PDA

View Full Version : Anime series you would recommend

gunntims0103
August 20th, 2007, 16:40
I'm currently looking for a new series of anime to watch since i just finished watching mostly all the series that interested me and at the moment I'm curious as too what anime series you all watch and which ones you think are the best and that you would recommend. Ill give my short list of anime series that i love, watched, and would recommend to others.

Eureka Seven
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs7/300W/i/2006/347/d/b/Eureka_SeveN_Wallpaper_Pack_by_akiraeternal.jpg
Eureka seven might quite possibly be one of the best anime series I've ever watched. The story was one of the best I've seen for a anime and i felt the story was well tied up at the very end, which should be the case for any anime. Eureka seven at its core is a "mecha" anime. Which is surprising to be one of my favorites since I'm not into mecha type anime series. You really feel the heart to heart connection in this series and i would recommend this to anyone who is a anime viewer.

Full Metal Alchemist
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs6/300W/i/2005/060/0/f/Full_Metall_Alchemist__by_neko_rulz.jpg
Full Metal Alchemist is another great anime series that i have watched. Though i must admit the ending was a little disappointing. The premise of the story however is great and the characters of the story are well thought out and put together nicely. The main thing that i like about FMA is the in-depth story. The series goes above and beyond to bring you a really well put together story. I would recommend this series to anyone.

Inuyasha
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/1205859~Inuyasha-Group-Tree-Posters.jpg
Whats there to say about this series. Its one of the best. I myself really prefer the English dub of this series. The story is mainly about a girl who goes on adventures with companions in the feudal era in japan. among her companions is a half-demon named Inuyasha, who searches for the jewel shards of the four souls. Theres also a monk named miroku, a demon slayer named songo, a demon fox named shippo, and a demon cat named kilala. Its a all around great series to watch. Though the series ended abruptly, i believe that the manga series to Inuyasha is still ongoing.

Samurai Champloo
http://www.coolhunting.com/images/SamuraiChamploo-Silhouettes.jpg
I must say that this series is really good. The thing i like most about this series is that it gives alot of historical references about life in japan. mainly in the "Edo" period of japan. Its a story of a girl named Fuu who is in search of a samurai who smells of sun flowers. She is accompanied by two highly skilled samurai. Together they make there way to Nagasaki.

Ichigo 100%
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j21/pspnaruto/Clipboard.jpg
This anime is more on the lighter side and more romance based. Though it had me laughing occasionally and has a great premise to the story. Though the anime is very short, only being 12 episodes in length, i hear the manga is epic and the story after the anime is one of the best. I would recommend this series to someone who wants to kick back from more violent based animes.

School Rumble
http://silenteve.net/pic/photo/school_rumble_2.jpg
This anime is full of humor and will have you laughing from the beginning to the very end. though im a little disappointed with the ending of the 2nd season. Apparently there will be a third. I'm currently trying to get into the manga of this series since the anime was so well done and very humorist.

Bleach (ongoing)
http://darren.wiinix.com/games/bleach/bleach_blade_00.jpg
One of my very favorite series right now. Though the Fillers are killing the series at the moment. I'm trying to hang tough, because i know once the heavy fighting in the "save Orihime" arc starts. Ill be right back into the series. On a serious note, the manga is far better than the anime series will ever be. I recommend the anime as well as the manga to anyone.

naruto
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/GEE/W9612-NT~Naruto-Posters.jpg
a great series with and awesome story along with great ties to Japanese Mythology. The story is simply captivating and will have any anime watcher hooked. The series may start off a bit slow, but just you wait. I recommend this series to all.

Naruto Shippuuden (ongoing)
http://images.tvrage.net/shows/15/14748.jpg
Starts off where the naruto series left off. This is where the real action starts and the story moves along a little faster than its predecessor. Thruthfully, i believe that the manga to the naruto series is far better than the anime. The battles in the manga are simply stunning. Wait till you see the Deidara .vs. Sasuke fight. Its highly entertaining. I recommend the series and the manga above all else.

DragonBall Z
http://dragonyash.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/dragonballz-2.jpg
Whats there to say. This series is what really put anime on the map with its high popularity. Its a must watch for any anime viewer.

PLZKLLME0080
August 20th, 2007, 16:57
All of the anime shows that i watch (2 of them) you listed so idk what you could watch.
Actually Paranoia agent was a pretty good anime. It didnt really have any fighting in it but it was kinda interesting.

ICE
August 20th, 2007, 16:58
hmm thats pretty much all the ones i know of lmao. are you still running that site with the anime stuff on it?

gunntims0103
August 20th, 2007, 17:02
hmm thats pretty much all the ones i know of lmao. are you still running that site with the anime stuff on it?

