PDA

View Full Version : Sony: Eye Toy has more potential than Wii Remote

Shrygue
August 21st, 2007, 20:13
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170556)

The PS3's ability to track the position of an object in 3D space using the new Eye Toy offers up more potential for motion-sensing gaming than the Wii Remote, Sony told CVG yesterday.

Eye Toy card battle game, Eye of Judgement, boasts some pretty impressive optical recognition technology that not only identifies a card (from a selection of hundreds) and summons the right monster, but it can track the movement of that card - including its distance from the camera and tilt orientation - and keep that monster positioned correctly on it.

Game director Kazuhito Miyaki told CVG: "All of the different Eye Toy games that we've made so far and the wide range [of gameplay] that we have delivered shows that the camera isn't the key device, it's what we do with it that's important."When asked how this compared to the motion tracking opportunities offered by the Wii Remote, he went on the say: "In Eye of Judgement it's all about summoning the creatures. With other games it'll be about creating a whole different dynamic so, in a way, you could say there is much more potential and ability in our technology."

Basil Zero
August 21st, 2007, 21:21
lol

what a claim, hopefully they stay true to their word, havent played a wii yet, but from what i've seen the ps3's sixaxis controller sucks in terms of motion sensing, perhaps the eye toy can make up for it xD

mcdougall57
August 21st, 2007, 21:39
well i suppose nintendo can make an eye toy too, yeah that just pissed on your bonfire sony, and why did you implement six-axis personally it feels tacked on and needs scraping i would swap six-axis for rumble anyday

and basil that link to that steal your soul thing dont work, just givin u the heads up

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 02:22
why do sony keep saying **** like this

"killzone 2 will be better than halo wooo!"
"the wii is a toy wooo!"
"the eye toy is better than the wiimote wooo!"

They should be trying to sell there £450 mess not trying to bash the wii or 360

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 02:33
:rofl:

Accordion
August 22nd, 2007, 10:54

"the wii is a toy wooo!"

anything is better than halo, but sony hasnt said its better than halo.

all games consoles are toys

actually if used correctly the eyetoy can offer more immersive gameplay. For all of the Wii sports games could be done on the eyetoy [ps2 or ps3], the software can track multiple colours at on time, two wrist bands would provide perfect motion tracking.

the PS3 does not cost £450... and never has.
the PS3 starter pack is £425 including two games and an extra controller. that means the console costs £310. still not cheap i agree, but dont talk nonsense.

Tree
August 22nd, 2007, 15:03
i cant wait 4 the new eye toy to come out ... but on ps3 it can fit loads more mini games on it ... and things like that

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 15:14
anything is better than halo, but sony hasnt said its better than halo.

all games consoles are toys

actually if used correctly the eyetoy can offer more immersive gameplay. For all of the Wii sports games could be done on the eyetoy [ps2 or ps3], the software can track multiple colours at on time, two wrist bands would provide perfect motion tracking.

the PS3 does not cost £450... and never has.
the PS3 starter pack is £425 including two games and an extra controller. that means the console costs £310. still not cheap i agree, but dont talk nonsense.

no the ps3 does cost £450 it says so right here in my argos catalog

sony said some thing about beating the top fps with killzone 2 (and the top fps was halo 2)

the eye top sucks why would i want to jump up and down 7 times just to get the game to respond (yes i have the ps2 eye toy)

yes lots of things are better than halo but killzone is not one of them.

Accordion
August 22nd, 2007, 16:01
argos?
argos?
really?

the highly respected computer games retailer argos?

the same argos which repeatedly advertises correct information?

The automatically updating hard-copy of the catalog? thats completely void of connection to current information?

not following a much publicized RRP?

i highly doubt that.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 16:19
argos?
argos?
really?

the highly respected computer games retailer argos?

the same argos which repeatedly advertises correct information?

The automatically updating hard-copy of the catalog? thats completely void of connection to current information?

not following a much publicized RRP?

i highly doubt that.

man i hate talking to sony fanboys, you said it was £310 and i proved you wrong

here it is at £450
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020071

there i proved you wrong again

here it is at £400
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007SV734/amazonstore-21

and there i proved you wrong again!!!

