PDA

View Full Version : A closer look at PSP's AV cables

Shrygue
August 20th, 2007, 20:06
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/08/20/a-closer-look-at-psps-av-cables/)

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2007/08/pspavcomp.jpg

Here are the cables that you'll need to get your PSP connected to your TV. Official pricing hasn't been announced quite yet, but we can still stare in awe at the packaging, marveling at when we'll be able to connect our PSP systems to the TV.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2007/08/pspavcomp2.jpg

Emeriastone
August 20th, 2007, 20:27
Sadly, unwary PSP1000 model owners will neglect to read the fine print and purchase this product only to discover they cannot use it. Um hello??? We would like a firmware upgrade with video out please!!

jurkevicz
August 20th, 2007, 20:35
That's great, we will be all left out in the rain... Thanks a LOT sony. You SUCK!

Veskgar
August 20th, 2007, 20:43
Nice cables, I had thought they were just going to be regular composite cables (yellow for video, red/white for audio). The fact that they are component cables is great for people like me who have widescreen, high-def TV's.

Since I plan on getting the ice silver PSP 2000, I think I may get a set of these cables if the price is right.

Now SONY needs to give us an extended battery for the PSP Slim.

brunobelo
August 20th, 2007, 20:43
I'm still thinking that this will work on PSP Phat...

parkermauney
August 20th, 2007, 21:11
I fixed it:
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5702/pspavcompqp4.png

I entirely think it's possible too.
Maybe an irshell run option.

Accordion
August 20th, 2007, 21:13

well these cables will definitely not work, the connector is different.

however both ports feature six pins, so i guess it may be possible [but not likely]

carlitx
August 20th, 2007, 21:18
That's great, we will be all left out in the rain... Thanks a LOT sony. You SUCK!

yeah sony you F*CKING SUCK! once again the crazy fu*ktards are leaving dedicated gamers out in the cold wet hurricane and forcing us to by another console. i mean do they even realize that we are not all rich and made of the money they so greedily try and get?

parkermauney
August 20th, 2007, 21:20

For PSP-2000 ONLY

QFE

Accordion
August 20th, 2007, 21:24
yeah sony you F*CKING SUCK! once again the crazy fu*ktards are leaving dedicated gamers out in the cold wet hurricane and forcing us to by another console. i mean do they even realize that we are not all rich and made of the money they so greedily try and get?

crazy.

if you have an old psp, then you most likely have custom firmware…meaning you can use remotejoy…meaning you already have tv-out. calm down.

hacksparrow
August 20th, 2007, 21:34
crazy.

if you have an old psp, then you most likely have custom firmware…meaning you can use remotejoy…meaning you already have tv-out. calm down.
a link would be greatly appreciated, i was goin to buy a psp2000 just so i could play dracula x on a big tv

gamefreak199101
August 20th, 2007, 22:00
definite not gonna work on the old psp becuz for one thing the part where the u plug into psp is a bit smaller than the usual so it wont work for sure unless the can change where the little chip thingy is

Emeriastone
August 20th, 2007, 22:15
I was just thinking this,

It may be entirely possible for the homebrew community to take these cables and get them to work in the same manner as the other peripherals, such as the remote control, or microphone--

Coders could decrypt the protocols and use them to work with homebrew applications--allowing homebrew to give video output. It might really be that simple.

Also it would be the perfect excuse for Sony to market these to PSP homebrew users for that single cause alone. Sony loves money. You gotta hand it to them.

Accordion
August 20th, 2007, 22:16
a link would be greatly appreciated, i was goin to buy a psp2000 just so i could play dracula x on a big tv

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70073&highlight=remotejoy

next time use the search function.

Basil Zero
August 20th, 2007, 22:35
I dont think it would be possible, this is hardware we're talking about, not software in which coders can make it to work like a emulator.

mavsman4457
August 20th, 2007, 22:55
crazy.

Wow, thank you so much for this point. I guess I didn't really think about it much when Remotejoy came out but I have always wanted to play my PSP on my TV using the AV out cables and now I see that I don't need them. Thanks for pointing this out and I guess I will now upgrade to the M33 custom firmware so I can just follow the remotejoy instructions as easily as possible. Once again thanks for the idea and how is remotejoy? Is there any lag? Can you assign keyboard or joystick controls to the PSP's controls? If you can then this would be outstanding and I would definitely use this for playing MGS: PO. Wow this will be great.

Mew
August 20th, 2007, 22:55
well I have to say.. I don't know if remotejoy does the same good quality as the official video output.. remotejoy always seemed pixelated in fullscreen.... a simply nice filter would solve the problem I suppose

Accordion
August 20th, 2007, 23:01
Wow, thank you so much for this point. I guess I didn't really think about it much when Remotejoy came out but I have always wanted to play my PSP on my TV using the AV out cables and now I see that I don't need them. Thanks for pointing this out and I guess I will now upgrade to the M33 custom firmware so I can just follow the remotejoy instructions as easily as possible. Once again thanks for the idea and how is remotejoy? Is there any lag? Can you assign keyboard or joystick controls to the PSP's controls? If you can then this would be outstanding and I would definitely use this for playing MGS: PO. Wow this will be great.

i get pretty close performance in regards to lag, and im running it through a windows VM on Mac OS X on a top spec Macbook Pro. I think running directly on XP it should be faster. only problem is i cant get fullscreen to work...yet.

NeoXCS
August 20th, 2007, 23:15
Remotejoy has quite a few bugs though. It crashes a lot during saves in some games, while not even loading others. It's not really perfect. Not saying it's useless just not as good as the cables could be. :p

Apoklepz
August 21st, 2007, 00:28
I agree...it's not the perfect app, but then again, everything good is perfected with time + we'll soon have multiplayer POPS via the next IRshell working in conjunction with Remotejoy...and to think the Slim model and the cables aren't even on sale right now.

Homebrew still manages to amaze me like the first day.

yoshinatsu
August 21st, 2007, 00:34
What about us with an old TV? :( :( :(
This is a component!!! Where's the composite cable?!!?!?!?!? Is there one?!?!?:mad: :mad: :mad:

ish420ism
August 21st, 2007, 00:58
:rofl:
So what your saying is that dvd's will work on a vhs player. Think about it. As simple as that:rofl:

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 01:01
so its not red yellow and white cables.. that sucks, now i cant play psp in my room on my little white tv.. i dont even think my plasma screen tv in my living room has those connections..

Tinnus
August 21st, 2007, 01:56
so its not red yellow and white cables.. that sucks, now i cant play psp in my room on my little white tv.. i dont even think my plasma screen tv in my living room has those connections..
It does.

Joe88
August 21st, 2007, 02:07
What about us with an old TV? :( :( :(
This is a component!!! Where's the composite cable?!!?!?!?!? Is there one?!?!?:mad: :mad: :mad:

composite cable would break easily, pin would bend or break and thats it...
you can buy a converter if you want but their fairly expensive

VCR and some DVD players also have input for these cables so you can run them through there instead

yoshinatsu
August 21st, 2007, 02:12
composite cable would break easily, pin would bend or break and thats it...
you can buy a converter if you want but their fairly expensive

VCR and some DVD players also have input for these cables so you can run them through there instead

I know they do, but I think their signal is not displayed on standard definition TVs.

Gizmo356
August 21st, 2007, 02:15
Why does sony turn all there great things into trash?

Safari Al
August 21st, 2007, 03:06
i hate sony, they leave us in the dust

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 03:09
supposedly TV out is only supposed to work with HDTVs..

yoshinatsu
August 21st, 2007, 03:27
supposedly TV out is only supposed to work with HDTVs..

No, no. Sorry, I just saw:D
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.pspfanboy.com/media/2007/08/pspavcomp3.jpg

I'm not angry to Sony now:thumbup:
I knew that video-out would have been for PSP-2000 only.
But either way I'd buy one, I liked it from the very first moment :p

Art
August 21st, 2007, 04:52

So when you buy a car, and a new model comes out
with cruise control, you'll expect the manufacturer to
recall your model and fit it out too?

Do you feel ripped off buying a tape recorder in the 80's because CDs are out now?

We would like a firmware upgrade with video out please!!
TV out requires a hardware upgrade, if it didn't we would get it for free in the hope that we would buy games.
There'd be no reason not to. It would also entice an official firmware upgrade.

Murdock
August 21st, 2007, 06:50
So when you buy a car, and a new model comes out
with cruise control, you'll expect the manufacturer to
recall your model and fit it out too?

Do you feel ripped off buying a tape recorder in the 80's because CDs are out now?

TV out requires a hardware upgrade, if it didn't we would get it for free in the hope that we would buy games.
There'd be no reason not to. It would also entice an official firmware upgrade.

U r comparing apples to plums (or whatever ...) ... I mean this is entirely ****ed up! Sony knew that they'd bring out model with TV Out, PLUS the technology was already there ... they just thought "hey, let's rip off some of our loyal customers a second time by denying them a very good and (for some ppl.) needed feature of our console and just release a second model". And don't tell me this is bullshit. It's Sony's strategy for years now ... they don't implement good features, just to rip off their customers, they use ppl. buying their stuff as the very first ones as beta-testers for their crap, etc.

This is INTOLERABLE! It's like blaming pirates for their high prices of video games ... exactly the same does the movie industry ... they tell us "oh, we are so poor because of thos bad bad pirates ... come to the cinema and watch out movie for ~7 to 10 Euro (!!!) or else we can't effort to do the next (cheap, non-innovative) sequel of Spiderman" (or a similar movie). But have u had a look at the gains of those companies? They raise their profit alomost every year ... and movie stars get more and more with every ****in movie ... sorry, but I don't pay for that ...

Cheaper prices attract more people ... cheaper prices are achieved by paying those nerds in holliwood less money ... AND by just cutting out SOME of those overdone special effects ... sorry, but come on ... who realy believes that a NO2 injection realy worx like shown in The Fast n the Furious? ... just an example ... but yet another animation that could have been cut out ...

Anyway ... comming back to video games and those japanese nerds constructing the consoles ... I just hate their strategy to get their wallet filled! I realy like to pay money for good quality, no matter whether software or hardware. And the PSP is a good piece of hardware - no doubt about that! But As I said ... denying customers important features of a console just to make them pay a second time for - more or less - the same piece of technology is a rip off!

[EDIT] ehm, I just found some bad spelling mistakes :) Since it's damn early in the morning and I g2g to the university, I don't correct them ... :) so s/o who finds an error ... feel free to keep it! :D

Art
August 21st, 2007, 07:36
No, that isn't their strategy.
The same thing has happened with every Playstation so far.
The first model (like a car) is clumsy not cost effective
just like the first line of software.

Do you think they's make seven different model
Playstation one versions (count them):
1000 (V1)
1000(V2)
PSOne

if they could make the best one the first time round?
Especially when the consumer sees no, or little
difference between all but one of those models?

Each of these was either a technical fix (like better CD drive design and placement),
or a reduction in part count including the visible absence of the RCA connecteors in
the first series to the removal of the Parallel port after the 5500 series.
They even halved the size of the motherboard before they put it in the PSOne case.

I don't subscribe to any view that Sony is out to
make money from console hardware at all.

blaz3d
August 21st, 2007, 11:15
sigh, might have to get a psp2000. . .

If theese cables could work with the original psp, Art would have serial cable'd it up already :p;)
but we can but dream!
never know what could happen when this is released. with the right minds and a bit of prx reverse enigeering. . . well mabey ive got my head in the clouds but wouldnt it be sweet

peace

Mr-S
August 21st, 2007, 11:21
yeah but remote joy still has low framerate.... sony always do this, psx = psone ps2 = ps2 slim. i feel sorry for evry1 who bought a ps3 str8away, sum new model will be out for that in a about two-three years... then again whoevr bought a ps3 str8 away is rich to get another.....

