PDA

View Full Version : Xbox: We are in a good place now

wraggster
November 14th, 2013, 22:48
Microsoft says Xbox One has overcome its difficult start and is now braced for the biggest launch in its history.
The new console was embroiled in a consumer backlash during May and June over controversial business policies. As a result, the platform holder was forced to abandon some of its plans.
“We unveiled Xbox back in May and it has been an interesting journey for us, I don’t think that will be a surprise for me to say,” said Xbox UK MD Harvey Eagle.
“Where we are now, a few days from launch, is in a good spot. There’s great demand for the console out there and we are wholly focused on launch and excited by that.
“There have been challenges along the way and I think we have done our best to respond to those challenges in what we think has been in the right way for our fans. And we think we have a great launch line-up of games.”
Eagle is the man tasked with putting together the Xbox One UK marketing plan, and is spending more money than ever before in making sure the console’s debut is a spectacular one.
“When we launched Xbox 360 we were very much a challenger brand, and over time became the market leader,” added Eagle.
“It is important that we maintain that challenger mentality that served us so well over this current generation. That said, this is the biggest ever launch we have done, both in terms of the volume expectation we have set ourselves and the investment we have put into launching Xbox One. So it makes this bigger than anything we have done before.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-we-are-in-a-good-place-now/0124300