Accordion
August 22nd, 2007, 16:34
man i hate talking to sony fanboys, you said it was £310 and i proved you wrong

here it is at[ $]450
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=020071
[outdated 20GB version from America.]

there i proved you wrong again

here it is at £[399]
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007SV734/amazonstore-21
[with options for bundles- £399 for two games +controller + HDMI, or £425 with three games + controller + HDMI]

and there i proved you wrong again!!!

erm… thanks i guess

oh and heres another link: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5683707.htm
————————————————————————————————————————————— ———
now you have proven me so wrong in every conceivable way please get back on topic.

Gold Line
August 22nd, 2007, 17:51
erm… thanks i guess

oh and heres another link: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5683707.htm
————————————————————————————————————————————————
now you have proven me so wrong in every conceivable way please get back on topic.

lol you just proved your self wrong that ps3 in the link is £425 and you said it was £310

Accordion
August 22nd, 2007, 17:54
lol you just proved your self wrong that ps3 in the link is £425 and you said it was £310

right, last off-topic post from me… now:

check your own links.
check my previous posts about argos.

puberty is fun!

F9zDark
August 22nd, 2007, 21:07

"the wii is a toy wooo!"

Sony never said it was better than the wii-mote. More potential does not mean better. Its what developers do with that potential that makes the technology better than something else.

I have said this time and again, the Wii-mote needs an upgrade. It uses IR to determine where the remote is located and pointing. Sure it sounds great on paper, except for the fact that 3 sensor bars would be needed to determine, without error, the Wii-mote's location in 3D space.

Nintendo's work around of "putting 2 candles behind the player" is utter crap. Would any smart player want to have two sources of flame near the playing area, while having a party with the Wii? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 21:15
yugioh game is gonna be created by konami with this technology... its gonna be awesome!!!!! i wanna play against a virtual opponent

mavsman4457
August 22nd, 2007, 22:38
I agree that the Eye Toy has more potential than the Wiimote 100%. This can be a controller for as many people as can fit in the screen and it isn't just sensing a little stick. It is sensing your entire body plus your surroundings and your voice. This will be an amazing piece of hardware but as someone has said it will be make or break depending on the software provided for it. If no one makes software for it then people will never see how advanced and capable it is. I for one cannot wait for this thing. When will they give us a date for it to be released?

ICE
August 22nd, 2007, 23:31
heres the thing. eye toy could do more but it wont and even if it does its appeal will be NO WHERE near the wii's.

acn010
August 22nd, 2007, 23:32
you sure????
lol well i dont know... the cost of the cam is also a concern to people

mcdougall57
August 23rd, 2007, 01:02
isnt the eyetoy relatively slow though? unless its sped up on the ps3 or somat cos on the ps2 it was slow and wii movement is instant

Accordion
August 23rd, 2007, 01:06
heres the thing. eye toy could do more but it wont and even if it does its appeal will be NO WHERE near the wii's.

to someone who enjoys computer games, it's success doesn't matter, if a great game comes along and i get to play it, i couldn't care less whether it gets record sales.

after watching the PSN video of the tower game and the camera, i am even more interested.

In regards to the wii remote, the eyetoy seems to do what the remote promised and hasnt lived up to… real time motion control !!!
even the first 'eyetoy: play' title could manage that, and it is the basis for all eyetoy games.

of course the fact there are no buttons used for the eyetoy games means the same gameplay methods arent yet possible, but a simple alternate one handed controller could manage that.

even a coloured stick could perform just as well as the wii remote as a sword or tennis racket.

F9zDark
August 24th, 2007, 02:13
isnt the eyetoy relatively slow though? unless its sped up on the ps3 or somat cos on the ps2 it was slow and wii movement is instant

The PS3 Eye (as its properly called I believe) boasts some pretty impressive features, from what I read long ago. Considering the level of technology in the PS3 Eye compared to the PS2's Eye Toy, it would be equivalent to comparing an Apple II to an Alienware rig...

F9zDark
August 24th, 2007, 02:18
even a coloured stick could perform just as well as the wii remote as a sword or tennis racket.

In fact, it would perform better. Since the PS3 Eye could extrapolate the location of the stick to a Cartesian Graph of its field of view, and determine its exact location within centimeters or millimeters (depending on the resolution).

ICE
August 24th, 2007, 02:19
someone show me how your gonna play an action rpg or a fps with eyetoy.
heck even try a racer or sports game. it wont work.

EDIT: yeah great you can use it as a racket. how would your character move? eyetoy is great for REALLY gimmicky games where you swat at crap but as far as a real game it wont work unless you use a remote too somehow. you need buttons to play games.

Shadowblind
August 24th, 2007, 03:28
Sorry, but....no. No it doesn't. At least not from what I've seen. I tried eyeToy PS2. Frankly, I wasn't impressed.

The PS3 version probably is crap in this area. But c'mon people, the PS3, like the Xbox, wasn't made for motion sensing, so its crappyiness in this area isn't surprising.

So yeah. Don't really care what people say about this, I know better.

Common sense.

Accordion
August 24th, 2007, 13:17
someone show me how your gonna play an action rpg or a fps with eyetoy.
heck even try a racer or sports game. it wont work.

EDIT: yeah great you can use it as a racket. how would your character move? eyetoy is great for REALLY gimmicky games where you swat at crap but as far as a real game it wont work unless you use a remote too somehow. you need buttons to play games.

Im not saying it will happen, but the following is definitely possible:

the ps3 has 7 channels for bluetooth controllers, all that is needed is two halves of a regular controller [maybe more wand like to allow for better grip] each part could have four face buttons, shoulder buttons and a full analogue stick [for camera control!!!],
if left is orange and right is blue, the camera can track the movement of each unit in actual 2-D space. If there is a pattern or markers on each unit, then the camera can track the units in 3-D space as the pattern can be measured.

I have been stating what is possible with the original eyetoy, because i have experience with the eyetoy
The eyetoy can detect and track four colours at a time.
We also know the PSEYE can detect patterns in 3-D space as seen in Eye of Judgment.

So as far as potential stands, the PS EYE completely overwhelms the competition due to not being restricted to abstract control schemes such as "waggle". Whether developers take the time to proceed past such simple control schemes is a different question.

F9zDark
August 24th, 2007, 18:37
Sorry, but....no. No it doesn't. At least not from what I've seen. I tried eyeToy PS2. Frankly, I wasn't impressed.

The PS3 version probably is crap in this area. But c'mon people, the PS3, like the Xbox, wasn't made for motion sensing, so its crappyiness in this area isn't surprising.

So yeah. Don't really care what people say about this, I know better.

Common sense.

Haha, yeah right. The Wiimote is the worst of them all. At least SixAxiS works without flaw 100% of the time. Can't say that about the Wii-mote. Unless you have 2 candles behind you.

Way to go Nintendo.

Gold Line
August 24th, 2007, 19:33
Haha, yeah right. The Wiimote is the worst of them all. At least SixAxiS works without flaw 100% of the time. Can't say that about the Wii-mote. Unless you have 2 candles behind you.

Way to go Nintendo.

why are you talking about candles?

Accordion
August 24th, 2007, 19:38

i have no idea why he is talking about candles either.

sonofsamus
August 25th, 2007, 00:18
Mmmm. Fanboys.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 00:27
psssshhhhhhh, candles
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/not_funny_01.jpg
anyways.... its also gonna superb the wii fitness thingy.... it will be a smash hit with the eyetoy 2

Malus Darkblade
August 25th, 2007, 00:52
Another plus. Its harder to throw your hand through the TV, unless your REALLY into the game your playing and decide to rush at your opponent.

You know what I hate. those who believe themselves correct on all terms merely from experience with old technology or simply there gut feeling, and refuse the have themselves corrected. Read up on what you are thinking of commenting on, then comment.

From what Ive seen so far, it looks highly promising, and assuming you guys are right about the 3D recognition, using patterns, depth, height, and length, it looks like it could be far better technology than the Wiimote. Not that I have played a Wii personally, but reviews and the like give a vague impression. The problem that is clawing away at my subconscious is, its true no one did care about the Eye toy all that much, and developers are well aware of this, and have taken note to stay away from that area of gaming as much as possible. so even with all the new specs, and state of the art tech, are they going to dare put there money into it, and if they do, are the uneducated casual gamers going to give a flying monkey scrotum. I think not.

Mind I have not been this excited about a card game in along time. even if its Yu-Gi-Oh. I wonder if they will try to stray away from the linear and have complete movment of your cards without boundaries (well outside your battle area at least) so you can make a flourish with the card on screen, when online. Then again maybe not such a good idea, seeing as I would take the metaphorical "wii" half the time online.

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 17:19

Because that was Nintendo's response to Wii-mote read and accuracy errors. They actually said, use 2 infrared sources behind the player for optimal reading and accuracy.

But the only cheap infrared sources available to consumers are candles, may as well have said that.

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 17:24
i really dont see how the wiimote is inaccurate. my stance is still that if you cant use the wii mote well you're just not very smart...

the eyetoy could do more but it would take so much crap being bought that it wont happen.

