PDA

View Full Version : Atari announces new collection of Classics

Shrygue
August 21st, 2007, 20:31
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/08/21/atari-announces-new-collection-of-classics/)

Atari has just announced yet another retro compilation for PSP: Atari Classics Evolved will offer eleven updated games, including Asteroids, Asteroids Deluxe, Battlezone, Centipede, Lunar Lander, Millipede, Missile Command, Super Breakout, Tempest, Warlords and Pong. These "evolved" versions will include updated "up-to-date graphics," but will also be available in their original retro forms.

In addition to these updated games, there will be more than 60 original Atari 2600 titles also included in the collection -- games such as: Yar's Revenge, Night Driver, Canyon Bomber and Crystal Castles.

Online leaderboards will be provided for many of the games included in this compilation, developed by Stainless Games Ltd. Expect this to arrive on PSP this Fall.

ataribob
August 21st, 2007, 20:44
Unless it has Pitfall 1 or 2 it will be useless

jamotto
August 21st, 2007, 21:30
A good list of games from Atari. Now, maybe when Activision makes a new retro compilation they will include Pitfall!

burrito
August 21st, 2007, 23:10
Just use an emulator on your psp. Why buy this?

JKKDARK
August 21st, 2007, 23:18
I love these collections, because I don't have the old Atari systems and games :)

devdj
August 22nd, 2007, 00:04
i would love it if they made the ultimate Dragon Ball retro pack with nes and snes Dragon Ball games

hacksparrow
August 22nd, 2007, 09:11
Unless it has Pitfall 1 or 2 it will be useless the activision has both of these
A good list of games from Atari. Now, maybe when Activision makes a new retro compilation they will include Pitfall!i don't understand
Just use an emulator on your psp. Why buy this?
agreed, however they don't have the upgrades!
I love these collections, because I don't have the old Atari systems and games :)ditto