get this
so it might brick my psp? why?

TrUeJaY
August 19th, 2007, 15:51
Dark_AleX is back.

where is he?

masamune
August 19th, 2007, 15:58
indeed how can this brick your psp, these updates only flash a few files and take only a few seconds... either the code is screwy or people are doing something wrong... I've read every post (and double post :) ) in this thread and came across a few bricks, but how?... Not that I'm ever going to use this, but still its lame to see people brick.

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 16:00
where is he?

There.

`The0n3
August 19th, 2007, 16:05
Team M33 is now offically up there with dark alex now in my book. Umd video support is even something he couldnt get in his firmwares, they are now the better coders definately, but dark alex invented the custom firmware so he is still the supreme psp coder. woo

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 16:06
Dark_AleX is back.

really??? when??? im lost here:confused:

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:06
Dark_AleX is not 'back'.

mike_jmg
August 19th, 2007, 16:08
Question, Do I need to have installed the 3.52m33-2 update, or can I go straight from the first one?

I like the thing about video umds from ms but the bricks, and someone saying it's buggy are making me think about it twice before updating

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:11
No. Update 3 is a cumulative update, containing the updates 1 and 2. Also, it is not buggy.

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:12
Dark_alex was never gone.

try that one on.

adn i think M33 is still a bunch of cocky A**holes. They think they can boss everyone around, and now they have intentionally made a bricker for PSPs, yet people still support them.

they say that they did this, to protect the homebrew community, F*ck them. If they wanted to protect homebrew users they wouldnt make something that could brick your PSP.

they need a reality check.

Their firmware is good, but their attitude sucks, which is one reason many dot want to update to it.

E.J.
August 19th, 2007, 16:15
I really respect M-33 Team, the are awesome coders, but all this thing about bricking people's PSPs sounds wrong to me.

I ask myself..., if they think they have the *right* to brick your PSP for visiting X or Y site, what stops them from bricking your psp whenever they want?, its like living with fear and i don't like that, i already have enough things to worry about.

I know some stories about *that* site and the assholes administering it, still there are a lot of people unaware of the fight between homebrew factions and they trust coders like M-33 Team to do the right thing, i think they will be very disapointed when their PSPs get bricked because of ignorance.

Its a shame, if Team M-33 keeps doing this i'll have to stop supporting them.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:16
Dark_alex was never gone.
He is gone. Get over it.

adn i think M33 is still a bunch of cocky A**holes.
No, that would be you.

They think they can boxx everyone around, adn now they have intentionaly made a bricker for PSPs, yet people still support them.
I have updated, and have no brick. Coincidence? No.
This is not a bricker. Stop stirring, and spreading rumors.

they say that they did this, to protect the homebrew community, F*ck them.
Sites such as PS3News don't deserve to be respected. Do research before you start bitching.

If they wanted to protect homebrew users they wouldnt make something that could brick your PSP.
If it bricked your PSP, it's your fault for not reading the Terms and Conditions, etc. Any application that access' the flash0/1 can potentially brick your PSP.

they need a reality check.
Once again, that would be you.

Their firmware is good, but their attitude sucks, which is one reason many dot want to update to it.
Their attitude towards the leaker's, and people like you is totally correct. They shouldn't have to put up with people like you.

mike_jmg
August 19th, 2007, 16:19
We give our support to Team Wilcard and condemn the actions of the leakers/thieves.

As facts are better than words, this program may refuse to work on your system if you:

- Downloaded it from ps3news.
- You are an active member of that forums's page.
- You visit frequently that page.

In last case, and only last case, the problem will be fixed if you delete browser cache of both,
psp and pc, and stop visiting that site.

Other cases of BAN are described in the LICENSE.TXT.
Not respecting the license will bring the PSP to BRICK, because the program will refuse to run.

WTF?
Who in their right minds puts a thing that might brick your psp on an update if you have cache form a certain website?

(guess This might be the reason of the bricking)

also, is it dcemu ps3news or another site????
and if I visited it once like a month ago to see what it was, can I still be in danger????

This is simply nuts, It should just not let you update, not brick

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:21
WTF?
Who in their right minds puts a thing that might brick your psp on an update if you have cache form a certain website?
If you have never visited those websites, then you have nothing to worry about.

(guess This might be the reason of the bricking)
You think?

also, is it dcemu ps3news or another site????
PS3News, and some other minor sites. DCEmu is fine.

and if I visited it once like a month ago to see what it was, can I still be in danger????
I'm sure you'll be fine.

This is simply nuts, It should just not let you update, not brick
If you support PS3News, you deserve it.

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 16:23
I really respect M-33 Team, the are awesome coders, but all this thing about bricking people's PSPs sounds wrong to me.

I ask myself..., if they think they have the *right* to brick your PSP for visiting X or Y site, what stops them from bricking your psp whenever they want?, its like living with fear and i don't like that, i already have enough things to worry about.

I know some stories about *that* site and the assholes administering it, still there are a lot of people unaware of the fight between homebrew factions and they trust coders like M-33 Team to do the right thing, i think they will be very disapointed when their PSPs get bricked because of ignorance.

Its a shame, if Team M-33 keeps doing this i'll have to stop supporting them.

You're so right there. The bolded text is always in my mind. Actually,I was talking about that with my friend last week. These unknown russian coders,we don't know where they are right now,no one knows who they are,or how they are. I was talking with my friend about something similar to this.. "They are unknown coders. And the russian guys are known to do terrorist jobs and stuff..what if their weird firmware,with a weird subliminal code[333333] is a bricker or something? What if one day they just get pissed off and do something with all the PSPs using their firmware.."
I took that as a joke,but now this is becoming real..

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:24
no he isnt gone, DAX will never be 'gone' h will be gone, as on he will not code any more, but he will always be here, through his firmwares.

no, m33 are, they tell sites that to host thier files, they must donate, they tell other coders that they may not reverse their code, even though they did that to DAX, and now they have made it so anyone who has ever visted ps3news, even if they didnt do it on prpose, that they brick.

I;m not stirring rumors, they themselves said it, it will brick any PSP that has visited that site, or anyother site they have added without telling.

hows making something that can brick yor PSP, on purpose, protecting the hb community, especialy for people who do say, google searches, and go to ps3news b/c it was on the list.

I;m not talking about it bricking from flashing, I;m talking about coding it to brick.

err no, I;m quite aware of my surrounding, and the world around me

Well they do, they need to learn not to be rude, and try and control everything, they are basically making a firmware that allows them to control your PSP

the_ex you are a stupid stupid person. I hope you arent as wiling to do stupid things with the rest of your life, and if you are, you deserve it

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:27
You're so right there. The bolded text is always in my mind. Actually,I was talking about that with my friend last week. These unknown russian coders,we don't know where they are right now,no one knows who they are,or how they are.
My guess is that their situated I Russia.
No-one 'knew' Dark_AleX. But you all seem to call him god.

I was talking with my friend about something similar to this.. "They are unknown coders. And the russian guys are known to do terrorist jobs and stuff..what if their weird firmware,with a weird subliminal code[333333] is a bricker or something?
For **** sake man. You really think a group of Russian terrorists would devise a plot to destroy everyone's PSP? Get a grip.

What if one day they just get messed up and do something with all the PSPs using their firmware.."
I took that as a joke,but now this is becoming real..
The flasher has multiple security checks. Take a deep breath, and think about what you have just said.

mike_jmg
August 19th, 2007, 16:32
If you have never visited those websites, then you have nothing to worry about.

You think?

If you support PS3News, you deserve it.

Yep, I think so

I don't support PS3News, and I hate what they did to team Wildca*ds or whatever name they have, but bricking it's too much.

It should simply block you from updating, not even an ass that supports that site deserves that (well, maybe, but it is still outrageous)

I'm not updating simply because of Team M33's attitude, maybe until a new official upgrade is made and they make a new cfw but right now i wont

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:32
No-one 'knew' Dark_AleX. But you all seem to call him god.

We knew a lot more about DAX then we know about these guys. DAX was interviewed, he did MSN and IRC chats with us, he actualy cared about the people using his firmware, not the moeny he could get out of it.

For **** sake man. You really think a group of Russian terrorists would devise a plot to destroy everyone's PSP? Get a grip.

Really wouldnt surprise me, also wouldnt surprise me if sony had a hand in it. Maybe thats why sony didnt care when they implemented the np96000.prx

The flasher has multiple security checks. Take a deep breath, and think about what you have just said.

and who makes the flasher, THEM, so they can remove the security checks, they can make the flasher do what ever they eel like, and you would never know while its doing it, all they have to do is show you what they nirmally show you,.

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 16:33
ok so wtf im confused here. ive never been to ps3news.com or wut ever and ive never had a problem with m33 firmware. so yea what im confused about is if i download the update from here in dcemu will i brick or whats the deal..?

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 16:33
No-one 'knew' Dark_AleX. But you all seem to callhim god.
Yeah,but at least DAX gave his name,we know a lot more about him than about these russians.

Hey who the hell are you? I'm not saying they want to destroy it,but they are like taking control of the PSPs. And if Virus are around the web,why not this?

I already thought about that,that's why I posted it,don't you think Einstein?
The Flasher does have the multiple secury checks,but remember what they are doing,their job,they are hackers. Do you know what a hacker is? Why don't you get a rest and stop quoting every message trying to act like a wise guy?

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:34
ok so wtf im confused here. ive never been to ps3news.com or wut ever and ive never had a problem with m33 firmware. so yea what im confused about is if i download the update from here in dcemu will i brick or whats the deal..?

Maybe, according to them, if you have ever used PS3 news on your comp or PSP you will brick. Have you?

and I completly agree with you Darth, Th_ex go home, and jackoff to m33.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:34
no, m33 are, they tell sites that to host thier files, they must donate
Actually, donation is completely voluntary, as they state in the 'LICENSE.TXT':

3. Free Software.

This software is FREE, meaning that you shouldn't have been forced to pay to
obtain it. M33 Team accepts donations, but they are fully voluntary.

Ok?

they tell other coders that they may not reverse their code, even though they did that to DAX, and now they have made it so anyone who has ever visted ps3news, even if they didnt do it on prpose, that they brick.
If they hadn't of reverse engineered DAX's code, then we would not have 3.52M33. Of course they don't want people reverse engineering their code, it's THEIR code and no-one else's.