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 17:32
i really dont see how the wiimote is inaccurate. my stance is still that if you cant use the wii mote well you're just not very smart...

Right. At a complete standstill, the cursor on screen jumps a good half an inch back and forth every second. Both of my friends who own Wiis got so frustrated with the FPS games they own that they stopped playing them entirely and play Wii-Sports or Cooking Mama.

If intelligence has anything to do with it, then Nintendo should not have sold a last gen console to a vastly unintelligent audience.

And again, it doesn't make a bit of difference what you believe. If you even had half a mind for science, you'd know that the Wii-mote's design is inherently flawed. Imagine if the government took Nintendo's rationale with the Wii-mote/sensor bar and applied it GPS.

Needless to say, there would be no GPS if that was the case.

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 17:44
um i find it rather naive to think that since one guys wii is screwy that they all are. i have had one since launch and the only time the cursor jumps around is with cheap batteries that are nearly dead. other than that it doesnt happen. the wiimote works for me and everyone i know so..

also they released a simple console because the market is new.

im done talking to you now though because your rude. you are incapable of explaining your side without insults. your undermining my intelligence and i dont like it. all i said was that the wiimote works great for me (and even my parents..) and you start saying i dont even half have a mind for science.

of course the government takes gps more seriously. gps isnt a leisure activity.

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 18:16
im done talking to you now though because your rude. you are incapable of explaining your side without insults. your undermining my intelligence and i dont like it. all i said was that the wiimote works great for me (and even my parents..) and you start saying i dont even half have a mind for science.

of course the government takes gps more seriously. gps isnt a leisure activity.

First off, you started with the insults.

Secondly, you completely avoided the point of GPS entirely (so I will take that as my point is correct, and the Wii is sub-par).

To determine the location of ANYTHING in 3d space correctly, TRIANGULATION is necessary. GPS device requires at the absolute minimum 3 (TRIangulation) satellites. With more than 3 for improved accuracy.

Had Nintendo's engineers even had half the mind for science they would have made 3 sensor bars for the Wii. But rather than spend the time and extra money making a console actually work without flaws (Nintendo's crappy wrist straps anyone?) they decided to make a cheap, POS that will earn them PROFIT (making them perhaps the first and only console manufacturer to have EVER earned profits on a console).

And I don't believe that crap about the batteries. You're a Wii fanboy, so obviously your perceptions of its flaws aren't perceived because you love the console. Science which dictates that triangulation is necessary, also dictates the fact that "better batteries" doesn't make something "work better".

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 18:33
lol yup you're right i insulted you first.. all i said was that in my experience the people who cant use the wiimote were just being stupid.

i avoided the gps thing because i was pointless. gps isnt a toy. video games are. your point is irrelevant. they also put more work into space shuttles too but theres no correlation there so no one brings it up.

do you really believe that many people would buy a system that requires 3 sensor bars? if ninty did that they would be in the same boat with sony.

im not a fanboy. a fan boy wouldnt say he wanted a ps3 but cant afford one. he also wouldnt admit that the eyetoy could do more but wont.

the wii could be better of course. thats not the point here. yes three sensors would be better. thats not the topic.

EDIT: hahaha you brought up the wrist straps? lmao the straps are fine if you dont throw the remote.. ninty didnt expect people to let go of the remotes..

heres what happened with the batteries too. i had rechargeable batteries and any time i plugged in the nunchuck the pointer would freak out. i switched batteries and it stopped. they were cheap i was dumb for using them.

Shadowblind
August 25th, 2007, 18:48
Because that was Nintendo's response to Wii-mote read and accuracy errors. They actually said, use 2 infrared sources behind the player for optimal reading and accuracy.

But the only cheap infrared sources available to consumers are candles, may as well have said that.

I've read various articles about the Wiimotes ability not even being tapped into yet. This goes for the Magazine Popular Science. The Wiimote is capable of far more then anything we've seen before in accurate replications of actual hand and mote positioning.

Accordion
August 25th, 2007, 19:02
First off,Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Calm down!

The Wii remote does what it does relatively well, the extra IR signals is pointless because the pointer is only used on the 2-D tv screen, and as can be seen in every application of the pointer, it is perfectly adequate for this use- detecting the left, right, up, down co-ordinates . It also has no problem detecting forwards and backwards movement due to the distance between IR sources. Coupled with the motion sensors, its a very capable system.

as i have already stated the Wii does not make use of real-time motion control, instead using abstract gesture based control schemes. While this method isnt the best for future prospects, or for pushing the boundaries of control methods, it serves perfectly well for the intended audience. So as much as a disappointment the Wii remote is to me, it serves its purpose and it also prints money.

