PDA

View Full Version : Need advice / possible psychiatric help / solitaire advice

Zargon
August 22nd, 2007, 06:44
Less than two hours ago, my mom got pissed at the computer because she believed that solitaire had changed during a windows update. She says that the game had changed back in March, even though the game she has on there is the same game that came packaged with all windows OSs since 3.0. She swears that she has been playing this same game both on the computer and with her own cards for years. She says that you were able to put cards onto each other, completely disregarding color(perverted version of Klondike), while in fact you can only put cards on other cards of a different suit(Klondike version).
I don't know if my mom is going crazy or just has memory problems or what. She is only in her early 50's. Hopefully she isn't going senile, but I am seriously worried about her. Any possible help with this would be great. If you are going to make a joke about this by the way, just go to hell. Its not funny.

SnesR0X
August 22nd, 2007, 06:54
She could be trippin. You ever considered that?

Or, more likely, she just remembers a different but similar game.

Zargon
August 22nd, 2007, 06:56
I know she hasn't been drinking or doing other drugs and she swears it was the windows XP standard version of the game.

bah
August 22nd, 2007, 07:08
I learnt to play solitaire with that windows solitaire app and the first thing I realised was the cards have to go in order and be in alternating colours.

I think it has changed graphically since I first played it in windows 95 (could have been 98), and I know absolutely nothing about the game other than how to play/win at the windows version, but you certainly always have to alternate colours down the bottom.

The help/about says copyright 81-2001 Microsoft (windows xp sp2) so I would say its the same.

parkermauney
August 23rd, 2007, 00:26
Spider solitaire, and klondike, are 2 totally different things.