PDA

View Full Version : Problems running homebrew on PSP

runejayce
August 21st, 2007, 17:09
I'm having problems running the following software in that I can't seem to use the D-Pad or analog stick.

FileAssistant
CPS1PSP2.0
gpSP
PSPPDF
PSPComic
Homer's RIN
SMS Plus PSP 1.2.3
SNES9xTYL 0.4.2me++
PSPlayer
PeP-Viewer

If anyone can help me, I'd be really grateful.

pt9087
August 21st, 2007, 23:24
Disable all seplugins... some of these could conflict!
e.g VSHanalog.prx

I cant see how else you would get this! do the controls work playing any other games?

sourced
August 22nd, 2007, 06:20
could be your plugins..

runejayce
August 22nd, 2007, 15:46
How do I disable the plugins? DGen definitely works properly control-wise and I tried out the new PSP4Manga software and it's having a similar problem to the other homebrew that doesn't seem to work...

I don't use the machine to play ISO PSP/PSX games, just homebrew, videos, MP3's, emulator games and games on UMD.

My machine is a Ceramic White Japanese PSP which was originally running on 2.01 firmware until I accidentally upgraded to 3.40 and I had to wait until the Lumines exploit was found to downgrade my PSP and install the Team M-33 CFW which in my opinion is pretty good...

I've upgraded to M-33 Upgrade #4 which is the latest version and that doesn't seem to fix the problem... So if anyone can tell me how to disable the plugins, I'll try that...

pt9087
August 22nd, 2007, 16:49
Hmm. ok if you dont know what plugins are then theres no point! you dont have any!

I dont see any possible way how this would happen!

Are you sure your controls work in the XMB?

runejayce
August 22nd, 2007, 21:10
Could my stick be causing the problem as it seems to be a fake.

pt9087
August 23rd, 2007, 01:25
o.O I dont think so!

I guess you bought it off ebay! contact Paypal and they will give you your money back... Plus you get to keep the card lol :thumbup:

runejayce
August 23rd, 2007, 16:34
I bought the stick which is a 2GB one from the CEX games store in Goodge St in London [the other one in London mainly sells PC stuff and that] and I've since tried my UMD PAL copy of Samurai Warriors: State of War on the machine and it's also acting like crazy in that I can't select any options at all using the D-Pad or Analog stick as the game is acting like most of the homebrew on the memory stick in that it's as if the control is scrolling up and down automatically back and forth and won't stop at all... [It's not easy to describe but basically when I try to select any options, I can't as the control system seem to be working on its own]

The XMB seems to work fine using the D-Pad to select which sections to go into altho I don't know how for the life of me I keep getting the new recovery menu that pops up via the XMB appearing all the time! *L*

pt9087
August 23rd, 2007, 16:49
Ok this is from a analog gold slip problem!

Your going to have to open up the PSP (you can find an easy tutorial on how to do that from google), once you get into the PSP look at the analog, if the gold slip is hanging off place it back in the middle! then screw the screws back into the PSP (make sure there all screwed in about the same tighnes as this could cause you another analog problem) Good Luck!

runejayce
August 23rd, 2007, 17:58
Ok this is from a analog gold slip problem!

Your going to have to open up the PSP (you can find an easy tutorial on how to do that from google), once you get into the PSP look at the analog, if the gold slip is hanging off place it back in the middle! then screw the screws back into the PSP (make sure there all screwed in about the same tighnes as this could cause you another analog problem) Good Luck!

I take it this analog gold slip problem is on the machine itself below the D-pad and not to do with the analog stick with the gold stuff on the circuit board below the analog stick?

pt9087
August 23rd, 2007, 18:02
I take it this analog gold slip problem is on the machine itself below the D-pad and not to do with the analog stick with the gold stuff on the circuit board below the analog stick?

Yep! :thumbup:

acn010
August 23rd, 2007, 18:09
SNES9xTYL 0.4
FileAssistant
dont work for me, i need help. and no, its nott the plugins

runejayce
August 23rd, 2007, 18:27
Are the screw holes for the analog gold slip where the battery compartment are, by any chance?

pt9087, thanks for all the help you've offered as I've tried loads of other PSP boards to try and get a solution for my problem and you're the only one who's come up with the correct one!

runejayce
August 24th, 2007, 11:22
I've checked the analog gold slip and it kind of looks OK and yet when I replaced the faceplate, I'm still having the same problem...

I read somewhere that I can remove the analog gold slip and clean it and replace it? How do I do that and does anyone have any further advice on how to solve this problem?