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 19:38
Calm down!

The Wii remote does what it does relatively well, the extra IR signals is pointless because the pointer is only used on the 2-D tv screen, and as can be seen in every application of the pointer, it is perfectly adequate for this use- detecting the left, right, up, down co-ordinates . It also has no problem detecting forwards and backwards movement due to the distance between IR sources. Coupled with the motion sensors, its a very capable system.

as i have already stated the Wii does not make use of real-time motion control, instead using abstract gesture based control schemes. While this method isnt the best for future prospects, or for pushing the boundaries of control methods, it serves perfectly well for the intended audience. So as much as a disappointment the Wii remote is to me, it serves its purpose and it also prints money.

thank you.

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 19:53
wii has its capabiities

DPyro
August 25th, 2007, 19:54
You guys should stop arguing about the accuracy of the Wiimote. Wii golf already proves that its not accurate at all (ever tried putting?).

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 19:59
You guys should stop arguing about the accuracy of the Wiimote. Wii golf already proves that its not accurate at all (ever tried putting?).

wii golf on wii sports? i LOVE the golf on there.... i consistently hit around -3.. again maybe you just not good at it? lol im just joking around so dont yell at me..

anywho i love wii golf..

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 19:59
yeeaj, also baseball

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 20:01
you guys have problems with baseball too? my father in law is pretty decent at it.. hes old too!! lol

DPyro
August 25th, 2007, 20:07
Baseball works fine, but the putting in Wii golf is awful. And the instructions for all these games is bad too. They tell you to hold the remote like a golf club, or a baseball bat and it just sucks doing it that way. I can consistently get home runs by just flicking my wrist, instead of making a fool of myself trying to swing a bat.

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 20:10
I've read various articles about the Wiimotes ability not even being tapped into yet. This goes for the Magazine Popular Science. The Wiimote is capable of far more then anything we've seen before in accurate replications of actual hand and mote positioning.

And the same article in Popular Science also mentioned how WiiSports Golf didn't actually use physics to determine the player's shot. Rather it used the parameters of known golfer's shots and the closest match of the parameters of the player's shot is how the ball goes.

What good is being able to actually strike the golf ball if your shot is already predetermined?

acn010
August 25th, 2007, 20:13
Baseball works fine, but the putting in Wii golf is awful. And the instructions for all these games is bad too. They tell you to hold the remote like a golf club, or a baseball bat and it just sucks doing it that way. I can consistently get home runs by just flicking my wrist, instead of making a fool of myself trying to swing a bat.

yeah, one flick and its gone!!! lmao

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 20:13

I tried playing Wii-Baseball that way as well. I tried playing Wii bowling the way bowling is played. My friend showed me that realistic movements DO NOT award the player whatsoever.

He did the same thing in baseball and a similar thing in bowling, and needless to say he gets more homeruns and strikes than I do.

Yet, in real life I made my town rec's all star baseball team. Yeah, the Wii is good for realistic movements alright...

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 20:20
lol yup you're right i insulted you first.. all i said was that in my experience the people who cant use the wiimote were just being stupid.

i avoided the gps thing because i was pointless. gps isnt a toy. video games are. your point is irrelevant. they also put more work into space shuttles too but theres no correlation there so no one brings it up.

Pointless? It doesn't matter if the wii is a toy or not. The technology runs on the same principle. And if nintendo cared about delivering a truly solid, realistic experience, they would have added the 2 extra sensor bars.

How much would it cost Nintendo to have added them? 10 more dollars?

And this is exactly why I have no respect for Nintendo anymore. They took generation with a damn near grain of salt. Had Sony introduced a Wii-Mote they would have made it the best of the best because they feel people should get their moneys worth. (Reason why the PS3's Blu-Ray player is the best one on the market).

If Nintendo wants to sell a toy, that is prerogative. And to their credit, it has worked well for them. But they cannot live on casual gamers forever.

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 20:27
no would buy a system that requires 3 bars when 1 apparently works for most people.

DPyro
August 25th, 2007, 20:36
lol, I can stop you from playing the Wii by just placing some Christmas lights beside you :p

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 20:40
no would buy a system that requires 3 bars when 1 apparently works for most people.

