PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 3.52 M33-4 Update

xg917
August 20th, 2007, 22:37
Via M33 Forums (http://pspx.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=497224#post497224) comes a new version of the Custom Firmware for the PSP, Heres the details:

Spread this news (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_4_Update)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_4_Update

IMPORTANT: agree with LICENSE.TXT conditions before installing the program.

Changes in M33-4 (mainly bugfix)

- Fixed the bug that caused CRC error when writing to flash usb in the XMB. Now writing
is OK.
- Added the new speeds to vshmenu and core, because we forgot in recovery.

AS we didnn't want to release a new update without something new, we worked in making
3.10/3.11 to work with popsloader, and that's it, the new popsloader plugins supports them.
Instruction for 3.10 and 3.11 are same as 3.30: you need pops.prx, popsman.prx and pafmini.prx
with the correct names in popsloader directory. And remember that savedata of 3.10-3.30 are incompatible
with those of 3.40+. We'll research if a solution for this is possible.

Team M33

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for yankee paranoids, a little word about the "brickers" issue.
We repeat it again: THERE IS NO MALICIOUS CODE inside M33.
Some of the files of this update are protected by encryption schemes to protect ourselves
from that page that annoys homebrew developers.
The keys for the decryption: the own update file.
So if the file is changed, the decrypted data is not the original one, and this causes the
wrong data to be written. There is no way you can call this malicious code as there is no explicit
code to brick nothing, it is the corruption of the update what actually causes the bad decrypted
data to be written.

Anyways in this update we check if decrypted data is wrong and in that case we write a recovery
warning the user what happened. It will activate usb, and it will allow you to execute a recovery
eboot.pbp... in a curious path ("ms0:/PSP/GAME/PS3NEWS_ARE_STEALERS_I_AM_NOT_GONNA_VISIT_THEM/EBOOT.PBP")
which is not at sight of an hex editor

If you visited ps3news and bricked in last release, then blame his administrator.
He is the one that modified the files and had them in the server for lots of hours
knowing the consequences.

Spread this news (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_4_Update)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Custom_Firmware_3_52_M33_4_Update

We (DCEmu) warned users that some people were getting bricked because the had visted ps3new.com, and advisted you to clear you cach before upgrading, it turns out we were wrong and it was only users that had downloaded from ps3news.com that were getting brick (and know we know why).

We would like to apologise to M33 and our readers for that incorrect warning.

but as always: Update at your own risk, we are not responsible to what happens to your psp using this!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sharpy
August 20th, 2007, 22:41
Yeah I was about to post this, it's all also included in the English readme file, it should clear up all uncertainty and controversy that the last update caused and this even has a recovery just in case.

Sonicboy 101
August 20th, 2007, 22:46
Good news
Whats the password, it's encrypted
O I got it, what a password lol

mikebeaver
August 20th, 2007, 22:51
Oh your gonna love the password it is "_DANIEL_SERAFIN_BRICKED_HIS_ASS_BY_M33_"

Ha ha ha ha ha pwned by M33 :)

Good work on the update Team M33, keep em coming.

Thanks, MikeBeaver.

xg917
August 20th, 2007, 23:04
can someone host the m33-4 update with out password encryption. my computer doesnt let me unrar it for some reason. ill add the file to the first post

Emeriastone
August 20th, 2007, 23:08
Not updating.

Sonicboy 101
August 20th, 2007, 23:09
Here ya go

Zero1992
August 20th, 2007, 23:14
thanks for this and xg917 this is for helping me with psptube

Link for Unpassworded M33-4
http://www.resiststorage.org/images/352m33-4forxg917byZero199241.rar

ExcruciationX
August 20th, 2007, 23:18
Ah, so that was the reason!

Shrygue
August 20th, 2007, 23:19
I have updated with no bricks and no other problems have cropped up on all my PSP units.

Nobunaga
August 20th, 2007, 23:26
@ Emeriastone:

No offence, but...

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=640045#post640045

post #276

xg917
August 20th, 2007, 23:28
just updated. no brick :)

Poem58
August 20th, 2007, 23:33
OK...so it took me forever to try 3.03OE and now I want to know...should I update to this? is my PC engine emu gonna work...what do I need to do to go from the OE to this? and does it have the recovery menu safeguarding so you can back out later?
Sorry to sound so noobish...but I've spent some time away from playing due to some health issues (and no they weren't all cause by Zx's emu's.... Still need a wrist surgery cause of them... LOL.)
Wanna catch up...what are the benefits now? Not Much of a PSone player have like one game or something...love to play emu's and want to play a couple of games I got that didn't work on 3.03
Is this the time to upgrade again?

Thanks for any help you can give me..

Cloudhunter
August 20th, 2007, 23:39
Not updating.

Yeah, it's because you saw the word "brick" and got scared.

If you'll read the post, you'll see that the REASON that it bricked peoples PSP's wasn't M33's fault.

They made an anti PS3NEWS message as a key to un-decrypt their work and the admin of PS3NEWS removed that key.

So, it only bricked when ALTERED. So, if you are standing by people who KNEW it bricked PSP's after they altered it, then so be it... Blame M33 instead of a lame admin who deserves every blame that he gets.

Cloudy

gamefreak199101
August 20th, 2007, 23:43
can i update from 3.52 m33-2 to m33-4?

Emeriastone
August 20th, 2007, 23:44
@ Emeriastone:

No offence, but...

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=640045#post640045

post #276

I've already read it. Thank you.

Yeah, it's because you saw the word "brick" and got scared.

If you'll read the post, you'll see that the REASON that it bricked peoples PSP's wasn't M33's fault.

They made an anti PS3NEWS message as a key to un-decrypt their work and the admin of PS3NEWS removed that key.

So, it only bricked when ALTERED. So, if you are standing by people who KNEW it bricked PSP's after they altered it, then so be it... Blame M33 instead of a lame admin who deserves every blame that he gets.

Cloudy

I'm just as much against PS3News for their part in the ridiculousness, so please do not flame on this thread. I know the story and I know what happened.

Why do you think a 4th update was released so quickly? And what do you think all the 'clearing PC and PSP browser cache' thing was all about? M33 are clearly angry and this was the was way they were going to retaliate. They can continue to lie, if it's lying they are doing. A strong denial can continue to harbor any misdoings, but it won't fool me.

Allow me to have my own take on the situation, thank you.

Cloudhunter
August 20th, 2007, 23:47
Why do you think a 4th update was released so quickly? And what do you think all the 'clearing PC and PSP browser cache' thing was all about? M33 are clearly angry and this was the was way they were going to retaliate. They can continue to lie, if it's lying they are doing. A strong denial can continue to harbor any misdoings, but it won't fool me.

Allow me to have my own take on the situation, thank you.

Hmm, so they can protect innocent noobs? That's what the new features/bug fixes were.

to get things straight though, it was PS3NEWS that bricked people, NOT M33. It's all I am going to say.