I;m not stirring rumors
Yes, you are.

they themselves said it, it will brick any PSP that has visited that site, or anyother site they have added without telling.
They made it perfectly clear:

You are BANNED of any kind of use, including spreading, of M33 Software, if
you meet one or more of the following conditions:

* You didn't agree to all terms of conditions of this license.
* You downloaded this software from a criminal site.
* You have a website of criminal nature, or you are a moderator, or you collaborate, or have collaborated in any way with that type of website.
* You are an active forum member of a criminal site.
* You give support or money to a criminal site, either directly (by paying ads or any other thing), or indirectly (indirect money by criminal website frequent visit). "Moral" support to the actions of the criminal site is included.
The ban in this point, will be stopped if the support/money ceases. (deleting of ads, stop of visiting the site and removal of psp/pc browser cache).
* You are linked to a criminal website, or your website is partner/friend of a criminal site. In this case, users of the linked website are also banned.
* You have a link to a criminal website in your site. This excludes links from forums, or "negative" links.
* You use stolen source code in your PSP program (or your parody of program). In this case, both, the application and the stealer are banned.
* You do any kind of activity that damage M33 Team members, or legitimate PSP homebrew coders.

Ok?

hows making something that can brick yor PSP, on purpose, protecting the hb community, especialy for people who do say, google searches, and go to ps3news b/c it was on the list.
It's not protecting the community. It's protecting the developers work.

I;m not talking about it bricking from flashing, I;m talking about coding it to brick.
...and?

err no, I;m quite aware of my surrounding, and the world around me
That's nice. So am I.

Well they do, they need to learn not to be rude, and try and control everything, they are basically making a firmware that allows them to control your PSP
Rude? If anyone is being rude here it is you. Dis-respecting their work, that they made for people like you.

the_ex you are a stupid stupid person. I hope you arent as wiling to do stupid things with the rest of your life, and if you are, you deserve it
Excuse me? I can use proper grammar, and spell properly. The idiot here, is the person that does not understand respect. A.K.A. you.

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 16:38
nah i dont think ive ever been to ps3news. if i empty my cache on my psp and computer will that help incase ive had?

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 16:38
Get the file from here is safe & fine. The Eboot's CRC is 0B473377.

Got it updated, no prob whatsoever.

Just dont bother d/l the update file from ps3****.
TRUST ONLY DCEMU!!! :)

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 16:40
i trust it 100000% lol, but i might hold off on this update. i have no use for it ATM.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:42
Yeah,but at least DAX gave his name,we know a lot more about him than about these russians.
So? At least they are taking the time to make these custom firmwares. Why should knowing them make a difference? As long as you have your firmware, you should be happy.

Hey who the hell are you? I'm not saying they want to destroy it,but they are like taking control of the PSPs. And if Virus are around the web,why not this?
Hello, I am Sam. I am 14 and live in the UK.
You are choosing to run the program, they don't force anyone.

I already thought about that,that's why I posted it,don't you think Einstein?
I do think. Thanks for the consideration.

The Flasher does have the multiple secury checks,but remember what they are doing,their job,they are hackers. Do you know what a hacker is? Why don't you get a rest and stop quoting every message trying to act like a wise guy?
I'm a lot wiser than you. Quoting every message makes it easier to read, and makes it easier for me to understand.

I don't support PS3News, and I hate what they did to team Wildca*ds or whatever name they have, but bricking it's too much.
Don't update then.

It should simply block you from updating, not even an ass that supports that site deserves that (well, maybe, but it is still outrageous)
Read the 'LICENSE.TXT' then decide whether to run the program. Don't run it then moan to us that you bricked.

I'm not updating simply because of Team M33's attitude, maybe until a new official upgrade is made and they make a new cfw but right now i wont
Ok, your choice.

We knew a lot more about DAX then we know about these guys. DAX was interviewed, he did MSN and IRC chats with us, he actualy cared about the people using his firmware, not the moeny he could get out of it.
If these guys didn't care then they wouldn't make the firmwares. But they do, so they make them.

Really wouldnt surprise me, also wouldnt surprise me if sony had a hand in it.
I'd be surprised.

Maybe thats why sony didnt care when they implemented the np96000.prx
What do you mean 'didn't care'? You wanted them to throw a tantrum and shut down M33?

and who makes the flasher, THEM, so they can remove the security checks, they can make the flasher do what ever they eel like
Why would they do that?

and you would never know while its doing it, all they have to do is show you what they nirmally show you,.
I trust them. I take it you have a M33 firmware installed? If so, you trust them.

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 16:47
Beware people,the wise guy is here.
Excuse me Sam. I'm 17 years old,I study at an University while you're on Kinder Garden. You're a lot wiser than me,uh? Can you prove it? I doubt about it.
If you don't like this,or you like it,just leave your comment and quote for helping others if you need to,or even if you know how to help.

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:48
Actually, donation is completely voluntary, as they state in the 'LICENSE.TXT':

3. Free Software.

This software is FREE, meaning that you shouldn't have been forced to pay to
obtain it. M33 Team accepts donations, but they are fully voluntary.

Ok?

They emailed QJ.net and told them, to host our file, you must donate X amount of money, if you dont, you may not host our files.

If they hadn't of reverse engineered DAX's code, then we would not have 3.52M33. Of course they don't want people reverse engineering their code, it's THEIR code and no-one else's.

is IS DAX's code, not their code originally, hence they have no rights to it.

Yes, you are.

How is it a rumor, when they told us it will brick your PSP on purpose if ou have ever visted one of these sties.

They made it perfectly clear:

You are BANNED of any kind of use, including spreading, of M33 Software, if
you meet one or more of the following conditions:

* You didn't agree to all terms of conditions of this license.
* You downloaded this software from a criminal site.
* You have a website of criminal nature, or you are a moderator, or you collaborate, or have collaborated in any way with that type of website.
* You are an active forum member of a criminal site.
* You give support or money to a criminal site, either directly (by paying ads or any other thing), or indirectly (indirect money by criminal website frequent visit). "Moral" support to the actions of the criminal site is included.
The ban in this point, will be stopped if the support/money ceases. (deleting of ads, stop of visiting the site and removal of psp/pc browser cache).
* You are linked to a criminal website, or your website is partner/friend of a criminal site. In this case, users of the linked website are also banned.
* You have a link to a criminal website in your site. This excludes links from forums, or "negative" links.
* You use stolen source code in your PSP program (or your parody of program). In this case, both, the application and the stealer are banned.
* You do any kind of activity that damage M33 Team members, or legitimate PSP homebrew coders.

Ok?.
No, not OK, apparently if you have ever visited a site with a link to another site, with a link to another site, that may or may not have a link to a site they dont like they reserve the right to brick your PSP. That isnt right.

It's not protecting the community. It's protecting the developers work.

M33 was designed to be a program to be shared with all PSP homebrew community.

Because we have noticed that there is rubbish inside the community, we have

the rights of making our application NOT TO WORK for certain people or organizations,

in order to protect our rights, the rigths of legitimate homebrew developers, and

the PSP homebrew community
Read before your post. They say they want to protect the homebrew community, they dont, they want to control the PSP hb community

...and?

they coded it, so if any time in the future you go to a site that they dont like, it will brick, and they dont tell you which sites they dont like.

Rude? If anyone is being rude here it is you. Dis-respecting their work, that they made for people like you.

Its disrespect, they didnt make it for people, they made it for themselves.

Excuse me? I can use proper grammar, and spell properly. The idiot here, is the person that does not understand respect. A.K.A. you.
you dont deserve respect, and its disrespect not dis-respect, so you dont know how to spell.

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 16:48
possibly take ur arguments back to qj as well

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 16:50
Geez the dramas.

Take it sumwhere else boys (& girls). Dont rape this thread pls. ^____^;

mike_jmg
August 19th, 2007, 16:51
Hello, I am Sam. I am 14 and live in the UK.
You are choosing to run the program, they don't force anyone.

Go watch your cartoons kid, and stop messing around with everyone

Maybe the right age is with the numbers changed
14 = 41 LOL as he thinks he's so wise and everything

Harshboy
August 19th, 2007, 16:52
Updated and everything is fine and dandy. Why don't all you complainers and speculators just shut up, mkay?

The EX
Beware people,the wise guy is here.
True... so true.

Excuse me Sam. I'm 17 years old,I study at an University while you're on Kinder Garden.
I finished Kinder Garden a long time ago. Someone of your mental strength should know that.

You're a lot wiser than me,uh?
Yes, I am.

Can you prove it?
Read your responses, then mine. That's proof.

If you don't like this
Oh, I like it. I like watching people make complete idiots out of themselves.

just leave your comment and quote for helping others if you need to
Have done, and will do.

or even if you know how to help.
I know. Thanks though.

Cokemusic
I think I'll stick with D_A's firmware , the bricking feature included in homebrew is sooo hyprocitical for two reasons.

1. Homebrew is created to give the user freedom , the choice to follow the path of piracy should be their own at this point , even bricking PSP's the access PS3news won't stop piracy so what's the point.

2.Some of team M33's actions could be considered illegal, what gives them the right to determine which sites are and aren't suitable for viewing.

I think the firmware bricking feature has turned off any desire I have to download this firmware and I don't even know what ps3news is .

What's next ? insta-bricking any PSP which visits a website with the word "iso" contained or insta-bricking any website that is Nintendo DS related , this is a joke.

Where is the limit , how much control should the coder be able to have over what we do with our psp 's once we install their software , I could understand M33 blcoking websites on PSP that they thought were piracy related even though that would be controversial , but bricking such expensive pieces of software ?? It's not on.

I was going to install team M33's firmware on my lil bro's new PSP today but if he happened to come across one of these site's while looking for the latest news on the PS3 then that would be a useless piece of hardware he'd be holding in his hands.

Why everyone is congratulating M33 I seriously do not know , this release goes against everything homebrew stands for , FREEDOM !!!.

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 16:54
Geez the dramas.

Take it sumwhere else boys (& girls). Dont rape this thread pls. ^____^;

Got it.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:54
possibly take ur arguments back to qj as well
Please, don't talk. It gives me a headache.

Go watch your cartoons kid, and stop messing around with everyone
I'm not messing with anyone. I state my opinion, and you all seem to feel you need to state yours, which is fair enough.

