PDA

View Full Version : Still Hope For Bioshock PS3...

gdf
August 21st, 2007, 22:39
via Kokatu (http://kotaku.com/)

And once again the rumors of 2K's BioShock coming out on the PlayStation 3 are swirling about on the internets, driven by this bit of code found in the PC demo's config.ini file what lists the PS3 as a console.

-- [Console]

Console (XBox360, PS3) specific settings

StreamingDynamicFloatingLimit:

If this is a positive number, then instead of using the fixed per-level

limits, the StreamingDynamic resource will use as much memory as is available as long as the total memory allocated by the game is less than
the specified number. In other words, StreamingDynamic will grow and
shrink to fit to the available memory instead of being locked to a fixed
budget StreamingDynamicFloatingLimit=500--

Well yes, that certainly does appear to be PS3 listed there after the comma. Intriguing, but I'm not sure it is worthy of the end all, be all announcements being made by sites like PlayStation Universe.

According to a config.ini log taken directly from the source of the BioShock PC demo, it appears once and for all this game is coming to PS3.

Wishful thinking goes a long way in making tiny facts add up to big truths. For all we know this could be be placeholder code left in from early in the game's development, before the exclusivity was even a factor. It could be overzealous notation on the part of a coder. It could very well mean the game is coming to PS3, but far from a definitive sign. Patience, my PlayStation purist friends. If it comes, it will come.

Anonymous D
August 22nd, 2007, 00:07
its been said over at kotaku that this cud have been left in from early templates, ive got the demo on my pc and its awesome

DPyro
August 22nd, 2007, 00:14
It was originally intended to go to the PS3, so anythings possible. Not that I care, as I was never interested in the game.

jerrt
August 22nd, 2007, 00:29
from what i'm gathering from people talking at various news sites that have this up. this is probably just a normal developer place holder contained in the unreal engine. sounds like the consensus right now.

mcdougall57
August 22nd, 2007, 00:48
i really want to play this game but my pc is too crappy :(