Cloudy

CaptainMorgan4
August 20th, 2007, 23:48
Alright I'm gonna update but I swear to god if I can't get 333mhz in the XMB and get the same problems in M33-3 I'm gonna be pissed because that means a recovery to 1.5 and then back again.

xg917
August 20th, 2007, 23:56
lol good luck. this works perfect for me. i was scared at first but i said w/e then it updated :)

@captainmorgan: im waiting for strmnnrmn's next blog post. im gona b the first to post it here! :p

tridentmorph1
August 20th, 2007, 23:57
Just wanted to let you know just upgraded all fine, really not keen on the worries with the BRICK saga of the last update but felt that the m33 boys explained it better on the new readme. Upgrade without fear.

zoson
August 20th, 2007, 23:59
if someone really wanted to copy m33's work it's easy enough to install the modules, do diff's on the files now in your flash to original 3.52 files, and then rebuild an eboot with your own info. Sure it might take a day. But they're honestly stopping nothing.

Everyone acts like they're being heros, fighting an evil demon. It's just one man running a website. So he's a douche, everyone will find out on his own accord. As far as I'm concerned, this is just like the smart kids tying down the idiot and saying it's ok because he was a bully.

Truth is they're not heros. They released software that can brick innocent peoples psp's. M33 knew that people would visit and download a broken copy from whatever website it is they hate. What they also should have known is that the jerks running the website don't actually know anything, so it was inevitable that innocent people would end up with bricks.

THAT is where the real fault lies. If you don't like what people do to your software, don't release it. Someone else will come along that's better anyway, it's the nature of the world. Some time in the future, maybe not the near future, but eventually someone or some group is going to release a firmware that makes M33 look like childs play.

zoson
August 21st, 2007, 00:00
Alright I'm gonna update but I swear to god if I can't get 333mhz in the XMB and get the same problems in M33-3 I'm gonna be pissed because that means a recovery to 1.5 and then back again.

If you use music.prx you need to edit the conf file for it to allow speeds >222mhz in xmb.

CaptainMorgan4
August 21st, 2007, 00:13
No I don't use the music.prx, but I'm still pissed. It seems that M33 fixed the issue of the PSP freezing and the power button issue but......the xmb still will not reach 333mhz with the VSHAnalog plugin enabled (worked in M33-2 and past releases) and the HOME button menu won't come up if the plugin is enabled. Just like in version M33-3 if you disable the plugin the VSH menu will come up and the XMB will go into 333mhz but is not stable. If you click on the GAME memory stick it stays in 333 but if you go into the photos, music, and or video it will switch back into 222 and WILL NOT RETURN to 333. I love your work M33 but please get these issues fixed, the XMB will not stay at 333 even though the VSH menu says it's clocked at 333. I'm too lazy to go back to 1.5 and then to M33-2 to get what I want, did it twice yesterday, so please release a M33-5 and fix these issues PLEASE!

Buddy4point0
August 21st, 2007, 00:17
ah! VERY NICE M33. its great to hear that it wasnt acually millisous code and only a security mesure. wow people really saw it wrong. i hope every1 reads that in it clears them up about the ps3news bricking. and that you dont mean for it and its just sucrity. well good. also that youve included a way to unbrick. i had no problem upadting to m33-3, but its still nice to be sure. ive never visited that site though and im glad i never will.

thanks for the update m33, and i hope you guys didnt lose any fans do to the misunderstanding. thanks for clearing that up.

ish420ism
August 21st, 2007, 00:35
m33 huh?? i'm still on 3.40oe. do i need to update to m33 then the v.4 update or do i just run this from the 150game folder. Don't want to brick my psp
l

TrUeJaY
August 21st, 2007, 00:43
Can i update from 3.52 m33#2 to 3.52 m33#4?

Also, what is semi brick?
How would i run recovery when it is semi bricked?

Thanks

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 00:51
@truejay: i updated from M33-2 to M33-4 perfectly.

@ish420ism: u need to update to the first 3.52 M33 using the 1.50 and 3.52 updates and the updater, then u can use this update to go to 3.52 M33-4

Sterist
August 21st, 2007, 00:55
DO NOT EVEN PEEK AT WWW,PS3NEWS,COM!!!! THAT WILL YIELD THEM MONEY VIA ADs!!

DarthPaul
August 21st, 2007, 00:58
Wtf..very unexpected. Thanks,I don't know why,I'm not excited about a release of M33 this time... maybe the bad time I'm passing through right now with my laptop.. oh well.. gonna download it. :)

CaptainMorgan4
August 21st, 2007, 01:02
I hope the issues I mentioned get fixed soon.

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 01:04
me hope so too. but why would u really want 333 on the xmb when that is the least time you spend using ur psp..

DPyro
August 21st, 2007, 01:07
I don't see the advantage of having 333mhz in the XMB...It'll just drain the battery, and is not needed. And when in-game, wifi can't use 333mhz cause Sony hasn't enabled it yet.

grudge1981
August 21st, 2007, 01:15
DO NOT EVEN PEEK AT WWW,PS3NEWS,COM!!!! THAT WILL YIELD THEM MONEY VIA ADs!!

heh i use firefox with adblock plus... keeps my pc from getting bogged down even on that site......

also if im using Large Icons Original + would it be safe to install or should i change my flash0 back to default

scarph
August 21st, 2007, 01:29
still not sure what "usb device" means

i wish it meant what harley g's firmware did so long ago.

that is as soon as i plug in my usb cable, it shows up on my computer, no need to do anything on the psp's side.

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 01:31
lol, no thats not wat it means but that should be a kool add on for M33 to add

scarph
August 21st, 2007, 01:32
from ps3news.com

For the time being our Forums are turned OFF. This is at the owner's request of former Web site PS2Ownz (which is the predecessor of where we reside today). Apparently what happened is M33 released a file which contains his personal data, and at this time we are kindly asking other Web sites to remove this information so that the harassment stops.

Respected PSP sceners including Dark_AleX have been in favor of this personal data attack, but their addresses and other personal info have NOT been published and we would like to end the bickering right now versus allowing it to escalate even further.

If this is acceptable then we will completely purge our Forums of all past releases and related posts, and only link to their official Web sites with their official releases from this time onward giving them full credit and donations as they wish.

If it is not acceptable then our only choice will be to defend ourselves by doing what was done to the PS2Ownz owner which we do not wish to be done to anyone.

Please contact us (Dark_AleX, M33, Wildcard) if you would like to end this now and we will reply to you ASAP... if we do not hear from you in a reasonable amount of time (next day or two) then we will be forced into defending ourselves I guess.

Harshboy
August 21st, 2007, 01:34
Upgraded and working perfectly, except I had a hell of a time trying to fix my dumb mistake of putting the XMB at 20 Mhz rofl...it took like 10 minutes to go from one icon up to another. Why even include such a worthless Clock Speed lol, Why!?

Psyberjock
August 21st, 2007, 01:38
I don't see the advantage of having 333mhz in the XMB...It'll just drain the battery, and is not needed. And when in-game, wifi can't use 333mhz cause Sony hasn't enabled it yet.