Had the system came with 3 originally, no one would know that 1 works "fine"...

Accordion
August 25th, 2007, 20:53
it seems some people are forgetting they are in the minority group.

ICE
August 25th, 2007, 21:14
lol, I can stop you from playing the Wii by just placing some Christmas lights beside you :p

yeah thats a real bummer... i love my wii next to christmas tree..

the wiimote works fine you people are are just perfectionists. i have experienced problems like 1% of the time so i really dont know what you are talking about.

even my old parents use it perfectly. if you cant im sorry.

F9zDark
August 25th, 2007, 21:21
yeah thats a real bummer... i love my wii next to christmas tree..

the wiimote works fine you people are are just perfectionists. i have experienced problems like 1% of the time so i really dont know what you are talking about.

Yes I am. If I buy a game, and find out there is a patch for it immediately upon installation, I return it and get my money back. I don't spend money on products that are half assed.

Shadowblind
August 25th, 2007, 21:52

If you put something on fire near my Wii, id be pretty mad... :p

Waited forever to find one!

Gold Line
August 26th, 2007, 03:05

i dont mean to be rude but i lol @ you and your post i'm playing re4 on my wii and its never once let me down your just talking crap and bashing the wii for no reason at all

oh wait do you need 4 tosters next to your 360 so it will respond better?

call me a fanboy if you want i dont care but i will not suport the ps3 because the wii and 360 are far better consoles.

F9zDark
August 26th, 2007, 05:32
i dont mean to be rude but i lol @ you and your post i'm playing re4 on my wii and its never once let me down your just talking crap and bashing the wii for no reason at all

oh wait do you need 4 tosters next to your 360 so it will respond better?

call me a fanboy if you want i dont care but i will not suport the ps3 because the wii and 360 are far better consoles.

Once again a fanboyish statement from another flamebaiting moron.

Think I am wrong about the candles?

http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/27/wii-works-with-candles/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/27/joystiq-video-candles-can-replace-wii-sensor-bar/

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/27/back-in-our-day-we-played-the-wii-by-candlelight/

And don't support the PS3. I don't care. What I do care about is how all the asshole fanboys out there find it funny to invade the PS3 forums with their childish, immature bullshit.

Whats also funny is that it isn't just these forqms either, the Official PS boards are invaded every day by Wii-***s and Xbots. To their dismay they are banned right quick. But one needs to ask, why?

I believe it is because both of the competition's fans are in fact, jealous that they cannot afford the future of gaming.

Sorry, the Wii is not the future of gaming. Innovation, at the expense of advancement has NEVER driven the industry. And next-generation, when the PS3 and Xbox360 are on their last limb, ready to drive the industry forward again, where will Nintendo be?

Will they man up to the reality that gaming has never been about the casual? Will they realize that while casual gamers this generation may have made them money, that next generation these people would have moved on with their lives, perhaps forgetting about games entirely? (Casual gamers are called casual for a reason.)

Gold Line
August 27th, 2007, 02:44
Once again a fanboyish statement from another flamebaiting moron.

Think I am wrong about the candles?

http://crunchgear.com/2006/11/27/wii-works-with-candles/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/27/joystiq-video-candles-can-replace-wii-sensor-bar/

http://www.engadget.com/2006/11/27/back-in-our-day-we-played-the-wii-by-candlelight/

And don't support the PS3. I don't care. What I do care about is how all the asshole fanboys out there find it funny to invade the PS3 forums with their childish, immature bullshit.

Whats also funny is that it isn't just these forums either, the Official PS boards are invaded every day by Wii-***s and Xbots. To their dismay they are banned right quick. But one needs to ask, why?

I believe it is because both of the competition's fans are in fact, jealous that they cannot afford the future of gaming.

Sorry, the Wii is not the future of gaming. Innovation, at the expense of advancement has NEVER driven the industry. And next-generation, when the PS3 and Xbox360 are on their last limb, ready to drive the industry forward again, where will Nintendo be?

Will they man up to the reality that gaming has never been about the casual? Will they realize that while casual gamers this generation may have made them money, that next generation these people would have moved on with their lives, perhaps forgetting about games entirely? (Casual gamers are called casual for a reason.)

theres no need to use candels end of story.

also you have no right to call somone a fanboy because you clearly are one.

