PDA

View Full Version : Where to get gps240 cheap???

zach5555
August 21st, 2007, 22:05
I am getting rid of my psp-290 and getting a gps slim 240, where is the cheapest place a buy one??? on ebay they are kind of expensive because of the shipping.

nuclear_j
August 21st, 2007, 22:34
I got my Holux from ebay. Wait till you find one with a low price. You have to find a seller who is selling it used. The ones that are new are from the retailer.

zach5555
August 21st, 2007, 22:45
what holux did you get???

nuclear_j
August 21st, 2007, 22:56
I got the 236. I think is is cheaper than the 240. It worked better than the 290.

PSPdemon
August 22nd, 2007, 00:02
i too am wondering about this....

i just got the cable for it and im looking at buying a Holux 240.

Anyone with suggestions at where to find a cheap one? Cheapest i found was around 40-50 ( including shipping ) and is brand new, though its on ebay and comes from the retailer.

i hope to find a cheap one soon.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

zach5555
August 22nd, 2007, 01:36
where did you see them for 40-50 bucks??? The ones i have been looking at have been around $60

Codaz
August 22nd, 2007, 01:47
Get a 2nd hand one. Those are cheaper. And offcourse they will work, it isn't a watch. With a watch you never now wath the seller did to it, maybe it's broken inside, he dropped it or something.

But with this GPS device nothing can be wrong with a 2nd hand.

Open up the holux, the only thing you will find inside is a soldering print and a battery, some led's and that's it.

Those devices can't be repaired because of very advanced chips and eletronics. The only thing Holux will do when you send it in for repair is writing a new bootcode onto the chips or placing a new motherboard (soldering chip) in it, thus replacing the whole machine.

zach5555
August 22nd, 2007, 02:07
where can i get a 2nd hand holux 240???

r2000
August 22nd, 2007, 03:08
$50 is about the cheapest you can find anywhere, including ebay.
A 2nd hand one is not any cheaper so I suggest you get a new one rather than wait.

cydus21
August 22nd, 2007, 04:42
Get a 2nd hand one. Those are cheaper. And offcourse they will work, it isn't a watch. With a watch you never now wath the seller did to it, maybe it's broken inside, he dropped it or something.

But with this GPS device nothing can be wrong with a 2nd hand.

Open up the holux, the only thing you will find inside is a soldering print and a battery, some led's and that's it.

Those devices can't be repaired because of very advanced chips and eletronics. The only thing Holux will do when you send it in for repair is writing a new bootcode onto the chips or placing a new motherboard (soldering chip) in it, thus replacing the whole machine.

how small is small??? small enuf to find some space in the PSP and wire it in?? i was thinking of using the WLAN switch to replace the GPS switch if i manage to squeeze it in. think its possible?

Ninja_NZ
August 22nd, 2007, 10:06
Anyone know any place to get one in Hong Kong and the cable aswell? As I'm going over there for a holiday in September and would love to pick up the Holux 240 and cable for cheap.

r2000
August 22nd, 2007, 10:18
Do not ever think you can get a GPS cheap in Hong Kong. GPS is not widely used in Hong Kong and the price in the shop is just about the highest in the world!

zach5555
August 23rd, 2007, 01:19
i bought a cable from pc-mobile.net and now i just have to work on getting a holux 240, and im selling my psp-290

Codaz
August 24th, 2007, 00:10
The best is if you live in Europe, get a Holux from a US site which ships to Europe.

Now the Euro is far better than the US Dollar so the Holux comes cheap :)

rollinolin
August 24th, 2007, 01:10
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/08/europe-dates-se.html

It also says "With pricing as low as $135,", thats double what i paid for mine. So look forward to a price jump in the future for this device.

I got it from digimartz.com for $50 US (total of $66 after shipping)
this is my shipping status as of today from USPS

Foreign International Dispatch, August 17, 2007, 12:52 pm, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, August 16, 2007, 8:29 am, CHINA PEOPLES REP

should I be concerned or does it take forever for it to update.
shiping from China to Tacoma Washington.

if anyone has got one from here please let me know otherwise i may have to get a refund through paypal.

r2000
August 24th, 2007, 02:44
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/08/europe-dates-se.html

It also says "With pricing as low as $135,", thats double what i paid for mine. So look forward to a price jump in the future for this device.

I got it from digimartz.com for $50 US (total of $66 after shipping)
this is my shipping status as of today from USPS

Foreign International Dispatch, August 17, 2007, 12:52 pm, SHENZHEN, CHINA PEOPLES REP
Foreign Acceptance, August 16, 2007, 8:29 am, CHINA PEOPLES REP

should I be concerned or does it take forever for it to update.
shiping from China to Tacoma Washington.

if anyone has got one from here please let me know otherwise i may have to get a refund through paypal.

I woulkd avoid anything shipping from China, if you have a choice, though many are without any problem apart from being a bit slow.

If you get shipping status update from USPS, then it is most likely OK.

rollinolin
August 25th, 2007, 19:22
finaly got my gps 240!
the box looked like it had been opened before so im crossing my fingers. I took it outside to get a quick fix and bada bing it worked like a charm.
im going for a drive to test it out.
Thanks Deniska and all for your hard work.

rollinolin
August 26th, 2007, 18:31
went on a road trip today and was amazed of how accurate mapthis was. I cant wait to build a hybrid map and try it.