PDA

View Full Version : Majoy Stryker [source pending]

Sterist
August 20th, 2007, 02:36
SORRY, screwed up the name. Major Stryker
================================================== ==========

this game is an absolutely amazing game. VERY very addicting space shooter (don't heard that too often, do ya?)

well anyway, i know it's open source, but the site i've been using doesn't hold it. ill continue to search for it and i will return to edit this post on an undetermined date if/when i am able/not able to locate source code. --SEE NEXT POST ABOUT SOURCE--

the game is for DOS, i have attatched the game (freeware), so if you want to give it a go, PLEASE do :thumbup: :thumbup: you wont regret it

it also runs flawlessly on DOSBOX (bless you, CrazyC), however, keyboard-on-psp-controls make it unplayable (via emulator on psp) :(

here is a screenshot from somewhere mid-game taken from www.dosgames.com (freeware / shareware site). this screenshot is NOT from the psp:

http://www.dosgames.com/screens/major.gif

edit: PLEASE NOTE!!!! when starting, it says "This program is NOT shareware!". this is from when it used to retail, it has since been released to the public as shareware. you can find it across many shareware sites.

Sterist
August 20th, 2007, 03:14
well, it appears that there are precious few copies of the source code on the net, which have NOT been floppy-disk-ized (corrupted)

after an hour of non-stop searching on various search engines, i give up :( but i will continue to inactively search for it

if anyone by some strike of luck happens to find it, don't hesitate to bring it to this thread

Wally
August 20th, 2007, 04:09
Looks / Sounds good, source is probably not legal if it was leaked

To clarify some of the first post.
dosgames.com does not host abandonware, its Freeware / Shareware only.

I know emmzee wouldnt host Abandonware :)

Sterist
August 20th, 2007, 21:54
from what i've seen in a blog from google's findings, one of the APOGEE employee's said (not word for word) that the source code was released on the last-few-hundred-or-so copies of retail floppies (under some sort of distribution license) before it "came off the market, due to poor sales."