Yes, but i might delete it soon. Since I'm more interested in the manga of the bleach and naruto series than anything else.

trainerkai
August 20th, 2007, 17:04
I love watching the inuyasha i hope they will countiue the story bleach is good but the new one....is..nah lol
anyway naruto is ok i guess, oh and i love watching dbz

gdf
August 20th, 2007, 18:18
afro samurai ftw

gunntims0103
August 20th, 2007, 18:43
afro samurai ftw

isn't afro samurai a American made anime. Meh i prefer the japan grown stuff ;)

Gizmo356
August 20th, 2007, 18:49
http://sailormusic.net/covers/Sailor%20Moon%20SuperS%20Movie%20Music%20Collectio n.jpg

My personal favorite :D.....

JKKDARK
August 20th, 2007, 19:10
I can't believe Elfen Lied and Haruhi Suzumiya are not your favorite series.

gdf
August 20th, 2007, 19:56
afro samurai IS japanese, it was just dubbed and brought to america. it was popular in japan. i saw it on a tv show a while ago about japan. they just thought it would get a good reception in the west. it's short but tight!

gunntims0103
August 21st, 2007, 04:17
I can't believe Elfen Lied and Haruhi Suzumiya are not your favorite series.

Sorry JKKDARK, I've never heard of such anime. If you could give me some background on them i might just check them out. :)

kcajblue
August 21st, 2007, 05:29
I can't believe Elfen Lied and Haruhi Suzumiya are not your favorite series.i know.
those are two really good animes ive watched.
elfen lied had a crazy story to it.

and haruhi was really short, but really funny.

Sorry JKKDARK, I've never heard of such anime. If you could give me some background on them i might just check them out. :)i cant belive you havent heard of them.
you should watch them both.

Elfen Lied: The Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: On the first day of high school a beautiful girl named Haruhi Suzumiya introduces herself as having "no interest in ordinary humans". She asks for any aliens, time travelers, sliders or espers to join her. Watching her weird behaviour is Kyon who sits in front of Haruhi and is the only person who talks to her. When Kyon comments about Haruhi's joining every club in school and then quitting he unwittingly gives Haruhi an idea to start her own after school club. Thereafter Kyon and several others find themselves dragged, literally, into the Save our world by Overloading it with fun Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (the S.O.S. Brigade for short).

SnesR0X
August 21st, 2007, 09:48
Sorry JKKDARK, I've never heard of such anime. If you could give me some background on them i might just check them out. :)

Yeah, Elfen Lied is by far my favourite anime. Check it out or die!!! :p

quzar
August 21st, 2007, 10:08
Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Welcome to the NHK!, Love Hina, Outlaw Star, Tenchi (the full series, all movies and a tutorial on the reasons there are 4 different cannons as to how the story plays out), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Angel Sanctuary, His and Her Circumstances, Onegai Teacher, Onegai Twins, and GTO.

All excellent series, all totally worth watching, and all (AFAIK) availible dubbed in America on official DVDs.

Zargon
August 22nd, 2007, 07:23
Rurouni Kenshin is pretty cool. One of my favorites.

kcajblue
August 22nd, 2007, 07:36
this is a list of some of the anime im currently watching and have finished.

currently watching:
bleach
devil may cry
lovely complex
naruto shippuden
one piece
seto no hanayome
tales of symphonia
zombie loan

finished:
death note
dokuro chan
full metal alchemist
full metal panic
ergo proxy
mushishi
naruto

there is probably a whole lot more that i finished, i just cant remember them all.

the ones i really recommend are:
bleach
one piece
naruto/shippuden
death note
full metal alchemist
full metal panic
mushishi
dokuro chan
seto no hanayome

now that i mentioned mushishi.
im going to find the data disc for it and watch it again.
and dokuro chan.

razorak
August 22nd, 2007, 09:34
hmm...Shaman king?

X - i wouldn't recommend this

currently watching:
D.gray man

finished :

Hell Girl aka Jigou Shoujo (series 1)
Twelve Kingdoms - X
Last exile
The count of monte cristo - X
Inuyasha up to dunno which season (i gave up on this one it's so freaking long)
Shaman King - YES! YES! THIS ONE!!
Ragnarok

gdf
August 22nd, 2007, 16:32
i also enjoyed full metal panic kcaj.

try excel saga, it's officially mental.

gunntims0103
August 23rd, 2007, 00:28
hmm........ i just don't know what series to watch now. I just finished death note and i loved it alot. Everyone feel free to use this thread as a open discussion for all anime :)

mexicansnake
August 23rd, 2007, 05:50
Inuyasha :).

gdf
August 23rd, 2007, 17:04
cool, there seem to be many series people here are into. i'll definitely check some of these out.

kcajblue
August 23rd, 2007, 19:25
i might, but not until later cause im watchin too many series right now.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
August 24th, 2007, 15:21
the only anime ive really gotten into (other than pokemon at a younge age) has been avatar the last airbender, or avatar the legend of aang for those of you in the uk