Maybe the right age is with the numbers changed
14 = 41 LOL as he thinks he's so wise and everything
I can assure you I am 14, and not 41.

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:55
Read your responses, then mine. That's proof.

Yeah, you prety much just proved you are a moron

Oh, I like it. I like watching people make complete idiots out of themselves.

your doing a good job of making yourself look like an idiot, and a prick.
good job

mike_jmg
August 19th, 2007, 16:56
BTW

I am Miguel, I live in Mexico, I'm 23, and I just got my degree on Chemical Engineering

with 1033 points in the National Evaluation Center Exam (Ceneval)

xg917
wait so m33 team created this specificly to brick those who visit ps3news????????

Sonicboy 101
I don't think I've been to ps3news, I'm like you xg I'm confused

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:57
wait so m33 team created this specificly to brick those who visit ps3news????????

yes, and anyother site they decided they didnt like, or contains certain words

dejkirkby
August 19th, 2007, 16:58
I have this download on my site. Does this mean my site is on this "blacklist"?
I tend to agree with the majority on this topic. It's unfair for Team M33, as much as they hate ps3news, to BRICK peoples PSP's.
The thing that is more worrying to me is if they can code this "bricker" into their update, what else can they code in there?
I sincerely hope this is all rumour and not fact, because it would mean one of the major PSP groups have just become untrustworthy!

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 16:58
Yeah, you prety much just proved you are a moron
I knew you'd say that. But you know what? I don't care. I know I'm not a moron, so it doesn't matter.

your doing a good job of making yourself look like an idiot, and a prick.
good job
You cannot make up an argument for yourself, so you take what I have said and try to turn it against me. It's not working.

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 16:59
no seriously the ex, r u gona rape all of dcemu forums now?

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 16:59
I tend to agree with the majority on this topic. It's unfair for Team M33, as much as they hate ps3news, to BRICK peoples PSP's.
The thing that is more worrying to me is if they can code this "bricker" into their update, what else can they code in there?
I sincerely hope this is all rumour and not fact, because it would mean one of the major PSP groups have just become untrustworthy!
your site may be blacklisted, but you wont know, untill its too late.

and its not a rumor, they told us in their license that they made it to do that

You cannot make up an argument for yourself, so you take what I have said and try to turn it against me. It's not working.
Well neither can you, because I'm 100% sure you aren't the first to use the, "I like watching people make idiot out of themselves" line.

Sonicboy 101
August 19th, 2007, 17:01

Well I'm at the same stage Safari Al has the update too, is it a criminal site?

I think that this thing against piracy and illegal is good and all, but deliberately bricking other peoples consoles? It's just not right. There are other ways to do this.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:02
no seriously the ex, r u gona rape all of dcemu forums now?

Not intentionally no.

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 17:05
I like boys and I'm dumb.

The EX..son,let's get serious. Stop this already,this is not the place to argue. Want to argue,feel wise? I bet you won't be like this if we ever meet each other phisically.
Can you please just stop quoting every freaking comment with your negative opinion about it? I know I'm not any moderator here or else,but I'm human,and as every human,I have limits,I know when to stop. If you're smart/wise enough,stop.

Show your knowledge somewhere else.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:05
Well neither can you, because I'm 100% sure you aren't the first to use the, "I like watching people make idiot out of themselves" line.
You can't be serious? Of course others have used that line of text. Quoting someone and saying the exact same thing they said in the quote is blatantly using what someone said against them.

E.J.
August 19th, 2007, 17:06
Hi Sam , 14 years old from UK, nice to meet you.

You seem to *know* a lot about this M-33 Team, would you be so kind to tell us about'em?

mike_jmg
August 19th, 2007, 17:07
I like boys and I'm dumb

LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

good one Darth

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:09
The EX..son,let's get serious.
I'm very serious on this matter.

Stop this already,this is not to place to argue,want to argue,feel wise?
I'm just sharing an opinion. Is that not allowed anymore?

I bet you won't be like this if I we ever meet each other phisically.
Fortunately, we'll never meet.

Can you please just stop quoting every freaking comment with your negative opinion about it?
As soon as you stop, I will.

I know I'm not any moderator here or else,but I'm human,and as every human,I have limits,I know when to stop.
I am human too. We obviously have different 'limits'.

If you're smart/wise enough,stop.
I'm know better than to stand down to you.

@E.J.: I know no more than you, sorry.
@mike_jmg: Aren't you mature? No.

m_d_uk
August 19th, 2007, 17:10
to all the lamers (bobtentpeg) - just stfu - you haven't got a clue.

If you run the installer from ps3lamers, it doesnt brick - it just quits. I have been on the ps3lamers site, after installing 3.52M33-3 and my psp is fine. I have also been to the site on my pc - and magically, my psp is still fine.

I think it is just a bit of scaremongering, but i have not tried to install the update with ps3lamers site in psp's browser cache, or with the site in my bookmarks, so i cannot vouch for those!

Gizmo356
August 19th, 2007, 17:15
What a ****ing piece of shit. i think i'll stick to my 3.40 oe. bloody thing takes far to long!!!

I suggest you learn how to install this before you try this is an update to 3.52 M33-2 so if you don't have that firmware first you can't update.

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 17:15
You can't be serious? Of course others have used that line of text. Quoting someone and saying the exact same thing they said in the quote is blatantly using what someone said against them.

and showing you that you have made an idiot out of yourself, as well as you making yourself out to be a prick, is wrong how?

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:17
and showing you that you have made an idiot out of yourself,as well as you making yourself out to be a prick, is wrong how?

I haven't done anything of the sort, thank you very much.

Nocuddle
Ok ok, u guys r really raping this thread. :(

Try d/l from PS3*** site & compare the Eboot:

PS3** = CRC 69D9BB45
M33-3 = CRC 0B473377

Dun worry abt d/ling it from PS3. Try hex edit abit of M33-3 update file & see if it brick urs. Oh wait try hexing DA's one too & see if it brick. No better yet, maybe lets try official Sony's fw. I dare u all. LOL

Bottom line: it is COMMON SENSE not to edit Update file.

Ok ok? No more raping pls.

Sheeeeesh.... O___o;

EDIT:
forgot, u need to register to that shite site.
so for the proof, you can look at this file, downloaded from ps3 site.
h**p://rapidshare.com/files/49973692/WARNINGps3.rar.html
although a WARNING: DONT use this file!! Just for u to take a look at.

Bobtentpeg
I haven't done anything of the sort, thank you very much.

just keep telling yourself that

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 17:19
Ok,let's finish this for once. I'll stop. I give up. Now do you want a trophy for your victory? So you could go home happy.

@mike_jmg: Aren't you mature? No.

People,if you laugh,you're immature. Did you get that? :rofl:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

ON-TOPIC:OK! SO HOW'S THE ISO VIDEO COMPATIBILITY!? IS IT GOOD?

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:19
just keep telling yourself that

There's no need.
Your signature does you no justice. You truly do live up to the statement.

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:20
Ok,let's finish this for once. I'll stop. I give up. Now do you want a trophy for your victory? So you could go home happy.
I don't need a trophy. This was no competition.

People,if you laugh,you're immature,did you get that? :rofl:
If you laugh at immature jokes (including the one mentioned), especially when you are a 23 year old, then yes you are immature.

The video ISO compatibility is a bit unstable. I have tried 3 Video ISO's, and only 1 worked. It's a shame the free region option doesn't work too well.

E.J.
August 19th, 2007, 17:21
Bobtentpeg, DhartPaul, The EX, please stop the hate chat now, its hurting the thread.

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 17:22
There's no need.
Your signature does you no justice. You truly do live up to the statement.

I think you would do it more though, Since from what i can tell, most of your posts, are the same shit you've posted in this topic. Go home

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:23
I think you would do it more though, Since from what i can tell, most of your posts, are the same shit you've posted in this topic. Go home

You don't say? My posts are the same as the posts in this thread? Lady's and Gentlemen, we have a genius in our midsts.

Bobtentpeg
August 19th, 2007, 17:25
You don't say? My posts are the same as the posts in this thread? Lady's and Gentlemen, we have a genius in our midsts.

But sadly, you are an uninformed fool, who thinks he knows a lot, yet knows nothing

and I have nothing else to say to the uninformed fool

The EX
August 19th, 2007, 17:27
But sadly, you are an uninformed fool, who thinks he knows a lot, yet knows nothing
I have nothing to say to such a feeble man.

DarthPaul
August 19th, 2007, 17:28
If you laugh at immature jokes (including the one mentioned), especially when you are a 23 year old, then yes you are immature.

Not everyone likes the same. For example; Some like M33,some don't.

The video ISO compatibility is a bit unstable. I have tried 3 Video ISO's, and only 1 worked. It's a shame the free region option doesn't work too well.

Oh damn,that's bad. I don't have any UMD Movie,so I can't test this feature now. Thanks for letting me know.

E.J.
August 19th, 2007, 17:30
It has been some time since i saw two dudes making fools out of themselves like this, jaja.

Tinnus
August 19th, 2007, 17:33
...that's ****ing ridiculous. I won't install anything to my PSP or computer that in any way tries to control my damn life.

They don't even say what they call a 'criminal' site. And they 'forbid' you to reverse engineer, of course, so no one will find the addresses in the code.

"We're here controlling you for the greater protection of the community!"

BrooksyX
August 19th, 2007, 17:38
All this flaming is ridiculous. As with all homebrew, use this at your own risk (especially since it writes to the flash). If team M33 wants to make limitations on who can use their firmware and you disagree with that, then don't use it.

I personally have upgraded to the newest version of M33 and have had no problems at all. I think it is a great release with great new features.

Thanks for another great release M33!

scarph
August 19th, 2007, 17:38
Geez...there's no possible way this can look at your browser cache. Maybe on the psp but probably not, but no way on the PC.

Went to PS3news, signed up for the forums, posted a few times, then download it from there, then installed it.

No problems

Never been to/heard of ps3news before. Maybe they don't like them cus their page design is awful but o well.

Great cfw though. Love the vsh menu.

dejkirkby
August 19th, 2007, 17:39
...that's ****ing ridiculous. I won't install anything to my PSP or computer that in any way tries to control my damn life.

They don't even say what they call a 'criminal' site. And they 'forbid' you to reverse engineer, of course, so no one will find the addresses in the code.