JKKDARK
August 27th, 2007, 03:14

And your fantastic PS3 only sold less than 5 million units :rolleyes:

ICE
August 27th, 2007, 03:17
ok look you flaming, fanboy hypocrite. if you want to keep playing the same old games in the same way we have been for years great. you can even pay $600 for it too. me? no thanks im gonna not pay $600 for something my computer already does but better.

the wii works great with EVERYONE thats played mine and it makes games i got tired of years ago feel fresh again. oh and its not $600.

F9zDark
August 27th, 2007, 06:58
And your fantastic PS3 only sold less than 5 million units :rolleyes:

Yeah, I suppose there are just too many poor Wii and 360 fanboys out there to afford the future of gaming.

F9zDark
August 27th, 2007, 07:02
theres no need to use candels end of story.

also you have no right to call somone a fanboy because you clearly are one.

Once again, you have missed my point entirely. If you don't like the PS3, don't post here, end of story.

I resort to fanboyish tactics because of losers like you, theICEman, JKKDark and ShadowBlind.

Unfortunately, these forums aren't moderated with the iron fist that the Official PS boards are. If they were, the 4 of you would have been banned already.

Again, if you have nothing positive, constructive or intelligent to say about the subject of the forum that you are in, then don't post.

If you don't like how I respond to fanboy losers like yourself, then don't post.

I will continue to flame, bash and berate you all until you get it through your thick skulls that your bullshit is not welcome on the PS3 boards.

The day I see any of the regular, PS3 owners, who post here goto the Wii and 360 boards and pull the same shit you all pull, then maybe I'll cut you some slack.

Oh wait, that doesn't happen because Sony fanboys are actually mature.

ElRazur
August 27th, 2007, 08:48
Do fan boys missed the big sign that says, it is a ps3 subforum? I dont understand people or should i say kid at times!
I browse every now and then on the ps3 sections and other console just to read news etc BUT you would never see me post on a console i do not own or dont intend on buying.

Gold Line
August 27th, 2007, 22:01
Yeah, I suppose there are just too many poor Wii and 360 fanboys out there to afford the future of gaming.

Once again, you have missed my point entirely. If you don't like the PS3, don't post here, end of story.

I resort to fanboyish tactics because of losers like you, theICEman, JKKDark and ShadowBlind.

Unfortunately, these forums aren't moderated with the iron fist that the Official PS boards are. If they were, the 4 of you would have been banned already.

Again, if you have nothing positive, constructive or intelligent to say about the subject of the forum that you are in, then don't post.

If you don't like how I respond to fanboy losers like yourself, then don't post.

I will continue to flame, bash and berate you all until you get it through your thick skulls that your bullshit is not welcome on the PS3 boards.

The day I see any of the regular, PS3 owners, who post here goto the Wii and 360 boards and pull the same shit you all pull, then maybe I'll cut you some slack.

why dont you grow up first you bash the wii with the worst reason ever made then you say everybody who buys a wii and 360 are poor and then you call us fanboys very muture.

your a moron, you have no good reason why the ps3 is better your just trying to get attention. and for your information i dont hate sony (i have a ps1, ps2, psp and a sony TV) i hate the ps3, why should i spend £450 on a ps3 when i can buy both a wii and 360 for the same price.

ICE
August 27th, 2007, 23:12

you're the only one flaming. you're a jerk so people treat you like one. everything you have to say seems like it ends with an insult. how mature. you ignore half the things i say and insult me when i dont answer you perfectly. you're a hypocrite.

this is dcemu not playstation. if you dont like other opinions dont come here. i have NO issue with other opinions when they're tactful and mature. you simply cant do that for some reason.

Shadowblind
August 27th, 2007, 23:17

Your correct about the first part.

I don't have enough money to buy a PS3.

But the second part--even sarcasm doesn't make that funny.

360= Greatest made
Wii= Greatest for what its made for
PS3= 360 wannabe

My friend brought out a point--if Sony believed so well in they're PS3, why have they dropped the price before its been out 6 months?
Its been 1 year and a half since the 360 came out (or was it 2 years?) and just now they drop the price---30 dollars. And yet is still an amazing value:
$279 for 360
$250 for Wii
=
Perfection at around the cost of a PS3.

And everyone, please, no arguments. Well, no flaming arguments. We have different oppinions--but we all love gaming, no? We do have something in common.

ICE
August 27th, 2007, 23:17
Do fan boys missed the big sign that says, it is a ps3 subforum? I dont understand people or should i say kid at times!
I browse every now and then on the ps3 sections and other console just to read news etc BUT you would never see me post on a console i do not own or dont intend on buying.

i came here because i was interested in the eyetoy and i soon found wii flaming that i wanted to stop. i didnt come here to argue that the wii is better and i wont. all i am saying is that the wii is a great console and i get called a fanboy loser.