Spotfist
August 21st, 2007, 13:48
Hahahaha it would be great if some1 got this to work on the PSP 1000, although Im pretty sure that would be illegal in some way or another...

It does suck that SONY have clearly just abandoned the old PSP especially with the TV antenni add on too!

I just hope that the homebrew seen doesn't turn the same way with people focusing on the PSP 2000 more than the 1000 :(

Lets just hope that in some crazy way some genius can get these cables to work on the PSP 1000 hehehe irronically I think Id never buy another SONY product again.

PSP 101
August 21st, 2007, 16:17
Well if Sony has abandoned the old PSP, I would think very hard about ever buying another product from them in the video game world again. Shows how much they care about their users!

jurkevicz
August 21st, 2007, 17:20
I'm still very curious on how the new 3.60 firmware update that's coming out in September going to work with old PSPs. Do you guys think that the'll release 2 versions of this firmware? One for the old PSP without TV out and one for the SLIM with TV OUT? Because if it's going to be all one firmware maybe with a little MOD to the cables we MIGHT get tv out.

brunobelo
August 21st, 2007, 18:13
I really can't see why this won't work on PSP Phat. If it's hardware, we can add it to the PSP. If it's software, we can still add it to the PSP. The connector is the same as the earphone...

brunobelo
August 21st, 2007, 18:15
And anyway, if we can't install CFWs on this PSP Slim, this PSP is useless...

DPyro
August 21st, 2007, 19:02
I dunno, if I can output the PSP to my computer I'm sure Sony could find a way for us to output to TV with older PSPs.

Maybe a remote play between PSP and PS3, only reversed?

pkmaximum
August 22nd, 2007, 04:03
Hmmm I doubt SONY will offer something like that as there trying to market off the new PSP 2000 models, in an event to have old PSP owners I imagine buy the new PSP. And this is probably one of the main attractions to a "noob" on why to buy the new PSP.

Joe88
August 22nd, 2007, 06:04
yeah but remote joy still has low framerate.... sony always do this, psx = psone ps2 = ps2 slim. i feel sorry for evry1 who bought a ps3 str8away, sum new model will be out for that in a about two-three years... then again whoevr bought a ps3 str8 away is rich to get another.....

PStwo's overheat easily and cant be mooded with a HD without spending outrageous amount of $$$ and they dont support the independence exploit for ulauncher elf (basically homebrew files similar to a PSP's eboot)

Hmmm I doubt SONY will offer something like that as there trying to market off the new PSP 2000 models, in an event to have old PSP owners I imagine buy the new PSP. And this is probably one of the main attractions to a "noob" on why to buy the new PSP.

yea, its not for people who already bought one to go out and buy the new model
it is as you stated to make people want to buy one but havent bought the regular ver yet.
Just like the 360 elite...

hacksparrow
August 25th, 2007, 05:46
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=70073&highlight=remotejoy

next time use the search function.yeah i thought bout it right after i wrote that, & i posted in there, sorry

Napalm-Death
August 25th, 2007, 05:58
PStwo's overheat easily and cant be mooded with a HD without spending outrageous amount of $$$ and they dont support the independence exploit for ulauncher elf (basically homebrew files similar to a PSP's eboot)

Er, the PSTwos that overheated quickly due to the bad power supply were called back looooong ago. I have a PSTwo, and it doesn't overheat quickly, I can have it on for hours and when I feel it, it's not even remotely hot. About the HD support and independence, you make it sound like they're supposed to keep it around just so people could keep taking advantage of it.

To anyone that's bitching about the slim PSP. You knew it had to happen, so when it actually happens, why the hell are you complaining? If they could have done it perfectly from the beginning, they would have. As with all technology; it improves over time, and over time there will be upgrades.

hatman101
August 25th, 2007, 19:07
crazy.

1) Remotejoy does not support xmb (cant watch umd videos)
2) Cant save or load
3) Not compatible with a lot of games

Thanx for commin out!

xg917
August 25th, 2007, 19:10
reverse remote play using ps3? i remember reading that a while ago. who suggested that?