Actually, the wifi with 333mhz has worked in the past. Certain modified builds of DevHook could run both at 333 with wifi. I used it a lot while playing monster hunter portable 1. The fact that it hasn't been enabled in custom firmware is a little interesting, but it was always considered "experimental" since it made the PSP really hot.

still not sure what "usb device" means

i wish it meant what harley g's firmware did so long ago.

that is as soon as i plug in my usb cable, it shows up on my computer, no need to do anything on the psp's side.

I think that's the idea behind it. You just have to use left and right to select a different USB source. Then when you connect via USB, your access is redirected to your selected source than simple going to the memory stick.

Only problem I've had with that is that I'm on my Mac right now while on vacation and it tells me the UMD is an unreadable source. So I'll have to wait till I go home later today to try it on my PC. Anxious to try and watch my US video UMD on my JP PSP via iso. If I can get it to rip, I can finally forget about that useless region free setting that HAS NEVER WORKED!

scarph
August 21st, 2007, 01:42
nah psyber, thats not really what im saying

im saying you have the cursor on anything on your psp, game, music, blah

you plug the usb cable into your computer and your psp and its connected

no need to go to usb connect on psp

Psyberjock
August 21st, 2007, 01:54
from ps3news.com

For the time being our Forums are turned OFF. This is at the owner's request of former Web site PS2Ownz (which is the predecessor of where we reside today). Apparently what happened is M33 released a file which contains his personal data, and at this time we are kindly asking other Web sites to remove this information so that the harassment stops.

Respected PSP sceners including Dark_AleX have been in favor of this personal data attack, but their addresses and other personal info have NOT been published and we would like to end the bickering right now versus allowing it to escalate even further.

If this is acceptable then we will completely purge our Forums of all past releases and related posts, and only link to their official Web sites with their official releases from this time onward giving them full credit and donations as they wish.

If it is not acceptable then our only choice will be to defend ourselves by doing what was done to the PS2Ownz owner which we do not wish to be done to anyone.

Please contact us (Dark_AleX, M33, Wildcard) if you would like to end this now and we will reply to you ASAP... if we do not hear from you in a reasonable amount of time (next day or two) then we will be forced into defending ourselves I guess.

Lol! These guys really are stupid. I'm quite sure that M33 didn't go to any distant measures to get information that would be otherwise non-public.

If it were me, I'd just finger the ps3news domain name and it will come up with webmaster and owner contact information; including address, phone number, and sexual orientation.

The ps3news guys are whining about information that they themselves put on the internet being seen by other people on the internet.

Wow.

nah psyber, thats not really what im saying

im saying you have the cursor on anything on your psp, game, music, blah

you plug the usb cable into your computer and your psp and its connected

no need to go to usb connect on psp

Ohhhh... I see. That is different isn't it. I can definitely see why that would be desirable, but what about the GPS and camera attachments? Would they also make it go into USB mass storage mode? Sorry bout the mix up.

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 01:57
if someone really wanted to copy m33's work it's easy enough to install the modules, do diff's on the files now in your flash to original 3.52 files, and then rebuild an eboot with your own info. Sure it might take a day. But they're honestly stopping nothing.

Everyone acts like they're being heros, fighting an evil demon. It's just one man running a website. So he's a douche, everyone will find out on his own accord. As far as I'm concerned, this is just like the smart kids tying down the idiot and saying it's ok because he was a bully.

Truth is they're not heros. They released software that can brick innocent peoples psp's. M33 knew that people would visit and download a broken copy from whatever website it is they hate. What they also should have known is that the jerks running the website don't actually know anything, so it was inevitable that innocent people would end up with bricks.

THAT is where the real fault lies. If you don't like what people do to your software, don't release it. Someone else will come along that's better anyway, it's the nature of the world. Some time in the future, maybe not the near future, but eventually someone or some group is going to release a firmware that makes M33 look like childs play.
for the most part i agree with thtat .. well said i just wish more people will see that and stop defending them like they are heroes.... stopping a corrupt site is one thing but when you hurt normal people in the process thats taking it to far

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 02:39
for the most part i agree with thtat .. well said i just wish more people will see that and stop defending them like they are heroes.... stopping a corrupt site is one thing but when you hurt normal people in the process thats taking it to far

They are not hurting anyone, they just made it so the update remains as is, and if it happens to be tinkered with it will brick the psp to keep stupid people (ps3news) from doing it and trying to mark it off as their own!!!

CaptainMorgan4
August 21st, 2007, 02:48
The reason I need 333mhz in the XMB is because all my emulators have custom icons, backgrounds, and music so when running the XMB at 222mhz they take about 4-5sec to load. But when under 333mhz it only takes them 1-2sec to load, I guess I'm just anal about having them working flawlessly. Also when the XMB is clocking at 333mhz that means the internet browser runs under 333mhz (Yes this is true, use PRXInfo to see yourself) and I'm just comfortable at running these things in 333 so to be forced to use 222 all of a sudden is just a bad thing for me. All that aside I believe if they give us the option to be able to run the XMB at 333 then we should have that chance, otherwise it's a bug. So yeah I have alot of icons and music and I would like to see it the pop up quickly instead of waiting that extra time, it just makes my custom PSP that much better. So please M33 team adress these issues ASAP please I would appreciate it alot. Lastly like Xg I'm eagerly waiting for that next blog update from the great StrmnNrmn.

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 02:54
they may not be hurting anyone directly but in their program the means are there. if someone simply changes somthing it will brick. so inderectly they are responsible.

although they do have the right to protect their files they also have the responsiblity to ensure that their files do not cause harm. a good programmer should not allow their program to break the hardware just for being tweaked. by adding this little security measure they are doing nothing but harm people... nothing beneficial is coming from this. if someone alters it they will brick their psp....but if someone simply downloads it from a source that has altered it it will still brick thier psp. although they have the right to secure themselves from the first they must keep in mind that there actions will effect more than just the people who intentional broke thier policies.

and their direct attack on the ps3 site simply showed thier true colors. they didnt have to do that it just brought them down to his level

Cloudhunter
August 21st, 2007, 02:54

Nah, not that simple :) They did it really well.

Besides, it still isn't M33's fault - they can't help it due to someone deleting the key it didn't decrypt.

You're saying if someone hex edited a Sony eboot and it bricked then it'd be Sony's fault?

Logic does kinda stump people doesn't it :)

and their direct attack on the ps3 site simply showed thier true colors. they didnt have to do that it just brought them down to his levelTrust me, if you knew what kind of people these people are, you would be REALLY glad that people are finially fighting back against them. PS3NEWS deserves to die.

Cloudy

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 02:58
the vsh normally underclocks for music and other stuff for some reason ( i dunno) i have managed to fix it by using music.prx and configuring the config file to 0...

