PDA

View Full Version : Requesting some help/clarification with 3.30oe-a

Reziarfg
August 21st, 2007, 01:06
Now, I've got 3.30oe-a, and I wasn't especially planning on updating it to what seems to be the more popular 3.40oe.

As it stands, I have the GPS 290 module and MapThis! 0.5 functioning appropriately. At any given moment I can detect up to 4 satellites on the GPS Info page.

Here's my question. I'm never getting a fix on any satellite. While I assume this is because it is now raining and cloudy outside, I'd like to see if I can get some help on something anyways.

I am currently using the prx files designed for 3.40oe. This has so far looked to be working well, however, I would like to get my hands on the 3.30 prx files. I've done some massive digging around and followed the wiki steps to excruciating precision to no avail. I know it might be too much to ask for, but is there anyway to get the files directly? For some reason whenever I go to run the PSARDumper I get a "Game cannot be played" error.

I am always sure to match up the appropriate dumper with the correct firmware, so that's not the issue. If anyone has any suggestions, they are all much appreciated.

And yes, I will be trying later in the sunshine.
Thanks in advance.

PDG
August 21st, 2007, 08:57
Try setting the CPU to 111 Mhz via the satelite info menu and turn off your WiFi ;)
Disable plugins and you should be good to go if you extracted your own .prx files :)

Reziarfg
August 21st, 2007, 22:12
I didn't extract my own prxs. I tried, I couldn't get it working for the life of me. So like I said I'm just using 3.40 prxs.

PDG
August 22nd, 2007, 08:47
I didn't extract my own prxs. I tried, I couldn't get it working for the life of me. So like I said I'm just using 3.40 prxs.

Did you try my guide out ?
http://www.vampire.se/misc/PSP/flashguide/GPS/extract_prx_us/index.htm

Its almost foolproof :thumbup: