PDA

View Full Version : Sony to Unveil PSP Download Service Today

Shrygue
August 22nd, 2007, 17:02
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/sony-to-unveil-psp-download-service-today-292143.php)

We happened to be walking by the Sony booth, the massive Sony booth, this morning when they were rehearsing part of their press conference. In particular they were showing a slide that read PSP Video Download Service. Unfortunately, we didn't hear any particulars, but they did go on to say something about an upcoming FIFA tournament for the PS3 and I believe that the head of the FIFA might actually take the stage later today to talk details.

The press conference starts at 6:15 p.m. local time, which is 12:15 Eastern time, I believe. No clue if we will be able to liveblog it, but we will certainly strive to get the details up asap.

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 17:11
what exactly does PSP download service mean.. dont we already have us.playstation.com and ps spot?

blackrave
August 22nd, 2007, 17:14
Perhaps to purchase and load commercial games and movies from memory stick on the PSP? :O
I'm thinking this especially because of Sony's ISO loader discovered in 3.50.

Gizmo356
August 22nd, 2007, 17:20
lol I live in Eastern time and I saw this at exactly 12:15 :p

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 17:20
yay more hacking and piracy on our way.. >_> lol

that would be kind of crazy for sony to do that, sharing games would be so much easier for pirates.

bah
August 22nd, 2007, 19:27
yay more hacking and piracy on our way.. >_> lol

that would be kind of crazy for sony to do that, sharing games would be so much easier for pirates.

They are already available on the warez scene for anyone who can use a search engine and possesses a basic comprehension of a somewhat widely spoken language.

How would providing a legal alternative affect that adversely?