This is from the config file:

ENABLE_VSH_CLOCK = 0 #set to 0 to disable the VSH from changing the cpu's speed, normally this is 1
#the vsh normally changes the clock speed when playing music with the screen off (to 133mHz cpu/44mHz bus)
#when stoping the browser
#up to 333mHz when playing certain video files (possibly, I haven't been able to confirm this)
#and back to 222mHz when the above things are stopped
#this also allows overclocking in the vsh browserSo id try that and see if it fixes your problem because it fixed mine :)

MicroNut
August 21st, 2007, 03:07
You're saying if someone hex edited a Sony eboot and it bricked then it'd be Sony's fault?
I couldnt agree more.

Too bad innocent people got hurt by this.
It wouldnt be the first time some jack@ss edited a popular file that bricked someones psp.

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 03:07
i do know what type of people theyr are.... but i also know what type of people we are and i want to see those two identities share as few similarities as possibily
I also know that people like this site have and always will exist. Its just the way the world is there will always be some jerk ruining it for everyone else but that doesnt mean we should sink to their level.

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 03:10
i do know what type of people theyr are.... but i also know what type of people we are and i want to see those two identities share as few similarities as possibily
I also know that people like this site have and always will exist. Its just the way the world is there will always be some jerk ruining it for everyone else but that doesnt mean we should sink to their level.

If you dont download from ps3news you have nothing to worry about :p

SuperTetelmanMan
August 21st, 2007, 03:11
I couldnt agree more.

Too bad innocent people got hurt by this.
It wouldnt be the first time some jack@ss edited a popular file that bricked someones psp.

Actually in a scenario like that Sony could be held responsible as they have been in the past, It is common practice to write your code or make your products to withstand tampering and modification.

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 03:15
If you dont download from ps3news you have nothing to worry about :p

oh really? what if I download it from a filesharing program or a torrent, and the file i download just happens to be the won from the ps3 site. would it then be my fault ? or perhaps i update over a friends house like i have done in the past...Am I supposed to check my friends cache and history to make sure he did not get it from them?

Nocuddle
August 21st, 2007, 03:15
THAT is where the real fault lies. If you don't like what people do to your software, don't release it.

No offence, but u sounds like a stuck up wanker.
If you dun like this software, DONT use it. How hard is that?

Someone else will come along that's better anyway, it's the nature of the world.

Yeah like who?
AFAIK only 2 are active: M33 & Wildc*ard.

Maybe sum1 else make better one, yeah I hope so too. So u better just wait then... wait & waiting.... & keep waiting...

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 03:23
oh really? what if I download it from a filesharing program or a torrent, and the file i download just happens to be the won from the ps3 site. would it then be my fault ? or perhaps i update over a friends house like i have done in the past...Am I supposed to check my friends cache and history to make sure he did not get it from them?

sir if you get an update from a torrent or filesharing program you deserve to brick cause your a douche

and updating at a friends house... how about asking the fella, chances are hes not going to a virtually no-named site for updates

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 03:27
I think that you are giving people a little too much credit. I have helped a lot of people get hombrew set up on their psp probably more than half of them still have no idea what they are doing. I cant be there helping them all the time, and i know for a fact that they see no problem in simply googling somthng and downloading it.... does being a noob also make them a douche? i guess we live in a day and age where not being a computer expert means that you deserve whatever you get even if that is a broken psp

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 03:36
when you were a noob ( ask yourself this) did you rush into flashing something that you knew could potentially harm your valuable (PSP) no you ask questions and you get to the bottom of the situation ( hence why you, and even I get asked psp questions all the time)

anyways do you even realize what this whole license thing is trying to accomplish... its trying to weed out the losers so they wont do it anymore, and trust me its the most effective way...

after this do you really think ps3 news is going to modify the update..NO, they wont because its already bricked one psp from ps3news!!

So where in hand will noobs going to ps3news and updating lay into this... in the furure it wont

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 03:43
not everyone is into homebrew etc as you and me a lot of people dont put any thought into what they install at all... I could name a few people i know

it may be the most effective way but that doesnt make it the best way.... nuclear bombs are the most effective way to end war does that mean they are justified?

great the ps3news staff bricked his psp and so did many people whos only crime was to visit a site with no respect for intellectual property

great no more noobs will go to their site it's not like another site wont pop up.... just think one of those bricked noob could have been the next DAX given the time

Cloudhunter
August 21st, 2007, 03:46
I think that you are giving people a little too much credit. I have helped a lot of people get hombrew set up on their psp probably more than half of them still have no idea what they are doing. I cant be there helping them all the time, and i know for a fact that they see no problem in simply googling somthng and downloading it.... does being a noob also make them a douche? i guess we live in a day and age where not being a computer expert means that you deserve whatever you get even if that is a broken psp

In that case, the responsibility lies with the torrent uploader (who didn't test it before uploading) and PS3NEWS still :)

just think one of those bricked noob could have been the next DAX given the time

If they regulary use that site, then they wouldn't be the next Dark_AleX.

Either way, this is not M33's fault :) Their newest update will not brick PSP's by not decrypting.

Cloudy

specialist83
August 21st, 2007, 03:46
would u just go into a shop n buy ANYTHING the salesman ask u to before checking on the market prices? if u would i can say u're just plain stupid...

being NOOB is totally fine...cos after spending some time reading and researching...they'll be fine...

but being IGNORANT is a totally different thing altogether...

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 03:51
you really think another site will pop up and try to modify updates?

okay here is a riddle for you...

whats the diffence between a site started that has one goal and its to put out brickers...
or a site that starts and modifies updates and it ends up bricking peoples PSPs?

NOTHING, THEY BOTH GET SHUT THE **** DOWN!!!!

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 03:51
the fault may lie with the torrent but dont forget that the whole thing could have been avoided easily by the m33 team. i am sure there are other ways of doing things

you really think one wouldnt?

luxoflux
August 21st, 2007, 04:02

Who in their right mind would dl cfw's and updates to it from a filesharing program when you can go to m33's site and dl it from them directly. If you went over ur friends house, you would hopefully be smart enough to look at your friends psp to see if it bricked. Its all common sense, dont update if ur friend bricked thats just not smart.

Ive used the m33 3.52 firmware all of the way up to update 4 without any problems. Great releases no matter how small they are great work m33 keep it up.

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 04:03
for reference remember the fake dark_alex releasing update brickers...he got shut down didnt he

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 04:07
yes but that was different

he was in it to be a jerk however when it comes to ps3news they are in it for the money.... which is a far more motivating benefit. throughout time people have stole ideas in the name of profit and there will never be any way to completely stop it. and I dont thinking hurting the innocent is really the best way to go about solving things

devmas
August 21st, 2007, 04:11
Hmm... when I think back to my first days of the PSP scene, in which I had no knowlegde, the 2.0 downgrader had just come out, and they showed on G4 live, the downgrading process. I wanted to downgrade people's PSPs, but I was scared to, so I did a lot of research and studying on various sites, and on readme files, and then I finally downgraded and everything went well.

Now, what if it so happened that the site I went to was the ps3news site...

Don't get me wrong, I like what M33 is doing, but I wish that they would have outlined it clearly in their readme or something, that getting the program from these specific sites could potentially brick your PSP, and then explain why.

Fortunately now, if all goes wrong, there will be a recovery to help you out of it.

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 04:15
no recovery for those who bricked from the last update.... oh well for them.... i guess its only natural to have casualties in war

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 04:29
yes but that was different

he was in it to be a jerk however when it comes to ps3news they are in it for the money.... which is a far more motivating benefit. throughout time people have stole ideas in the name of profit and there will never be any way to completely stop it. and I dont thinking hurting the innocent is really the best way to go about solving things

yes this is obviously why m33 is taking the intiative to stop these lamers, because nobody is going to stop them unless somebody decides to do something about it (hence the security enhancements)

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 04:34
right and hurting the public is okay if it stops one man and gets a m33 adequate revenge.... i guess the ends justify the means

Gizmo356
August 21st, 2007, 04:45
From what I know the M33 Team didn't do anything it was the people from Ps3news who hex edited and broke the encryption...

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 04:46
if you didnt know ripped material has been going on for ages, and this is a means to send a message to others wishing to potray the ps3news aspect... and to put an end to it once an for all!

put yourself in their shoes, you release a custom firmware which you worked hard on, would you let people ripping your material, and claming it as their own get away with such cruel tasks?

I think not!!!

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 04:50
true but m33 released a program that if tampered would brick a psp.... even knowing that it would indeed be tampered with and then released to the public....if i gave away free knives but made everone agree not to hurt people i would still be responsible for the actions committed with the knives....

right and there is no possible way of doing this other than somthing that will result in bricks....

In the case of the fake dax as you brought up i remember that we were able to shut him down with information....

jamotto
August 21st, 2007, 04:50
I understand what M33 was trying to do, but they went to far. It would have been more than enough to prevent the eboot from running if it had been altered by exiting back to the xmb. Instead they allow the update to run as though nothing is wrong. They wrote up a "ban" list containing false information on what would take to brick your psp. Heck, they didn't even give a means to tell if the the eboot is bad or not via a checksum. I don't think ends justify the means.

Gizmo356
August 21st, 2007, 04:56
But before you flash you agree to take all responsibility so you can't really blame them.

scarph
August 21st, 2007, 05:02
if they really claimed it as their own it would say 3.52 ps3news-4 when you went to system info

it says 3.52 m33

remember that

jamotto
August 21st, 2007, 05:24
But before you flash you agree to take all responsibility so you can't really blame them.

The eula does not protect m33 from all responsibility. It only protects them from things outside their control. Things like hardware failure, acts of god etc. This however is different, they have full control here.

mike_jmg
August 21st, 2007, 05:34
so tha mothafukka owner of ps3news was the one responsable of all this shaitz

what are his modifications about??, puting a logo or something, what an ass

Now, that this is clarified I'll update and see what is this about

Just let me get this straight, dcemu hosted files = no bricking right

edit: forget it, just did and worked

MicroNut
August 21st, 2007, 05:43
Actually in a scenario like that Sony could be held responsible as they have been in the past, It is common practice to write your code or make your products to withstand tampering and modification.
In a small way I understand your point.
Update with an official firmware and the software bricks,
Good reason for a warrenty.
Good reason to download it from Sony.
Would you tell Sony you downloaded your update from a non-official site when asking for warrenty?

On the whole however the point is completly lost.
I am going to hold Sony responsible for Custom firmware?
Could I hold them responsible for a maliciously hex edited official update?
Not likely.

PS3news did what they did knowing the outcome.
They were warned in advance and did nothing to prevent it.
Instead they did it anyways.
And good people got hurt.

urherenow
August 21st, 2007, 05:53
Don't get me wrong, I like what M33 is doing, but I wish that they would have outlined it clearly in their readme or something, that getting the program from these specific sites could potentially brick your PSP, and then explain why.

1. ummnnn.... it WAS in the readme. PS3 news probably cut that part out of their package.

2. I still don't get this nonsense about ripping of other's work and playing it off as if it were thier own. GIVE ME 1 FRICKEN' EXAMPLE OF WHEN THAT SITE DID SUCH A THING? Most of your are simply talking out of your rear end because you don't know what you're talking about in the slightest.

3. The only thing they edited (or try to) was the bit in the program and the readme that simply BASHED thier site.

Having said that, I looks like I'll have to say this yet again. It is a site that is in it for the mony and therefore will post and host anything and everything related to PSP even if it was a ripoff or illegal (containing sony .prx files or whatever). They have always given credit where credit was due (or at least to whomever PROVIDED THE FILE TO THEM AND CLAIMED IT AS THIER OWN) INCLUDING PRAISING TEAM M33 FOR THIER NEW RELEASE!!!!!

Yes, caps intended because many of you are just jumping on the bandwagon and can't get it through your thick skulls exatly where the problem lies. M33 is Pissed because (Wildc*rd ???) Stole thier code and released thier own firmware and taking credit (or too much credit... neither here nor there for this conversation). PS3n*** hosted it and will continue to host it and future releases of it. They don't care. They will host anything as long as the entire staff isn't aware that a file will brick PSPs and then they will remove the file. This is the only sin I've seen the sight commit, although that's sin enough for most people.

I had about 6 or 7 other points to make but lost my train of thought.

anyways My final, unwavering word on the whole matter is this: Kudos for M33s progress and thank you so much for continuing development of custom firmware...

but PS3news AND M33... shame on you BOTH.

and PS if Wildc*rd was the wrong team to mention, please don't take it personal, I'm just trying to get a point across.

armyStrong
August 21st, 2007, 07:08
The eula does not protect m33 from all responsibility. It only protects them from things outside their control. Things like hardware failure, acts of god etc. This however is different, they have full control here.

I'm pretty sure they didn't have any control over an outside force tampering with their code...

I think a checksum would have been nice, but if it was never necessary in the past, you can't possibly expect m33 to have predicted that it would have been necessary for this release because some idiot screwed around with a hex editor.

It just seems like the lot of you need something to complain about. Nice work m33...I for one will continue to support your work!

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 07:19
It just seems like the lot of you need something to complain about. Nice work m33...I for one will continute to support your work!Thank you :)

M33 is a great team and even if they killed someone I will still support them.. they fixed my brightness issue i was having :thumbup:

@ urherenow- im not the only one saying this sh*t maybe this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71730) thread will shead a little light on your false reality!!

Spotfist
August 21st, 2007, 08:26
Hey how come the zip file is said to be passworded but when I downloaded it, it's not? I just wana make sure no1 has been tinkering with the file.

ab88
August 21st, 2007, 08:40
he was in it to be a jerk however when it comes to ps3news they are in it for the money....

Wow... And bricking (It was in the read me, they altered it, they clearly knew it) peoples PSP's for MONEY is better than those idiots that do it just for fun. How?

They explained the reasons and outcomes on the read me. They were very clear to me.

2. I still don't get this nonsense about ripping of other's work and playing it off as if it were thier own. GIVE ME 1 FRICKEN' EXAMPLE OF WHEN THAT SITE DID SUCH A THING? Most of your are simply talking out of your rear end because you don't know what you're talking about in the slightest.

