PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Ring of Fates

wraggster
August 21st, 2007, 15:55
New from Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-21we.html)

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/5b/pa.95774.1.jpg

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates is the sequel to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube™. The game takes advantage of both the local wireless and Wi-Fi capabilities of the system.

The new installment of Crystal Chronicles uses a similar control scheme to the Gamecube™ version, with A to use Commands; Y to pick up items (and allegedly enemies); and the B button to jump (which adds a layer to strategy, with multitiered levels in the 3D environment).

Most of the gameplay takes place on the top screen. The touch screen shows maps, as well as stylus access for different weapon attacks. Special attacks are performed by pressing the right trigger button, the screens will swap allowing enemies to be attacked just by touching them with the stylus. If done correctly, chained attacks can be performed.

In multiplayer mode, the player's class greatly influences lifespan. Five character classes can be picked including Warrior, Archer, White Mage, Black Mage, and a support class. Each has specific roles to be fulfilled in the multiplayer mode.

Harshboy
August 21st, 2007, 18:15
This game is amazing. I just played it on my R4.

This game is in my opinion one of the best RPG's for the DS. Can't wait for the English version!

Skill
August 21st, 2007, 19:47
Ah men. I can't wait.

Dagangstah
August 21st, 2007, 19:49
Is this game in 3-D?

lightningquickguy14
August 21st, 2007, 22:06
So, will you be able to battle using Wi-Fi, or is it like Final Fantasy III? That really disappointed me.

noblelement
March 14th, 2008, 14:09
This is going to sound ridiculous, but can someone please post the basic controls for this game? Specifically, how to pick up and keep monster dropped items such as coins? Thanks.

wiggy fuzz
March 14th, 2008, 15:14
"Y" to pick monsters (or objects up). hit "A" away from a wall to back-flip-kick them or go up to a wall and hit "A" to smash them against it. "A" to pick up items. to throw stuff, it's holding any direction plus "Y" (make sure there's something to throw first)

i still can't get into my head how amazing this game is - i think it owns phantom hourglass, hands down - the bosses are spectacular. i hope it's also properly long, too. FF3 took me ages to complete, but revenant wings was too short.