"We're here controlling you for the greater protection of the community!"
These are my thoughts exactly!
What gives Team M33, as good as their FW is, the right to effectively punish a PSP owner by bricking their Ģ100 machine just because they frequent a site that Team M33 don't like?
Also, to go over my other point, if they can code this into an update, what else can they do?

Kramer
August 19th, 2007, 17:46
WTF what if you visit this PS3news site but had no idea it was a shitty site for whatever reason and your PSP got bricked.

This is MADNESS!!!

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 17:46
Went to PS3news, signed up for the forums, posted a few times, then download it from there, then installed it.

3 deadly sins:

1. Did u use ur real email addy wen sign up?
2. u dun needa post anything to d/l.
3. WTF u install their hex edited update file????? R U NUTZ!!??!!

Can u do me a favor? Try browse PS3 site from ur PSP. Just curious...

masamune
August 19th, 2007, 17:48
Bobtentpeg, DhartPaul, The EX, please stop the hate chat now, its hurting the thread.

I agree, I hate forums but found that dcemu was pretty straight.... I try to read every post to get an idea of what everyone thinks but what is with this double posting and quoting everything then bitching about it... I try to ignore The EX because I find him extremely annoying but every other post is him being a smart ass... lame:(

come' on people... just come' on

E.J.
August 19th, 2007, 17:56
3 deadly sins:
Can u do me a favor? Try browse PS3 site from ur PSP. Just curious...

Yeah, i want to see what happens too! (I hope you have a modchip, just in case...)

stevo11185
August 19th, 2007, 18:02
Stop arguing please. It may make this thread useless for people who need help. please?

P.S i'm not gonna say anything else even if anyone else flames me, i cant be bothered to waste my time

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 18:08
Right, I've just read the readme and the licence.

This is my interpretation.

It is basically scaremongering - There is little chance of them being able to check your PC browser from your PSP.

However, they can however check your PSP browser - so I wouldn't visit that site.

The_Ex actually has a valid point - and you are all being immature, although The_Ex is feeding the children ammo :p

They have every right to say what to do or not to do with their software.

On a related fact, did you know that you can't use iTunes if you work in chemical or nuclear weapons?

OMG APPLE IS TRYIN 2 CONTRL US WOE BE ME.

Cloudy

Veskgar
August 19th, 2007, 18:09
Wow, what an incredible waste of time it has been scanning the 13 pages of this thread. Usually these release threads are informative, full of appreciation, and can offer assurance to the skeptical people who are nervous about installing CFW.

Until this release, I updated religiously to M33. Even though I don't visit the lame site that may cause problems, I don't agree that such malicious triggers should be implemented into CFW.

This just says in bold capital letters, "SONY, YOU ARE RIGHT! HOMEBREW POSES A SECURITY THREAT TO THE PSP". If true, this just gives SONY reason to say, "I told you so".

I don't know if this is just rumor or what, but until M33 accepts the majority of homebrew fans are against this and releases a new update that won't pose such a risk, I may just stick with 3.52 M33-2.

I love CFW updates but I will wait this one out and see how events play out.

Safari Al
August 19th, 2007, 18:15
I just have one question, what is soo back about wisiting that site? What's gonna be next, your browser must have visited our site or the updated will cause your psp not to start?wtf is wrong with them?

dejkirkby
August 19th, 2007, 18:22
They have every right to say what to do or not to do with their software.

I assume this is aimed at me, so allow me to comment.
This sounds like condoning the bricking of people's PSP's.
If someone had coded and released a PSP bricker, there would be universal derison from all the major homebrew sites and teams. This is ALMOST the same thing, but people are condoning this, seemingly because it's part of a CFW update.
I cannot understand how my fellow homebrew enthusiasts are condoning this.

specialist83
August 19th, 2007, 18:23
kids nowadays sure spend lots of their time wasting life quarreling on the net...i rem when i was a teenager i dun even use the computer much other than some icq chats...lol

if u have even the slightest fear of bricking cos of using homebrews...here's an advice...upgrade to official 3.52 and i guarantee u'll be totally safe... =)

scarph
August 19th, 2007, 18:24
Yes i used my normal email to sign up.

And what do you mean they hex edited it.

Nothing looked out of the ordinary.

Site looks normal.

Actually loaded super fast.

O well.

O and remember
http://www.neatorama.com/2007/08/18/if-business-meetings-were-like-internet-comments/

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 18:29
I assume this is aimed at me, so allow me to comment.
This sounds like condoning the bricking of people's PSP's.
If someone had coded and released a PSP bricker, there would be universal derison from all the major homebrew sites and teams. This is ALMOST the same thing, but people are condoning this, seemingly because it's part of a CFW update.
I cannot understand how my fellow homebrew enthusiasts are condoning this.

It wasn't aimed at you, but I'll allow you to comment.

I very much doubt this bricks PSP's :/ of course, I'll check it out with some experts, but I do doubt it - not that it isn't possible of course.

Cloudy

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 18:32
And what do you mean they hex edited it.

It means they hack it for their own personal gain.
When it hacked, it may cause instability. Just like when u hack the important driver files in your PC.

Like i said on the other post:

PS3** = CRC 69D9BB45 (hacked)
M33-3 = CRC 0B473377 (original)

I really hope u dun run this CRC 69D9BB45. Even if u do & escape bricking, then congrats to u. :(

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 18:40
Yeah, i want to see what happens too! (I hope you have a modchip, just in case...)

me too:rofl:

scarph
August 19th, 2007, 18:42
Well i know what hex editing is. But how could it help them gain. Is there some sort of hex edit they can do that sucks pennies out of my psp.

I don't know how this whole trouble with this site started, but can we please just get back to hating qj.net.

It would be better for everyone.

ICE
August 19th, 2007, 18:44
ok im not reading through all this garbo. can i or can i not host this at my site? my site is in no way "criminal" or anything else like that.

Veskgar
August 19th, 2007, 18:55
ok im not reading through all this garbo. can i or can i not host this at my site? my site is in no way "criminal" or anything else like that.

Yeah, and what's the final verdict? Does this contain triggers that "could" cause a brick if x, y, or z conditions were met. Or were a few people just scaremongering?

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 18:58

Yeah, you can host it.

What this does is brick if the eboot has been altered... That's all it does.

Cloudy

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 19:04
Well i know what hex editing is. But how could it help them gain. Is there some sort of hex edit they can do that sucks pennies out of my psp.

I don't know how this whole trouble with this site started, but can we please just get back to hating qj.net.

It would be better for everyone.

Well matey, when u upgrade with the "official" M33 update, you will see a warning & sum notes on the s/w or stuff like README file, etc.

These ps3news guys 'modify' the README, warnings & notes (whatever in text), to show their "website" URL or name so they claim it is their creation, claim for credits & attracting more people to come to their site. Basically they stealing sum1 else works without leaving the credit nor the file intact. So I heard.

For sure they are not suckin ur pennies. They do earn sumthin from the advertisements where ppl visiting their site. No prob with that. The prob is their ethic. Leave the file intact & no1 gets a brick. So it is THEIR fault, not M33 team.

Upload the original, get a direct link to their site & mention abt if visitor can helping them with sum donation. Check their site for that paypal link.

Aj_Phoenix
August 19th, 2007, 19:17
:eek: k so can u just reset flash1 and use a app for the comp that cleans all internet stuff like cleanup or ccleaner then download it from here n update fine? i'd do that but im just worried about what happens if we accidently go to the ps3 site or any other one with the words after installed? has n e one tried it, then restarted the psp to see if it still works? preferably someone with a modchip just incase?

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 19:33
Let scarph browse ps2news site with his PSP. Wait till he screamed then u know. :D

Mashphealh
August 19th, 2007, 19:36
You can't edit with hexadecimal editor the eboot.

Can't edit the eboot with nothing
If the eboot is editted , PSP bricked.

zoson
August 19th, 2007, 19:36
So, I used this update on my first PSP just fine. No problems there.

Then I run it on my second psp. As far as I know I have never visited the ps3 site on my psp, or on my computer. But it bricked. I sure hope M33 has a workaround for this. Otherwise they are very much risking the psp's of innocents. I'm pretty freaking pissed my second psp is now useless.

Aj_Phoenix
August 19th, 2007, 19:37
Nocuddle
Let scarph browse ps2news site with his PSP. Wait till he screamed then u know.

lol :rofl: (i mean that'd be terrible :D ) i still can't my head around why m33 could just stop the installer from workin rather than brick, oh well i guess i'll just wait n see... by the way does anyone no wut words are block in the internet thing like if any site mention ps3news then its gonna brick it? oh n is team wildcard ever gonna release a 3.52?

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 19:39
So, I used this update on my first PSP just fine. No problems there.

Then I run it on my second psp. As far as I know I have never visited the ps3 site on my psp, or on my computer. But it bricked. I sure hope M33 has a workaround for this. Otherwise they are very much risking the psp's of innocents. I'm pretty freaking pissed my second psp is now useless.

Where did u get the update?

blazed123
August 19th, 2007, 19:41
every time i go to usb connection with it set to any of the usb devices, even memory stick, my psp crashes. any ideas?

scarph
August 19th, 2007, 19:48
with the usb device thing
is that like a once you plug in the usb cable it connects.

they used to have this on way older cfw's and i really miss it

urherenow
August 19th, 2007, 19:58
Granted the last time I tried an ISO of a UMD Movie was with devhook, but I never had a problem with it. Why is it so exciting that it works now?
I'm much more happy with the vsh menu via the home button :D

zoson
August 19th, 2007, 19:59
Where did u get the update?

This thread.

Buddy4point0
August 19th, 2007, 20:02
nice!
im upgrading now!!!
thanks m33

blazed123
August 19th, 2007, 20:06
okay it wont let me do anything to do with memory stick or usb unless i go to the recovery menu, it just crashes every time i tried to do something

the only thing it will do is load savegames, music and videos

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 20:10
This thread.

U got theme installed?
Did u restore to default setting b4 upgrade?
Any plugins enable in MS?
Wats ur last cfw?

1st PSP working then u musta made sum bad move on ur 2nd.