Go download their hello worlds, You will be surprised people from the noobz team (Along with some other coders that they had problems in the past) are missing on some of them.

3. The only thing they edited (or try to) was the bit in the program and the readme that simply BASHED thier site.

They edited that part and the part that warned users that the PSP will SURELY brick if it was tampered with.

Having said that, I looks like I'll have to say this yet again. It is a site that is in it for the mony and therefore will post and host anything and everything related to PSP even if it was a ripoff or illegal (containing sony .prx files or whatever). They have always given credit where credit was due (or at least to whomever PROVIDED THE FILE TO THEM AND CLAIMED IT AS THIER OWN) INCLUDING PRAISING TEAM M33 FOR THIER NEW RELEASE!!!!!

THEY HAVE NOT AS I TOLD YOU ABOVE. THEY EDITED AND TAMPERED CREDITS ON READMES AND THE REAL PROGRAMS. HEAD OUT TO QJ AND SEARCH FOR SOME POSTS BY FANJITA. YOU WILL SEE HE MENTIONED THEM EDITING A HELLO WORLD APP TO EXCLUDE SOME OF THE NAMES. SOMETIMES THEY ALSO ADDED PROPS AND LINKS TO THEIR SITE.

I too can use the caps lock button.

Yes, caps intended because many of you are just jumping on the bandwagon and can't get it through your thick skulls exatly where the problem lies. M33 is Pissed because (Wildc*rd ???) Stole thier code and released thier own firmware and taking credit (or too much credit... neither here nor there for this conversation). PS3n*** hosted it and will continue to host it and future releases of it. They don't care. They will host anything as long as the entire staff isn't aware that a file will brick PSPs and then they will remove the file. This is the only sin I've seen the sight commit, although that's sin enough for most people. Team wilc*rd did not steal any code from M33. PS3Sh*t clearly admitted to have "obtained" (hacked) to get the source code to team wildc*ard's firmware.
By the way it's hard to work as staff in a site and not know what is going on. They have to visit and monitor other sites to get their news after all.

and PS if Wildc*rd was the wrong team to mention, please don't take it personal, I'm just trying to get a point across.
Then don't mention it and get your facts straight.

Edit:

Hey how come the zip file is said to be password-ed but when I downloaded it, it's not? I just wana make sure no1 has been tinkering with the file.

A version without a password was uploaded because some people could not unrar passworded archives. It's legit.

Chameleon
August 21st, 2007, 08:47
@ spotfist- the original upload was password protected it has been removed due to difficulty in members not being able to access it.

ish420ism
August 21st, 2007, 09:21
@truejay: i updated from M33-2 to M33-4 perfectly.

@ish420ism: u need to update to the first 3.52 M33 using the 1.50 and 3.52 updates and the updater, then u can use this update to go to 3.52 M33-4

Yo thanx dude, i was gonna update but i like using my psp on 333mhz and it seems there is some bugs in this release

Nocuddle
August 21st, 2007, 10:48
M33 is Pissed because (Wildc*rd ???) Stole thier code and released thier own firmware and taking credit (or too much credit... neither here nor there for this conversation).

Team wilc*rd did not steal any code from M33. PS3Sh*t clearly admitted to have "obtained" (hacked) to get the source code to team wildc*ard's firmware.
By the way it's hard to work as staff in a site and not know what is going on. They have to visit and monitor other sites to get their news after all.

Then don't mention it and get your facts straight.

I thought am the one who reads urherenow wrongly.
Now... WTF he is talkin abt? Wildc*rd steal from M33... :eek:

Ppl just yap yap without knowin the fact. And they can be quite a stubborn like an ass too. :rofl:

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
August 21st, 2007, 10:54
yay another update! I only trust DCEMU so i know it'll be safe!

Spotfist
August 21st, 2007, 11:07
Thanks Doowds! just wanted to make 100% sure it was the correct file as Iv only just downgraded my PSP so didn't want to end up breaking it! hehehe

Lucky I didn't updrage to the broken M33 version, I would have been sooo miffed hehe

I love homebrew!

TrUeJaY
August 21st, 2007, 12:23
Hey, how do i clear my internet history on my psp ... Do i just delete the files in the folder or the folder and what it consist?

Just want to be on the safe side

Thanks

tvrstl
August 21st, 2007, 12:40
haha, why did they post a M33 Bricker there??:P

Lol, Team m33 Is the best!!:D

DarthPaul
August 21st, 2007, 13:28
Yo thanx dude, i was gonna update but i like using my psp on 333mhz and it seems there is some bugs in this release

The problem while on 333mhz is with some plug-in[s] enabled. I don't know which though,because I'm using 3.52 M33-4 and I have no problems. It runs smooth at 333mhz. So yeah.. this is not a fact to don't upgrade.

Veskgar
August 21st, 2007, 13:57
Another successful update. No problems or worried here.

Thanks again M33 Team!

::EDIT::

It looks like SVCapture plugin doesn't work anymore. I've tried everything I could think of. I mainly use it for screenshots though, not gif video. Could someone be so kind as to recommend another screenshot plugin that will work on VSH, PSP Games, POPS Games, & Homebrew with this latest M33 CFW? Thanks!

I could of swore that SVCapture worked on 3.52 M33-2. I know it worked on one of the previous M33 CFW.

eldj
August 21st, 2007, 14:08
Another successful update. No problems or worried here.

Thanks again M33 Team!

::EDIT::

It looks like SVCapture plugin doesn't work anymore. I've tried everything I could think of. I mainly use it for screenshots though, not gif video. Could someone be so kind as to recommend another screenshot plugin that will work on VSH, PSP Games, POPS Games, & Homebrew with this latest M33 CFW? Thanks!

I could of swore that SVCapture worked on 3.52 M33-2. I know it worked on one of the previous M33 CFW.

you can still use cwcheat for screenshots in game/pops/homebrew and SCEP XMB or the recovery version of theketchupman for screenshots in XMB, these plug-ins still works on 3.52 m33-4

jxx2005
August 21st, 2007, 14:20
but m33-3 just came out
now were already on to m33-4?

Nocuddle
August 21st, 2007, 15:25
Any1 still sayin M33 bad? Now it gets better. :D

What DAX say:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=75478

M33 comment:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=75486

Yeah yeah blame it on M33, for scaring u that their update may cause brickin on ur PSP.

I tell u, u r scared coz u had no shittiest clue wats goin on PSP scene & the trouble they had. Easy short cut for u, blame M33 & blacksheep em. U know nothing abt the truth why they doing it that way. THERE IS NO MALICIOUS CODE, period. It WILL brick if it gets modified. And guess who modifies it? U dont know, of course u dont. You open ur mouth faster then ur piss reach the bottom of the ceramic pisspot.

This message is for all those pisspot lovers.

jxx2005
August 21st, 2007, 15:43
so this is safe?
i've never even heard of ps3news before this thing
i'm paranoid i've only had my psp for like 3 weeks

SmashinGit
August 21st, 2007, 15:56
An excellent update, I would recommend this to everyone who uses custom firmware.

