PDA

View Full Version : GC: First Sonic Rivals 2 trailer speeds in

Shrygue
August 22nd, 2007, 17:41
via Computer and Video games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=170600)

Sonic Rivals 2, like the original, blends classic-style Sonic platforming with racing as you sprint through high-speed levels to reach the end before your opponent.

We're loving the colourful 3D graphics that not only look brilliant on the PSP screen, but make for some interesting level design as Sonic wings through twirling corkscrews, while the camera swoops round to keep him in view.

As well as improved power-ups and new levels, the new game will boast a brand new Battle mode allows two players to jump into six different multiplayer challenges by sharing just one disc using the PSP system's Wi-Fi functionality.

Sonic Rivals 2 is slated for a November release.

Trailer here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=1007)

xg917
August 22nd, 2007, 19:09
a few statements which i think everyone can agree on:

-sonic rivals seems like a much slower game than any other sonic game created.
-racing + sonic = NO (at least not this game in my opinion)
-for some reason sonic rush is a better game (to me..)
-something similar to new super mario bros would be great (3d characters, 2d environments, no racing!)
-or at least port sonic adventure 2.

Basil Zero
August 23rd, 2007, 21:27
Well a racing sonic game was already made, Sonic Riders.

So it was ok, but this type of sonic game may be mediocre, but I cant say its the worst of the series.

Imo, its ok, its nothing special, but its good, i liked the first game, but it suffered from terrible glitches, which was the only down part for me.

Hopefully the 2nd game will have less glitches.

JKKDARK
August 23rd, 2007, 23:33
The first one was horrible, I hope people will not buy this new one :mad:

Elmarco
August 24th, 2007, 00:00
I thought the first one lacked the flair that the original sonic games had. But lets hope this one will improve its reputation a little. :o