CaptainMorgan4
August 19th, 2007, 20:11
I'm confused when I tried to update I took a while to read what it was saying before I pressed X to update. I then pushed it but I didn't see it say update successful, it reset and I thought it didn't update, so I ran it again and it said I already updated. If it did update it updated VERY fast like 1-3 seconds, I have a 4GB memory stick. I'm not a PS3News person or whatever that site is so no problems there. Anyway I checked my system settings and it says I'm at 3.52-3 and in the recovery menu I have the XMB device new features and stuff so everything looks fine. But it's wierd I can't get my XMB to run at 333mhz (I can tell using the PRXInfo plugin), it's set right in the recovery menu. And when I tried to access the recovery menu like 2 times it wouldn't pop up just the regular PSP start, so my PSP has been acting very wierd. Can anyone tell me how I can get back to 3.52-2 so I can try to update again?

ps- For PSX games what pops version should I use, I think I should choose "original from flash" but I'm not sure.

blackrave
August 19th, 2007, 20:16
I'm confused when I tried to update I took a while to read what it was saying before I pressed X to update. I then pushed it but I didn't see it say update successful, it reset and I thought it didn't update, so I ran it again and it said I already updated. If it did update it updated VERY fast like 1-3 seconds, I have a 4GB memory stick. I'm not a PS3News person or whatever that site is so no problems there. Anyway I checked my system settings and it says I'm at 3.52-3 and in the recovery menu I have the XMB device new features and stuff so everything looks fine. But it's wierd I can't get my XMB to run at 333mhz (I can tell using the PRXInfo plugin), it's set right in the recovery menu. And when I tried to access the recovery menu like 2 times it wouldn't pop up just the regular PSP start, so my PSP has been acting very wierd. Can anyone tell me how I can get back to 3.52-2 so I can try to update again?

I'd recover back to 1.50 and reinstall M33 3.52 from there, then apply this patch. It's supposed to install in just a couple of seconds.

ps- For PSX games what pops version should I use, I think I should choose "original from flash" but I'm not sure.
If a game you want to play doesn't work with the default POPS loader from flash (3.52), then try with another. If everything works fine, don't bother with the popsloader plugin.

zoson
August 19th, 2007, 20:23
U got theme installed?
Did u restore to default setting b4 upgrade?
Any plugins enable in MS?
Wats ur last cfw?

1st PSP working then u musta made sum bad move on ur 2nd.

That's the messed up thing, there was no difference between the configurations of the two PSP's. They were both running 3.52 M33-2, with the exact same theme. The only difference was the names of the psp's, and even that was just Zoson and Zoson2...

I guess one is a TA-079 and the other is a TA-082.

CaptainMorgan4
August 19th, 2007, 20:23
I've never had to get back to 1.5 from a CFW how do I do this, you don't have to baby me though I know a good amount of what I'm doing.

blackrave
August 19th, 2007, 20:37
I've never had to get back to 1.5 from a CFW how do I do this, you don't have to baby me though I know a good amount of what I'm doing.

Get 3.02 OE-A (http://dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=11867). In it is a RECOVERY folder. Put the folder in ms0:/PSP/GAME with the update eboot you want to downgrade to, for example 1.50. Rename the update eboot to UPDATE.PBP. Then choose the option from the recovery menu to launch the recovery process and go back to 1.50. Now you can update back to 3.52 M33, and install this patch. :)

Anger
August 19th, 2007, 20:38
Updated no prob:D good new features but, it's just the fact that there is something in it that will brick people's psp's. That just leaves me uncomfortable with my current psp.

!Yes this will brick a crapload of psp's, and not from the reason's mentioned in the license. It will be from people(noobs) not aware that ps3news is a shady site. Alot of innocent psp's will die from this:(
Good software, not so good decesion.

Like attacking Iraq when the saudi's we're way more guilty. Bonehead George Bush mentality:D but from russians? c'mon

still great work! though will advise noobs against this update.
my point EXACTLY. team m33 are DIRECTLY responsible for brickage that occurs from now on.
this is the exact reason i chose not to update.
i feel for those of you who will brick because you dont realise what sites are banned. i wont be updating now i know for a fact that there will be some brickage, and even worse is you have to agree to it before hand. would you agree to have your left leg chopped off for the ability to play the latest firmware update? i wouldnt.

ALTIMITHacker
August 19th, 2007, 20:39

Almost any downgrader will work because what they do install a clean 1.50 from a cleared flash0. I prefer using the 3.03 downgrader, just don't follow the instructions that much. For example, put all the files you need on there, and instead of running GTA, just run the X.Y.Z Update from the XMB because your on a CFW, you have Homebrew enabled. Its not an issue of getting it to run, its just....running it. lol.

BTW: Bricking because of where a User went? WOW. Atleast we have Team Wildcard, their better anyway.

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 20:41
um.... my psp wont turn off... help

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 20:44
It only bricks if the eboot has been hex edited, if you download it from a site like ps3news. It does not check your browser history, nor your PSP browser history.

That is the only INTENTIONAL brick caused by this update.

And to answer some people's questions, yes WildC*rd will release a 3.52 firmware sometime.

Cloudy

zoson
August 19th, 2007, 20:44

You're bricked too, unfortunately. that's what happens to my second psp.

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 20:47
no, your wrong....... my psp didnt brick.... it still works but it just doent want to turn off

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 20:48

dam are you serious. out of all the people i wouldnt have thought you would brick..

edit: o my bad u said ur psp doesnt want to turn OFF lol

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 20:49
Anyone who's bricked, try removing the battery then replacing it and accessing recovery mode.

Hey, it can't hurt.

And as for you mr-my-psp-will-not-turn-off, hold the power switch up until it turns off.

Cloudy

zoson
August 19th, 2007, 20:51
Anyone who's bricked, try removing the battery then replacing it and accessing recovery mode.

Hey, it can't hurt.

Cloudy

Didn't work for my poor 2nd psp.

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 20:51
I guess one is a TA-079 and the other is a TA-082.

Now u r scaring me. I guess it is OK with ur TA-079. I got 2nd one too of TA-082. I better wait for more development then. :(

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 20:52
out of all the people i wouldnt have thought you would brick..

:rofl: im not a noob!!! roflmao!!!!
ok, but really my psp works yet it does want to turn off

Gold Line
August 19th, 2007, 20:53
:rofl: im not a noob!!! roflmao!!!!

don't lie to me :mad:

xg917
August 19th, 2007, 20:55
weee, iono if i should update or not

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 20:59
don't lie to me :mad:

COMPARED TO YOU.... HELL NO:rofl:

luxoflux
August 19th, 2007, 21:05
Finnaly updated the firmware on both psp's, 3.52 M33-3's vsh menu is awesome, nice release.

Gold Line
August 19th, 2007, 21:08
COMPARED TO YOU.... HELL NO:rofl:

What a good comeback you deserve a round of applause for that

Safari Al
August 19th, 2007, 21:08
ok about the wont turn off thing just take out the battery go into recovery and disable start it back up and then the next time you enable it it should be able to turn off (worked for me)

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 21:15
ok about the wont turn off thing just take out the battery go into recovery and disable start it back up and then the next time you enable it it should be able to turn off (worked for me)
disable what....

Safari Al
August 19th, 2007, 21:19
the vshmmenu in configuration

blackrave
August 19th, 2007, 21:22
Mine also had trouble shutting off properly from the XMB the first time. I had played around a bit with the CPU speed settings through the vshmenu. It works just fine now, though.

acn010
August 19th, 2007, 21:22
hm... ill try that... somebdy must contact them about such flaw (or glitch) meh... thanks anyways

CaptainMorgan4
August 19th, 2007, 21:42
Blackrave thanks alot I went back to 1.5 then went to 3.52 M33, then to 3.52-2. Now I just updated to 3.52-3 and it updated fine this time and I had no problems, but I still can't get 333mhz in the XMB. Guys I swear I was getting 333mhz in 3.52-2 before I updated but then when I went to "-3" it just won't let me get 333? I'm using the PRXInfo v0.1 by Ac_K to see what my XMB speed is and it has NEVER failed on me before. But on this new update it just won't let me get 333 in the XMB. It's important to me because I like having that 333 to load all my emulator icons faster and everything, all my other stuff works fine is anyone else having this issue? Trust me I have set and reset the XMB speed in recovery but still no 333, anyone else? M33 if this is some wierd code in this update that prevents it please update it again because I need my 333.

scarph
August 19th, 2007, 21:52
by god if you dont get 333 mhz in the xmb, how could it run.

the xmb is the lobby of the psp.

it really doesnt have much going on. in fact it runs just peachy at 100 mhz

freakservo
August 19th, 2007, 22:05
Hey folks, I introduce myself blah blah blah on to my query.

While I have used M33 upgrades for a while now, I'm still a rediculously hopeless newb when it comes to the seplugins. I know nothing about what these do (If there is a connection to popstation, I'm claiming absolute ignorance in this case), or how to use them in an update.

Hell, I'm sure I'm in the wrong forum topic for help like this, so if anybody can get me started in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Keep doing that voodoo that you folks do so well.

-TF

Uberman
August 19th, 2007, 22:44
Who actually edited the EBOOT at ps3news? Was it Team M33, or was it ps3news? That's confusing me.

At any rate, you spend time building trust in your product with a community (whether it's free or not). One stupid, childish thing like this damages or even destroys that trust. If this was done intentionally (and I guess that's still to be determined), whoever did it is actually, deliberately costing people money. It's one thing to do it accidentally; deliberate intentions to destroy your hardware drops the perpetrators to the bottom of the food chain in my book.

As for the "license" on M33-3, I suppose Team M33 can do what they like, but imposing your personal morality on your users is just immature. What they may be attempting to achieve in this case in the name of "antipiracy" is, to me, equivalent to requiring me to be of a certain religion, or to love and embrace seatbelt laws, just to use their cfw.

Something that's possible, I suppose, is that ps3news deliberately altered the M33-3 release to cause this kind of chaos, to intentionally discredit Team M33 (anybody remember the cyanide-laced aspirin on store shelves in the 1980's?). I don't know what the relationship is between the two, but it doesn't sound amiable.

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 22:48
PS3News hex edited the anti ps3news message in the firmware installer, but the installer bricks if hex edited.

So it's PS3News fault.

Cloudy

MicroNut
August 19th, 2007, 23:00
OMG
How on gods green earth could anyone on M33 team know how to associate your PSP with you or where you have been on the internet?

Thats just stupid.

