PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill PSP demo leaked online

Shrygue
August 21st, 2007, 20:02
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27874)

Konami's upcoming PSP title Silent Hill Origins has been leaked online, with a demo of the game available on various torrent sites.

But Karl Jeffery, CEO and founder of developer Climax, has told GamesIndustry.biz he is "100 per cent" certain the leak did not come from the UK studio.

"All I can say is that code did not leak from Climax – 100 per cent guaranteed," said Jeffery.

"The code that is out there is fingerprinted and was supplied solely to Konami for marketing purposes."

Silent Hill is one of Konami's strongest franchises and the embarrassing and potentially damaging incident happens just days before it is due to show off the game to the public at the Games Convention in Leipzig.

Websites checked by GamesIndustry.biz reveal that the demo was uploaded August 19, with one site seeing well over 1200 users downloading the code at the time of writing.

"At Climax we have strong and proven security procedures that protect all of our code, assets and builds," added Jeffery.

"We have developed over 100 titles in 20 years in business and have never had a leak or theft from inside the company."

The game is due for an official release later this year. Konami had not responded to requests for comment at the time of writing.

O-bake
August 21st, 2007, 20:13
What's about a leaked Demo?
A demo is for advertising the product, right? So what?
Should be even better for them. Never heard a company complaing about too much advertising...

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 20:57
so um no download to the demo?

Mr.Denny
August 21st, 2007, 21:01
It's 600mb on the torrent sites :/

xg917
August 21st, 2007, 21:10
dam thats a large demo..

PSmonkey
August 21st, 2007, 21:15
Its not a Public demo people. It's a demonstration build for internal use only. Hence why this leak is a HUGE problem.

If konami figures out who did it, they wont have a job for very long.

John Vattic
August 21st, 2007, 21:18
It's 600mb on the torrent sites :/

maybe it's the full game or something. Just timed.

oh. nevermind. thanks for the clear-up monkey.

SnesR0X
August 21st, 2007, 21:28
I has it

Sonicboy 101
August 21st, 2007, 21:32
Give me it! please. lol
Speeds are too slow for me

Veskgar
August 21st, 2007, 22:48
I saw it and really thought it was a DEMO and was not wanting to download such a large "DEMO".

Now that it is learned that it is much more than just a DEMO it is tempting to check it out but I'll wait for the North American release and buy the UMD to support the developer. If the game is good that is.

burrito
August 21st, 2007, 23:02
The Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow demo umd is 450 MB, so the size of this leaked demo doesn't surprise me.

brian01001
August 21st, 2007, 23:40
Can sumone email me the torrent to bend-your-mind at hotmail dot com

devdj
August 22nd, 2007, 00:00
i got it on the day it was leaked its cool

E.J.
August 22nd, 2007, 00:01
Can sumone email me the torrent to bend-your-mind at hotmail dot com

Nope, no one can, at least in this forum, learn to use google.

I think its a test build, if so, then it can be buggy and unfinished, it would be very annoying to play this "Demo" only to get stuck somewhere in the game...

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 00:59
Give me it! please. lol
Speeds are too slow for me

and you are sonic XD:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 00:59
this is actually kool cuz i didnt know silent hill was going to be a psp game.

pspgamer15
August 22nd, 2007, 01:02
I played the demo and ran into a bug. I tried to enter a room and my PSP crashed it locked up and none of the buttons did anything. Being a homebrew developer my PSP has crashed half-a-dozen times so no biggie. It is still a very nice demo.

PSmonkey
August 22nd, 2007, 03:44
-- WARNING --
Guys this is still piracy. This rule has a strict rule against piracy. So stop requesting or asking where to download or I will issue warnings (bans for thoes already with a warning).

mexicansnake
August 22nd, 2007, 06:05
-- WARNING --
Guys this is still piracy. This rule has a strict rule against piracy. So stop requesting or asking where to download or I will issue warnings (bans for thoes already with a warning).

Nice to see you again around here:D .

Btw:
600mb seem to be a huge demo, maybe the game will be huge!.

Maybe its like an internal-corp beta.

Joe88
August 22nd, 2007, 06:47
stop asking for torrent links people

btw I played the demo, its epic :D

BrooksyX
August 22nd, 2007, 07:30
This is very interesting news.

I just might have to check this demo out.

cDub
August 22nd, 2007, 12:51
i dont see how this is damaging. the lighting effects alone in this demo make me want to buy it.

Veskgar
August 22nd, 2007, 13:53
A few people have stated that if you walk over a dead corpse or something, your footsteps start getting squeaky and then if you look on the floor, bloody footprints...

Yeah, I think I'll be buying this game. Paying attention to detail makes a world of difference for PSP games, and I respect developers who take the time to do so.

Ultima Chocochu
August 24th, 2007, 05:03
It's pretty amazing
Play with the headphones on and lights off
I read somewhere it was the full version(not sure on how accurate the info is) but regardless, it has the endings on it so it's probably true
Just the game stops you after you fight a certain monster

Konami made a big deal out if it probably due to this, the endings are suppose to also be posted on YouTube
I saw links, but didn't click cause I wanna buy the game >.<
If someone already said this, kill me.

blackrave
August 24th, 2007, 14:20
So it's comparable to the Gangs of London beta that was leaked a long time ago? That was a full version, too, I think. So, with some tweaking in the UMD files, the demo can be unlocked to be the full game, perhaps? That IS a good reason for Konami to make a big deal out of it, yeah ... Leaks suck.

Napalm-Death
August 24th, 2007, 14:37
When does the game come out?

Gizmo356
August 24th, 2007, 14:58
I modded it and its the full game now.

blackrave
August 24th, 2007, 15:10
When does the game come out?

North America: November 6, 2007
Europe: October 26, 2007

I modded it and its the full game now.

Prove it.

Sonicboy 101
August 24th, 2007, 15:18
Yeah, prove it Gizmo

Ultima Chocochu
August 25th, 2007, 00:52
So it's comparable to the Gangs of London beta that was leaked a long time ago? That was a full version, too, I think. So, with some tweaking in the UMD files, the demo can be unlocked to be the full game, perhaps? That IS a good reason for Konami to make a big deal out of it, yeah ... Leaks suck.

Yeah, I doubt it'd take very much to change that
The only thing is you don't get the start of the game
AND you can't save your game
If you try to save it, it won't load up the saved data later I heard
So you'd basically get a full version, without the ability to save.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 01:06
he's messing around guys XD