PDA

View Full Version : Cool zelda timeline

gdf
August 20th, 2007, 22:00
found this on youtube, it's a bit old but those who haven't seen it may be interested. gold line's theory wasn't too far off!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXN1BF65WjI

Accordion
August 20th, 2007, 22:35
absolutely ridiculous.

Its a legend… a story retold through time, and because of this retelling through different means the story is altered to fit each context.

its all the same!

Elmarco
August 20th, 2007, 23:13
actually its just a game. Personally, I don't think timelines matter. As long as it involves slicing up monsters and baddies its all good to me!! :D

*Layzie*
August 21st, 2007, 00:12
yh i really dont think the makers had enough time to make a conspiracy keepin in mind the fact that they had to make the story for the actual game

Gold Line
August 21st, 2007, 00:49
So if kingdom hearts 2 was renamed and realesed before 1 you would be happy?

ganondorf
August 21st, 2007, 01:09
I remember watching those.

SnesR0X
August 21st, 2007, 07:18
yeah these came out before the Wii did.

splodger15
August 21st, 2007, 10:09
On the topics of Zelda storys and what can someone PM me with a story for Rise Of Hyrule

quzar
August 21st, 2007, 10:52
I can't remember where, but some extremely cannonical text where it says that almost every game simply has characters named Zelda, Link, and Ganon who are seperate from all the others (with exceptions for some games that are direct sequels).

It seems that this timeline deal tries too hard to keep Zelda and Link as the same exact person through as many games as possible, which is a bit ... messy and whatnot. Also, it ignores the wand of whatever and whatnot for the CD-i thinger.

edit: Nor did they seem to care about the TV show or the comics.

Gold Line
August 21st, 2007, 12:55
the cd-i games where not made by nintendo so there story has nothing to do with with the proper zelda timeline

Mr. Shadow
August 21st, 2007, 13:06
its gives me an idea i actually like how they supported their ideas and stuff. Made me a believer.

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 17:00
though i think they should have put link to the past in both timelines like they suggested.

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 17:04
that whole thing confused me because in certain games they mentioned things that happened in the past and put those games before the game that was mentioned

VampDude
August 21st, 2007, 21:41
I've always believed that there is alternative timeline dimensions in Zelda, that Link could actually be battling his way through Hyrule as different selves (as it's not always the same Link). I also believe (in my own logic) that the Four Swords game is Link from 4 different timeline dimensions fighting the same battle at the same time so they co-exist together momentarily for that game (thou I could be wrong). There is an untold mystery with the Zelda games, but maybe they are all just randomly made with slightly different storylines but the same characters (re-appearing slightly different) with some new?

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 23:27
i think that the same link was carried on for at least a few games....especially as some endings fit in nicely with others.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 00:30
if you think about it theres 3 timelines going on as we speek

1. oot > mm > tp
2. ww > ph
3. and this new super zelda

the guy who makes zelda (cant remember his name) said that tp was going to be the last oot based game so the new zelda will be a huge change like ww was.

but he never said that they where going to stop the oot style games. so we might see this new super zelda (the true wii zelda) on wii sometime in the future and we know about ph coming out for ds and maby a sort of zelda tp-2 on the next nintendo console.

oh now my brain hurts

Buddy4point0
November 25th, 2007, 20:42
im saving this from getting pruned.
also reviving an old ass thread lol.

Accordion
November 25th, 2007, 21:31
remakes are…

Gold Line
November 26th, 2007, 13:56
remakes are…

what? spam?

Accordion
November 26th, 2007, 14:33
'remakes are…'
what? spam? yes i suppose they are.

Gold Line
November 26th, 2007, 14:38
'remakes are…' yes i suppose they are.

why are you talking about remakes anyway? theres only been 2 zelda remakes ever (3 if you count zelda MQ)

Triv1um
November 26th, 2007, 15:01
Interesting watch. Confused the hell out of me though.

gunntims0103
November 26th, 2007, 16:32
Interesting, very interesting. I find the theory to be well thought out. All the games might just be the Legend of Zelda told through out history......

shadowprophet
November 26th, 2007, 18:46
It was an interesting vid. I think to a true zelda fan things like this do matter. Its like a fan service. We want to know how all the zeldas connect.. and those who dont wish to know are just video game fans. not true fans of the series. A true fan of the Zelda series would eat this stuff up. [/girly fanboy moment]

gdf
November 26th, 2007, 18:49
why are you talking about remakes anyway? theres only been 2 zelda remakes ever (3 if you count zelda MQ)

Shame the Satellaxiew ones will never be available again:(