The only way the updater could find something wrong is if the file was edited or if you were trying to install it on top of an edited installation.
Solutions:
1) Dont edit the update... duh...
2) Dont use it to upgrade an edited install.
Go back to 1.5 and then upgrade...
the only sure way to delete any stolen source code out of flash... ungh...

Stop beating on each other and go play some games.

Anger
August 19th, 2007, 23:31
PS3News hex edited the anti ps3news message in the firmware installer, but the installer bricks if hex edited.

So it's PS3News fault.

Cloudy

sorry but its not ps3news's fault if a person used to visit there site and no longer does yet still gets bricked.

darknight88
August 19th, 2007, 23:34
So is this thing safe to flash on the PSP yet? i have M33-2 and im not sure to update to update#3 if it messes up PSP once updated.

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 23:36
sorry but its not ps3news's fault if a person used to visit there site and no longer does yet still gets bricked.

Yeah, but if PS3News hex edited the EBOOT which is why it bricked, is it M33's fault even then? :)

And is it M33's fault that PS3News have edited every comment on their release thread saying that it installed fine, even when they knew it was a bricker?

Cloudy

Nocuddle
August 19th, 2007, 23:38
Sum1 at maxconsole says he went to ps3**** site with his PSP & nothing happened.

Cloudhunter
August 19th, 2007, 23:43
Sum1 at maxconsole says he went to ps3**** site with his PSP & nothing happened.

That's because nothing happens.

Cloudy

Anger
August 19th, 2007, 23:48
So is this thing safe to flash on the PSP yet? i have M33-2 and im not sure to update to update#3 if it messes up PSP once updated.

definetly not if you like visiting any site there is. basically at this time if you have visited ps3news.com then it will brick your psp.

Yeah, but if PS3News hex edited the EBOOT which is why it bricked, is it M33's fault even then? :)

And is it M33's fault that PS3News have edited every comment on their release thread saying that it installed fine, even when they knew it was a bricker?

Cloudy
cloudy dont get me wrong im not standing up for the scum at ps3news.com - they are the lowest of the low but bricking psp's because people happen to visit the site (even by accident) is just wrong - even you have to admit that. we all know exactly what ps3news (and before ps2nfo.com) has done and its pathetic and sad attempts to gain money, but why couldnt m33 target the site itself rather than the people that may/have/will use the site? there after donations and yet there bricking the psp's of the very people that they want to donate to them. this is just madness.

in case you didnt know it also bricks peoples machines who have visited the site no matter how long for and the sad thing is there will be people who have been linked there and not realised that its still in the cache. the number of inexperienced psp users that will brick as a result of this alone will be large.

*EDIT* can it be confirmed that it does not brick if you just visit the site?

MicroNut
August 19th, 2007, 23:52
I've watched Ren and Stimpy Vol. 1
& Sin City with some problems.

I did run into a few small snags

1) After about 15 minutes I got some jittery video playback and then a crash of the videos.
I did re-dump the video strait to memory card with the same result.
I am going to try another dump method.
NewUMD vs. USBSSS

2) Swapping out UMD games when a UMD Video was mounted.
I received a game cannot be played because it is wrong region... it is not.
I rebooted the psp and it was fine again.

Testing playback on two psp's.
One with counterfeit ebay memory card, one with official Sony.

I only own these 2 UMD movies.
Maybe its time to buy more :P

UPDATE:
I was using New UMD Dumper and getting major playback problems.
I tried using USB-SSS and now everything seems to ok.
I changed the ISO mode between M33 and ISO9660... didnt seem to make any difference.
Tested the movies listed above.
Sony 4gb stick performed as well as the 2gb counterfeit card.

Dont use New UMD Dumper
USB-SSS (http://s3phir0th115.googlepages.com/UMD.html) seems like a good choice.

scarph
August 20th, 2007, 00:04
I actually have no idea what ps3news has done for money.

will someone please enlighten me to how one website has become so hated so fast.

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 00:09
idk mabye old problems with team m33?

MicroNut
August 20th, 2007, 00:10

will someone please enlighten me to how one website has become so hated so fast.

Arnt they the ones who hacked maxconsole forums,
stole WildCard source code and then
released it to anyone willing to post it as their own,
using ps3news as the distribution source?

Nocuddle
August 20th, 2007, 00:13
Register & post there. Say sumthin bad. the admin will edit u right away even block u from posting.

I had this & curiously, I cant even PM the admin. LOL

Attention: The reason why YOU can not start a new thread/reply to existing threads is because either you are a new user who hasn't replied to threads first before starting your own OR your account has received an Infraction which revokes your privilege to post here. The latter means you didn't follow our clearly defined Site Rules (most likely Rule #1, mentioning/linking another Web site on ours).

Currently this Infraction's duration is permanent... meaning you will NEVER be able to post again here. You can still download files and view the Forums, but your account is now subjected to additional advertisements, pop-ups, pop-unders, etc. You may also apologize for your careless actions and beg to have your Infraction reversed in our Infraction Purgatory section if you wish. Next time, read our Site Rules prior to posting and have a nice day!

I try to beg! I cant even beg! LMAO

Chameleon
August 20th, 2007, 00:15
they were looking through wildcard's PMs, and eventually led them to find 3.40* LE, and the LE source code...and the "lamers" released 3.40* LE, and were going to release the source code, but team wildcard got cornered and released the source themselves..

The "lamers" are not good people, and if youve been to their website chances are your consorting with them, so to keep them down Team M33 have taken the initiative to stop these cock suckers!!

I say farewell to the lamers, and i look forward to team wildcard being able to concentrate on what matters most ( the custom firmware) and not the stupid f*ckin lamers!!

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 00:19
Sorry but I like having the choice of running the XMB at 333mhz because I like having the internet working at 333mhz and I have a bunch of emulators and applications with custom icons, backgrounds, and background music. And it takes like 5sec to load the music and all for certain apps since they are big (on 222mhz) but when it's 333mhz it's more like 1-2 sec and that difference does matter to me. So basically I think if the M33 team gives you the choice to have 333mhz in the XMB then it should work, is anyone else having this problem because if so this bug should be reported to the M33 team.

Chameleon
August 20th, 2007, 00:22
yes, the problem has been noticed, and wifi has always had problems at 333 :(

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 00:30
Oh well I haven't had ANY problems with my WiFi at 333 just can't get the XMB to get past 222 in "M33-3".

MicroNut
August 20th, 2007, 00:35
Sorry but I like having the choice of running the XMB at 333mhz because I like having the internet working at 333mhz and I have a bunch of emulators and applications with custom icons, backgrounds, and background music. And it takes like 5sec to load the music and all for certain apps since they are big (on 222mhz) but when it's 333mhz it's more like 1-2 sec and that difference does matter to me. So basically I think if the M33 team gives you the choice to have 333mhz in the XMB then it should work, is anyone else having this problem because if so this bug should be reported to the M33 team.

I agree 333Mhz in the XMB could be useful.
I too also have tons of themes, music, apps and emulators.
However I have not seen any slow down accessing these files or games.
What EMU's and or APPS are giving you problems?

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 00:40
No I can't get 333mhz period.

ZeakStarwind
August 20th, 2007, 00:59
...This has come to a conclusion as to say..can someone please clarify what is true and what is not so I can know if it is ok to update to 3.52 M33-3!? Most of the posts I read through out the whole thread were mostly arguments and ridiculous concerns on rather to update or not.... If it is not too much trouble for anyone in the forums to say, what should I do honestly. Update to 3.52 M33-3 or wait for another update?

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 01:03
Weird. Do all other methods work? Like using recovery to change it?

MicroNut
August 20th, 2007, 01:03
...This has come to a conclusion as to say..can someone please clarify what is true and what is not so I can know if it is ok to update to 3.52 M33-3!? Most of the posts I read through out the whole thread were mostly arguments and ridiculous concerns on rather to update or not.... If it is not too much trouble for anyone in the forums to say, what should I do honestly. Update to 3.52 M33-3 or wait for another update?

From what I can tell its perfectly safe.
Upgrade if you want or need 3.30 pops support.
Want to watch UMD movies from the memory stick.
Want the new XMB menu launched from the home key.

ZeakStarwind
August 20th, 2007, 01:07
From what I can tell its perfectly safe.
Upgrade if you want or need 3.30 pops support.
Want to watch UMD movies from the memory stick.
Want the new XMB menu launched from the home key.

Thank you for your clarification. I will think about it tonight. Interesting features.

MicroNut
August 20th, 2007, 01:09
No I can't get 333mhz period.
In Wifi or just the XMB at all?

If you can not get it to set at all:
and I know it sounds like an overly easy fix
Try Resetting System Defaults in the XMB
Or using the "F1 formatter and Reset System Defaults" in the recovery menu.

I am watching a UMD @ 333Mhz right now...

"Squeak I tell you! SQUEAK!"

BelmontSlayer
August 20th, 2007, 01:10
PS3News is the shithole of the internet. I spent 30 minutes writing up a tutorial to help a noob and got permanently banned because I linked to a file hosted on a different PSP site. Apparently, posting links to other sites is grounds for ban on the site. Not to mention all the crap they tried to steal credit on.

PS3NEWS = BASTARDS!!!

Cloudhunter
August 20th, 2007, 01:26
]can it be confirmed that it does not brick if you just visit the site?

Yes, I confirm it. It doesn't brick your PSP just because you visit that site. However, if you download the version they put on their site, it WILL brick.

Cloudy

MicroNut
August 20th, 2007, 01:42
What true BASTARDS.

They knowingly host a popular file on their website that will brick a PSP.
Not because M33 made it that way.
Because THEY MADE IT THAT WAY.

Might as well open the eboot in your own hex editor type in some random chacacters
and then destroy your psp yourself.

scarph
August 20th, 2007, 01:46
No it will not brick.

Stop mongering fear.

I downloaded it and it works fine.

I have no agenda for ps3news or anything, but you're spreading lies.

Cloudhunter
August 20th, 2007, 01:48
What true BASTARDS.

They knowingly host a popular file on their website that will brick a PSP.

Yup, they show their true colours.

Worst thing about it is, any posts on their site get edited to say it worked fine... Looks like they are trying to give M33 a bad image.

No it will not brick.

Stop mongering fear.

I downloaded it and it works fine.

I have no agenda for ps3news or anything, but you're spreading lies.