EDIT: lol you're right i cant afford $600 for something my PC can already do... seems like a bad buy to me..

F9zDark
August 28th, 2007, 00:42
And everyone, please, no arguments. Well, no flaming arguments. We have different oppinions--but we all love gaming, no? We do have something in common.

Perhaps one of the most intelligent things I have ever heard thus far in this thread.

your a moron, you have no good reason why the ps3 is better

I have stated numerous times why the PS3 is better, in a verifiable, quantifiable way. If by better you mean gaming experience, well then there is no point in arguing that, everyone's preferences are different. (And I have never argued that to begin with).

you're the only one flaming. you're a jerk so people treat you like one. everything you have to say seems like it ends with an insult. how mature. you ignore half the things i say and insult me when i dont answer you perfectly. you're a hypocrite.

If you don't recall, my first post in this thread had nothing to do with flaming anyone.

Sony never said it was better than the wii-mote. More potential does not mean better. Its what developers do with that potential that makes the technology better than something else.

I have said this time and again, the Wii-mote needs an upgrade. It uses IR to determine where the remote is located and pointing. Sure it sounds great on paper, except for the fact that 3 sensor bars would be needed to determine, without error, the Wii-mote's location in 3D space.

Nintendo's work around of "putting 2 candles behind the player" is utter crap. Would any smart player want to have two sources of flame near the playing area, while having a party with the Wii? Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

As you can see, I started none of this. Not to say that I didn't have a hand in its escalation, but I had no role in starting this flamewar.

I brought up the point of the candles because, quite frankly, I doubt G4, Engadget and the likes would have made a news post about it on their sites if there 1)Wasn't a problem with the Wii-mote design and 2)If it didn't actually make it work better.

So you guys don't need to use candles, doesn't mean everyone's Wii works just as well. Even the PS3 isn't innocent when it comes this. Some people have problems playing certain PS3 titles that others do not. Doesn't mean the problem isn't there...

And for the record, I have no problem with people coming here to talk about the PS3; owning one, wanting one or not. But when said people come here to flamebait and incite flamewars, then thats when I get pissed.

Shadowblind
August 28th, 2007, 00:51
Aye, it is true---the PS3 is extremely powerful. I'll go on to say that even if by a little, it may be able to pass 360 in power. I read how for graphics they can't be compared as well as we think. I cant remember which, but in one case the other was greater at producing forgrounds, and the other at backgrounds.

Well, to get back on topic I guess---

Candles do mess up the sensor, highly true. But no way will I be setting a fire that close to a Wii!

Tree
August 28th, 2007, 00:57
look what F9zDark is talkin about is true ... do u see me in the 360 forums ? no ... most people in this forums that are 360 fans always complain about the price, jackshit eles ... the ones who do complain about some eles than price i do respect coz der got a real reason ... but if u anit got jackshit eles apart from the price just STFU coz we have heard u say it over nd over nd over ... if i had it my way i would vote F9zDark as a mod 2 get rid of u lot dat just sit der on der fat asses complainin about the price!!!!! ... go out nd play football ... the world anit all bout gaming ... get a fkin life!

ICE
August 28th, 2007, 01:26
im done. no one sees the point ive been trying to make. the wiimotes work very well in my experience and everyone i know feels the same way. even MY PARENTS are good. sure candles may make it work better but its not necessary. it works fine without them. only OCD perfectionists would disagree. or people with a defective system i guess.

oh and eyetoy could do more than the wiimote but it wont because sony wont follow through with using it.

oh and tree i spend most of my day outside in my garage working on kickboxing for your information lol

SSaxdude
August 28th, 2007, 01:59
Let's compare how many people care about the Wiimote as opposed to Sony's Eye Toy... Yeah it's incomparable.

F9zDark
August 29th, 2007, 00:44
Let's compare how many people care about the Wiimote as opposed to Sony's Eye Toy... Yeah it's incomparable.

Ok, and your point being? More people have Wii-motes than the Eye Toy? Considering the new Eye Toy isn't out yet, thats kind of a no brainer...

Tree
August 29th, 2007, 12:58
i think it would b better wid a wii mote kinda thing nd also eye toy ... b a fkin gd gamin experiences

or maybe not even dat ... mayb like something u put over u hand like a glove ... nd feet aswell ...