PDA

View Full Version : GPS STATE: off .. in 3.52 m33

replicat0r
August 20th, 2007, 01:31
i got a sony gps290, i had 3.03oe-c before, and it worked good, now after that i changed my xmb a bit, the game boot, the font, and the top_menu, after that, when i attach the gps290, and i press the square, it will say GPS ON, when i goto GPS info, it will say GPS STATE: OFF. so.. i reflashed the default gameboot, xmb, font etc... and updated to 3.52 m33, now i installed mapthis! v5.0, at first it says usbacc.prx is not found or smthin like that GPS will not be loaded, so i went to mhoue974's video and downloated his file, and used his prx, now the mapview loads properly, but the gps still says OFF.. anyone know how 2 fix this..?

ruspa
August 20th, 2007, 11:02
i got a sony gps290, i had 3.03oe-c before, and it worked good, now after that i changed my xmb a bit, the game boot, the font, and the top_menu, after that, when i attach the gps290, and i press the square, it will say GPS ON, when i goto GPS info, it will say GPS STATE: OFF. so.. i reflashed the default gameboot, xmb, font etc... and updated to 3.52 m33, now i installed mapthis! v5.0, at first it says usbacc.prx is not found or smthin like that GPS will not be loaded, so i went to mhoue974's video and downloated his file, and used his prx, now the mapview loads properly, but the gps still says OFF.. anyone know how 2 fix this..?
I've got the same exact problem... If you get through this please tell me how you did. Wich motherboad have you got? Mine is a TA-82. I've read somewhere that the cf on newer motherboard mess up the usb port in some cases... But can't get a clue on what to do.
Gps state: off

:(

Mystheryman
August 20th, 2007, 11:57
there are some broken id's.
Check the web, for Willi Keycleaner.

Fix your key's and it should work

PDG
August 20th, 2007, 12:43
there are some broken id's.
Check the web, for Willi Keycleaner.

Fix your key's and it should work

Either that or extraxt your own .prx files by using my guides :)

Turn off WiFi and Plugins :)
Set kernel to 1.50

ruspa
August 21st, 2007, 23:11
if you got a ta-82 and did (obviously) the "id storage change", you messed unnecessary keys.
Look for a "id storage fix" program.. READ VERY WELL all the docs on these progs (there is a few), and run it.
It should, as id did on my psp, fix the broken keys restoring them to the original (exept the needed ones for the id storage trick). After that, your psp should work normally and your gps should be functional.
Read very well the docs of these progs, if you run a prog that changes the id storage of your psp back to a normal, original ta-82 (if this program exist, I hope not but we are never too sure, aren't we?) you'll get a brick!!!
Some of these progs wants you to download some 043.bin file and insert in a directory and blah blah, it was to messy for me. So I looked for a all-in-one prog: this one worked FOR ME -> Id repair (http://psp.console-tribe.com/news/3-3-18684/general-idstorage-repair-and-150-ipl-enabler.html)
As always, use at your own risk. :rolleyes:

caralhingo
August 23rd, 2007, 18:32
I have downgraded my 2.71 ta-082 to the new 3.52 m-33 and using the new mapthis 0.5 with psp-290
I have used the prx files from flash0/kn folder.
My GPS STATE is also OFF
Any help would be appreciated thanks!!

Mystheryman
August 23rd, 2007, 18:45
same problem as above ...

fix your ID's.
It should work then. If not, feel free to post it here :)

Link001
August 25th, 2007, 20:19
I think I did everything I've been reading about and no such luck.

I'm running 3.52 M33 with MapThis .4.97

I generated my own .prx files
I ran KeyCleaner 1.1 (I think I ran it correctly)
I attempted to run under kernal 1.5 but the MapThis program didn't like that... it will only load with 3.52 kernel.

I still get GPS State: off. I wait 10 minutes and still nothing.
SATELLITE INFO has nothing underneath.

Can anyone help me?

Skv0ra
August 25th, 2007, 23:05
Slightly OT, but I get the satellite connection, yet mapthis doesn't track my position on the map, at all. Any thoughts? Maybe map is too big, maybe I made it wrong.

diskreet
August 26th, 2007, 09:52
same problem here... i tried pretty much all the suggestions here except the key cleaner.... so i'll do other test. but i'll be watching this thread.

PDG
August 26th, 2007, 09:53
I think I did everything I've been reading about and no such luck.

I'm running 3.52 M33 with MapThis .4.97

I generated my own .prx files
I ran KeyCleaner 1.1 (I think I ran it correctly)
I attempted to run under kernal 1.5 but the MapThis program didn't like that... it will only load with 3.52 kernel.

I still get GPS State: off. I wait 10 minutes and still nothing.
SATELLITE INFO has nothing underneath.

Can anyone help me?

Try downloading 0.499 :)
All my tuts is based on them and i run 3.52 M33-4 right now and it works like a charm :)

Link001
August 26th, 2007, 20:50
Just tried this with .499 and .5 and still same result.

I'm out of ideas. Is there a way to test out the PSP-290 without using mapthis? I want to try to see if it's the hardware.

PDG
August 27th, 2007, 10:38
Just tried this with .499 and .5 and still same result.

I'm out of ideas. Is there a way to test out the PSP-290 without using mapthis? I want to try to see if it's the hardware.

There is a Green Screen GPS test proggie that Deniska linked to in one of the Tut sections.
But if you have installed MapThis and you go to the GPS Info Screen its almost as good as the greenscreen if you use a PSP-290 device.

Have you tried to turn of WiFi?

Have you extracted your own .prx files?

Did you turn off or disabled varoius plugins via Recovery?

If you have a Ta+082 motherborad did you use a keycleaner ??

Link001
August 27th, 2007, 14:39
Have you tried to turn of WiFi?

Yes I have

Have you extracted your own .prx files?

Using the technique you outlined coping them from flash0/fn, I have.

Did you turn off or disabled varoius plugins via Recovery?

I had no plugins in the recovery panel to turn on or off.

If you have a Ta+082 motherborad did you use a keycleaner ??

I did. But I'm unsure if it worked. There a bunch of keys that say none or copied...and over and over I run it with the same result.

PDG
August 27th, 2007, 14:55
Im not really shure what to sey else than try downing your clockspeed to 110Mhz by pressing down on the d-pad whilst in GPS info menu and go sit outside in a open spot.

One member actually sat inside the whole time and no wonder he did not recive GPS signals *Lol*

Link001
August 28th, 2007, 04:07
yep tried that. putting down to 110mhz doesn't go anything.

And I left my psp in the backyard for a half hour

PDG
August 28th, 2007, 09:08
yep tried that. putting down to 110mhz doesn't go anything.

And I left my psp in the backyard for a half hour

Do you have the value 38400 Baud in your config and did you try the Green Screen GPS tester application?
http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/gps_viewer.zip

And do you have a Ta-082 PSP and if so did you try cleaning regkeys in it ?

I just got a new PSP with TA-082 motherboard that was bricked then unbricked and i bricked it again and unbricked it myselve just for fun with my own Pandora kit :) Anyways i downloaded 0.5 of MapThis and got it running with my PSP-290 GPS and i even tried the 0.499 version too and that worked too.

The nicest thing was that i noticed that the 0.5 starts with CPu set to 89Mhz :D But the old 0.499 worked at 110Mhz too.

I got my third PSP because my other two has the older motherboard and i heard lots of people complaining that they cant get stuff to work for them. My TA-082 PSP runs with Custom FW 3.52 M33-4.