Excuse me? I said if you download it from PS3NEWS then you'll brick. And that isn't a lie, it's the TRUTH. M33 have even said if you alter the EBOOT then it'll brick... And PS3NEWS have altered the eboot.

Cloudy

Safari Al
August 20th, 2007, 01:51
wow that pisses me off, stupid ps3 fanboys who hate psp

Anger
August 20th, 2007, 01:52

they steal others work and label it as there own. they post stolen software that noone is supposed to have. they ban people for the slightest thing (i was banned permanently for posting a hexed file for someone via a PM). and almost every single person i have seen posting on there is rude as hell not to mention unhelpfull. theres a long list of reasons to hate them and not one to like them. they are lowlife scum and im glad i can say what i like about those assholes here or anywhere else.

as for how they get there money - every time you visit there site you get ads right? even if you use an ad blocker your still getting the ads sent to you - they get paid for each advert they show you. they get even more if you happen to be dumb enough to click onto any of there adverts. they also rely quite heavily on donation (who in there right minds donates to thieves? - thats right - other thieves) because donation is the only way to pay for what they dont get via the adverts. i hope someone destroys that site permanently.

Yes, I confirm it. It doesn't brick your PSP just because you visit that site. However, if you download the version they put on their site, it WILL brick.

Cloudy

ahh right sorry about that, my mistake - i assumed it was like that from the license file that m33 included with the program.

scarph
August 20th, 2007, 02:44
they steal others work and label it as there own. they post stolen software that noone is supposed to have. they ban people for the slightest thing (i was banned permanently for posting a hexed file for someone via a PM). and almost every single person i have seen posting on there is rude as hell not to mention unhelpfull. theres a long list of reasons to hate them and not one to like them. they are lowlife scum and im glad i can say what i like about those assholes here or anywhere else.

as for how they get there money - every time you visit there site you get ads right? even if you use an ad blocker your still getting the ads sent to you - they get paid for each advert they show you. they get even more if you happen to be dumb enough to click onto any of there adverts. they also rely quite heavily on donation (who in there right minds donates to thieves? - thats right - other thieves) because donation is the only way to pay for what they dont get via the adverts. i hope someone destroys that site permanently.

ahh right sorry about that, my mistake - i assumed it was like that from the license file that m33 included with the program.

well i mean dcemu has ads too. but people said that they change files and stuff for their own personal gain. i mean i dont see how that would help. if you downloaded something from them and it said from ps3news.com, you already know about it, so its not much of an advertisement.

as for using the version of this file they hosted. it worked fine on my psp. it was the first time id been to that site. i registered, made a few bogus posts and then downloaded it.

im happily on v3 now

DPyro
August 20th, 2007, 02:47
well i mean dcemu has ads too. but people said that they change files and stuff for their own personal gain. i mean i dont see how that would help. if you downloaded something from them and it said from ps3news.com, you already know about it, so its not much of an advertisement.

as for using the version of this file they hosted. it worked fine on my psp. it was the first time id been to that site. i registered, made a few bogus posts and then downloaded it.

im happily on v3 now

Why would you register to that site when your already a member of this one and could have downloaded it from here? Anyway, reports are they hex edited the file so then it doesn't work and breaks peoples PSPs.

scarph
August 20th, 2007, 02:50
i did because i saw the warning and didnt believe they could look at my browsers cache.

and guess what, they cant

as much as i respect the m33 teams work, this is a lot of e-bullying. its an outlandish threat that isn't true and shouldn't be. If they give proper credit to the creator, i believe any site can post any freeware they want.

its part of gpl

now as ive already said
can we please just go back to hating qj

darknight88
August 20th, 2007, 03:05
Hey guys wath does the new pops thing do? Like do we have to use pops 3.30 or is it a plugin that we can use?? Like if i update to M33-3, will my PSX games use the 3.30 POPS or the 3.52 POPS???

BelmontSlayer
August 20th, 2007, 03:21
If they give proper credit to the creator, i believe any site can post any freeware they want.

THATS THE PROBLEM! PS3News always strips all the credit from the readme files, removes all links to the author's site and adds links to a fake member page they made in the author's name.

Hey guys wath does the new pops thing do? Like do we have to use pops 3.30 or is it a plugin that we can use?? Like if i update to M33-3, will my PSX games use the 3.30 POPS or the 3.52 POPS???

It allows you to run PSX games under the 3.30 prx. This fixes a few games which don't work.

Uberman
August 20th, 2007, 04:09
THATS THE PROBLEM! PS3News always strips all the credit from the readme files, removes all links to the author's site and adds links to a fake member page they made in the author's name.

Obviously driving up their ad revenue in the process.

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 04:32
Yeah I can't get the 333mhz in the XMB or the WiFi, I'll try resetting the settings to default and see what happens.

ps. What's the XMB launching from the HOME button thing?

Psychondrius
August 20th, 2007, 04:47
This release isn't posted on m-33.narod.ru, but I can confirm that it is however on www.pspx.ru, which their narod site links to. So it is from them, and everything should be kosher.

Squidman
August 20th, 2007, 04:52
hokay, so i just had a nice hour long read of 22 pages......and have been given relatively new info, but would like a small confirmation as i am a little depressed and paranoid at the moment.

i downloaded the M33-3 update from PSP-Hacks and it has come with all the files that everyone is mentioning, obviously the update file, the License and both languages for the readme and the popsloader prx file [for previous pops]. PSP-Hacks claimed to have their "source" from "pspx.ru" and someone in the comments section has claimed to have bricked from the files. should i re-download from here, and will i be safe to upgrade to 3.52M33-3 on my original launch TA-079 3.52M33-2 PSP with the AppleCor Theme installed?

Psychondrius
August 20th, 2007, 04:55
Actually (and literally just now), m-33 has posted the updated m33 3.52-3 file on the website, m-33.narod.ru. Download from there if you don't trust psp-news :) Update: pspx.ru requires forum registration before downloading.

Squidman
August 20th, 2007, 04:59
i'm guessing that this m-33.narod.ru site is M33 site as DAX had his own site?

so can you confirm that the files work? i don't know if i can get my mobo swapped by the guy that fixed my screen....and i don't feel like doing that Walmart thing, my PSP is the greatest most versatile console i've owned. [lol deep]

BelmontSlayer
August 20th, 2007, 05:16
i'm guessing that this m-33.narod.ru site is M33 site as DAX had his own site?

so can you confirm that the files work? i don't know if i can get my mobo swapped by the guy that fixed my screen....and i don't feel like doing that Walmart thing, my PSP is the greatest most versatile console i've owned. [lol deep]

The files here in the first post work great. Also, m-33.narod.ru is the M33 Team's official homepage and pspx.ru is the forum where they release their files.

John Vattic
August 20th, 2007, 05:23
Squidman, the file here and at psp-hacks are good. don't worry.

just make sure you delete the browser folder on your memory stick, and delete the browser cache on your pc.

it's a happy and sad day for psp homebrew/hacking. happy the new custom firmware features kick a$$, and sad that so many people have already bricked on the first day.

Too bad those ps3biochez are not the ones who will brick. It'll be noobs who will forever have contempt for the scene, simply because they didn't follow the internal conflicts of the psp scene, and we're robbed of their 150$ machine by some russians who promised them happiness. And you know what? It's not their fault, it's m33's fault, regardless of a vendetta.

Now the public will never have trust for m33. I feel the same way. I can never have that feeling of "they're good people" because they have done something so ethically wrong and underhanded to innocent users.

Booster and MPH!!!!!!! come back man!!! I trust you guys.:D

peace yall! don't let this crap be the end of psp homebrew!

wolfpack
August 20th, 2007, 05:23
wow.... this thread had so many wars and arguments... im just gonna ask one simple question and hope it gets answered, Should i upgrade to 3.52 M33 and then to 3.52M33-3 from my current firmwire right now which is 3.03OE?

MicroNut
August 20th, 2007, 10:52
Yeah I can't get the 333mhz in the XMB or the WiFi, I'll try resetting the settings to default and see what happens.

ps. What's the XMB launching from the HOME button thing?

There is a new menu that pops up in the xmb when the home button is pressed.

1. It lets you set the CPU clock speeds for XMB and Game.
2. Choose your USB Device: Mem stick, Flash 0,1,2 & 3 and UMD. (didnt notice that you can dump UMD movies using this, doh!)
3. Choose UMD ISO Mode
4. Mount UMD ISO Videos.

Only reasons to upgrade:
The new M33 XMB menu
ISO UMD Movie playback
Popsloader capability 3.30~3.52

Problems that I know about:
If you have any other plug-ins that use the home button in the xmb the new M33 menu might cause a problem.
You'll have to convert or get new themes for 3.5x
When a UMD Video is mounted, sometimes when switching out a UMD game it will fail to load (wrong region code error)

And this has happened to me once.
When exiting a game the ability to put the psp into sleep mode did not work.
I use the SCEP plug-in and it failed to execute any commands.
The PSP wouldn't go into sleep mode from the power button either.
I had to cold start my PSP.

If you do go to 3.5 M33 there is really no reason to use any other version that 3.52 because of all the fixes and changes in 3.51

dejkirkby
August 20th, 2007, 11:22
After doing more research, (thanks Cloudhunter and Eggman), I learned that brickers have been in loads of CFW's. I updated, and all was fine.
I'm still not entirely happy with being told which sites I may frequent, though!

Ryupowerup
August 20th, 2007, 11:52
MD5:
46f046a759fc0415d9ca9c4e0199a476 "BRICKER.PBP" (THIS IS PS3news VERSION)
b20e264b1e2042be87ee361fe9dd8ebf "EBOOT.PBP" (THIS in M33 FULL VERSION)

SEE PS3NEWS HEXed the M33 FULL VERSION and it changed the MD5

if the MD5 of the eboot is not b20e264b1e2042be87ee361fe9dd8ebf DONT USE it

ONLY use the eboot if the md5 is b20e264b1e2042be87ee361fe9dd8ebf

Nookadum
August 20th, 2007, 12:20
Cloudhunter, Ryupowerup, and Eggman are right. You guys have to check the hash (MD5) of the .PBP and see if it's correct. (see Ryupowerup's reply above)

The one at PS3News is ****ed up. I thought someone DDoS'd those ***gots?

jaws365
August 20th, 2007, 13:06
I updated and it works fine. However I get little scared by reading this thread. I never visited PS3NEWS, but I guess it must be really simple to make a proggy (virus) that does this automatically and then causes a a bunch of bricks. Also, someone mentioned that some other sites may cause PSP to brick too, which are those?