Nocuddle
August 21st, 2007, 15:57
so this is safe?
i've never even heard of ps3news before this thing
i'm paranoid i've only had my psp for like 3 weeks

I done mine safely from 3.51 M33-6 to M3.52 M33, M33-2, M33-4 within these 2 days.
I dunno how will do it yours. So it is depend on you. Read the manual properly. CFW always has a chance for bricking, I tell you that. Even on DAX one.

If u still afraid, then dont use it. Go back to Sony's OFW.

jxx2005
August 21st, 2007, 16:20
well given the testimonials
...hehe
testi
i think i'll do it
when i get home
i dont have my USB cord here, i'm at school

jurkevicz
August 21st, 2007, 17:51
Just updated and it's great! KUDOS to M33 team, I hope they'll continue releasing updates soon. I can't wait for SONY to release 3.60 so they can start working on it.

thefanaticgamer
August 21st, 2007, 17:57
Just because DAX and fanjita say somthing doesnt mean you have to agree with them. They are not God. We are all entitled to our own oppinions. So do not calll us misinformed or act like we are flaming noobs. If some of us have stronger morals than others so bit it. The truth is that m33 put somthing in their code that they knew would end up bricking psps. They may have given warning but they had to know it would end like this. they wanted this war and could accept a few casualties. In my mind this puts them in the wrong.

and frankly I dont believe in such blind faith.... even if they killed sombody? follow who you will, thats your choice, as i said i have more moral than most people. But to follow somebody knowing they killed someone, dont you see the flaw in that strategy?

jxx2005
August 21st, 2007, 18:48
Just because DAX and fanjita say somthing doesnt mean you have to agree with them. They are not God. We are all entitled to our own oppinions. So do not calll us misinformed or act like we are flaming noobs. If some of us have stronger morals than others so bit it. The truth is that m33 put somthing in their code that they knew would end up bricking psps. They may have given warning but they had to know it would end like this. they wanted this war and could accept a few casualties. In my mind this puts them in the wrong.

and frankly I dont believe in such blind faith.... even if they killed sombody? follow who you will, thats your choice, as i said i have more moral than most people. But to follow somebody knowing they killed someone, dont you see the flaw in that strategy?

yes there is code that could brick a PSP
but only if someone alters that code (not naming names) so just chill out
if they didnt tell you you'd never have known

pun1sh3r
August 21st, 2007, 19:00
Can I update to M33 3.52 and then do the 4th update directly without 2 and 3?

dejkirkby
August 21st, 2007, 19:53
yes you can

Veskgar
August 21st, 2007, 20:35
This release is great and completely safe. If you are that paranoid still, use a MD5 checker to make sure the checksums match up. Don't be afraid of this update. Take the plunge and update.

you can still use cwcheat for screenshots in game/pops/homebrew and SCEP XMB or the recovery version of theketchupman for screenshots in XMB, these plug-ins still works on 3.52 m33-4

Thank you for the reply and helpful suggestions.

Just because DAX and fanjita say somthing doesnt mean you have to agree with them. They are not God.

Ok, you need to just change your name to 'thefanatic whiner' because that's all I see you do on these M33 release threads. We get it, you don't agree with their actions. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion. You don't need to troll the threads to keep whining about it.

And GOD, no they are not, but Fanjita & Dark_AleX are 2 of the most trusted and reputable scene contributors out there and I always take what they say to the bank. And for the most part, their opinions and ideals are also the same for the majority of homebrew users.

Shiesty
August 21st, 2007, 20:55
could anyone tell me why i would want this over 3.10 oe-b

does it have popstation?

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 21:02
obviously it has popstation and a few other features OE doesnt have.

Gizmo356
August 21st, 2007, 21:03
Yeah in my opinion its the best CFW.

urherenow
August 21st, 2007, 21:05
ab88

Yes they most certainly did praise m33 for the 3rd update. And all other m33 firmware updates. If they removed it now then whatever so YOU get YOUR facts straight. in fact up until now most CFWs I have I downloaded from there and every single readme up until now is unaltered (same as files from this site). Why this time? For the reason I already mentioned.

ab88
August 21st, 2007, 23:26
ab88

Yes they most certainly did praise m33 for the 3rd update. And all other m33 firmware updates. If they removed it now then whatever so YOU get YOUR facts straight. in fact up until now most CFWs I have I downloaded from there and every single readme up until now is unaltered (same as files from this site). Why this time? For the reason I already mentioned.

Since the leak team Wildc*rd has included anti credits. Those were removed. Also M33 included anti credits in the update you mentioned those were removed. For someone that downloads from there you seem to notice so little. Of course they praise team M33 if it brought them money, why not? Also they surely did not edit all of the releases they put up. But if suddently they added some information they didn't like they just edit it out knowing they would brick other people's PSP's. How mature. If that was not enough they go out and edit the posts of their users to say they updated just fine. Why? to bring in more money.

Here is some of what they did:

You have annoyed too many people, like when you changed 3.03 noobz downgrader readme and added something like "Report the author [ip and location of fanjita server] to the authorities" after the anti-piracy statement.

Despite i left the scene because i wanted to be safer and I was tired of some sh.it, you have not stopped of trying to link me with M33, and change every of their readmes putting my supossed name and putting me in danger. Yeah, second and third names were with initials, but the other day, not in a main post, you posted that name FULLY and not just initials. So again other of your lies.

Posting of personal information under someones account, not the first or last time as you remember they also posted under Dark_AleX's name. (Informatio taken away for privacy reasons, but anyone could tell or remember who it was that got attacked):

Registration IP Address **.***.***.***

host**-***-***-***.range**-***.**central****.com

Post IP Addresses

**.139.***.135
**.140.**.113
**.144.*.156

UNITED KINGDOM

ISP - **-CENTRAL-****

Domain - **CENTRAL****.COM

To me it just seems that a site that KNOWINGLY bricks PSP's AND tries to hide it (edits) for money is worse that a bricker site that just tries to do damage to the community. Just my 2 cents.

I just don't get how such a lame site could have such great smileys...

CaptainMorgan4
August 21st, 2007, 23:45
Okay after further investigating when I have the VSHAnalog plugin disabled in the Recovery Menu I can get 333mhz in the XMB but if you click on photos OR music it will switch to 222mhz and WILL NOT RETURN. Just reporting these bugs, you can click on anything in the XMB except those if you don't want to lose your mhz. I hope M33 can fix these problems because the VSHAnalog is one of my favorite plugins (switchs the Dpad & Analog in XMB) and it doesn't use the Home button but if it's enabled you CANNOT get 333mhz ANYWHERE in the XMB and the HOME button VSH Menu WON'T COME up for some reason.

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 23:48
umm. i get 333 on my xmb :p

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 23:51
if u lose 333 for some reason press home and set clock speed to default then press home to get out of the menu, then press home again to go back into the menu and set it to 333, it should be changed. :o it worked for me because i noticed my clock speed got slower somehow.