I will go back to 3.52 M33 to be sure as I love my homebrew PSP very much. No dis-respect to the M33, I just donīt want a brick because I missed out on some info in the homebrew scene, which I do quite often. Personally I think it would be enough to stop the XMB from working or similiar, not a total brick.

BTW: The home-menu is very nice, and would be even nicer with "reboot"-function and some way to change clockspeed in games. Then I would not need Custom Firmware Extender no more.

Dutt
August 20th, 2007, 13:10
WTF what if you visit this PS3news site but had no idea it was a shitty site for whatever reason and your PSP got bricked.

This is MADNESS!!!

Umm Yeah Ya Think So??? (I knoe now)
All i need is another psp...:(

Hey, it can't hurt.

And as for you mr-my-psp-will-not-turn-off, hold the power switch up until it turns off.

Cloudy

Yep tryed this and still no go..(she's A Brick)

heishin
August 20th, 2007, 13:56
Seems like there is a lot of confusion about that release.

Taken from PSPX.RU: License.txt is provided for ENGLISH speaking users only. The only thing Russian users should know - do not modify the installer that may result with a brick.

Meaning they are not evil or planing some plot to take control over all PSPs in the world. That is an action to fight back and make life of certain people harder.

In one word forget about bookmarks, history, cache or site membership. Download unmodified installer from trusted source. And you will be just fine.

heishin
August 20th, 2007, 13:58
As a side note. For all of you with TA0082 who have black screen after the update. Press the screen brightness button. Sometimes update switch off the screen.

jaws365
August 20th, 2007, 14:04
Seems like there is a lot of confusion about that release.

In one word forget about bookmarks, history, cache or site membership. Download unmodified installer from trusted source. And you will be just fine.

Thanks for that info! I just read the same at PSP-Hacks :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Gene
August 20th, 2007, 15:03
I am really confused about this entire updating thing. Maybe I'll just pass on a few extra features and stick with a fully working psp, rather than risk something this controversial.

So unless someone can give me some serious evidence this thing works, because i'm not going to risk it.

dejkirkby
August 20th, 2007, 15:27
I am really confused about this entire updating thing. Maybe I'll just pass on a few extra features and stick with a fully working psp, rather than risk something this controversial.

So unless someone can give me some serious evidence this thing works, because i'm not going to risk it.
As a very vocal voice against the fact there's a bricker, take it from me that the dl from here or my site works.

Nocuddle
August 20th, 2007, 15:28
What controversial?

There will be no more "editable" CFW.

http://lan.st/showthread.php?t=1419

Why ppl hexing cfw for?
Sum1 change sumthin, they get brick. Serve them right.

Dun blame on the dev, blame it on ps3n00b. Coz of em, we get this whole "bricking/unsafe" fiasco. The fact is, M33-3 update is totally safe. If ppl dun agree their term, dun use it.

Really I hope all cfw (future) devs follow suit like M33's & make their cfw super secure.

specialist83
August 20th, 2007, 16:16
use the ORIGINAL eboot from M33 - it'll worked perfectly just like my set...

and those ppl who are still sooooo scared even after so many ppl had explained this situation...put down your psp now and go bang your head on the wall...

jerrt
August 20th, 2007, 16:29
i'm afraid we have reached a bit of a turning point in the state of custom firmware and it scares me. I was once a visitor to the *banned site*, i even made the occasional blog post. then i become privy to some of their more shady actions [so i stopped going] and now i have to worry about my psp getting bricked.

so because i've got an account, an account i don't even use anymore, i have to live in fear? wow, and i thought i could get away from this kind of thing on the internet. so because i didn't know what kind of site they were originally, i have to be lumped into this collective pot of evil doers and bad guys? well i'm sorry their website doesn't explain that they do truly terrible things before i started using it. i'm sorry that i didn't fine dcemu till after i found the 'other' site.

i don't condone theft. even before the leak, the flow of information hasn't appeared to be truly hampered, and now it like we are being forced into choosing sides. i don't want to choose sides. hell writing this is probably going to get me into trouble.

i feel like my one of my last real freedoms in life has been taken away from me.

Platt
August 20th, 2007, 16:33
I downloaded and insalled this and it works fine. I have never visited the ps3news site but i deleted my history on both my PC and PSP to be safe. I highly disagree with what the M33 team are doing because it is very harsh, even if it is an illegal site. The most they should do is just not allow the update to install on these peoples PSPs. I also dont know what this PS3news site has done, so can someone tell me please, unless it is forbidden to talk about it ;)

Nocuddle
August 20th, 2007, 16:50
I also dont know what this PS3news site has done, so can someone tell me please, unless it is forbidden to talk about it ;)

Its ok to talk, but its kinda long & boring.
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=75136

Basically, they are stealing other peoples work. Hack the file & put their name on it. Read what DA saying abt it. Gluck reading it. :thumbup:

jerrt
August 20th, 2007, 17:00
ok, now that i have dug around and waded through all the posts, i now see that bricks only occur if part of the file has be hex edited. since i get my software from here, i shouldn't have a problem, but maybe the warning on the front page should be edited to reflect this, i mean the truth is much more mature than fear.

heishin
August 20th, 2007, 17:04
i feel like my one of my last real freedoms in life has been taken away from me.

Dude, NO ONE can take your freedom from you! Even if you locked in the cell, all tied up. You still free. Freedom is inside not outside.

The M33 team did what they did on a purpose. But they probably hit the wrong target. The whole point was to stop people from visiting certain sites. They make it over dramatic though. Scaring people all around the community.

The only thing checked is installer itself. If modified it will brick PSP. And that certain site usually modify files to get credits.

Meaning you have nothing to worry about. Just get the update from trusted source.

jerrt
August 20th, 2007, 17:10
Dude, NO ONE can take your freedom from you! Even if you locked in the cell, all tied up. You still free. Freedom is inside not outside.

The M33 team did what they did on a purpose. But they probably hit the wrong target. The whole point was to stop people from visiting certain sites. They make it over dramatic though. Scaring people all around the community.

The only thing checked is installer itself. If modified it will brick PSP. And that certain site usually modify files to get credits.

Meaning you have nothing to worry about. Just get the update from trusted source.

you are right, but the emotions of not being able to easily understand what is actually going on makes one weak kneed sometimes.

as i said in my follow up, now that i have a better understanding of what is going on, i'm less worried and i'm a bit more comfortable about what they did.

i'm still convinced this needs to be added to the first thing that is seen. granted the method they choose allowed for them to only punish those that goto the *banned site*, thus not directly affecting those that wouldn't normally change the released program, but from the alerts this has raised all over the internet, they could at least make note of it in the original post.

Squidman
August 20th, 2007, 17:17
The files here in the first post work great. Also, m-33.narod.ru is the M33 Team's official homepage and pspx.ru is the forum where they release their files.

aaahh, ok, i tried to register at pspx to download from their, and i can't really register when it doesn't send me the email, lol.

Squidman, the file here and at psp-hacks are good. don't worry.

just make sure you delete the browser folder on your memory stick, and delete the browser cache on your pc.

it's a happy and sad day for psp homebrew/hacking. happy the new custom firmware features kick a$$, and sad that so many people have already bricked on the first day.

Too bad those ps3biochez are not the ones who will brick. It'll be noobs who will forever have contempt for the scene, simply because they didn't follow the internal conflicts of the psp scene, and we're robbed of their 150$ machine by some russians who promised them happiness. And you know what? It's not their fault, it's m33's fault, regardless of a vendetta.

Now the public will never have trust for m33. I feel the same way. I can never have that feeling of "they're good people" because they have done something so ethically wrong and underhanded to innocent users.

Booster and MPH!!!!!!! come back man!!! I trust you guys.:D

peace yall! don't let this crap be the end of psp homebrew!

i could swear that the internet thing was a load of BS, it was just the hex edited files from the douchemongers at ps3news. [speaking of which, i only visit the site for....ps3...news, lol just cause they have a "dignified" and semi-easy to follow download section]

SmashinGit
August 20th, 2007, 17:20
Downloaded and installed, no problems. I decided to treat that warning message before you press x like I do when I pick up my pack of cigarettes, I ignored it.

Squidman
August 20th, 2007, 17:28
oh and something that i recently read about the MD5....how would you be able to check that, i remember seeing that before updating to the 3.52M33 and in the OE series, but how do you check on a simple update such as this? [well i found how to check the CRC thing that's through winrar correct?]

Veskgar
August 20th, 2007, 17:45
Well after the dust finally settled and all the squabbling is over, I decided to update.

No problems here, update worked great. The only annoying thing I noticed so far is that if you lower the speed of VSH blow 222 or "default", you can't go right back into the menu and change it back. The EXIT option won't stay highlighted. If you load up a game and then go back to XMB or change it in recovery, it works again.

Also, not being able to put the PSP in sleep mode or power down by holding power slide up for 4 seconds is really annoying. It takes like 10 seconds to get the PSP to forcefully shut off.

I'm glad it has been cleared up that ONLY modified EBOOTs of the update will cause bricks. It is unfortunate that there are lamer sites out there that put a bad name on the scene.

Thanks M33 Team!

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 17:47
Okay after some investigating I have finally figured out what the problem is with not getting 333mhz in the XMB. After disabling my VSHAnalog (which switches the analog and Dpad and vice verca in the XMB) I can get 333mhz in the XMB but there still remains to be some issues. Now see I asked in my last post what the HOME button menu thing was, the reason I didn't know what it did was because while having the VSHAnalog enabled in the Recovery menu the HOME button menu wouldn't come up. The strange thing is the VSHAnalog plugin doesn't use the HOME button just the 2 volume buttons to switch between the Dpad and Analog. After disabling this I could get 333mhz but I still had small bugs, such as the mhz not staying at 333mhz (going back to 222mhz) and then freezing in the XMB. My PSP would freeze and just act funny even after disabling the plugin, so I have gotten back to 3.52 M33-2. I haven't experienced ANY of these issues with previous versions of M33 firmwares, but please someone report these bugs and hopefully we will get a M33-4 fix.