Fanjita
August 22nd, 2007, 00:46
ab88

You realise, right, that they don't tend to add "this file has been edited by us to make us look better"? The edits tend to be relatively subtle and insidious, and of course they get away with it because most of their visitors are ignorant leeches that don't care anyway.

The one good thing to have come from all of this is a little user education. The only question is whether the cost was worth it.

Cloudhunter
August 22nd, 2007, 01:38

Frankly, you need to STFU with this useless flaming.

The fact remains, that DAX and Fanjita are HIGHLY respected members of the scene. So, of course people are going to listen to them. They also agree that what M33 did was correct - aswell as 99% of people now that they have been presented with more evidence.

So, go suck a lemon.

Cloudy

BelmontSlayer
August 22nd, 2007, 03:01
M33 put NO MALICIOUS CODE in their release. The "security measure" was placed by $ony. It corrupts an EBOOT if anything is changed in it. PS3News hex-edited the EBOOT and corrupted the update. That is what caused the bricks, not M33.

Get informed or just don't say anything.

Cloudhunter
August 22nd, 2007, 03:18
I'm sorry, but I have to post this about the PS3n00bs drama.

"Attention All Visitors: Read In!" and "Update" - A Dramatic Reading by FreePlay (http://f6y.ath.cx/ps3news/dramaticreading.mp3)

I just have to say "LOL"

Cloudy

DPyro
August 22nd, 2007, 03:30
:rofl:

Chameleon
August 22nd, 2007, 03:38
All ive got to say is WoW!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

BelmontSlayer
August 22nd, 2007, 03:48
I just have to say "LOL"

+1

FreePlay
August 22nd, 2007, 03:56
I just have to say "LOL"*bows*
M33 put NO MALICIOUS CODE in their release. The "security measure" was placed by $ony. It corrupts an EBOOT if anything is changed in it. PS3News hex-edited the EBOOT and corrupted the update. That is what caused the bricks, not M33.

Get informed or just don't say anything.Uh... actually, Sony has nothing to do with it.

The M33-3 update uses the EBOOT's checksum as its own decryption key. If the EBOOT is modified, the data decrypts improperly. It's M33's code that flashes the data, not Sony's.

but yes, irlolin.

monkvash
August 22nd, 2007, 04:19
i think i brinked my psp using this cuz i didnt update 2 m33 3.52 i was on m33 3.51 =((((( now my psp wont turn on ,

*EDIT - i can get into recov menu just have 2 wait for battery 2 be 75% lol thank god for recov menu , god im stupid

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 04:27
o shit.. no recovery menu?

nice avatar :D lol

ab88
August 22nd, 2007, 04:30
i think i brinked my psp using this cuz i didnt update 2 m33 3.52 i was on m33 3.51 =((((( now my psp wont turn on ,

The update refuses to run if it is launched from any firmware other than 3.52 M33 :confused: (the last ones did)

It was truly a great dramatic reading. Phone calls from kansas to California lol. He even set his number to only receive non-private calls. I truly think he is screwed. I even feel sorry for him.

monkvash
August 22nd, 2007, 04:39
nah dude i was on 3.51 when i ran it i remember cuz i was gonna upgrade it today lol so i guess if it wasent for the recov menu ied be outa $150 thakn god lol

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 04:41
lol wowwww.. just remember this time. update to 3.52 M33 first then M33-4 :p

monkvash
August 22nd, 2007, 04:54
yea lol

CaptainMorgan4
August 22nd, 2007, 05:50
Xg I tried your trick and it's wierd it will go into 333 and I can go into photos and it will remain and I can go into music and it's fine but it seems like after clicking on a few items on a random one each time it will switch back to 222. I'm going to try the trick now with my VSHAnalog plugin which before hasn't been able to let me get 333 anywhere in XMB and the HOME button menu doesn't work when it's enabled. But I put the CPU speeds in the recovery menu at default and am now just using the HOME button, I'll tell you what happens. If this doesn't work M33 please look at the code and see what the problem is with the stability of the XMB CPU speed.

edit: Okay the VSHAnalog plugin still will not let the CPU get past 222 and the HOME button still doesn't work, omfg M33 please fix this stability of the XMB CPU SPEED!!

monkvash
August 22nd, 2007, 06:10
god it keeps saying i need it at 75 percent and ive had it charging for like 1 hour =(

CaptainMorgan4
August 22nd, 2007, 06:13
Try running it with the charger plugged in if you've had it charging for an hour and it still won't go. Xg got any solutions or advice on my previous post, well can anyone help me?

edit: Oh yeah I forgot about the bypass key (post below)

FreePlay
August 22nd, 2007, 06:22
hold R and Triangle...

Panini
August 22nd, 2007, 15:03
Please help me, Can i upgrade striaght from 340oe to this version?

Thankyou.

TrUeJaY
August 22nd, 2007, 15:18
Please help me, Can i upgrade striaght from 340oe to this version?

Thankyou.

I think you have to go to 3.52 M33, might as well .. to be on the safe side.

xxcolbyxx
August 23rd, 2007, 20:38
Ah, sorry guys, quick noob question. I recently semibricked my PSP; i used the wrong topmenu, so now it boots up, but i cant see any of the icons on the XMB.

I also forgot to backup the original file. So, my question now is, how do i use the recovery? Where may i find the 3.52 recovery files to put into psp/game ? Thanks for your help guys.

assadam
August 28th, 2007, 01:09
Ah, sorry guys, quick noob question. I recently semibricked my PSP; i used the wrong topmenu, so now it boots up, but i cant see any of the icons on the XMB.

I also forgot to backup the original file. So, my question now is, how do i use the recovery? Where may i find the 3.52 recovery files to put into psp/game ? Thanks for your help guys.
lolz i just did that yesterday i have the recovery files just pm me

Nemihara
November 18th, 2007, 09:42
I updated to 3.52 M33, then M33-2, then I tried to go to three. Now, I can't even access Recovery menu. I don't get it; I downloaded it straight from DAX's site. What happened?

skylinestan
December 3rd, 2007, 05:20
Did anyone have this prob..I've found out that after customize the psp something wrong that making the connect usb inxmb hangs..can someone found out the problem for me thanx :)

kryst abegnalie
December 11th, 2007, 10:10
Did anyone have this prob..I've found out that after customize the psp something wrong that making the connect usb inxmb hangs..can someone found out the problem for me thanx :)

HI,

Did you check if you have the decrypted files (rco's) for this firmware. above 3.40 firmwares have different rco that may cause some one psp hang or brick. Better if you use CXMB that you will not need to flash your vsh and might not cause to brick. Just put the correct rcos for the right firmware.

pauljoe100
December 13th, 2007, 19:22
is there any way to get into recovery mode after a failed 3.52m33+4 update thanks to the dick

don828
December 26th, 2007, 20:41
Help please... i've downloaded the file and all but i don't know where to put it (noob!).. sorry i just downdated a while ago and updated to 3.52.

BTW, thanks to all you kind folks who continually help new PSP users!!

don